Your favorite Anime becomes a major live action Hollywood blockbuster, with all that entails...

Your favorite Anime becomes a major live action Hollywood blockbuster, with all that entails. How much of a trainwreck is it?

I don't think this thread will get deleted but I really don't like crossboarders

>inb4 "it already is"

>>>>>>>>>>>whitewashing

>Revolutionary Girl Utena

A blockbuster about 4 little girls who are constantly harassed by a 21 year old female pedophile? I don't think Hollywood is this progressive yet.

>LoGH

It would probably be butchered plotwise because fitting everything into 90 minutes is impossible

but at least there won't be any bitching about casting, white dudes and the occasional black and chinese guy are a dime a dozen in hollywood

It's already an anime

It would basically wind up being the Star Trek reboot so not bad, really.

FUBARed.
There's not one western female who could accurately portray Haruhi.
The computer club scene would never survive the editing room floor.
They'd probably claim the ending was rape.

Sup Forums spams their shit on other boards all the time m8. It's only because the mods here have some kind of hard on for this slowly dying board that there isn't as much crossposting allowed here.

>cute 2D girls being replaced by ugly western 3D pigs
>awful attempts at transitioning jokes from and for the anime into live action

Jesus...

Bullshit

anime get spammed on other boards because Sup Forums is still rooted in "anime fans from Something Awful wanted to make a Futaba clone in 2003" so people drawn to this site are either weeaboos at heart or try to act like it to fit in.

As for the mods keeping crossboarder trash out: if you weren't so new you would know there are no mods "here". Sup Forums has site mods not board specific mods, so there are no Sup Forums mods or Sup Forums mods or Sup Forums /tg/ /fit/ /ck/ etc. mods. Thus the reason cross boarders aren't welcome on Sup Forums but infect large swathes of the rest of the site is not because we have special mods looking out for us, but because the board's populace as a whole makes it clear we don't put up with that shit

I'm a crossboarder, I just dont show it except like now

Nah, anime gets spammed on other boards because Sup Forums can't stay in their containment. Look at board traffic stats and Sup Forums hasn't been 'rooted in anime' in years, it's all Sup Forums and Sup Forums and even Sup Forums is more popular than Sup Forums at this point. No one drawn to Sup Forums comes here for animu anymore.

And yeah I know there are no board specific mods, don't recall ever saying that anywhere. Fact is tho that moderation differs between boards, and certain mods spend more time on certain boards more than others. Fact is that Sup Forums gets special treatment for some reason and anything that doesn't fit the current cancer meta gets insta b& but shitposting and crossposting on other boards is totally acceptable.

I think it has mostly to do with Sup Forums being the only board to be dedicated at mod cum guzzling for this long. Not even Sup Forums worships mods as much as this board does, so I guess they return the kindness accordingly.

>>Gunslinger Girl

It kinda-sorta already is

>Adam Sandler is
>Golden Boy

we really need a Chinese cartoon adaptation of Leon the Professional

It's not a Hollywood adaptation, but my favourite anime did get a live action film.

I've not mustered the courage to watch it, but I've heard it's shit.

This or possibly Princess Tutu.

You know strictly speaking it could work. You would just need it to be done as a passion project. I mean Adolescence kind of worked, so maybe with a slightly increased run time it could be made into something passable.
Plus it's got all the things modern Hollywood needs a bi-sexual heroine and a brown female love interest.

Utena was never about being "progressive" though. It was a coming of age story that just happened to feature LGBT characters.

Hollywood would overlook that fact and focus entirely on pandering to the Tumblr crowd rather than nailing the style and themes of the original series.

In a perfect world I'd want a Bubblegum Crisis movie, with decent looking women and The effects from a MARVEL tier production behind the visuals.

>berserk
Game of thrones but cooler

It probably ends up full of fart jokes.

I really can't imagine a live action mushishi movie being good at all.

