Be honest, are you now or have you ever been a streamfag? If you were, what made you stop?

Be honest, are you now or have you ever been a streamfag? If you were, what made you stop?

Torrent

I've only ever streamed. Seemed less sketch than torrenting, and I have a good enough connection that it isn't a problem.

I used to torrent until I saw people getting caught by their ISP.

I fucking hate neo-Sup Forums

I only stopped because I hated low quality and watermarks getting in the way of my screenshots and gifs.

Still a streamfag, fuck the noise

I was streaming but i stopped pretty fast because the streaming site i used had like a 10s intro telling you that if you see the video anywhere else they stole it while the streaming site was using "stolen" subs and because I watch anime on my shitty tablet that can't handle a Wi-Fi connection and a browser open

I streamed when I was too young to understand why it is bad.

I was torrent-only for years, but never made accounts or got into any secret clubs, so I might have to go full casual pretty soon. Never thought I'd say it, but thank god for HS.

If you JUST torrent your shit, you are worse than anyone who pays for a stream.

>Loving a thing
>not paying for it
>crying when the quality of the thing diminishes over time (e.g. bad animations when animators work for slave wages)
>feeling superior to anyone just because of it

Buy the BD after you torrent that shit guys. Please.

I used to stream between 2007-2009. I was retarded and after a failed attempt to download a torrent through my browser I used to think that torrenting is difficult, you'll have to find a video player and put codecks in it, you'll have to time and to put subs on the video yourself and it takes too much time. Some shit that was only on nyaa made me google how to torrent properly and I've never come back.

Nips don't give a shit about western market

lmao

When justin.tv was big I was. People would come up w/ 24hr schedules of popular and classic anime they thought was best, and just let it roll for months. Nice, reliable no brainer way to get an elementary anime "education" passively as background noise as I watched my life fall apart. Good times.

Nah, my parents were redpilled as fuck so I was raised to be a prepper.

Stockpiling music I liked for when the grid goes down was as natural as stockpiling .223 plinkers and .308 penetrators, that mentality carried over when I got into animu and other media I didn't feel like losing forever when shit goes down.

Got something like ~12TB of thoughtfully curated entertainment and other important shit on multiple redundant RAID arrays stashed separately in ghetto-rigged EMP-proof Faraday cages made out of Glock hard cases.

All you streamfags and tech illiterate plebs will be paying me primo grade ammo for copies of series and OSTs you wished you had backed up after shit hits the fan.

Always streamed. I never loved an anime so much that I'd want to keep it saved. With new ones every season, there's no need to. I still enjoy it, though.

this

Crunchyroll fag here.

>iplying I stopped
I only download anime I watch more times, regulary I watch on streams and when I'm done I may not look back

>Buy the BD after you torrent that shit guys.
>Keijo flopped
>Flip flappers flopped

Yeah, good luck with Sup Forums doing anything remotely worth a shit on their life.

>have you ever been a streamfag
yes
>what made you stop?
Sup Forums kept making fun of my screenshots

Even before I started watching anime (in about 2012), I would never stream media on the internet. As long as I can remember the superior way of consuming internet media has been to download, so you don't have to worry about buffering. Especially for me since I'm kind of old so I remember when you'd be excited to see that an Eminem album had downloaded overnight without any errors or disconnections, and even more excited when I listened to it and realized it was exactly what I was hoping instead of something different.

So yeah, that old habit meant that I always downloaded music, movies, and eventually anime. I never understood people who liked streaming it in browsers, it seems so much more convenient for me to just have my media stored locally. Especially since its' always there for me in times when my internet goes down for some reason.

this is simply not true.

A handful of times, when I was too retarded to find a torrent.

As long as you crop out any kissanime watermarks or whatever, no one will ever notice. I do it all the time

I did that too but I hated having to always cut off the top of the image.

Maybe you're younger than I am? I'm talking about 90s internet. I won't deny that some people started watching streaming media on the internet but for me it was Napster > AudioGalaxy > Bearshare/Limewire/Kazaa > Soulseek maybe? and so on, then finally Torrents became a thing as well as just using MegaUpload or IRC or site:google.com "album name" for music. But torrents and IRC for movies.

I had relatives who would use streaming sites but they were always full of pop-up and malicious ads so it seemed like such a retarded way to pirate internet content.

