What Sup Forums thinks about Macross Delta?

What Sup Forums thinks about Macross Delta?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B3nfweteZck
youtube.com/watch?v=Dd6zQNZiewo
youtu.be/R1_QwGn7VXM
youtu.be/kgq5uSww_64
youtube.com/watch?v=Slqa30DSSKE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't think about it when I can avoid it.

Biggest disappointment of 2016

>muh kaze
that's all I remember about it.

The first half was fantastic
The second half was incomprehensible shit except for Freyja's birthday episode which was GOAT

She's still a great girl, but the show really shit the bed. Where the fuck was my VF dancing?

Movie when?

I remember dropping it because it got so boring

PIKA

Crap, showed promise but decided to focus exclusively on Freyja's character, which wasn't even interesting, instead of everything else.
Romance was kinda crap too, because no real drama or stuff to overcome that wasn't solved in a single episode.

RUNE PIKA BEEEEAAAAM

Haven't actually watched it yet. I'll do it once I finish frontier. Though I did watch the first episode and it looked promising.

youtube.com/watch?v=B3nfweteZck

Love the music and ship combat, but definitely fell flat with the romance stuff which the Japs still cant get right. Overall the story was alright and as a huge space opera spanning galaxys it was fun.

This is beautiful.

Do you remember
The 21st night of September?

Freiya is great but the story focused too much on her so other characters feel neglected.

I am still somewhat impressed how Makina is easily the worst singer in Walkure, sometimes so bad she ruins some songs but her solo song is the catchiest and the one I hear more often.

In contrast, Mikumo has the best voice and the worst solo song.

>Messer died for no reason
>Walkure taking up the spotlight in the second half could've been time used for something else
>Delta squad being absolute shit with chuck, arad, and mirage doing nothing and not really being memorable.
>Hayate's pacifism which is cliche at this point

Started good, then it sputtered and nosed dived.

Blame the composer. He's done a bunch of songs you probably like such as that one meme song. You know what I mean.

I am aware that the composer was TeddyLoid.
I like almost all Walkure songs by the way.

I liked a lot of what was in Delta, but I think some of the romance execution was a little over the top in this one. I think the biggest problem the show suffered was the other focus pilot was a love interest that had no development and we didn't have enough fighting. That ultimately lead to feeling lacking compared to Frontier, which is what everyone laid it against.

I'm disappointed the show didn't pick up as much, as Walkure has some great music and they have essentially gone down as a result of the show's lack of success compared to it's predecessors.

Just make a remake movie like Frontier and fix everything wrong, please. PLEASE.

Nozomi might be the worst singer, but she fits in with what she does. She's a whole lot of fun. I started following all of Walkure after seeing them and she doesn't have any manager managing her page. It's fun watching her shitpost before she goes to bed.

Please add the reuse of the Frontier endgame. I was a little miffed by that.

Joking about that actually, I went to a Macross-themed Party Night in Japan and a guy did an abridged version of Delta and joked saying that as soon as they all merged minds, Basara would make everyone listen to his song and it would all be over.

Wub Wub is one of the best songs. Kyawawa is where is at.

I absolutely love it...but I only watched up to episode 14 and haven't been able to bring myself to go any further from what I heard.

Them talking through their Fukakuteisei concert was some of the coolest shit ever.

First half is good. Second half needs to be fixed up with a movie; view it as noncanon.

>AKB0048 is literally the dress rehearsal for Delta
>Kawamori fucks it up because he doesn't know what the word "pacing" means
>Surely he'll learn from that mistake for Delta
>he fucking doesn't
I'm honestly confused. SDF and DYRL are my favorite cartoons ever. I love the man, but what the fuck

The good:
>muh AXIA
>birthday episode

The bad:
>muh wind
>dumb love triangle
>plot dropping the ball further in

Looks like you beat me to it.

With the exception of Zero and Plus, it seems like the overall story gets worse and the music gets better with each new Macross series.

I've already listened to AXIA and Bokura no Senjou more than most Frontier songs.

Also windniggers.

I wasn't paying attention, so who won in the end?

youtube.com/watch?v=Dd6zQNZiewo

Episode 13 was maximum hype

>Windfag finally gets rekt

Kaname is the best Walkure and Axia is the best song
I Love Kaname!

youtu.be/R1_QwGn7VXM

youtu.be/kgq5uSww_64

Unfortunately, I may have to agree

>dumb love triangle

Yea, Macross writers really really have to take the story to a totally new direction. Or else, it's the same old rehashed shit.

first half was great but second hard was a mistake

movie please

Wasn't half as good as Frontier

But the birthday scene was in the second half. At least excuse that.

