Berserk post eclipse appreciation thread

you told me after eclipse all turn to shit in this manga.

why did you lie to me?
the war between griffith and ganishka is probably the best post-eclipse arc.

>that build up
>ganishka story and transformation
>alliance between griffith's monsters and men
>skull knight
>fucking terrifying monster ganishka
>griffith flying with zodd
>that fucking Femto at the end
>the most meaningful event in he story except for the eclipse
>GODLIKE artwork by Miura, every page is a masterpiece

i doubt we will see again an arc as beautiful as this in our lifetime, considering the snail speed of Miura and the artstyle he uses now.

i gave up on berserk, not worth it anymore its shit

I have literally never seen anyone hold that opinion.

this, the art is so shit it's making my eyes bleed

i love the sea god arc more than this garbage.

Actually the manga turned to garbage after the persia arc.

actually is just getting interesting again.
it was 2002 when guts began his trip for elf island.
now, after 15 years, we are at elf island.
casca is getting healed, on an island where time flows differetn than the rest of the world.
i think it's very interesting.

>character development
>guts goes from moody loner
>to leader of a squad
>to ptsd gritty anti hero
>to jerk with a heart of gold
>to melancholic hero
Some people complain that he's not a ptsd gritty anti hero anymore, but some would complain if he stayed the same
just write fanfictions

>persia arc
?????

i wonder what he's going to do after casca is healed.

of course he will eventually die. he's a marked, monsters will always hunt him.
plus, the only thing he can do is fight.

LET ME SUCK YOUR DICK

YOUR DIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK

It's still as interesting as ever, but the shitty digital artstyle and hiatuses kill it. Also, the best arcs are post-eclipse.

>ywn read a new, well drawn Berserk chapter every month

Turning Griffith into a bird monster really ruin this manga.

>believing in Sup Forums
since when has Sup Forums not dissed anything? you should know Sup Forums shits on everything

What's the point of Magnifico?
What's the point of Rodrick?
What's the point of Isma?

So many useless characters are tagging along with Guts for no fucking reason at all.

I just want to go back to the TBS era where it was just edgy Guts and Puck again.

It could've been interesting if done many years ago, but taking 15 years makes something a lot less exciting and makes me not give a fuck.

>after 15 years of shit we get to dick island
>casca is gonna get """healed""" on an island where an infinite haitus can occur

I think its very shit

>TBS era
>Literally the worst arc
Shit taste

This, i miss the original dark fantasy berserk ;_;

>time flows differetn than the rest of the world.
Man I'd love if Elfhelm ended up being much more of an issue than we expect and by the time they leave Griffith will be middle-aged or something and Falconia is like an entire country.

Yeah I just finished reading this part yesterday morning, damn that was the craziest shit ever. I don't bother listening to other people if they say it's good or not, I'm just reading it and in my opinion it's one of my favorite parts.

>15 years of boat
It's enough to make me say that I wish Miura would take two or three years off and get his fucking shit together. This is absolutely riduculous. All I want now is regular updates to this series.

Like it'll feel any different.

They were fighting apostles 24/7 pre-Fantasia too.

He's 50, his peak years are behind him.
It's just a shame Miura never hit god mode like Araki did with JoJo part 7 and where both production and quality were great.

If he took a 3 year break he wouldn't work on berserk during it and then when the break ended he would be back to his same old shit.

What is the point of Corcus
what is the point of that little kid Rickert or something?
Casca is so annoying?
you really do like to judge things early on don't you user, why not just fucking wait and not be in a fucking hurry

The problem with recent chapters is the characters drawing style. Miura is much better at drawing berserk then in the guardian's of Desire and golden age. I mean look at the details of falconia and elfhelm.

He just needs to get his shit together when it comes to drawing the characters.

berserk deserves a proper ending.
we are now at the peak of the story and i can't wait to see what happens.

and let's be honest, the only bad part in the whole serie is the boat/sea god arc.
the rest is good

Fuck her brains out, probably.

