What does Sup Forums find bad about private trackers like AB...

What does Sup Forums find bad about private trackers like AB? it seems there exists here some animosity towards the supposed 'elitism' of these 'sekrit klubs', though personally I find them to possess spectacular retention of content.

mostly lurking

only newfags care about elitism

They don't let anybody in.

You see Neo-Sup Forums hate elitism and is full of normalfags. Make me wonder why these faggots aren't just paying for CR.

The fact that there's an achievement system in a private trackers speaks for itself OP.

I don't have anything against it aside from the fact that I didn't know it existed untill after Nyaa got taken down. Wasn't really in to anime that much untill about two years ago and by then HorribleSubs and Nyaa took care of all my needs so I just fucked up. Just hoping that signups open up eventually so that I can get in.

I got a great ratio in other torrent communities I'm a part of (>10.5 ratio in four different communities) so I should be fine once they open up again or I get to know someone who can throw me an invite.

Well pretty obvious why people don't like them is nobody can get into them. I'm on a few private trackers and they are fucking awesome, but it sucks when you can't get into something.

Some would also say it really defeats the purpose of filesharing and i've seen several hypocritical things coming from private trackers. Most notably when someone releases something and says do not steal my release when they already stole it from the creators.

I'm the poster of and I disagree with that sentiment. There's a point to having private trackers, you make sure the people who are involved all contribute, by atleast seeding. A good part of the torrenting community are rather selfish in that regard which is really silly everything considered.

>you make sure the people who are involved all contribute
This is what I don't like about private trackers. I don't want to be forced to seed. I'm fine seeding while I have my client open downloading things but I don't want to have to keep it open just to seed.

I remember when they were letting literally anyone in, but I didn't care about some shitty tracker with inferior (back then) content when Nyaa and BakaBT existed or you could simply use aggregators like TT.

Now you literally need to be a normalfag to get invite on AB.
You can try making friends on MAL, join some steam groups, chat in discord or be active in facebook group. It's fucking pure cancer.

But obviously I will change my mind and think it's all fine as soon as I get invite.

Bakabt didn't even require registration until few weeks ago, had no punishment for low ratio and somehow on average its torrents have more seeds than AB. Explain this.

I forget to seed

So does everyone in private trackers still have a VIP or what?

>Bakabt didn't even require registration until few weeks ago, had no punishment for low ratio and somehow on average its torrents have more seeds than AB. Explain this.

Hard to explain to be honest, but might've had to do with it being semi-open? AB was closed and you didn't have to even make an account to download from BakaBT AFAIK.

A circlejerk of weeaboo faggots is not 'elite'. We don't hate elitism, we hate merely hate subhumans.

Sorry VPN I'm retarted

>no punishment for low ratio and somehow on average its torrents have more seeds than AB. Explain this.
With no punishment for low ratio people aren't afraid to download things so more things get downloaded=more peers.

Weebs are entitled leechers.

I use AB and I've never used a vpn.

If anime isn't easily accessible, Sup Forums gets flooded with permanent newfags.

Nothing, they are probably great I suppose, not that I will ever be able to join one. I did had a chance before 2014 but didn't care about it.

My ISP leaves me with fucking ass upload rates.

I just use a seedbox.

I've got burger internet theres no way possible i could keep a seed ratio up

I don't have anything but I sucks that I was here when applications were first open and I missed it because I thought I already had Bakabt.
Turns out I never made a BakaBT account either because the site had that "do you really need an account this site is basically public lmao"
Now I have finally learned my lesson and got into a couple of asian movie trackers that have some anime

I don't want to seed and I want to leave my upload capped at 15KB/s.

my upload was shit until last week, so now i have nothing against them

I understand all that, but the OP was asking why people don't like private trackers. I think private trackers are great like I said, but when you are so exclusive that no one ever gets in you have to question what you are doing. Many places have open sign ups for a week or so then close down. New people fall in line or get kicked. I really don't see a reason to permanently wall yourself off from new members for fear that everyone else out there is terrible.

Mine is still shit. Bless yen system and freeleech

>download only niche stuff
>ratio is shit
>get thrown out
This was my experience with BakaBT anyway, which is weird because everyone else claims to have astronomically bad ratios as well

You don't need a VPN for private trackers since they're hard to crack down. Copyright trolls most likely target the public trackers and anime streaming sites

I have a 0 ratio on BBT and never lost my account. I don't know what you did wrong.

freeleech is still ass because you have to seed for 3 days I think to avoid the hit and run.

When the go private last month they deleted accounts which were inactive for more than 12 months. So maybe it was it.

Well Afaik it's also about capacity, untill not too long ago Animebytes only had 3000 spots on their tracker, now 18000 (I think?). I guess it's a bit about costs as well and such!

