Do neo-pagans actually believe their bullshit or are they just LARPing as some kind of protest against Christianity?

Do neo-pagans actually believe their bullshit or are they just LARPing as some kind of protest against Christianity?

If they do, and it really is about practicing the "religion of our forefathers," why don't they sacrifice humans, like their forefathers did?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RZnb4XTqZik
youtube.com/watch?v=aOUNSvf9CAI
splcenter.org/fighting-hate/intelligence-report/2009/supreme-court-requires-prisons-give-special-consideration-racist-pagans
clarkprosecutor.org/html/death/US/lenz1036.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Jews aren't human desu. Sacrifice them all we want.

The Norse didn't sacrifice Jews. And neo-pagans don't either. In fact, all I ever see neo-pagans doing is dancing around in the woods in robes and pretending they're Vikings or druids or something

I once talked to an American pagan, and he admitted to me that his "beliefs" was more a cultural thing. He didn't literally believe in pagan gods.

And I don't think any pagan does. Ethnic religions make no logical sense whatsoever. There is no evangalization and no doctrinal or scriptural continuity that's been codified. Only the Abrahamic religions make sense, and when you get down to the nitty gritty only Christianity can logically and rationally be true.

See pic related.

Then why do they act like they believe it? It's fucking stupid. The Scandinavian culture of today is not the Scandinavian culture of 1000 years ago, which in turn isn't its culture from 1000 years before that. People who claim they want to do things the way "their forefathers" did it is fucking stupid because if you're going to use that as a reasoning you need to go all the way back to when humanity was first crawling out of its caves. It's just fucking dumb, and neo-pagans are also fucking dumb.

Their reasoning is that they don't want to practice a "foreign" culture, but by that excuse they need to all go back to speaking their regional dialects of Old Norse and using horses and longships since pretty much everything modern is a foreign invention.

It’s basically white neckbeards WEWUZing.

Well I hope you realize that paganism isn't about sacrificing humans. We kill animals not people. The people that were "sacrificed to the gods" were criminals getting the death penalty and given up as an offering. Since the state now handles the death penalty, pagans do not partake in this old practice.

Didn't realize that people captured during coastal raids were "criminals."

That's what I mean. Jews are criminals, they want the genocide of Whites. Sacrifice them to the Gods!

>LARPing as some kind of protest against Christianity
It's like Atheism Lite

Not all Paganism is Germanic. Some of us just want to chill out with the trees because we love our lands and soil. What's wrong with that?

As a pagan and someone in various pagan communities I actually agree here. While we believe the gods exist and stuff, there is a hell of a lot of LARPing and being a protest to Christianity.

Almost every thread about paganism I see I ask the following question and almost never get an answer.
If Christianity is so great, please show me the Christian equivalent of this
youtube.com/watch?v=RZnb4XTqZik

>Do neo-pagans actually believe their bullshit
No, it's only useful as an attack vector against christianity

>If they do, and it really is about practicing the "religion of our forefathers," why don't they sacrifice humans, like their forefathers did?
All religions sacrificed humans in X-thousand BC, including the jews, but this was not common place, it's mostly slander by people who cant to create a positive image of christianity

t. atheist who hates all 3 abrahamic religions

t. deus vult protestant LARPer

>why don't they sacrifice humans
Why don't Christians sacrifice animals?

youtube.com/watch?v=aOUNSvf9CAI

I have no reason to not believe it, they have never been wrong about anything.

Christians are pagans so your argument is retarded. /thread

Funny how you can just make some shit up and everybody else is a pagan....

>literally "No U: The Shitpost"

I didn't make anything up. Humans were ritualistically sacrificed in the Old Norse religion, usually by hanging.

So you're swapping a God you don't believe in for a different God more or less. Yeah that's gonna show em!

"The Levites, the Priest caste, gets its' initial holiness by the mass murder of selected Israelites (Exodus 32:26 to 29), but never gets a long term reprieve from divine capriciousness. Their ceremonial robes have bells attached to remind Yahweh not to kill his own priests! (Exodus 28:31 to 35 and then 36 to 43)

One could hope that not being a prophet or chosen; or being a criminal might bring safety. Oh, not at all. In the story of the conquest of Jericho, Joshua 6:17 makes the explicit point that the entire population is to be killed as a sacrifice to Yahweh. In Isaiah 34:5 to 7 a similar notion comes up with Yahweh promising the genocide of the people of Edom as a personal sacrifice to himself."

