Why are there zero anime that feature or even mention the Emperor and/or the royal family?

Why are there zero anime that feature or even mention the Emperor and/or the royal family?

Don't the Nips literally believe that they're descended from the goddess of the sun or some shit? You'd think that the literal God Emperor of man would be a topic of discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controversies_surrounding_Yasukuni_Shrine
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanity_Declaration
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_political_parties_in_Japan#Major_parties
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It would be a great dishonour to animate the emperor.

Just draw him like this.

What's the problem?

Because the Emperor of Japan is actually a liberal. The anime writers are all right-wing nuts.

They began to ignore the Emperor back in the 70s when he complained about the enshrinement of war-criminals in the Yasukuni shrine, and refrained from visiting it since them.

No right winger ever forgave him for that.

I love Japan

Is anime proof that right wingers are better at making entertainment?

Anime sure beats the shit out of HollyJew.

Wasn't the emperor's dad a literal war criminal that personally researched bioweapons?

Akihito is actually a pretty cool guy:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controversies_surrounding_Yasukuni_Shrine

>Emperor Shōwa's visits[edit]
>Emperor Hirohito did not visit Yasukuni from 1978 until his death. His son, Emperor Akihito, has not visited the shrine since becoming emperor, instead choosing to send a lesser member of the royal household. On July 20, 2006, Nihon Keizai Shimbun front-paged an article about the discovery of a memorandum detailing the reason Emperor Hirohito stopped visiting Yasukuni. The memorandum, kept by former chief of Imperial Household Agency Tomohiko Tomita, confirms for the first time the enshrinement of Class A War Criminals such as Yosuke Matsuoka and Toshio Shiratori was the reason. Tomita wrote down the contents of his conversations with the emperor in his diaries and notebooks in detail. He left 12 diaries (1975–1986) and some 20 notebooks (1986–1997).

>According to the memorandum, the emperor expressed his strong displeasure in 1988 at the decision made by Yasukuni Shrine to include Class A war criminals in the list of war dead honored there by saying, "At some point, Class-A criminals became enshrined, including Matsuoka and Shiratori.

Yeah, not directly for bioweapons, but warcriminal in general for giving the military junta free reign and bless their aggressions.

Shiro Ishii was that bioweapons Dr. Megele guy. And he was given immunity by the Burgerfats.

The royal family is mentioned in Hakuoki, since the imperial forces taking power from the shogun is part of the plot. Although they're never actually shown. It's notable that Gintama went out of its way to set up the conflict in a way that they didn't need to mention any Japanese royal family at all.

The Oda Nobuna anime used a version of Himiko (ancient ruler of part of Japan known only due to contacts with China) as the empress of the period, rather than a version of the period's historical emperor.

Japan stopped giving two shits about the emperor ever since pic related.

>Don't the Nips literally believe that they're descended from the goddess of the sun or some shit?
I'm pretty sure modern citizens don't give a shit about the family, only the people who lived through WW2.

>anime writers are all right-wing nuts
wtf I love turampo now

Why are people still so hung on supposed war crimes?
Medical research requires human experimentation, it's just how it is
Trying to go forward while being bound by a red tape is what halted technological progress

Because killing people for amusement and trying to genocide another nation is pretty unsportsmanlike, maybe?

I dunno.

The Emperor doesn't really do that much these days, and it leans into sacrilege for the out-and-out Shintoists in Japan to portray him, his ancestors, or any cute daughters, real or fictional, in a fictional work. Therefore, the Emperor basically doesn't exist.

Holy shit, it's been a long time since I saw someone mention this. Good stuff.

Unit 731 didn't contribute anything to science.

>The anime writers are all right-wing nuts.
80's animefaggots don't know shit about politics, 60's and 70's manga artists are all leftfags.

Even when it was airing, the thread was pretty dead

Go volunteer for human experimentation now then.

>Don't the Nips literally believe that they're descended from the goddess of the sun or some shit?
Not anymore
>The Humanity Declaration (人間宣言 Ningen-sengen?) is an imperial rescript issued by the Emperor Shōwa (Hirohito) as part of a New Year’s statement on 1 January 1946 at the request of the Supreme Commander of the Allied Powers. In the rescript, which follows the Five Charter Oath of 1868, the Emperor denied the concept of his being a living god, which would eventually lead to the promulgation of the new Constitution, under which the Emperor is “the symbol of the State and of the unity of the people.”[1]
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanity_Declaration

And now they're right wingers.

Why do you think that Sup Forums and the alt-right love anime so much?

You are kinda right, but we arent in the 60s and 70s anymore.

The only outright left Manga artist is Rei Hiroe. All others, especially those LN writers, are rightwing as fuck.

