Now that the children and otaku are gone can we admit that despite the occasionally janky animation this deserves some...

Now that the children and otaku are gone can we admit that despite the occasionally janky animation this deserves some respect as one of the better anime of 2013?

no it was fucking shit, read the manga

>occasionally janky animation

>occasionally janky animation

Manga wasn't even great either. Dropped it by chapter 10

As the animators became more familiar with rotoscoping it got a lot better, nobody on the team had done it before. I think they deserve credit for the risk and what they managed to produce towards the middle and the end was very good. I feel robbed of season 2 desu.

It's pretty good, Hiroshi Nagahama deserves a lot of respect even if he only directs adaptations.

However, what the fuck is that Stan Lee thing?

>Now that the children and otaku are gone can we admit that despite the occasionally janky animation this deserves some respect as one of the better anime of 2013?
>Now that the children and otaku are gone
what do you mean >Now that the children and otaku are gone?

Well, I want to say it wasn't bad, but that's as I forget about the janky animation, so it's not really good no.
Also, read the manga.

I defend the show.

It was good.

It was good aside from the shit ending.

The ambience of the show was good. All those long scenes with them walking to school and melancholic music playing.
The painting scene was pretty good.
But seriously, the rotoscoping fucked everything.

Dude that fucking scene of them just WALKING for like 10 minutes was so fucking good.

Holy shit that scene was so incredible.

But the rotoscope.....

I'll still defend the show.

It was a great psychological thriller/teen drama with an amazing atmosphere. The collective tears of "moe waifu unf unf" crowd made it even better.

Nips are portrayed realistically for once, hideous crazy lil bastards.

MASTERPIECE

>what do you mean >Now that the children and otaku are gone?

Because the artistic choices like the slow pace, washed out colours, human looking actors were always going to be unpopular with people who enjoying being pandered too. The criticism of the early animation are valid but most anime fans were always going to hate it even if the animation was perfect.

Literally the only good things about it were the classroom scene and the ED. Everything else was fucking awful.

Besides the point, the manga wasn't even that good to begin with. Vastly overrated.

Author literally sat there and thought to himself "what's the worst decision a person in this situation make... Let's do that" I liked the art and the sense of realism as far as the characters go but man no ones that fucking stupid

The OP was good too.

Why do people have this issue with series like this?

People make bad decisions all the time.

"I'm perfect and never make bad decisions"

As far as animation goes, the rotoscoping fucking sucked, but the way bodies and faces were drawn was an upgrade from the usual praying mantis people.

It's ugly. Why waste my life on ugly things when I can look at beautiful things? 0/10, waste of time.

What's with the sudden influx of threads the past few months trying to force praise on this shitshow?

The ending was dookie.
Pretty much an advertisement.

Still really enjoyable on the whole.

didnt help he lashed out like a sperg online.

heh nothing personal kid.

I appreciated the animation as a novelty but it stopped being interesting solely for that around episode three. After that, it was just a boring, pretentious slog to get through.

Why was it pretentious? How was it a slog, there were very few very short episodes that always built up to an engaging conclusion.

sasasasa

Bad adaptation of a bad manga, but maybe worth a watch for the background art and "experimental" aspect to it.

Really enjoyed the end theme.

>.....
You have to go back

>Why was it pretentious?
You just asked this question about Aku no Hana. If there is anything that fits the term pretentious, it's this.

Fucking this

/thread

It's an amazing anime that will never not get shit on for it's rotoscoping OP
Just take solace in the fact you can appreciate it for all it is instead of trying ti convince Sup Forums of all people that it's good