"Jepthah, in his prayer to Yahweh for a military victory in the bloody wars of the Israelites, promises a human sacrifice to Yahweh. He gets his victory and sacrifices his only daughter. Oddly enough, his daughter is upset not over being killed, but over dying a virgin. (Judges 11:30 to 40)

The command in Leviticus 18:21 against sacrificing children to Moloch comes out as not a ban on child sacrifice, but a ban on the worship of foreign deities. This suspicion is confirmed by Exodus 13:11 to 16, where Yahweh asserts his ownership of all first born males, both human and animal. What saves the humans from sacrifice is the substitution of additional animal sacrifices.

Actually, human sacrifice was seen as something so Holy and powerful, that even the sacrices to other gods was recognized as legitimate when practiced by gentiles. In 2 Kings chapter 3 is a desciption of a war against Moab. When the Isrealites surrounded the capitol of Moab, the Moab king fearing defeat sacrificed his son to his god on the city walls [2 Kings 3:26-27]. On seeing this the Isrealites fled in terror because the Moabite god Chemosh having received a sacrifice would surely defeat them."

No. I'm saying there's a lot that people do in the pagan community that is just to piss off Christians. It's not about showing Christians anything. Pagans actually believe in the gods they follow. However we also make fun of how seriously Christians take the bible being as pagans don't take much of the myths too seriously. It was written and translated by Christians after all.

"However, even if these passages in Jeremiah are not conclusive as to whether human sacrifices were performed in YHWH’s name or at YHWH’s behest, other biblical passages confirm this fact. For instance, Ezekiel 20:25-26 directly indicates that YHWH actually commanded such sacrifices: “I [YHWH] also gave them statutes that were not good, and ordinances by which they could not live. I caused them to sin by their (own) gifts, by causing (them) to pass through (the fire) all who open the womb [i.e., the firstborn], in order that I might horrify them, in order that they might know that I am YHWH.” Moreover, the imagery of the mlk sacrifice in Isaiah 30:27-33 (esp. verse 33) clearly indicates that such offerings were performed for/to YHWH. Micah 6:6-7 is also of note, as it condemns child sacrifice, not because it is immoral, but because, in absence of covenant fidelity and justice, it is an excessive and unnecessary form of worship, just as are sacrifices to YHWH of, for instance, thousands of rams.[10] I therefore agree with Mark Smith that “These passages indicate that in the seventh century child sacrifice was a Judean practice performed in the name of Yahweh…In [Isaiah 30:27-33] there is no offense taken at the tophet, the precinct of child sacrifice. It would appear that Jerusalemite cult included child sacrifice under Yahwistic patronage; it is this that Leviticus 20:2-5 deplores.”[11] This is of significance for another reason: because the topheth was seen as operating under YHWHistic patronage, Day’s argument that, because there was a separate place from YHWH’s Jerusalem temple for human mlk sacrifices to take place (namely the topheth) and this therefore indicates that YHWH must have been a separate deity from the alleged god Molech, is unconvincing."
Don't hold dangerous superstitions against ancient people, they lived in a much lower resolution understanding of the world than we do today

Yup, and what's hilarious is that the "typical" Nordic god of Odin is actually the LAST god that reached the Nordic countries. The oldest gods in Scandinavia were Ullr, Njord, later replaced by Frey and Freya. Thor is an old god but his cult worship took off pretty late, and Odin was only introduced after kings and royalty became a thing in like 700-800 AD.

You're quoting a bunch of shit from the Old Testament, those were Jews with those beliefs, not Christians. The whole purpose of Christ was that he forged a new covenant that did away with the rules of the old one.
>No really we believe in all 72 of our gods!
>Yeah but not really, I mean every tenet of our religion was recorded by Christians anyways so who knows what we believe
Just admit you're LARPing.

I'm a Germanic pagan so not 72. I'm saying that a lot about what we know about the gods aren't entirely accurate. We know there's flaws. Christians believe that their draft #30 version of the bible is the correct one and all the earlier versions of the bible were wrong. Everyone else was mislead but this one is real. That's what I'm getting at.

>You're quoting a bunch of shit from the Old Testament, those were Jews with those beliefs, not Christians.
Christianity is the continuation of judaism, Jesus christ is the messiah of that religion, he is the same god as the yahweh of the old testament.

Do Christians actually believe their bullshit? If you aren't a creationist and don't follow all the weird rules described in the bible, then you are just LARPing too.

Most people on Sup Forums that claim Christianity just seem to think it is an absolute necessity in the fight against the left and degeneracy. They don't actually believe in their hearts of hearts.