But they only like imperialist shit like SNK and Gate. Are you implying these are masterpieces that represent all anime that ever existed?

Because they are all closet homosexuals? Most anime has been produced by liberals, hell, the director of Patlabor and Ghost In The Shell was a hardcore anti-war liberal activist.

>why do I have to work to make money? it'll be so much easier to kill my neighbor and steal his.

I loved anime before I was rightwing.
Didnt think anime has anything to do with it

Most likely because they browse here, at least for me.

Sup Forums is more into Berserk, legend of the galactic hero's, and Girls und Panzer than SNK or Gate.

You know, before getting seriously into anime and manga, I always thought of Japan as the country in where sumo wrestlers, ninjas and geishas walked freely in the streets.
But now after years of being a hardcore Sup Forumsutist, I realized there's barely any manga about geisha and sumo non-existent is practically in either medium.
Why is that? I mean, being such a big part of their image and all, they don't seem to write a lot about them.

Because the only time the emperor has actually been relevant in the last like nine hundred years was between ~1850 and ~1950. For the whole rest of the millennium, they were basically ceremonial figures of secondary actual importance to either the shogun or the prime minister. And events for most of the period between ~1850 and ~1950 make the emperor during that time a hard subject to use unless you're making some sort of serious historical-political drama, which is not common in anime.

Source on that? Not saying you're wrong, just curious, since artists tend to lean left.

>source: my ass

This is also false (anime and manga are not monolithically anything and most of it is escapism). Hollywood is only culturally liberal anyway; it's perfectly willing to celebrate plutocracy and militarism.

What? Don't say shit like that user, I don't want to share tastes with human scum.

>The only outright left Manga artist is Rei Hiroe
>the only
What the fuck? Do you understand you're talking about thousands and thousands of people here?

>Why do you think that Sup Forums and the alt-right love anime so much?
That has very little to do with anime/manga-makers' politics and a whole lot to do with the alt-right's position within internet subculture.

>Rei Hiroe
>left
He's literally a copyright nigger.
Not to mention his shitty manga.
Since when are LN anime or manga?
No, they're not.
Because they're stupid and eat shit.
People who reason in a polar mentality will never have good taste.
What's got being anti war to do with the left? Commies didn't seem much anti war to me.

>Why do you think that Sup Forums and the alt-right love anime so much?
Because they're autists.

You are fucking retarded
Sup Forums had anime threads sometimes with hundred of replies and posters

>He doesn't know that Sup Forums has good taste

>human scum
>doesn't even browse the board enough to know Sup Forums is pretty much the embodiment of LotGH

>since artists tend to lean left.

Kek. Where did you get this from? Japanese artists nowadays tend to lean right.

As for Rei Hiroe, you can feel that from his story lines. Characters from formerly communist countries (USSR), communist countries (China), as well as communist rebels (FARC) were portrayed with great depths and without using too many tropes usual to right-wing writing. You can really feel that he is kinda sympathetic to the left-wing egalitarian cause.

>Rei Hiroe
>Left
I doubt he's a leftie considering how much he seems to love guns

Sadly, it did. Why do you think most of them got away scotfree and died filthy rich?
They made themselves useful enough for the post war period.

>The anime writers are all right-wing nuts.
Source? Examples?

>What's got being anti war to do with the left?

Being opposed to miliraristic expansion is a liberal stance. Communism is the authoritarian segment of the left-wing, different poisition in on the spectrum, nothing to do with being a liberal.

This, and it's even fading as Sup Forums becomes more dominated by normalfags who think that anime is "degenerate" or whatever.

That said, there's probably more anime/manga/LNs with "right-wing" themes (SnK, GATE) than the opposite (Jinrui, Non Non Biyori), but the vast majority of it has no strong political/social themes.

Not anime, but the death of Hirohito was briefly mentioned in Hayate, because Ruka was born the day after he died.

Are you an american?

Leftwing ideology in countries that arent the USA is actually always very militant and pro-guns. How would you topple corrupt regimes and fight against corporate oppression without guns?

Also, Hiroe's negative portrayal of Japanese corporate culture is also pretty lefty.

Actually it was the opposite. That pic still can be seen in house shrines.

>LN writers are rightwing as fuck
Isekai and battle harems are right wing?

>lolicon artist had some dumbass trump shit on his twitter
>now removed
and now they're lefties. They're both I'd say.

The embodiment of a mediocre show liked by intellectuals wannabe?
Mhh, seems about right to me.
Rei Hiroe is a literal slave of the copyright jews.
>liberal
>left
Kek. Only in the US.

I thought SNK was about Jews? Or is that just shitposting? I dropped it at like chapter ten, so I wouldn't know.

