WASHIZU MAHJONG IS OVER

TWENTY FUCKING YEARS LADS

T
W
E
N
T
Y

Fuck your "Guts has been on the boat for so long waaah" small time baby bullshit.

THIS SINGLE GAME OF MAHJONG HAS BEEN GOING ON SINCE 19 FUCKING 97

TWENTY

YEARS

AND NOW I'M FREE

Other urls found in this thread:

gamedesign.jp/flash/mahjong/mahjong_e.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

FREEDOM

> 20 years for one mahjong game

Am I missing something? How is that even possible?

It was about time. Holy fucking shit.

The chapters for this arc have been made throughout the past 20 years.
And it's finally over.
God bless America.

Did he do like one chapter per year?

One per month.

240 chapters of the same match.

>there are people that literally had babies, raised those babies, and those babies became adults that also had babies in the span of time that Akagi has been playing mahjong against Washizu

So you're telling me a "single mahjong game" lasted 240 chapters"? Was it filler hell or something?

Tenhou time ?

The opposite, It was the climax of the series.

Millions of people died in the meantime, never to find out how it ended

This seems sticky worthy but I think Akagi is so fucking old that no one on Sup Forums even reads this shit anymore.

So how did it end? He obviously won but wasn't Akagi basically fucked in the previous chapter or am I misremembering things?

>This seems sticky worthy
This.

Berserk Boat has nothing on this shit.

It's nearly as old as I am.

You guys are so slow. We got the chapter about 5 days ago. Also spoilers from chapter 297

I bet most of you are just jumping on the 'Akagi is ending soon' bandwagon and didn't regularly keep up with the series.

S2 when?

MY MAN WASHIZU IS STILL ALIVE. FUCK YOU AKAGI.

>and didn't regularly keep up with the series.
Well no, of course not. Very few people did. I regularly play mahjong, read mahjong related manga and the Akagi anime is one of my all time favourites but even I couldn't be bothered to commit to reading hundreds of chapters of a single game.

>implying those same millions knew about this story

I've never read this series. How the fuck does game of Mahjong last 20 years? How many chapters did this last? I'm assuming the author must have gone on some Togashi-tier hiatuses.

Actually, it was six games of mahjong. But still... it was Akagi vs Washizu this entire fucking time.

>I was 24 years old when it started, and now I'm 44!
>If you were old... well let's not go there

>I'm assuming the author must have gone on some Togashi-tier hiatuses.
Akagi hasn't been on hiatus since 2001 or something, so no.

This whole time. Have you people been improving on your mahjong?

Good lord.
And I thought Prison School's pacing was terrible.

FKMT is the master of pacing

I got to a point when I can easily avoid getting 4th place in tenhou without really knowing what the fuck I'm doing.

Yes.

I'm now at the level where I can give my cute lesbian schoolgirl girlfriend orgasms via mangan tsumos.

It ain't rocket science.

Just go full betaori.

Washizu and Akagi have been playing Mahjong longer than I've been alive, and it finally ends.
I really need to catch up, I stopped reading a year ago.
I might be alone on this, but I don't think it was paced terribly. Sure, 20 fucking years for one mahjong game is a lot, but its incredibly exhilarating, especially when they get to the last few turns.

I still don't know how scoring works, but I can build a hand at least.

Slow release schedule, focus on technical details, Fukumoto had other projects he worked on at the same time.

For the Japanese, they don't bat an eye at this kind of thing. It happens in many series. Ah My Goddess!, Guin Saga, Kochikame. Japan not only tolerates this, 君が望む永遠

But the Akagi anime in 2005 drummed up interest and really elevated Fukumoto's status. The attention for this was abnormal.

Well, yeah, I meant while not going full betaori and keeping my hand, but I can also avoid getting ron'd when I have no safe tiles and discern when someone is in tenpai without riichi.

>cute lesbian schoolgirl girlfriend orgasms via mangan tsumos.
I can barely refrain my dick thinking about those mangan tsumos

So, any chance of Saki winning the zencoke within the next five years?

As far as I can tell he would do things like make a metaphor about how this match is about Akagi battling out of hell, then actually spend dozens of chapters showing Akagi literally battling out of hell.

for 20 years

>the next five years
Oh, let's not get way too far ahead of ourselves here.

I actually feel kinda sad here. How Washizu's men scrambled over to his side and desperately tried to keep him alive out of genuine love and admiration for the man really parallels Akagi's last moments in Ten as well.

The two of them weren't really that different from each other in the end.

>next five years

Oh you poor fool.

>Slow release schedule
So is it monthly or something? How many pages are each chapter?

at least 40 million were americans

But more than 500 million were not Americans, so who cares?

Who won?

>20 years old

Wow so old. Faggot.

>winning the zencoke

I haven't been following Saki since the finals started so what's this? Another arc?

It was a draw

If you go FULL betaori you can easily get your shit kicked in by tsumoho spam from everyone else, especially if everyone is going full betaori.

Wait a minute, the Live Action series started off at Akagi's grave. I'm not implying that Washizu won, but still.

Is the live action any good? Im usually allergic to those but since i havent watched one in years i could give it a chance.

By sheer technicality, Akagi.

Though in the more metaphysical and idealogical sort of way, Akagi says that it was his loss.

Akagi is a fucking prequel to another manga. Which actually deals with Akagi's actual death.

By that fact alone, it's a foregone conclusion that Akagi lives through Washizu Mahjong

OK, but not any better than the animated stuff. However, the Live Action went further, all the way to the 6th game with two hands left.