>jumping through this many mental hoops to justify Judaism: Special Edition + New Testament DLC

>Not justifying your attack on subject with rational argument

Religion ties a people together. Religion makes sense to your life when it includes things near you and includes the story of your ancestors. Imagine some native american kid growing up in his tribe a long time ago. His religion would have included physical locations near him (mountains, rivers, etc...) that would be considered holy and special that he would see all the time. His religion would include stories created by his ancestors over many generations to explain things relevant to his life. The religion takes on a much more personal aspect.

Christianity is a foreign religion that doesn't really relate to us. The locations and characters are foreigners to us. It is the religion of a different people who subverted Europe with their beliefs. Christianity is literally a variation of Judaism, keeping similar beliefs and holy sites.

There is nothing to write. The image you posted is laughable gibberish.

>666
You just proved me right.

Christians can you explain why your holiest site is Jerusalem? Literally some middle eastern city of jews? How is that healthy?

yes they are larpers, larpers whose ancestors got fucked by the big dick catholics

>Only the Abrahamic religions make sense, and when you get down to the nitty gritty only Christianity can logically and rationally be true.

In fact my trips proved me right. Using your logic I can just claim things as fact and that should be good enough for everyone.

>is religion a LARP on Sup Forums
duh retard

Exactly. Its a foreign religion that conquered Europe. It has nothing to do with Europeans. Protecting Christianity like it is a special religion is silly. It is a religion like any other religion. It tied a people together just like Judaism ties Jews together. But it has nothing to do with us. The mental hoops people jump through to defend Christianity is astounding, especially stormniglet logic. It blows my mind when they are skeptical of Jewish action but literally worship a Jew at the same time.

It isn't, we don't believe any piece of land is holy. Christian Zionists are blasphemers who can't read.

>The people that were "sacrificed to the gods" were criminals getting the death penalty
Not all the time. In King Gautrek's saga Odin wants the king himself sacrificed to him. In Ibn Fadlan's story of meeting Rus vikings he says a slave girl was sacrificed with her master, but I don't know if that "counts" since she went willingly.

You can't really say one way or the other since only Tacitus said that the people pushed into bogs were criminals. Caesar said the celts sacrificed slaves if there weren't any criminals around at the time as well.

That was abolished when Jesus was crucified.

>doesn't know human sacrifice was a lie penned first by the romans then by the church to demoralize their enemies
pleb

Ever read greek philosophy and thought "woah this is great I'm gonna apply this to my own life"

Congratulations, you're a pagan.

(You)

Greek philosophers were criticizing the pagan gods long before Christianity.

It isn't a lie, retard. There's archaeological and literary evidence of Germanic pagans sacrificing humans.
Slicing the throats of sheep and worshiping a tree and thinking there's a magic hammer-wielding man in the sky who fights giants isn't philosophy.

Very few if any of them actually believe in their mythology, I'd say most of them are atheists/agnostics who recognise the importance of spirituality and don't want to be lumped in with the fedora atheist crowd, yet who still see the flaws in Christianity.

Nigga, Plato is the precursor of Christianity, and most of the modern philosophical circles treat his work as one of the most revolutionnary and one of the most complete philosophical theory ever built... and we're STILL missing parts of it.

That guy was probably a homosexual or a criminal, hence ended up in the swamp.

>Only the Abrahamic religions make sense
In what way does any Abrahamic religion make more sense than paganism? Christianity and Islam may not be ethnic religions but they are both derived one, Judaism.

>Slicing the throats of sheep and worshiping a tree and thinking there's a magic hammer-wielding man in the sky who fights giants isn't philosophy.

>he thinks worshipping a magical Jew on a stick is somehow different

If you're going to quote shit at least put a link to where you got it from faggot.

You interpretation of select passages is odd and not at all consistent with the rest of either the Old or New Testaments.

Case in point, the Hebrew conquest of Canaan was not about sacrifice to Yahweh. It was about the destruction of the Nephilim bloodlines. I.e. the Hittites, Amorites, and the Anakim. Nowhere does the Old Testament say that the death of those people were a human sacrifice to YHWH.

They didnt "criticize gods". They challenged religious beliefs and practices that were common at the time. All religions evolve and take on different forms, and greek religion at the time was becoming more dogmatic and enforced by state authority. This was the chief concern of Socrates and others.

>why don't they sacrifice humans, like their forefathers did?
Because they're cucks

I'm also a pretty sincere pagan. I'd say the vast majority of self proclaimed pagans are insincere in their faith, but those who literally believe in the gods are pretty based.