All I know of Sup Forums is it has people lusting after Trump's veiny dick and posting twitter frogs.
I just never thought this board was worth any of my time, and I still don't think so.

If they are the likes of Mahouka etc.

Daily reminder that he did nothing wrong.

You'd be wrong, buckaroo. Once again. Sup Forums is a bunch of idiots. Japan is actually a leftist nation.

>Only in the US

I think you are confusing liberals with libertarians.

Harems show proper place of women and battles are opposite of leftcuck peacehippy stance, so yes very much.

SnK is bizzarro world
Jews put the Germans and Italians in concentration camps
Eldians are Axis powers

It is pretty shit right now. The Sup Forums equivalent would be recommendation threads everywhere. Hiro's making a separate board for something like a Sup Forums+Sup Forums hybrid so it'll probably be cleaner in a few months.

>Non Non Biyori
>Political
What?

The emperors was never in charge, the real power belongs to their military leader the shogun which the gov is fulfilling the role of.

Unit 731 did contribute and leaped the medical field by decades, so much in fact that burgerland gave them immunity for their hard work.

>Japan is actually a leftist nation.

>Leftwing ideology in countries that arent the USA is actually always very militant and pro-guns.
That has more to do with available security or the lack of it.
If you can trust not to get murdered on the street you are a lot less likely to go around armed. If the chance if the fomrer is high and the police is pretty much another gang, you tend to arm up a bit.

Japan wasn't at any real risk of communist takeover, and that had more to do with CIA electoral/media manipulation than that fascist LARPer. Given that people (including mangaka--especially mangaka!) are facing health problems and even dying from being overworked and unpaid overtime, Japan probably could have used at least a stronger social-democratic movement (even if the Maoists were dipshits).

>suddenly doesn't like the show because idiots enjoy it
embarrassing even if you're a different poster

Well what's worthy of your time is so important on an anonymous imageboard.

Oh yeah
But girls fight, they wear skimpy clothes, and there's a ton of fetishes right wingers wouldn't like

BANZAI

Shinzo Abe is a feminist.

He denounced his own divinity, not that he was of divine descent. The Imperial Family still claims to be descended from Amaterasu, but the Emperor no longer claims divinity.

>Ethnonationalist Monarchy
>Leftist

>Unit 731 did contribute and leaped the medical field by decades, so much in fact that burgerland gave them immunity for their hard work.
Yeah the murricans could pump out new bioweapons thanks to them. And I mean they mostly killed nonmurricans, therefore subhumans to the US regime. No biggy employing them after the war.

The show is mediocre.
It is in its own way.

Their welfare state is pretty sparse actually

>Actually it was the opposite.
this
american photo is LIE

The emperor was in charge once upon a time, it was just so fucking long ago (and before the typical romanticized image of samurai-Japan) that it doesn't really come up except in the context of Abe no Seimei or Genji.

>Sup Forums
>Putting critical thought into anything

>not that he was of divine descent
That always gets me, the allies misunderstood that hard.

It is, I'm trying to moderate the time I spend on Sup Forums right now. I put a restricting app on my google botnet. Those yous are addictive man, you have no idea how much of a slut I am for them.

>Emperor Showa, I'm SCAP.

Real human bean

The Genji movie was great. I wish it was in HD.

Half of Sup Forums dropped Trump like a hot potato after he went full neocon and is getting Chanology PTSD from frogshit.

>Japan is actually a leftist nation
No wonder you voted for Hillary.

Reading comprehension failed. Well done, back to the cave Ug.

>It is in its own way.
So was fucking Hitler.

Yeah, for 2 seconds.

HAYAI

This is why trying to compare the politics of two different nations is always a shitshow. The only real similarity between US and Japanese politics is that they're both liberal democracies (i.e. free, multi-party elections, equality under the law for everyone, etc.). In Japan the same party (the Liberal Democratic Party) has won all but three or four elections in the post-war era. They nominally lean right but because they're the dominant party, they're not particularly ideological and more of the default path for someone with political ambitions. The current government is more nationalistic than previous ones, but also more willing to engage in Keynesian deficit spending than any US Republicans would be. Still, there's a strong anti-war stigma, especially among older people, and even most of the LDP's voters oppose repealing Article 9.

>Mahouka
Didn't they author just said that Onii-chan also disliked homos?

They also got super pissed at him for apologizing about Japan's war crimes.

What did they expect? Trump never kept word. Ever.

Ah I always forget they claim to be political incorrect, while obviously not being so. Little retards they are.

Japan is literally what Sup Forums wants the west to be minus their shitty gun laws.

>everything i don't like is rightwind
hurr

>artists lean left
lmao, that's a European/American thing only

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_political_parties_in_Japan#Major_parties
>Japan votes conservatives
Seems like a lovely place to live in