>site:google.com

meant blogspot.com but you get the idea

Was there a popular streaming hub before YouTube

Sup Forums did its fucking job for once

I was never a streamfag. I remember having to post daily (mandatory) in forums to be able to download anime. Glorious 240p files that I would further downvert for my PSP

What I currently do is this:
>torrent high quality anime
>upload it to my own private website
>delete off computer
>stream off own website
I am smart

Started out as torrentfag in ye olde days of Kazaa and never stopped.

I was but when I downloaded my first anime torrent(Nisemonogatari) I was impressed by the quality so I spotted streaming, now 3 years later I have +6tb of anime( BD, DVD, LD and some VHS).

Was a torrent whore, converted to streamfag after I nearly lost a lawsuit for torrenting back in the early days.

am I streamfag if I literally download my shit from streaming sites for later?
torrenting 20gb of anime would be a fucking terror for my home network so I usually just download twenty or so episodes from the uni internet since they only watch for torrents

anyone else vigorously downloading everything they can before it all go crashing down?

I watched the first season of Haruhi on YouTube in 2007. I've torrented everything since then.

I like watching airing shows with Sup Forums on the livestreams but when I was in highschool I'd watch streams on crunchyroll. This was back in the early 2000s when the site was an illegal sub hub, not that it makes much of a difference.

Yeah, I have been downloding my manga backlog and bought a second SD card for my Sansa so I can download more OSTs. I have a JPS account but that site doesn't have everything Sup Forums or /jp/ related.

>I nearly lost a lawsuit for torrenting
How the fuck did you get yourself into this?

There won't be any power with which to watch your japanese cartoons, homeboy.

>nearly lost a lawsuit for torrenting
This happened.

Still a streamfag.

At least I don't have to worry about shit like this Nyaa fiasco happening. Everything I could ever want to watch is streaming somewhere. That's reason enough for me to put up with shit quality.

I was briefly a streamfag for like 2 months when my HD drived and for a while I was too butturt to start a new collection, so I streamed a season.
Once my butthurt calmed down and it just became grating to constantly watch low quality shit with no way to quickly check out something you watched in the past or to post caps for Sup Forums, it was a logical step to return to downloading.

>redpilled

>iplying

Do you know where streamfaggots get their episodes from to upload to their shit website?

Except I'm not a filthy pirate like yourself?

Once you get a job and become a REAL man like me you will be able to pay for shit you use, scum.

I used to torrent all the time, but the last few years I just want to watch stuff on my tv in bed after work and my second pc is hooked up to my living room tv so I stream now. If I was a neet I'd still torrent more then likely.

Streams have a lot of 'noise', the blur is horrible.

I watched elfen lied in youtube subbed to my native language in a cibercafe without earphones

No. Been downloading fan subs since i learned about them. Before that i bought/rented dual language DVDs and before that i did vhs trading.

Streaming was always shit because the people doing it didn't have them money or resources to do it right AND i fucking hate ads while watching video.

>Caring about literally nameless, faceless, background characters.
Sup Forums is dead

All the arguments against streaming do not apply to things made more than ten years ago.
Streaming can be a great way to find older anime that does not have seeds on torrent sites, or simply does not exist on them.

I torrent every show except CG ones. Those I just stream.

I only stopped because I didn't like getting made fun of by Sup Forums.

Time for you to leave

>not pleasing faceless mans for free

>says an avatarfagging tripfag

Used xdcc until I discovered torrents.

>xd
Fuck off

>uck
uck=cuck
Get out

>Get out
Piss off with your anti-white propaganda.

I was a streamfag till a random guy in school found out my powerlevel because i had "de geso" as a comment in my skype profile.
Taught me the wonders of torrents, RSS feed, private tracker and finally lead my to this shithole called Sup Forums
He is a true senpai.

I suddenly don't feel bad about streaming at all
sometimes it pays to be a /m/an

>paying to stream

what the hell. the worst of both worlds.

Also nobody cares about your obviously Jewish logic, I'm keeping my money until I HAVE to spend it, content creators be damned

Yes and I stopped because a little effort to not have to eat shit isn't so bad.

No

Used to buy pirated dvds for animu. Then we got internet and I started torrenting. Streaming had shit quality back then.