>What's the point of Isma?
If you can't see the point of Isma, you are literally a homosexual.

>Sea God
>arc
They literally made a pit stop somewhere, fought a whale and got a mermaid companion

Is fighting trolls considered an arc too?

>TBS era
>Literally the worst arc
>Shit taste
Fuck you, the Black Swordsman arc was pretty fucking good considering it's so early on in the story. Guts vs. Count was a great fight, not to mention the early encounter with the Godhand. Seagod was the worst arc in my opinion because it went literally no where.

But what if revived Casca hates Guts?

>what's the point of Roderick

So he can get a boat?

Until the end of part 7, where it's fucking ass pulls everywhere.

Berserk is like two different manga now. One half is still good old awesome berserk and the other side of the coin is guts shitty jrpg party which was okay until the stupid asspull witch showed up.

I just marathoned the whole series myself, and I gotta say I'm liking where the series has gone. After the conviction arc I was kinda done with the whole super-dark grimfest shit, so seeing the story shift more towards a lighter tone is in line with what I wanted to read.

I guess it's basically the same deal with how I felt about Farmland Saga: I didn't mind either tone shift because I didn't have to slog through it all, month by month, year by year.

Yeah, I think most of the frustration is from long-time fans, like myself, who've been into Berserk half their lives and have now been following the very slow, stunted releases of by the chapter for too long. Thus, a lot of people are just generally frustrated with Muira's fucking insufferable hiatuses because, honestly, we fucking love this series, and just want the fucker to give us more instead of torturing us. Its that general frustration with Miura combined with how reading something chapter.....by.....slowly....released.....chapter.....for so many years gives you far too much time, some cases, months and months, to focus on just a single chapter or yeeeeeeears of a smaller sub-arc, so everything becomes frustrating, from dips in art quality, to a slower chapter where not too much happens to advance the story, to a shift in tone for a particular arc. Re-reading it all at once, I like the direction the story has gone, and feel like the pacing has been good, the story has developed at a good pace, Gatsu has developed very well as a character and the world has fleshed out very satisfyingly over the course of the story, and that the story has been leading to where it is now for a very long time, honestly since the beginning. The story has had shifts in tone over time many times and I think its natural and works. But reading it one chapter at a time over over so many years of delays makes you angry, bitter and cynical, and it also makes every time the story slows down for a chapter absolutely painful and enraging because, even though it works for the story overall, and it would be a soulless series without smaller, slower moments if it just jumped from plot point to plot point, when you are dying for the next chapter for weeks or months, and then not too much happen or whatever, you're pissed. And it also give you too much time to focus in on every little thing about every page and nitpick it and get pissed off.

You kids are always arguing stagnant work speed of old mangaka is caused by his "laziness" or "selfish attitude" but you should know making manga is not a normal work like one that you ordinary people are doing daily

Making manga is really required a lot of energy and ideas of a person, which is tending to decrease as a mangaka grew older

If a mangaka have not made manga anymore, it is because he cant make it anymore even if he want to do, not because he is just a lazy or doesnt care about his work, especially in case his expectation and pride required for his works is really high

Well, maybe publisher can force him to do work by threatening him with some punishment taking his spot in the magazine, but it will not work for a mangaka having stagnant work and getting into a slump. That's why editors do not thing like this. Even if they will do so, the result will be awful thing that nobody want. Well, its actually really easy to end the series if a mangaka hope.

Miura is already 50 years old now. I highly doubt he will get back his old state and do a work hard as he was young in the future. Plus, you dont have any right to dis him because you all are just a bunch of pirates on the internet after all.

>that shit taste
Masaka na!

I think Conviction is way better than Golden Age. I don't see why so many people hate everything after the Eclipse.

Do you really believe it's going to get a proper ending?

it DESERVE a proper ending. but anyway yes, i believe it will have a proper ending.

someday.

somewhere.