Is there anyway to fix a bad ratio? I've been trying to donwload stuff from nyaa and seed it on bakabt, but no one ever donwloads anything.

What's wrong with seeing for 72 hours in total?

>What does Sup Forums find bad about private trackers like AB?
When you have good download but bad upload it feels bad not being able to seed as fast. We're still in an age where internet gets capped even in the USA.

Is it really that bad to have it open in the background while doing other things? It really doesn't take that much CPU power away from anything else.

>by then HorribleSubs

They are still around and there are still ways to access their stuff...

I have a 1.0 ratio it really isn't that hard just use scheduler to set times when seeding will be good. For me I left it on 24/7 on limited during day and at night I set it to unlimited. The more you download the more chances you have to seed also so look out for freeleech stuff you want.

Yeah they are, but they don't do some Anime movies I'm interested in like Kizumonogatari! Nor do they have some older content that I'd also like to watch eventually.

A small hint is to look for files that have freeleech on them and just keep it uploading. since it took 0 bytes to download it'll always be a gain even if it takes ages.

Isn't there a week deadline for it? I'm fine seeding when my client is open but I don't want to keep it open just for seeding.

72 hours.

Why is that a big issue? You could just limit your upload to like 300 kb and then do other things, it's not like it takes a lot of CPU or anything like that. currently my Qbittorrent is taking 0.3% of my CPU.

No I mean a week deadline for the 72 hours seeding. Like I'm fine building up 72 hours over how ever long it takes just having my client open but I don't want to have to keep it open just to make the 72 hours in a week mark.

Not at all. 72 in total.

Does AB let you get an old account back?

man if you people still think private trackers are somehow safe after nyaa, the japanese anime industry is coming and they're going to collect their dues

and if you want to make excuses try to at least remember the ones you made for why nyaa would never get taken down or why it wouldn't matter if it were

I was mistaken, I just checked on AB and they say you have until 4 times the min. seed time so 12 days for under 10gb but then they have the bs rule where they tack on an extra 5 hours per gb of required seeding for torrents above 10gb.

How are the japanese taking it?

I have 0 problems with private trackers

Except animebytes, because I have never managed to get a invite

>it seems there exists here some animosity towards the supposed 'elitism' of these 'sekrit klubs'
Are you fucking kidding me? Sup Forums in general is elitist. It's why spoonfeeders and people who stream are told to fuck off. Anyone upset over AB is most likely just jealous.

Fucking leech

I only dislike them because I have a shitty isp with a 250gb a month bandwidth cap so I can't download the always freeleech 1080p stuff and no one downloads the 720p stuff which makes it tough to keep a good ratio. sites like passthepopcorn have it right where you get points for seeding anything which you can convert to upload.

Up: 13.41 TB
Down: 491.98 GB

You know that AB has bonus points right? Just download a bunch of music and manga and live off the yen you generate.

>get points for seeding anything which you can convert to upload
AB has such a system as well and there is no minimum ratio to maintain. As long as you seed and don't incur hit and runs.

Burgerland trackers have nothing that you can't get elsewhere.

>all those anons that got banned earlier from public invites
RIP

ah, that's good to hear. I only knew that AB had the 1080p freeleech that is common with other sites

That deadline doesn't really matter as long as you don't have 10+ hit and runs (then you won't be able to download until you clear those hit and runs)

And we're going to continue to have the same thread every day until a stable Nyaa alternative pops up.

>not using the AB dark themes
Enjoy burning out your eyes.

From my experience the problem is that I have shit upload so in the end one way or another I will be spending money on pirating if I were to use only private trackers; either on a seedbox or by donating for a proper ratio, I get that for some people private trackers are a thing (I use a couple myself) but for the amount of anime I download weekly (which isn't much really) I think its a but overboard to try and get into this secret club that you can only get invited to and whose community you have to stay active with in order to maintain it. I had an AB account but it was deleted due to inactivity I think. One because I didn't feel like getting a seedbox, second because once I got in I didn't know what to download that I could already get from other places without the extra hassle.

>not using the Dream Theme

Do people leaching off of show producers legitimately get angry with people leaching off of them or is it ironic?

Bandwidth limits. I have unlimited but some people get fucked hard.

And that's why you don't deserve to be on private trackers. If you don't want to seed to at least 1:1, you deserve to be stuck on pubilic ones.

>vpn
>for Japanese media
Pick one.

I'm fine seeding to at least 1:1 I just want to do it on my own terms.

I'll never understand how you can have a bad ratio on private trackers. It's incredibly easy to maintain a >1.0 ratio.