>Yuru Yuri
>It is either a Disney channel esque production or they just use the cast from the new Ghostbusters to retell the same jokes but in a more obnoxious way

I'd watch it if they got Guillermo Totoro to direct it.

There's no way Hollywood could get it right. Larry is a girly girl who enjoys girly things but also is a tough-as-nails bounty hunter who happens to be a lesbian.
They'd just make her full bull dyke and probably with the stupid side-buzz hair and dyed pink or blue just to let everyone know she munches more carpet than a malfunctioning vacuum cleaner.

There's also no way they would let May's backstory alone without turning her into an emotional cripple.

This

W R E C K E D
R
E
C
K
E
D

Given I am Leg:
They'd make a good version.

Then they'd show it to a test audience, completely redo half the movie, and turn it into "Our society has never done a single thing wrong!"

The fiend would be some big Russian guy Squealer found running around Japan for some reason.

They'd kill him by simply ripping him apart with cantus and surviving death feedback through sheer force of will, or "it was self defense so it didn't trigger". Or maybe they shoot him with guns and say "death feedback only happens when you kill with cantus".

Queerats would be a Russian bio experiment on mole rats, and it turns out they're naturally evil and violent and only look like they have emotion and intelligence to trick people into feeling sympathy for them.

The queerats were holding Mamoru and Maria hostage, but all queerats everywhere die simultaneously when they kill the Russian fiend. Except for Squealer, who Saki tortures infinitely herself. Mamoru and Maria free themselves and live happily ever after.

Shun comes back because magic.

That would happen at the very least. They would probably transplant the entire thing into the American south or something and make all of the humans Mormons or some equivalent.

It's not pedophilia if the 21 year old was technically a little girl a month ago.

I'm sorry nobody responded to your bait. Here is a (You)

>Gurren Lagann

Butchered to hell.

>Kamina is kept alive, just crippled, so he can mentor Simon
>Yoko and Nia are two not-very-different flavours of strong, independent woman
>Lord Genome is the villain

>Haibane Renmei
Never would work: the walls would inevitably be turned into a Trump parallel and the story would be about Rakka fighting Haibane discrimination. In other words, totally missing the point of the show.
>Lain
If it had David Lynch directing and Avatar's CGI budget this MIGHT be decent, but I wouldn't count on it.

>They try to condense Fooly Cooly into one sitting
>the show would allow for perfect time conversions of shots

>they only expand on Haruko Atomsk and Medical whatever's meaningless backstory
>Canti has no personality and is literally a slave
>Other School kids are non existent
>Naota's brother problem is somehow solved
>Haruko wasn't actually bad
>Dad is nonexistent and is actually abusive
I'm making myself angry thinking about this shit

I don't think it'd be a complete trainwreck, just a painfully two-star film where you can seen glimpses of good ideas and talented people be wasted by Hollywood bullshit. Revy would be a generic stronk woman instead of a genuine badass. Rock would either be the useless man, or get too involved with the actions scenes. Dutch they'd make into either a complete nigger or actually do right by getting, say Idris Elba. Benny'd be difficult to fuck up since there's no shortage of Jews in Hollywood.

Balalaika would be a trainwreck, because they'd completely misunderstand her. I don't even want to think how badly they'd fuck up Roberta.

Holy shit, this. The only way live-action Gunsmith Cats could work is in the hands of a director who understands nuance and isn't trying to pander to normies.

Fuck.

Given how well child murder flies here, I can't even imagine how it'd be adapted, even forgetting trying to compact that kind of plot.

My thought is either they go with one extreme, just throw in adult protags/murder victims and turn it into The Grudge or whatever vaguely J-horror-ish movie with a child ghost that murders everyone.

Or they go the entire opposite way and go maximum Casey and Friends and just make it a non-murder kid's movie, something something save our town or whatever.

I tried to imagine the last movie with a kid cast I even liked, and now I just imagined a Higurashi adaption that was basically "The Sandlot but with murder".

Yeah, really can't see this working.

_