>See you space mangaka

this
its always funny to see self-claimed long time fan blames him despite the fact that "the fan" has been reading it via illegal scans

Get back to work Miura

Yeah I'll agree with that sentiment. Most arcs seem to have an overall point or goal. Seagod was like "oh wow look at this island - oh fuck kill everything. Now let's continue our journey"

Entirely skippable.

didn't miura say it was nearly 70% of the way through?

why would she if anything she start to go after griffith's head for what he did to the old band

>you are dying for the next chapter for weeks or months, and then not too much happen or whatever, you're pissed. And it also give you too much time to focus in on every little thing about every page and nitpick it and get pissed off.
this is why you pick up a bunch of manga titles so that you can spread out your love; for me it also helps to simply forget about a title until it pops back up again, which is what i'm going to do with berserk

>casca picks up the edgy guts grimdark mantle and runs off

>Casca get BTFO by a low-level demon because she's not Guts-tier and uses the Behelit to get a powerlevel upgrade from the God Hand

>sacrifices guts so she can ascend
>now guts has two brand
>two brand!!

Guts can't be sacrificed, but everyone else in the JRPG party can be

Friendly reminder that even if Guts stays the rest of his life at Elfheim, he's going to hell after he dies because of the brand.
If Miura wants a happy ending for Berserk, and he says he does, then someone is going to destroy the godhand, or the Idea of Evil.

>Corcus
Sacrifice mater - oh.

This desu.
Skully fucking up was interesting. Rickert adventures at Falconia were pretty great.
The boat chapters were boring but their main problem was the amount of hiatus that made everyone tired.

Jojo and asspulls go hand in hand
Literally every part (sans phantom blood) has an asspull ending
>Joseph's survival
>Jotaro's time stop
>Kira's defeat
>GER
>Weather report

no

What manga do you think will be completed first out of the following:
>Berserk
>Hunterxhunter
>Akagi

Yeah, don't you remember when Guts travel between universes 'cause best loli and visit Persia? It's shit cause the multiverse shit was introduced ;_;

>Vagabond
>Nana

Fucking never.

Roderick is much more useful than any of those other two. He is going to marry Farnese and he is the crews main mode of transportation. PLus he's a good character.

The only other way for Guts and the rest to get back is for SK to show up and use his sword.

how long will the boat ride home take?

Griffith was introduced as a bird monster

>Rodrick
Took them to Elfhelm, still engaged to Farnese.

>Magnifico
Needed to escape the city, wanted to take over Elfhelm.

>Isma
Helped guide them to Elfhelm, still wants to bone Isidoro.

I'm sure they'll all get their own magical equipment, if they're going to stick around after the business on the island's wrapped up.

The only thing after the Eclipse that I don't really like is the Conviction arc. Might be because the new anime was my first impression of the arc. Black Swordsman felt more badass, and the Golden Age arc was more emotionally stimulating, and nothing in particular stands out to me for this one.

Millennium Falcon arc, though, is tied with Golden Age for my favorite arc. Too much cool shit happens.

bump

Is Claymore just a better, complete Berserk?

Vagabond hahaha, probably it is coming back this year

yes

>Miura's art looked like this

what the fuck happened...

>post eclipse appreciation
I love my stereptypical JRPG party

>steroptypical

but gut's party member's are ALL broken in their own ways,even the little witch

>What's the point of Isma?

lewd mermaid tail

It's shit and he will never finish the story in his lifetime so his assistants will be given 10 chapters to conclude the story for good.

It will get interesting once they try to return to the main continent i think since probably a lot of time would have transpired for Griffith and Co.

Still i don't think Griffith would just leave them alone... even if Guts has somewhat let go of his rage now and even though Caska may forgive everything that Griffith's done to them and would just be happy staying at the land of the elves, Griffith most likely will attack that place either because it needs to be destroyed for some eclipse related reason or to kill Caska since she is still a danger to him...

Or, you know, for the same reasons he attacked Flora?