Think of it as a philosophical problem that was answered by a serie of thesis , antithesis and synthesis, over and over again.
Just because they got it wrong before doesn't mean we have to discard anything that'll come out from that evolution.

>Slicing the throats of sheep and worshiping a tree and thinking there's a magic hammer-wielding man in the sky who fights giants isn't philosophy.

Dont be misrepresentative. Only in its earliest, most primitive form did people believe in literal gods, eight legged horses and gorgons. Way back in pre-history.

You're exactly right. Catholicism and eastern orthodoxy is almost entirely pagan, it only has a few elements of judaism. Protestantism was stripped of all its pagan elements and became something truly abominable.

>but those who literally believe in the gods are pretty retarded and/or insane
ftfy
So you admit that neo-pagans are just atheists who are LARPing?

I'm pretty sure no one actually believes in the Pagan Gods anymore.
Sure there's people who call themselves Pagans but I'm pretty sure none of them actually believe there's a magical man in the sky who kills giants with a hammer

"Judaism" was invented as a shoot-off from the Old Testament religion, kinda like Mormonism or something. The New Testament is really clear about that. And the religion of the Old Testament was never an ethnic religion -- "through thee shall ALL NATIONS of the earth be blessed".

>why don't they sacrifice humans

But they do.

splcenter.org/fighting-hate/intelligence-report/2009/supreme-court-requires-prisons-give-special-consideration-racist-pagans
>Michael Lenz
>he and five Asatruer inmates met around a makeshift altar for a "blot"
>Brent Parker was not taking the ceremony seriously and had to die to protect the honor of the gods.

jews still perform human sacrifice

Christians expressly state that Christ is the last sacrifice they will ever need

idk why people insist on this literalism, do you believe the red sea was literally split? Was there literally a burning bush? Did Lot's wife literally turn into a salt pillar?

Why do you insist on literalism for other mythologies but not for the one you subscribe to? Selective uncharitability

I'm not a pagan but all jew religions are cancer. Good job for believing in the jew god.

Judaism is the worship of the War god Yahweh in the Canannite pantheon, jews realized the other gods were useless and only Yahweh was relevant so they deemed him the only real god the others fakes. Since Yahweh is a war god he looks for any reason to cause war thus emphasizes the idea of killing nonbelievers as he loves war and destruction. This is who the christfags really worship.

It isn't. Jesus said that His kingdom is not of this world and that the kingdom of heaven is within us - not in Jerusalem. Old Testament theology was based in part on geography.

Did pagan gods exist? They sure did. Deuteronomy 32:8 (ESV) El Elyon, the most high God (Elohim) YHWH assigned your "pagan" gods to you. That is until Christ came and opened up His kingdom to all, so that there is no difference now between the Jew and the Greek. The Jew in fact has been cut off from God until the end of days. The modern Jew's claim to birthright is bogus. They have none and have been divorced from God. We, those who accept Christ, have been grafted in.

The fallen Sons of God (your pagan gods)are told they will die like men (Psalms 82:7). Worship them if you like, but you and they are doomed in the end.

Shoo, be gone atheist cuck

>SPLC
You're better than this Sven

I guess the same reason alot Christians don't follow their holy book down to the T. their current market demographic wouldn't buy into what they're selling, which is bad for business.

>So you admit that neo-pagans are just atheists who are LARPing?

No, I believe in a prime mover, a supreme being. That which is beyond the natural world, beyond materialism and pure mathematics.

I'm also aware that the human experience within an individuals lifetime as well as across generations is a metaphysical process that generates mythology and tradition, thus giving form to heroism, which is a reflection of our divine spark.

>idk why people insist on this literalism,
Because I want to know If there are people who genuinely believe in the old Pagan Gods

>do you believe the red sea was literally split? Was there literally a burning bush? Did Lot's wife literally turn into a salt pillar?
I don't believe there is a God so no

>Do neo-pagans actually believe their bullshit or are they just LARPing as some kind of protest against Christianity?
Here it is a bit of both really.

After they inserted lesbian bishops and started with all their homo shit, legalizing homo sexuals marrying and people marry their goats up next.
Shitloads, and I do mean shitloads, resigned from the state church in protest.

Then they started to join Bifrost instead(Åsatru). It has gotten a bit out of hand for those guys and all their seats spread around the country, so if you want to come in contact with them it takes about 3 months now.

