It takes less than a day to read a book. Why the hell are you sitting at the computer all day?

It takes less than a day to read a book. Why the hell are you sitting at the computer all day?

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20080918081526/http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/toc/modeng/public/BonCrow.html
imgur.com/r/gonewild/sdWeq
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Beats hell out of me. I got a huge library of books to read and just had the eye surgery so I can read them. Bad habit, I guess.

Reading 2 books now actually. I love books

books make me too excited, I get a creative surge, try to write it all down, give up, then not wanna read the book anymore. it sucks too because i honestly need to really badly. my language skills are decreasing

Just finished 1984.. what do you recommend next? Interesting, but redpilling would be preferential.

Why do I need to read books to gain satisfaction, knowledge and self improvement in the longrun while I can browse facebook and youtube for short term dopamine releases

Books don't talk back.

animal farm and the lego book

Well if you haven't read Brave New World, read it now since you just read 1984. Similar themes.

Because you might accidentally misclick on a racist post and get arrested.

No shit.
I just got through the first chapter.
Small world, user.

It doesn't take a day to read a book, but any sensible person can read around a book a week if they're average 300 page books. Longer and/or more complex books obviously take longer.

Any self-respecting human should *at least* read 20 decent books a year.

Gustave Le Bon: Crowd Psychology

Because with a book, I can't open a new private tab and cum in my pajama pants while watching a video about eating the ass of an oiled bubble butt white girl.

Nothing redpills harder than "war is a racket". Military industrial complex is pure evil.

I've read all the books I think are worth reading. Non fiction fan been found on the internet faster. Fiction is all bluepilled.

I had read 1984 before, but after swallowing the redpill I wanted to re-read it and see if I perceived it differently.

>he doesnt read erotic literature

I get sleepy when reading books

mein kampf if you are a pollack (stalag edition) perfect book for getting started

Are you going to have a chat with Teddy Roosevelt or princess Grace at their house or are they coming over to see you?

Life is too short to waste time in activities you don't enjoy doing. I don't need to read an entire book to obtain the information relevant to me.

I read it a long time ago in like 2002 in 12th grade English class. Half of the class read 1984, the other half read Brave New World, which is why I suggested it. I'm not really a big book reader anymore though. The last book I read was pic related in like 2015.

t. Sargon

what kind of fucking book do you read in one day? children's books? i can't read 300 pages in 1 day, especially when i have real work i have to do.

I'm reading pdf files on the computer or phone because it is cheaper and I can not get every book I am interested in.

Checked
Also, getting these books. What am I in for?

First time I've seen this recommended here. One of the best books I've read in regards to propaganda and psychology. I'm not doing it justice, here's a link.
web.archive.org/web/20080918081526/http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/toc/modeng/public/BonCrow.html

Say what ? It definitely takes much more than a day to read a book. It takes me at least a week to read a book even if I read every day. You would have to do some fast-reading technique from dawn to sunset in order to read a book in one day, and could you say you would have memorized the book after that ?

I always hear shilling for the Ford edition.... why do you think stalag is better?

in the middle of game of thrones, first in the series of song of ice and fire. I've seen the first 6 seasons of the show and it makes a lot more sense to me when reading it.

The only one out of those I read was The Art of War and it isn't really a book in the Western sense.

>mfw reading The Theory and Practice of Oligarchical Collectivism chapter

By far one of the most staggering depictions of true hell in literature.

Wait what do you mean

Don't know what to read.. Is there a IMDB for books?

it takes way more than a day, especially denser books. wtf op, you lying sack of shit

I'm reading Crime and Punishment right now. I still need to read 1984 and Brave New World, but I want to read more Dostoevsky's after I finish C&P.

conservashits don't read because you can't be filled with hate while reading a book.

Because it’s better to pirate my books then buy them. If the book is good and isn’t (((compromised))), I buy the physical copy whenever possible and if the book is shit and cucked, I just don’t buy it. It’s how I read the (((Commie Manifesto))), (((The Capital))), and Stirner without giving the shitlibs money that they didn’t deserve since I knew the books weren’t good. It’s also how I first read Mein Kampf, Protocols of the Elders of Zion and a whole fuck-ton of William Pierce and got redpilled then bought them.

Animal Farm
Brave New World
East of Eden
Les Miserables

The format is not a book, it's like a collection of short info and arranged like pic related, an excerpt from the PDF.

Any good erotic stories and pics?
r/gonewild used to have good albums with storyline comments. Now it's just 1 pic attention whores.

currently reading Jewish Supremacism by David Duke, pretty depressing to realise how much control jews have over everything

>It takes less than a day to read a book
What shit book takes less than a day to read? Reading Twilight is cancer and Sup Forums is always better than cancer.

There is a website I used to read a long ass time ago called Literotica. There are many different types of stories on there, something for everyone. Takes a little imagination, but you can find a good read to get your rocks off if you want. No pics though, just words.

Anyone have the Sup Forums reading list?

It's not a habit I guess. I have so many books I'm interested in, but I never read more than the first few pages. I used to read before bed, but now I just get sleepy after a couple pages. I really should change that this year.

