Dude, clean your room

What are your opinions on psychoanalysis? Does it have merit? Or is it just a hopeless attempt at grasping meaning in a meaningless world; or as others would call it an attempt of frivolity and naivety on the part of the psychoanalyst?

It's just physicians trying to compete with the Pope in the religion as fraud dept. it's very lucrative and the AMA got jealous of how much the fake churches haul in so they made up their own bullshit. It doesn't help anyone.

What's your opinion on the human condition then?

The human condition of sickness, war and death is caused by a culturally developed bias against honesty.

A.K.A. the easy route, correct?

In other words, if you want to fix things start being culturally biased against duplicity. That's all we have to do.

Would you die if I remove that dominance hierarchy?

No lie, I'm actually going to see Jordan Peterson talk in a few hours. I'm going with a few friends.

That is a way to put a face on the other posters idea of duplicity. I am in grief sometimes at how lost people are in the United States. They create abstract worlds, and humor fantasy; all the while they are hypocrites. The world still contains brutality, but for a portion of the world they remain in enclosed, padded societies. They forget nature has it's ebbs and flows, and so when the shift collides at their doorstep, they do not know what to do.

Keep us updated

>THE JEWS RULE US?

>WE ARE LUCKY BECAUSE THEY'RE SMARTER

>WE SHOULD BE GRATEFUL

>CLEAN YOUR ROOM LITTLE BOY

>RESCUE YOUR INNER-DADDY

>LITTLE WHITE BOI

I hope his wife gets Jihadi'd and acid thrown in her fucking face.

Causes more confusion than it solves in the confused customer who thinks they need answers to make sense of their life and find happiness.

This shit, like all of (((it))) is simply a business. The customer never gets better because there's no solution to all problems unless you accept there's no solution to all problems. But (((they))) take your money for the rest of your life, because they say talking helps.

(((Talk forever$$$))) goy

Jung's theories became a lot more convincing to me after realizing heaps of symbolic dreams, times of synchronicity and deja vu, as well as dabbling with strong acid trips. It makes me want to believe in a collective unconscious but...
>maybe I'm just retarded

biological sex: male/female, he, him, his/she, her, her
deity: "you're trying to box me in to a binary category"

Gf is psychologist

She reckons its real

Taking drugs and hallucinating doesnt make you smarter, you just became more naive

Sorry, by Deity what do you mean?

>>THE JEWS RULE US?
>>WE ARE LUCKY BECAUSE THEY'RE SMARTER
>>WE SHOULD BE GRATEFUL
>>CLEAN YOUR ROOM LITTLE BOY
>>RESCUE YOUR INNER-DADDY
>>LITTLE WHITE BOI

>THE JEWS RULE US?
>WE ARE LUCKY BECAUSE THEY'RE SMARTER
>WE SHOULD BE GRATEFUL
>CLEAN YOUR ROOM LITTLE BOY
>RESCUE YOUR INNER-DADDY
>LITTLE WHITE BOI

I think he was onto something but it's not exactly original to him. The idea that things in our lives symbolize deeper truths and divergent entities synchronize over time and space is ancient and present in a lot of cultures.

The 'collective unconscious' thing is really just him transposing those ancient ideas into a modern psychological context.

>t. Messy room

Do you think successful Jew's didn't start by cleaning their room and making their bed? Do you even have children? How do you raise them? By teaching them envy?

It's just a method of mind policing, returning them to the good labourer balance of dull acceptance.

The stupid thing about that shit is you'll never meet a rich successful person who made life decisions based on their dreams.

But you'll meet a fuckload of gypsies and pschotics who do.

The Muslims think dreams are a massive deal and they interpret all of them. Surely you don't doubt the efficacy of Muslim logic, pol?

My mother is a psychoanalist, my father is a regular psychiatrist. AMA

A somewhat useful way of organizing the psyche and guiding ones way through life. Not definitive.

Well you do occasionally see people like this, they're mystics or in extreme cases they're actual prophets who found religions.

But yeah I take your point, most of it(or maybe all of it) is bullshit

I do think their is something to say about our dreams, but such activities such as reading them are activities are not conducive to our modern world which is already in a state of sickness.

Are they crazy?

What's it like growing up with people in the psychology field?

Not more than the average person. I think a desire to be a psychiatrist is potentlially born from a desire to fix oneself, but this would be more the case for my father than my mother - he had a rough upbrining

It is unscientific mostly. Sometimes it gets general concepts right but it is more of a 'shamanistic' than a scientific approach that psychoanalysis is taking. Neuropsychology is the future although be still do lack understanding in some of the most fundamental processes of the human brain. Still, there is emerging evidence how even single gene variants may drastically influence human behaviour.

>What's it like growing up with people in the psychology field?
I have an above average grasp of what makes people tick.
As far as parent-child relations, they are so emotionally loaded that it was hard for my parents to anlayze me as objectivly as they do their patients. I did not feel 'exposed' mentally or anything.

Dreams are just an effective use of time to expose the mind to situations that the person may encounter in the real world, so that they will be less surprised, and make more prepared decisions.

We are animals first and last. We needed to use our sleep efficiently to prepare for the future. It doesn't give us tips and magic hints and little mentions from the collective unconscious. It throws concepts to us and we witness how we can react.

Instead of a lion running you down in real life, you can dream it, so if it happened you'd be that one step more prepared. The pre-humans who didn't dream of lions were one step behind the ones who did, and they didn't survive.

Yes, but you make it appear to be about the actually action of dreaming while asleep. I am speaking of the rumination that would occur afterwards, and I agree are important. But people in society have been stripped of that activity in general (and the traditions), for other things.

>you'll never meet a rich successful person who made life decisions based on their dreams.
I'm self made, rich and do that. Interpreting your intuition correctly including dreams does lead to success, it's about using your capabilities instead of ignoring them. The hippie types focus too much on the imagery and get lost in it instead of what it's pointing to.

Off to see him today, hopefully he hasn't let his fame get to his head.

It's not just practice, when we learn new information we have to incorporate it into our worldview and physical wiring. Metaphors and such are when you use wiring meant for one thing to represent another. During dreaming the mind cycles through different ways of representing and solidifying new information that caught the interest of pattern detection mechanisms.

Was cleaning your room part of your plan?

Eh. I think dreams do make some sense.

Dreamt of bumping into my ex at a cafe. Good friend interrupted me before I could say hi to her and told me not to acknowledge her.

Two weeks later that same good friend met her and related to me that my ex was a bullet I dodged.

In my dream my friend was symbolic of my logical side, I think.

IRL his logic is amazing as well.