It's a bit more complicated that this too, it's very latent in the population really. The christians here are really something in between the two to begin with. And we got the not so nice history with christianity here to put it mildly. It's not the first time in history it has happened. This also occured during the middle ages in greenland and so where they killed the bishop there and turned back again

>YHWH assigned your "pagan" gods to you. That is until Christ came and opened up His kingdom to all
what kind of fuckass made up doctrine is this? Why would he give them fake gods if the entire thesis of the old testament god is "thou shalt not worship other gods" and "i am a jealous god" ?

Because you can believe in God without believing in the literal interpretations of the actions of men in the Bible. That is different than not believing in your god because it isn't a "literal" god. You either believe your deity exists or you don't. There is no in-between.

Pagan is just a catch-all term invented by Christianity. Identifying as a pagan basically means you're letting Christians name you rather than invoking the true name of your beliefs.

Just burn some churches no one will care, its a culture thing, if they call you out, they are racist.

Its not our fault these pagan fucktards wont identify themselves by their religion name.

I'm pretty sure that the original Pagans did not literally believe in these things either.
It's the semitic religions that demand belief and obedience, not the European ones.

You fixed nothing. Do you believe in your gods?

If you dont believe it then why make it up in the first place? Were the pagans just batshit insane?

Any church that accepts homosexuality or female priests has been infiltrated by jews. I'm a Christian and I'd gladly burn churches like that.

>Christians name you rather than invoking the true name of your beliefs.

They don't have beliefs they're just athiest liars.

This isn't correct user, he lived before this. But he replaced Tyr after he came here, that is the historical Odin.

It is however true that nobles were the ones focusing on his worship, while the peasants would typically focus on thor. I have lost my refrence files but this is written a couple of places in the sagas. And in the far future, Odin will be replaced with his son Baldur, that's after Ragnarok, the ice age

You a Christian? Seems quite rare to see a Scandinavian flag here that espouses such.

>I'm pretty sure that the original Pagans did not literally believe in these things either
Now you're just being retarded on purpose

clarkprosecutor.org/html/death/US/lenz1036.htm
>Along with 3 other inmates, they held a meeting of the Ironwood Kindred, a group practicing the Asatru religion, a faith based on worship of Nordic Gods. The guard assigned to watch the group was stationed outside the meeting room. About half way through the meeting three of the inmates ran out of the room saying, “They’re stabbing him.”
>Lenz testified that he killed Parker for religious reasons.

>thinking there's a magic hammer-wielding man in the sky

Ok so thinking there's a bearded man in the sky who commanded us not to wear two of the same types of cloth in one outfit is totally logical but somehow add a weapon to him and its not. Brilliant christian logic

God is no bearded dude in the sky hes a giant glowing light in the sky that isnt the sun.

You're kind of an idiot aren't you? Obviously have never read the Old Testament. The command not to worship other gods was to Israel, not the other nations. It was consistently Israel that got in trouble for worshiping other Gods.

When the Syrian Naaman went to Elisha to be cured of his leprosy, and was, he asked for dirt so that when he knelt in the temple of the Syrian god Nimmon while supporting his king. He did this because he wanted to stand/kneel on YHWH's territory.

The Hebrew word for "god" is elohim. The hebrew word for idol - as in something made by humans to represent a god - is pesel. The commandment is not, "have no other pesel before me" but have no other elohim before me.

If the other gods weren't real, why would God be jealous? I am not jealous of things that don't exist........

Creating stories is insane now? I thought it was creative expression.

you can be assured that his daughters fuck pious christian negroes

one race the christian race

He's a tesseract covered in eyes, you fucking idiot

and here's the part where this enlightened individual informs us lesser folk that Christians aren't currently sacrificing humans.

No thats just one of his angels.

Wow, that's so much more believable than humanoid gods. I'm totally convinced now. I guess christianity really was true all along. Wonderful, now I better go outside and give all my clothes to random hobos, then sell all my valuables to give to charity, and spend my entire life kissing refugee feet for my sins. Maybe then my autistic jewish overlord will grant me the mercy of not sending me to die in fire for eternity.

The Bible says probably a dozen plus times that other gods do not exist and they are figments of other people's imaginations.

You have a really half baked understanding of the Bible.

Hey man, laugh it up.

Galatians 6:7
>Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

>The Bible says probably a dozen plus times that other gods do not exist and they are figments of other people's imaginations.

1 cor 10:20:
"But I say that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils and not to God; and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils."
>You have a really half baked understanding of the Bible.
you haven't even read it through 1 time