>mfw grandma collected hundreds of these books and i would sneak into her book room to read certain parts of them

I just get books from the library if I can find them there, can be hard with some things though. I couldn't find Gulliver's Travels at my local library for example but it was at a few around me. I would rather read a physical book rather than an ebook which is why I like this method, although I'm not opposed to ebooks if it's something harder to find, something hardly known.

I've just finished The Road to Somewhere: The New Tribes Shaping British Politics and The Strange Death of Europe: Immigration, Identity and Islam in the last few days.

Get off my back faggot.

Everyone on Sup Forums reads such garbage. The only person who posted a semi decent book in this thread was the Germany guy. Why the fuck do you all read fairy tale books?

>It takes less than a day to read a book.
Your 84 pages children's books maybe.

Please kill yourself

>IMDB
You too

Goodreads is a site my GF uses
You can even link it up with a Kindle if you have one

I’m really picky with fiction, especially Fantasy. If the universe isn’t set up properly or it feels corny off the bat, I can’t read it. As for nonfiction, I want to start reading more history books and other informational pieces, but don’t have the money to buy or access to them. I might just download them if I can.

What method do you guys use to improve your focus? My reading speed is fine but it takes me forever to get through a book due to my poor focusing abilities.

>buying public domain books

C'mon user

You can easily read a 3-500 page book in a day, and that’s the average length of a novel.

try to become a rapper

Just read more. If a book isn’t enjoyable enough to keep you focused and entertained, then pick a new book. Find what you enjoy, and the rest is automatic

>The Art of War
>The Prince
both gives pretty good insight on ruling and in my case managing

Because I can't talk to like minded people through a book you pseudo intellectual retard

You’d have more to contribute if you knew what you were talking about, you stupid subhuman

>shilling for your book on Sup Forums
buenas noches mein fuhrer

>Hurr reading books makes you intelligent

There are faster ways to learn these days grandpa.

Get your favourite sweetie, for example M&Ms.
Put them into a sealed glass jar.
Read 10 pages of book.
Eat ONE sweetie.

Such as?

By your logic I can't read and browse the internet in the same day, it's important to organize isn't it?

is right. Focus is mostly a matter of training your brain.

who the hell are you virtue signaling to?

Sounds like you don’t do much reading. If you’re multitasking the two, you’re suffering at both.

no it doesn't, unless it's some short story

The best source of information would probably be archives instead of books as authors tend to be quite biased.

Shit like this is what I've been getting off on lately.
>imgur.com/r/gonewild/sdWeq

But it’s still reading. Reading is the best method to take in information.

having a 'phone'/quantum-CPU that can access every piece of data humanity ever created @ the whim of ur finger tips 4 1

That’s still reading.

user, if you read a book in a day you are doing it the retarded way.

You are suposed to take small sips of it, and letting the taste of the lecture slowly mature in you before continue with any single line, otherwise you are losing perspective and words become just sounds in your mind.

Now THIS is pseudo intellectualism
>I’ve been reading this short story for about 3 weeks now. You could say I’m letting the message steep in my brain

Naughty...
Try a book without any pics or try that Literotica website. Plenty of decent stories on there.

but not a book

6/10 bait

faggot there's no way i could live that long

But still reading. Whether it’s a book or a webpage, it’s all reading. Saying that a book is less fuctiobal than any ther reading is stupid.

Les Miserables is a great book. Written and about the era when French culture was western culture, so it's a snapshot of all our cultural history.

Even if that is true, that is preferable to.

>Yeah, I read Spinoza in a week and now I'm about to delve into Descartes and every single XVII century author, it should take me a month.

Yes, there is people that say that they read something "3 days" but I am pretty sure that barely qualifies as reading.

In fact, I would say that you should find more pseudointellectualism this way than the other; many people just read for the virtue signaling and adding titles and small phrases to their heads so they can appear smart with other people.

I've read the prince, the republic and the art of war.

Like the other annon said art of war is something you will pick up, read a very little of, then put down. You won't read it like a normal book and will often think why am I even reading this. But you will keep picking it up for a line or two.

The prince is a short book and is easy to read. You will also question the relevance of reading it but will often remember little bits of it in the future. Considering how short and easy it's is to read (like their are no challenging ideas in it) I would definitely recommend it.

The republic is longer and more challenging, but not like "I have no is idea what this guy is talking about". It's not as easy as other similar books though. Because it's early origins it has central ideas other books follow.

I would recommend Bertrand Russell history of western philosophy. Some people have criticism of it but it has lots of small chapters on these kinda things

death to big data and technological hegemony, youre all fucking dead

Will do, thanks!

Reading is for faggots. Hit the gym like a real man you pussy poser.

Can anyone here recommend to me a decent book about the European age of exploration?

cool, I'm reading the brothers karamasov bei dostoyevsky, can recommend it, very interesting insights about religion. Many say its his best book.

>books

Ya or you know. Google it.

Fantastic book, good choice Deutschbro. Its a book thats also worth re-visiting every few years, because as you grow and mature and experience new aspects of life, you notice different things and view it differently.

go to the pol archive and search for the self improvement general (SIG), they have links to several collections with books

(((Google)))

I've read all the books I bought. Buy me some then.

this user is right.... reading is not about saying you read something to get smart boy points but to think about what you are reading

Well, that's not always the case is it? I don't think it's wise to be a docile genius