Yep. Griffith will be targeting magical places as part of eliminating would be threats.
King Hanufaku whatever it's fucking name is supposed to be extremely powerful.
I wonder why the Godhand haven't targeted Skull Knight. He seems like the most immediate threat to them.

In that time...

In that place...

which will finish first

H x H or Berserk

Watched all the animes but only read the first 2 mangas after, it shocked me how fucking mentally ill he is in the manga, does that go away after while and he just becomes another anti-hero?

He's perfectly on par with Zodd, who's just an apostle. Void and Femto have both easily dealt with him attempting to kill them in as close to an ambush as he's likely to get.

>50
>peak years are behind him

Not sure about that, plenty of 60+ dudes write fantastic stuff better than your recent graduate

SK is toying with Zodd 'cause he knows he'll be a huge part in the final war

>you told me after eclipse all turn to shit in this manga.
Only edgefags think this because "muh rape", "muh RPG party" "muh magic"
They are idiots.

>finish

jajajaja

he almost had him at the eclipse m8

Is it not already an entire country?

Also would Griffith even age?

I think that Griffith's empire will actually endure a millenium.
Griffith won't age though and will be considered a god emperor of mankind.

but what about his seer & mule?

not to mention there's a 50% chance of him having a daughter from the princess by the time guts & friends get back to the mainland

Can demons have kids?

There's no way Griffith isn't getting his shit pushed in by Guts, Casca, and their party. He won't be in power for a millennium.

There's also no way that "deep time" is going to have passed before they come back from Elfhelm. We JUST saw the beginning of Rickert's new subplot with his own new party. Miura's not just going to drop that without substantially developing them. And there's no way that Guts' party will be in Elfhelm for the entirety of that.

Yeah a time skip just doesn't make sense right now. I feel like the whole time passes differently will be something else.

Guts is also definitely gonna get another power up before he fights Griffith. No way he can fight him in his condition.

I think all he has to do is heal up, and maybe get a sweet new weapon.

As it stands right now, he can use the Berserk armor without completely sacrificing his humanity (for however much longer), thanks to Shierke.

On top of that, Griffith's corporeal body is that of Guts and Casca's child. That alone gives them a huge degree of invulnerability against him.

If Guts was able to wield SK's Sword of Actuation, or hell, a Dragon Slayer sized version of it (or just the Dragon Slayer augmented by it), he'd probably be able to deal massive fucking damage to Griffith.

Shit, Fantasia being what it is, a global Interstice where the entire world is in both the corporeal and Astral realms, they might now have a solid chance to kill the God Hand (good job, Griffith, way to set up your new friends for sacrifice as well).

Still no way they're touching the Idea of Evil, though; if it's even still canon.

Well, Berserk is a lot of edgy teenagers first "real" manga and they probably read it in a week

It all depends if Griffith is the finally 'boss" so to speak. Either he will fuck the god hand over or the god hand will fuck him over. I'm thinking the former.

I think they have to do something about the Idea of Evil. If they don't, Guts and Casca are doomed (from their brand) to go into that vortex of souls after they die, and I'm pretty sure Miura said he didn't want a bad ending.

Actually, I totally agree with you. I wasn't saying I was one of those "GAH WTF I HATE BERSERK NOW" kind of fans, I was more explaining that I know where the anger kinda comes from, but that I think its misguided if you take a step back and look at the manga as a whole, which I honestly feel is absolutely excellent. I like to just catch up a take a break with Berserk, and then, when I get back into it, i find I like to just start again a volume 1, since its been a long time, and re-read everything up to where I'm at. Being that I hoenstly love the manga, I like to reread all of it from time to time anyways, and so a lot of the time that's what I'll do. Wait a while, do some other stuff, and then when i get back to it, I'll just reread the whole damn thing. I actually enjoy it because there's a lot of little stuff to notice, think about, and theorize over upon rereadings, and it makes you appreciate the story as a whole instead of getting bogged down in the frustration of reading 1 new chapter and then waiting again.

I vaguely recall void being the main "bad" guy of the entire series though