Name a cringier show

Name a cringier show.

Protip: You can't

Never finished watching it, but I remember that the MC seemed like the biggest Mary Sue of all time.

Don't you dare insult Onii-sama

>cringier
>>>/reddit/ Hell they are shit airing seasonally like this one.

You have no idea
The novel is borderline parody

Naruto
My Completely Original Character Boruto
Bleach
Mayoiga
Love Live! School Idol Project
Musaigen no Phantom World

All at least as cringy, just off the top of my head.
Fuck off back to /r/anime, faggot.

ask yourselves this: would a mary sue be incapable of feelings?

would a god of perfection show actual emotions towards disgusting humans?

it's even better when you rewatch it and already know that onii-sama is literal god

Watched it through. I wish I could have those hours back. Tatsuya is up there with Kirito for Gary Stu-ness. The setting was passably interesting, but the protagonist ruined it for me.

>MC has deficiency in main supernatural system
A little cliche, but I can roll with it if it means he comes up with clev-
>MC's deficiency is because he's actually stupidly OP in a way that the school doesn't measure
Welp

>Magic has clearly defined limits, like how flying is stupidly hard due to compounding vectors
That makes a lot of sense! Neat!
>MC pulls a workaround out of his ass and flies around with his power-rangers
Welp

>Multiple interesting arcs, including magic-tournament and anti-magic terrorists
I could see these making for some cool conflicts
>MC can one-shot absolutely anything, is perfect at everything, and doesn't care about anti-magic because reasons
Welp

>MC is finally challenged
FINALLY
>MC pulls ability to full-heal people at-will out of his ass
Welp

The thing that gets me the most is how it's set up as this system that discriminates between top tier students and the lower tier, and your MC is on the lower tier, so surely he's gonna prove that the lower tier deserves a chance to prove itself. Instead, he just casually shits all over everyone and is immediately stated to be the secretly strongest student ever who is actually only lower tier due to technicality

What the fuck was the author thinking when he wrote that? This show cracked me up.

Does anyone have the copypasta about giving change?

Wasn't even the cringiest show when this aired. That was SAO.

If you want a "feel good underdog" anime then go watch Shounenshit you fucking retards.

My Onii-sama coming to fuck your shit up non-believers

the key is to watch it ironically. then, it's the best shit ever

Got a point. People think SAO is a good anime, and the ones who think it is, think Kirito is a good MC and the rest of the cast are great.

Ugh.

Probably my favorite supernaturally-deficient story was the manga Iris Zero. Protagonist legitimately lacks the powers everyone else has, and makes up for it by being observant and intelligent.

Praise him, for we are not worthy to bask in his glory.

Not really. It's fucking boring.

>PAY ATTENTION!
HEY, WHAT IS IT?
>WHAT JUST HAPPEN?
>ARE YOU SERIOUS?
NO, NO, NO, DON'T WORRY, ONE TWO THREE

(Me)

>People think SAO is good when e-celebs put those people in perpetual hiding
>even they don't think SAO is the greatest anymore or at all

Seriously.

I can do the same for SAO and Mirai Nikki. They are still bad.

Mahouka was the worst thing to ever have ironic dicksuckers ever.

Even Guilty Crown and Valvrave deserved that more

>Tatsuya is up there with Kirito for Gary Stu-ness

I never got this comparison, one is just REALLY GOOD at video games, its shown he's a girly looking manlet who is weaker than his own little sister in the real world

They other is an invulnerable demigod in "real life" (ie. Onii-sama isn't just based in a fake world within the narrative, and normal outside that fake world)

One is clearly more sue than the other

Tatsuya is liked ironically because he's an unapologetic abomination of bad writing.

Kirito is disliked because he's everything wrong with generic shonen, more specifically YGO MCs turned up to 11 (read he runs on asspulls/DEM)

People are more offended by nonsense done in YGO/Bleach/Fairy Tail's brand of dumb rather than Hellsing's flavor of overpowered.