I'm so pissed that Washizu lost
Washizu literally deserved to win

Six matches, final boss of the series.

I felt a bit like Akagi at the conclusion, saddened that this was likely the high point come and gone. That's why I love Fukumoto.

>yfw you realize that all that contrived shit Akagi did towards the end of Ten was just him trying to recreate the circumstances of Washizu's death for himself.

I've been trying to get into Akagi. I've read the first 20 or so chapters, I even watched a 3 hour long video on the rules of Riichi. And I still often have no idea what the fuck is going on.

gamedesign.jp/flash/mahjong/mahjong_e.html

>I bet most of you are just jumping on the 'Akagi is ending soon' bandwagon and didn't regularly keep up with the series.

Fuck you, you didn't read this for twenty years either.

How can a single game go for 20 years? Do you mean it took him 20 years to finish the fucking chapter? Or did he somehow stretch it out over 20 years?

I have only been alive while this game was in progress up to this point

No you're right, only 12 years. 12 years of patient waiting.

Can't really be understated how mythic a figure Washizu in Akagi, even Hyoudou is small time compared to Washizu.

The 1965 deathmatch with Washizu would be like playing a game of Risk with Napoleon.

You are right, I read all the avaiable chapters in 2012 or something and forgot about it pretty fast.

Haven't played mahjong in ages but East 3 and I already got a baiman

>boringball
If only you dumbass US fuckers didn't have such retarded culture.

"Five minutes" has nothing on this shit.

I can easily imagine a manga arc being dragged out for 20 years, but the question is - was it actually enjoyable?

he lost.

but washizu died while trying to ron.

Which manga was the one with Akagi's grave?

>was it actually enjoyable?
If you're a fan of Fukumoto, yes.

If not? Who knows.

i did. not every chapter, but probably 5-10 chapters at a time.

How familar should I be with Mahjong before watching Akagi?

Very if you want to actually understand it, 0 if you just want to ride on the atmosphere/emotions.

Honestly start with Kaiji, Part 3 of the manga has a crash course of the most basic rules of Mahjong which will get you started. Obviously don't start Kaiji from Part 3 though.

Kaiji anime is a perfect adaptation of Parts 1 and 2 of the manga so you can watch the anime and go into the 3rd part of the manga directly.

>was it actually enjoyable?
It was super awesome.

I knew nothing when I watched it. I still knew nothing when I read the mahjong arc in Kaiji. I knew nothing when I watched Saki. I don't think it has ever affected my enjoyment of those stories at all, and I still don't feel the slightest inclination to learn about it, just how I don't know even one hand of poker.

I think it could even work against them if I started analyzing the games instead of enjoying the mood and excitement they create.

I watched Akagi before knowing anything about mahjong because I liked Kaiji and I hoped they'd be similar. It didn't impair my enjoyment as they explain the basics to you in the show and even if you still don't get it, the reactions and tone is enough to make you understand the importance of what is being shown even if you don't get the nuances.

Akagi is one of my favourite anime because I understand more about mahjong each time I rewatch it and can better appreciate what is going on as a result.

I tried to marathon re-read Akagi but I can't do it. Once it's the Washizu arc, 80 chapters is my limit.

It's more of a bog than The Bog.

Watch it one time without knowledge. Watch it again with knowledge.

Fuck fuck fuck! The intensity, the expression, the story, it was so damn good!

Goddammit I can't believe I almost didn't read this because of the art, really made the right choice.

I don't know where to start learning
I guess I could try to learn the rules and practice with a friend on Tabletop Simulator or something

Now post more Akagi memes

It's literally this meme

This Watch it first for the atmosphere and reactions. Learn the basics mahjong rules if you care enough. Then watch again to see how those excitement came to be.

Kaiji Part 3 was almost as long, and I read it all in two days
It isn't that bad user

please post more mahjong memes

Fukumoto has been dedicated to keeping everyone on model that he's been drawing the exact same characters in almost the exact same way for the past 20 years, and somehow managed to keep it all exhilarating
Miura's a fucking hack, FKMT is a God amongst men

The art style really grows on you after some time. I love an artist whose work you can immediately recognize.

It's so weird to me how many people are averse to FKMTs artstyle, while when I first saw a pic of Kaiji, I watched it immediately just because of it's art.
Different strokes for different folks I guess but I personally think FKMT style is so perfect for what it needs to be (expressive as hell) and is really unique. And both Akagi/Kaiji animate it really well.

What if we play Mahjong on a boat with a "bad back"?

It's like Oda and One Piece, people will rag on about the art style, which I'll happily admit I thought was garbage at first. Same for Akagi and Kaiji. I thought it looked really fucking weird, yet unique as hell.

I watched the Akagi anime first, some random dude streamed one episode many a year ago and I had no fucking clue what was going on, but I loved every second of it.

>my brothers won't watch any FKMT because of the artstyle

Goddamn.

Convince them to watch at least 1 episode or maybe 2 of Kaiji. I had friends who didnt like the artstyle but they got hooked afterwards.

SEASON 2 FUCKING WHEN?!

Yea its incredible to draw for 20 years and still be this bad.

is that refering to the akagi manga? did it at one point just focus on one mahjong match or is that like a complete series only focused on one game?

Author dragged one game for 20 years thats something.

at what chapter does it start? and isnt it that match that was at the end of the anime?

Any new chapter? Got any link?

The game starts at chapter 70 and ends at 296