Mostly because they force me to talk and socialize so i can get to know someone so i can enter it, which i am not only terrible at, but also hate it with a passion, there is a reason the people here are posting in an ANONYMOUS imageboard, they dont want to make friends or play the seniority game, people want to talk about animu where everyone has equal footing, only their words measuring their conversation.

Thankfully i found a tracker open right now so i will try to pry my way in quietly and efficiently

That's bullshit and you know it. "I want to do the right thing, but only if nobody makes me do the right thing".

>I want to do the right thing
No one here is paying for anything

will AB recover really old deactivated accounts?

Honour among thieves is a real thing, believe it or not, not everyone wants to pirate shit but do so cause of other reasons like avaibility, cost or convenience. Like if I used CR here (I pay for it, so I in some way support the creators), I can watch 3 of the current airing shows I'm interested in. I download 13 shows every week as it is now.

Couple of reasons

-Obviously, it's hard to get in if they don't feel like getting new people. But even beyond that, the idea of registering somewhere to get anime and other Japanese stuff really goes against the entire spirit of Sup Forums
-Following that, the idea that the amount that you Torrent DL can be controlled or at least monitored until have have a certain "ratio" is also not really liked
-Then there's the fact that, as elitist as we can be, even if we can get into these sites, it's much much harder to share with others. We exercise the rule of "we don't give sauce/find things on your own" but it's hard to even exercise that when it's behind a sekrit club
-There's also the fact that, at least in terms of BakaBT, there is certain content that they willingly restrict.

And really the easiest answer, public trackers are just easier and more convenient especially reliable ones like Nyaa

I don't think it is. I have zero problem seeding, but I want to seed only when I have my client open downloading other things, I don't want to open my client just to seed.

Again, that's BS. Having your client open only to seed is literally zero effort. You're just making up excuses.

I've only ever used my AB account for Freeleech. How does this affect me?

I can still get in it since I always logged in once a month or so but I'm pretty sure my ratio is shit. How can I fix this

I have 8.x ratio on bakabt with several TBs uploaded and bakabt has no punishment for low ratio. I do it because I can seed. I don't care about existence of leechers as long as there are at least few seeders for any torrent.
That's how torrents always worked, not because of some retarded requirements.

seed the freeleach buy ratio with yen

AB is super easy to maintain ratio on because all currently-airing stuff is freeleech, along with 1080p BD rips, and DVDISO/BDMV

I'm sorry to say this but you are in the minority. I wish more people were like you and seeded simply because they can but the truth of the matter is that most don't.

Torrents have always worked that way when there are 20000 people downloading Photoshop or Game of Thrones or Naruto or whatever the fuck. But there's shitloads of obscure stuff that isn't always going to have the interest of a dedicated seeder

So just download some new episodes every now and then and I'll get a good ratio back?

I had a pretty good ratio on Bakabt but they deleted my account for being inactive I think. How do I get into private trackers when they usually ask for your ratio on another private tracker?

>I want to seed only when I have my client open downloading other things, I don't want to open my client just to seed.
If you don't like the extra window open, why not try a client with a daemon + web interface? I've found it really convenient, espescially since I know my machine's internal ip (and therefore can access the web interface from my phone while at home, while cooking or whatever)

>He doesn't stream 144p at watchanimemangafoxgaia.ru in out of sync with inaccurate TLs and TL comments out of sync
>He doesn't use Firefox browser with Yahoo toolbar and with Adblock instead of ghost
>He doesn't have gay sex with hats on in his bookmark
>He doesn't watch in outofthebox VLC media player and uses russian mpc or hl
Fucking newfags

>I'm sorry to say this but you are in the minority.
No, retarded namefag. Bakabt never punished for low ratios and didn't even need registration until few weeks ago and it has more seeders on average when AB.

Ratios does not help with keeping seeders for obscure staff. It's obscure, it means no one downloads it. And that means there is literally no point in seeding it since your ratio for this one torrent will be

Ask on the irc, it depends on the situation. As long as it simply expired they might give it back.

Not what I meant. You are in the minority of people torrenting anime because you seed even when you don't have to. Not sure why you're insulting me for complimenting you though.

Lol nope it's seeded on private trackers because it has to be or it gives them points towards upload whether anyone downloads or not. On public trackers they just die.

but user, doing the right thing would be buying the anime that you enjoy so much

>bakabt never punished for bad ratios.
What kind of special ed bullshit are you spreading. Are you autistic or something? You need a ratio over min to scrap or do without going thru the backdoor or finding that new monthly tracker. Hell you can still do that.

I don't like them because it's impossible to get in unless you know someone. All my friends are normal fags and don't have anything to do with anime.

>Not sure why you're insulting me for complimenting you though.
Because you're literally retarded.
I just said that I'm not minority. There are shitton of people who seed even when they don't need to and that's why I mentioned bakabt as an example.