The fucking supersonic snap

The reference to CAD software took me back to engineering class.

It's almost like they're trying to make it look like shit.

>DEM
Explain further.

Mahouka is great; it has a great, well developed idea of a magic system that doesn't ignore real world physics, interesting politics dealing with subterfuge and multiple government agencies, great diversity of themes, and interesting enough side characters, with compelling main characters.

The adaptation was poor, but it sure as fuck was entertaining and charming, and the source material is fantastic.

But if we're naming cringier shows, Watamote.

>Have a pretty good brother/sister dynamic
>Ruin it with incest bullshit because the Japanese are a race of only children

When will this meme end?

The girls were 11/10 so it has that to it.

What matters for stu-ness is how the MC approaches obstacles and how others treat him. Kirito has always been the special-snowflake who wins for no good reason. Setting aside the fact that the author has no idea how videogames actually work, there's a variety of silly things. (Disclaimer: I only watched through ALO, though I've seen synopses of GGO)

>Kirito fighting a mob of underleveled PKers who can't beat his health regen
This is stupid. He's only this strong hypothetically because he spends all of his time at the furthest edges of where the players have pushed, always grinding. Yet we seem to almost always see him dozens of floors below, where he's overleveled, which makes him look godly. Why is he down here? What happened to always grinding? It seems like a poorly veiled excuse to play up the power-fantasy.

>Self-deprecating about being too good
One of the quintessential Sue traits, we see this first with the whole "Beater" stupidity (there's no way that beta testers would actually be treated like that as opposed to invaluable assets, and even if they were originally ostracized, that info got old fast). We later see this when he's again slumming it way below with whatever that tiny guild is, and he just watches people die and gets all emo because he doesn't want to show off how powerful he is, which makes no sense.

>Gets special ability that only one player can get which lets you break basic world-rules everyone else needs to follow
I don't think I really need to elaborate on this one

>Kirito actually loses a fight!
>It's actually the person who made the game
>AND that person is cheating
Really?

Even if he isn't as abjectly powerful as Tatsuya, the breaker is that he still is written as a blatant power fantasy without any earning of that power. He's just "naturally talented" which is lame. Klein, for example, would have made a legitimately interesting MC to SAO.

He's not even that bad. I'm reading it now and the annoying shit is wasting paragraphs on how Miyuki is so beautiful and perfect.
>muh yamato nadeshiko!

The author also tends to drop plot points and then forget about them. Remember that magatama that they were hyping up as being able to possibly hold magic? It's finally referenced again 2 or 3 arcs afterwards with a small blurb and that's it. Eventually characters just start disappearing from the narrative.

Fuck you man, onii-sama is cringe in a good way.

As a side note, being godly-powerful does not necessarily make you a mary sue. For example, Goku is on an entirely stupid power level, but the fact that we see him constantly being pushed and challenged, and constantly having to go to great lengths to train makes it earned. One Punch Man's chief problem is that he's bored and/or is incapable of moving the common people.

Kirito and Tatsuya are both never really faced with any legitimate challenges. Not only do they never lose, it's never even in question whether they can lose. And as said, that could be fine if their primary conflicts were ones where they strengths didn't apply, but that's not the case.

I greatly enjoyed it because I watched it ironically.
Thanks Sup Forums!

Steins Gate

>he limited the weight he carries in order to boost his 3D-movement ability
Is she using game terms, talking like a robot or is the translation just shit?

Deus Ex Machina aka asspull

This show is mary sue as fuck.

But I don't know why I love it.
Maybe because the story itself accepted it is what it is compared to the others or something.

Also fuck you for insulting Jesus Onii-sama.

GGO is one unbalanced MMO shooter.

Using JRPG stat growth systems in a minmax way was a mistake.

SAO's writing was a mistake

Seriously I hate how retrospectively a lotta things are wrong with SAO because the author can't into game design. That or only plays the retarded broken Korean MMOs that die in a month

>mahouka
>cringe

Please, there's much worse.