I pay for and use crunchyroll premium as the only way I watch anime. I use the crunchyroll app on the ps4. It's very easy and comfy.

comfy above all

The second I started watching anime on the regular way back in 2007, I noticed the quality was absolute garbage compared to what I saw on TV. I just googled "how to get good quality anime videos" or something like that and never touched another stream again. You'd have to be mentally incompetent to want a lower quality product when an alternative exists that is just as easy to get.

Around 2007 I fried my PC so I had to use the family laptop, that struggled to run Warcraft 3 so no DotA and had a 40gb HDD.
Streaming was the only option presented to 14-year old me. In fact, that's when I got into anime in the first place, since I couldn't play any vidya on that.

Eventually I fixed my PC and started downloading.
Going from sub-480p videos that didn't load half the time and various limits and bullshit to proper 720p/1080p on a large monitor literally made me drop school for a year.

this

only turbonerd faggots download anime

stream and torrent. I have hulu and crunchyroll and I'll use kissanime but I torrent things I like then sometimes buy the physical copy if its something I want to own. Streaming is convenient and honestly most seasonal filler trash doesn't need to be wasting space. I torrent things mainly for quality but if I like something enough to even consider rewatching it then I'll get a torrent so its ready whenever. If I really enjoy the show and watch it yearly I tend to buy it although shelf space can be a problem.

Always been a streamfag because torrenting episodes is autistic.

I feel like buying 10 10 tb hdd's or like 30 seedboxes and just downloading every fucking show on AB just so I'm never forced to stream.

Can the Redditors just leave or kill themselves. So fucking embarrassing.

I used to pay premium sites for direct downloads. Then I torrented.

Now I'm to lazy and I just stream or IRC if I want better quality.

Started out watching streams on youtube, moved to torrents/DDL completely when Death Note was airing. I'm back to streaming now because its just as convenient for me, I don't really notice the quality difference, and I might as well use the official sites.

I don't know, the appeal of downloading shows in the best quality possible and hoarding everything I like lost its appeal when I realized I wasn't watching half the stuff I downloaded.

I am a streamfag, but I do download the shows I like. My main issue when downloading is not knowing which version to download(720p or 1080p). I read that 1080p is just upscaled 720p, but then I see anons post screenshots of 1080p version of shows. So is upscaled 1080p better than 720p?

Not much of difference between 720 and 1080. What you want to pay attention to is your video player settings.

Sure, when I was 12, then I just grew some standards

Used to direct download before found out torrent

Don't watch much but I stream whatever I watch. Don't wanna waste my drive space for something that i might never watch again.

>tfw couldn't even stream if i wanted to because anime streams weren't a thing in 2003

I still stream really shitty background anime when I want to do something else as well. Stuff like Bleach, as long as I'm not paying enough attention to care about the quality.

this the fuckin and true problem, japs hate money but they like complain about muh poor sales

hmmm......

Was a streamfag
Converted to Torrent because of shit third-world internet

>keeping my money until I HAVE to spend it
that's more jewish

>Watch through a series using a stream
>if it is good, then download and rewatch when I feel like it
>if it is bad, then don't download
How do you people live with waiting ages for a series to download, only to find out it is utter shit?

>download episode of something
>it's shit
>drop it and delete

>How do you people live with waiting ages for a series to download
By not having third world level internet service?

I dont have space on my laptop for torrents. That and my isp provider are jews who wont let me torrent. I also watch hq streams so it looks decent enough for me to enjoy.

I stream on my Vita because it looks nice and it makes marathoning a lot more comfortable when I can do it in my bed at night. Sometimes I even have dreams about the show since I sometimes fall asleep mid-marathon or immediately after finishing one. I'm not too good at lucid dreaming, though, so it doesn't happen too often, unfortunately. It's still nice.

I torrent only current airing shows since I don't want to wait for some streaming site to upload a shit version.

I only use streams for quick reference on shows I don't care about. If I'm arguing with someone and want to be sure I'm right or check a quote, I'm not going to download an episode if I have no intention of keeping the show in my collection.

Basically, it's sometimes convenient, but that's pretty much it. Also, I may have used some of those really shitty stream sites with external video links years and years ago,
but I have no real defense for that

I'd be download-only if it wasn't for Chibi Maruko-Chan.