Frontier was crap, even though its songs were good.

I was so hype after early preview of the first episode.

But it was only downhill from there. Not even Maki's Makis can save it.

Fuck you. Love triangles are great and I want more of them in Macross. One of the reasons Delta was so disappointing is because they tried to do something new with love triangle instead of usual maximal melodrama.

>entire galaxy as part of the world build
>still focus on relationshit drama

Just GIRI GIRI

All in all enjoyable. Got a bit boring in the second half, too much focus on Freyja. Character development lacked severely.

On the other side, songs were decent to good (Ikenai Borderline besto).

Freyja is the best Macross girl.

GIRI GIRI AI

Good ideas, but the execution was lackluster. Also, Kaname, Messer and Keith should have been the main trio, but without being a love triangle, instead of the one we got. More interesting characters with more interesting relationships between them.

This.

First episode was fucking fantastic. Then it all went downhill from there. Freya was way too good for that mediocre mess of a show. I miss her. ;_;

That still makes zero sense to me. Keith was basically playing with Messer three eps earlier but suddenly Hayate shoots him down? What the fuck. I hated the resonance thing, especially because Hayate sucked ass, was a total newbie, but suddenly Freyja sings and he gets better. I hope they either get rid of that shit in the next Macross (not happening) or make the MC a experienced but mediocre pilot who just needs some inspiration like Mirage.

>I'm honestly confused. SDF and DYRL are my favorite cartoons ever. I love the man, but what the fuck
Kawamori is an ideas man, but he needed people to slap him around when he goes too far. His ideas are ideas, not stories. You need skilled people to convert the ideas into comprehensible plot.

It is easy to tell what Delta tried to do, it's just that it failed to succeed. The ideas don't mesh, the characters don't integrated, and the plot split at some point and render Windermere and Delta Squad borderline unrelated to each other.

Delta version of the original Macross TV would have the SDF-1 and its crew not interacting with the Zentradi, and have the Zentradi stopping their war on their own without any real involvement of Earthlings.

>Keith was basically playing with Messer three eps earlier but suddenly Hayate shoots him down?
Hayate should've beaten him by rusing him into a situlation where they have to use battroid forms, they even established that he's god tier with that in the first episode but did nothing with it.

Or maybe Kawamori has always been a hack, and it has been directors like Ishiguro who were the real talent.

Very good taste, user!

>Or maybe Kawamori has always been a hack, and it has been directors like Ishiguro who were the real talent.
The guy has real talent, there is no reason to doubt that. It's just that he can't finalise the plot, someone else had to do it.

へいき

Mikumo didn't win the Frejyabowl, it was shit.

Noone had worse solo songs than reina.
Hers are the only solo songs I never listen too (and happy birthday).

Kaname is my Goddess.
Love almost all of the songs and S1 was great but S2 was just something.

I enjoyed and liked it but it could have been much more than it was.
It was nowhere as good as the original Macross or Frontier (or plus and zero). While it had similar feelt to it as Frontier it felt a bit like Macross for those who haven't watched Macross or something like that.
Still better than Macross 7 though...

Mirage was robbed.

It's shit just like Freyja. Kawamori needs to do less drugs.

>Mirage was robbed.
In the sense that it was nuts making her a mediocre pilot. It just seems like she is there to be made fun of. And the laughable attempt at romance with her is barely there, and I am glad she ended up single and can find a man who actually appreciates her somewhere else.

Great songs, great characters, plot went nowhere for 10+ episodes.
Just shorten it into movie.

H O I N A

Kaze ga...

Any macross other than the original, is shit.

Scrapped for more Windemere.

It was so shit that they needed to bring Macross Frontier back

Second half was a disappointment. In general too much dog fighting, they could make Ace Combat anime instead.

Is Minori's career dead already? I don't think she's made her solo debut yet, plus she's only had two roles since then. Even Mamegu had a better post-Macross career. What happened?

This scene is better than the final episode of Delta
youtube.com/watch?v=Slqa30DSSKE

It was very gorigori.

I only remember some bullshit about wind, apples and cockpit sex. Not necessarily in that order.

Not like the "world build" part is good though.