Onii-sama was a much more enjoyable Kirito.

Mahouka should be the golden standard of Mary Sue/Gary Stus.

No pretending to be "fair and balanced" then living on asspulls. Crush the opponent absolutely.

Isekai (the non-ironic) and magic schools need more Alucards/Ainz/Onii-Samas.

The bad ones do.

The ones worth a damn don't care about anything other than getting shit done and getting the inferior to worship them

>The Breaker
You probably didn't mean to but fuck that reminded me of the MC from that.

Guy was pretty boss even though he was stupidly OP.

>Boring

Absolute power is never boring. As long as you're the strongest to exist in all realms and don't pretend you're anything lower fun can be had.

Being an honest soulless god is more relatable than an empty husk deity pretending and failing to be human

Kirito's largest fault is that he's an unapologetic self-insert while Tatsuya is power fantasy to the max.

Both ideas go hand in hand but both represent one better than the other.

Obvious awnser is obvious

>Absolute power is never boring. As long as you're the strongest to exist in all realms and don't pretend you're anything lower fun can be had.

When I first started watching it I was kinda "damn he's so OP what the fuck are they trying to show here then?". But once I realized that he doesn't pretend he's weak and just does what he does best, I had a blast watching it.

Unlike Kirito who's fucking OP and monologues like he's the weakest shit ever or something. Fuck that. Go for broke.

Literally nothing wrong with OP characters, at this point watching generic underdog character #1578 struggling for 20 minutes against every random faggot that shows up with progressively higher disparity in strength and lower odds of success that inevitably necessitates some form of asspull to squeak by in a futile attempt to evoke some contrived form of tension is too much of a chore to endure. Generic OP character #78 is far superior as long as their personality isn't annoying like Jesus Yamato or Kirito.

Both are bad. Kirito and Tatsuya ruin the decent world they are in. I'd imagine SAO and Mahouka to be better if the MCs aren't either.

School Days

People like unapolagetic shounen character.
Desperate obvious and completely failed attempts at being deep to appeal to the sensibilities of navel gazing fuckwads who're high off their own self importance and farts has destroyed that profitable niche that has kept the entire fucking thing afloat in the rest of the world and at home.

I unironically like SAO(well liked, till the awfully silly second season and fairy land thing). I like Irregular at yadda yadda highschool.

That shit makes my dick ROCK HARD.

The world needs more Onii-Samas to fix shitty power fantasies.

Almighty deities are the best

Tatsuya is good.

Unapologetic power should crush everything. That's why power fantasies should drop the pretenses and make the the ultimate Alucard Onii-sama.

Kirito sucks because he pretends he's weak and has moral dilemmas over nothing.

Onii-sama is better because he doesn't pretend he's shit and it's funny to see the moronic faces of those he fights against.

Miyuki is totally shit though. Mayumi is waifu tier.

>Mary Sue
>Bad thing
Let's get something clear here, characters are usually meant to pander to 1 of 2 types of people : losers and winners. Losers naturally enjoy watching underdog characters that are bad at everything but somehow still save the day in the end (in other words extremely unrealistic characters). Winners enjoy watching characters that are genetically superior to everyone else because that's the kind of lifestyle they themselves have. So when people complain about so called Mary Sues, all I can assume is that they're losers who are jealous of the 1% of genetically superior people who are living far better lives than them. In other words, sour grapes.

>Miyuki is totally shit though. Mayumi is waifu tier.

Preach, my brother with excellent taste. She got second in the popularity poll. I like Erika more than Miyuki but Mayumi is best. Aunt Maya is also good.

Tough pick between this and Eromanga-sensei.

>cringier
I think Sup Forums might be more your speed.

>Gets called cringy so often he has to lash out by making fun of everyone who uses the word
Insecure much?

>Aunt Maya is also good.
Nothing can top Maya. She's the whole package of other girls.

This is why we should kill SAO's author and rape his dead body.

Maybe find some SAO apologists, beat them, rape them up the ass, kill their families for birthing human failures.

People need to learn to worship winners.

Maybe their lives would be better if they learn to accept they'll never amount to anything and embrace superiority.

If you think Mahouka is the cringiest thing ever you don't watch anime much.

didn't Sup Forums use to love this show

>Name a cringier show.
Easily fucking SAO.

The moment Yui was introduced, this was the moment that everything turned into shit because the author was retarded as fuck in regards to telling his story.

They do, but the newfags are dumb.

They can't worship power so they can't enjoy a masterpiece.

Mahouka was fucking hilarious

>Sup Forums is one person
>when people say SASUGA ONII-SAMA GREATEST SHOW EVER 10/10 I think they're being literal

I wanna rape and murder Reki Kawahara!

I wanna peel his skin off with a rusty knife as I'm cumming in his ass!

Sup Forums still loves it
Sup Forums hates it

but hey, at least kirito's in a coma he will never wake up from now

From time to time I really enjoy the OP characters/Gary Stus/Mary Sues

Not everyone has to be an underdog

It's like 90% ironic, 9% is waifuposting and 1% is unironically liking Onii-sama

>hating a show where the MC is a Gary Stew with little sister who wants his dick
neo-Sup Forums, everyone

>Yui "dies"
>Kirito has FULL ADMIN ACCESS to actually fucking ESCAPE
>LUL NO SAVE YUI INSTEAD

Retarded as FUCK.

I'd disagree. Tatsuya's existence is justified by the world. All of his abilities are grounded in the universe itself, they all make logical sense. It's just that his abilities have been taken to the extreme, but they're plausible in a world where magic exists and information (i.e. the world) can be read like a book, by someone like Tatsuya, who is a magical savant. Who was actually created by magic, basically.

Damn.

The devil incarnate is finally gone.

All we need to do is dismember the author and his fanbase like Nazis did to those kike bastards

in the latest LN, kirito was injected with a poison and had his consciousness transferred to a sim and he doesn't have any memories of his previous life.

how marvelously stupid, I love it

It doesn't matter if everything that happens is hypothetically possible within the constraints of the world; the same can be said of Kirito in SAO. That doesn't stop them from being sues, which makes them inherently boring and unrelatable.

>inherently
Maybe if you're a loser.

>the same can be said of Kirito in SAO
Ayyy lmao

Kawahara is pulling every little plot fuck just in SAO just to make it seem that Kirito is weak as fuck.

>well developed idea of a magic system that doesn't ignore real world physics

>magic
>doesn't ignore real world physics

Mahoukafags really are this retarded.

I swear I read that years ago. I figured he would have woken up by now. Alicization was long as fuck.

>The world needs more Onii-Samas to fix shitty power fantasies.

>The world needs more shitty power fantasies to fix shitty power fantasies

I should get drunk and watch this. I'm pretty sure I can't make it through without drinking.

It's 90% unironically liking Onii-sama, 9% is waifuposting and 1% is ironic

That was the last ln I read, iirc they had some bullshit reason for him not being able to wake up from the coma.

He's so straight-faced about his overpoweredness that makes him infinitely more likable than the average Kirito wannabe

>there's people who unironically defend mahouka

Pretty much all magic breaks the laws of physics in one way or another, that's kind of a prerequisite for being MAGIC.

All Mahouka does is describe its magic in a very specific autistic way which the majority of the time is completely subverted with a "but Tatsuya's magic works differently". I fucking swear the same people who actually like this garbage are the same kind of people who think Brian Sanderson's autistic magic systems are well written.

Alternate take: Passingly developed magic system which makes an attempt at seeming to operate through physics instead of simple "the spell did it". Example being the thing with flight, where the default method is stacking multiple velocity vectors and how that's taxing. In standard magic, you just cast a fly spell. Never mind that the MC goes and kills this interesting limitation.

Newfag revisionists get out!

>not defending Mahouka when filth lower than it exists

inb4 muh sekret klub

I bet you think there's good shows this season, faggot.