I try not to remember the crushing disappointment

Really fun first half with lots of potential. And then the show hits a slog when Messer dies, gets it's feet back for one good mid-series finale and then goes straight to hell. It fucking hurts seeing what happened to Delta.

Only good things about it was the music and Freyja winning. Though even that felt like it was poor because it was such an obvious conclusion

A part of me wants to be happy that Walkure is still really popular and selling out concerts but it hurts because of the show that came with it. When I listen to my favorite songs in SDF, 7 and Frontier, I remember the good times. This isn't the case for Delta

Especially Axia. That's one of my favorite songs and the first thing I remember is "Oh this is when the show goes downhill"

Fuck, Walkure's first album was the first one I ever actually downloaded

>AKB0048
>Fucks it up
I mean, I think the ending was a little rushed but I felt like it did the job

The only good things out of it were the music and Mikumo.

I feel you. Listening to Walkure songs is really hard for me because it reminds me of all the disappointment and negative feelings I associate with Delta and all the shitposting of the Delta threads. Fuck you Kawamaori and fuck you Sup Forums.

Nothing beats 7 for me.
It was so silly and over the top but I loved every second of it.
Do you remember when the whales started to sing?
I was mesmerized.

Bad. The higher-ups seem to think the same thing since they said that the next Macross will be more traditional than what we got with Delta.

I'm really hoping that they restrict Kawamori to mechanical designs since his dedication to his waifus has literally destroyed shows.

I want to marry Freyja

I only wish his dedication to waifus was actually what ruined Delta.

Shouldn't you be dead, Messer?

I hope they tone down Protoculture stuff. It's not mysterious anymore.

>second cour of nothing happens
>still managed to get one rushed final episode that concludes nothings
You have to admit it takes talent to fuck up this badly.

While i'm not asking they develop every characters perfectly, i hope next Macross won't end up wasting bunch of characters again.

I'll settle for a well developed triangle instead of a literally who, guy who screams Freyja over and over and the girl who always had to be in the center.

I hope that they remember that they have transforming robots this time instead of using fighter mode almost all the time.

I find Hayate's personality likeable, but as a MC he's lackluster.

Source? Also, not surprising at all. I think Delta changed so many things that viewers, especially veteran Macross fans, were a bit confused.

The problem was that the answers were extremely stupid and didn't have a whole lot to do with the previous shows.
>show promises more information about Protoculture
>presents mysteries like why windermerians were made like that, what does Mikumo have to do with the Protoculture, decent buildup
>answer: dude Instrumentality Project lmao

I think Delta had several secondary characters that had more defined and satisfying themes and storylines than the main three. Kaname, Messer and Mikumo and also Keith, Heinz, Roid and Bogue had all character arcs with common themes between them. For example, there are obvious parallels between Messer-Kaname and Keith-Heinz.

>>presents mysteries like why windermerians were made like that
I hope they answer this in the next Macross for good. I intend to rewatch Frontier again, because Sheryl's fold illness is suspiciously similar to what Windermerians suffer from, except she didn't get white marks.

Nobody wants a voice actress who won a Macross audition in their animu.

I want to talk more about the latter part. Both Messer and Keith distanced themselves from the person they loved the most because they both thought it was for the best. They were wrong, of course. Kaname didn't love Messer, but she was friendly enough to him to guess that she wanted to get closer to him if only because he's her pilot. Messer shot down any chance he had with her himself for considering himself too dangerous and unworthy because of Var Syndrome and his past. In the end Kaname becomes more and more disappointed with Arad and ends up 'choosing' Messer who's been dead for months in the finale.

And none of this shit would have happened if Keith had stayed closer to his brother instead of handing him on a silver plate to Roid, refusing to see that who was once like another sibling to him has gone mad with his delusions of protoculture and is about to mind enslave the whole galaxy, Windermerians included. But instead he pulls the same shit Messer did and realizes his mistake too late.

I think Hayate and Freyja were about to make the same mistake those two did when they started avoiding each other, especially on Freyja's part because her short lifespan had been shortened even more because of her overuse of fold waves, and which is only going to become even shorter now that she has chosen to keep singing with Walkure. But in the end they decided to enjoy whatever time they have left together.

Man, I shit on Delta a lot but I actually did like this theme about chances and being honest with the ones you love.

I'm pretty sure none of the Windies hand anything even remotely like a character arc

Freyja, Keith, Heinz and Roid had.