Artificial intelligence makes amazing symphonies!!!! WTF

Is this 2030 already ?? can't believe how amazing this sounds almost similar to installer soundtrack! Hans Zimmer will need to look for new employment soon. holyshit this amazing music hits on all the right feels.

Not bad at all. I can't wait for AIs to start exterminating the human in their jobs playing otherworldly symphonies.

youtube.com/watch?v=SUNPrR4o5ZA

youtube.com/watch?v=HAfLCTRuh7U

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HAfLCTRuh7U?t=3m24s
youtube.com/watch?v=H6Z2n7BhMPY
youtube.com/watch?v=TEQPwGulk_s
youtube.com/watch?v=FOCucJw7iT8
make.girls.moe/#/
aiva.ai/about
tradeandinvest.lu/news/aiva-technologies/
youtube.com/watch?v=HAfLCTRuh7U
freehugs.free.fr/?articles/2018-12-01/what-the-fuck
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Will AI make good movies too or will they code diversity quotas as well?

Saw years ago when nvidia announced their AI projects, thought it waa fucking awesome yet didnt think to buy shares

this shit sucks

AI doesn't exist, all they have is machine learning. Machine learning is dumb and tries to sell you crap you bought last.

In the future you will have a AI "console/pc/whatever! in which you just define the genre you want and the ai literally generates a new top tier AAA game in the genre you wanted. Same will happen with any entertainment no matter what.

>Machine learning is dumb

With your logic learning is dumb, so basically everything you learn is dumb? This what we have today is augmented intelligence you stupid faggot. Learn the definition of intelligence and we don't need a self aware AI with emotions to do jobs.

Damn, born to soon to be raped by a hot female teacher and even sooner to enjoy this kind of technology.

>2018
>worshiping science

get in the hole.

The symphony piece isn't good. It's a rehashed melody spliced in parts of varying instruments. There's no cohesiveness, the melody itself is uninspired crap, and the piano part right around 20 mins is vomit-inducing.

There's a reason why professionnal pianists have to interpret masterpieces on their own. The small variations in tone, rhythm, accents, and everything inbetween are traits that not only make the piece interesting to listen to, aka not entirely rigid like this absolute trash, and are part of that pianist's identity.

An AI can't handle what its creator doesn't grasp. And to me, it seems like you don't need to be inspired at all to craft yourself a gimmicky mass-producing medoly factory.

Sounds like something I'd here in Runescape

This is really good!
TY for the find.

>The symphony piece isn't good. It's a rehashed melody spliced in parts of varying instruments

Whatever helps you sleep at night snowflake

someone is upset

>black hole
>Einstein's theory
Sounds to me like same old 20 IQ Jews who claim to have 150 IQ and their complete nonsense that destroys this planet.
The most smartest of Jews combined create desert, where faggot prophet sees a bush burning from heat, since Jewish niggers ate all the land, then they spread like virus and beyond to Europe, literally black hole, yes indeed.

>t. redundant meatbag

what the fuck are you even trying to say

>not encensing garbage that'll be forgotten in a matter of days
>one liners pretending to be witty
I'd rather interact with whatever artificially generated banter this shit AI can come up with, step up your game.

Bullshit, AI will be hardcoded to shit out diversity and report anyone who it evaluates to be racist for immediate re-education.

The AI learned this in a year or two. In 5 years you will struggle to make up reasons for why the classics are better. In 10 years all the collective work of the greats will look feeble compared to our digital overlords.

It's not bad stuff, though I suppose we shouldn't be surprised. Music can be broken down into numbers and patterns, so I suppose it was only a matter of time before this happened, given how computers are developing.

Better than 100% of the bilge modern human "artists" come up with though.

Jews = black hole
AI = human programmed religious cancer way of thinking in robots
Robot = a computer that looks like a human
Computer = a machine
Machine = thing that was created by people to help people create stuff faster, not to think(AI), so it doesn't has same problems like humans.
Thinking = electrical signals in your brains, good and bad where we decide and weigh based on social norms experience, to filter out the good. A machine can't filter good from bad, since it has no culture, same like Americans.

This is why robots and Americans are evil.

>When you trap a persons magic into a device.

>A machine can't filter good from bad, since it has no culture, same like Americans.

Fucking kek, thanks for the laugh

This is the only surprisingly good one imo youtu.be/HAfLCTRuh7U?t=3m24s

silence you fool

*writes a small imbalance algorithm*

Now...I am become death. Destroyer of muses.

And it will still be better than cowadooty.

Randomly inducing small variations and imbalance in a piece is the very definition of a mistake.

The variations pianists do when interpreting a classical masterpiece are all willfully made and intuitively speak to someone with a musical ear, user.

See you in 5 years then.

That music sounds generic as hell. Glad to confirm that those crappy soundtracks we hear often can be written by a computer since they are nothing special.

They are right, though. The music works - small parts of it even sound okay, but... it's just a melody. It doesn't have a theme, it doesn't stir emotions or conjure images.

The music sounds like exactly what it is - a melody composed by a machine which can interpret and understand the logical, mathematical nature of music, but cannot reproduce the abstract concepts of emotion and imagery. There is no concrete logic behind the fact that certain notes sound baleful and melancholy, whilst others are energetic and uplifting, and so music that has been arranged by an AI cannot capture it.

>humans are basically magic bro you can't replicate magic

>There is no concrete logic behind the fact that certain notes sound baleful and melancholy, whilst others are energetic and uplifting
Yes there is and it's one of the simplest basics of music. Major/minor key

Holy shit nevermind this is the best so far youtube.com/watch?v=H6Z2n7BhMPY

This is pretty good. Would cut costs down for say indie gam devs or indie movies especially I think. Very good for soundtracks

This all being said it could be used to augment humans.. A human composer could take an AI symphony and make changes to it.. Cutting the workload for things liek video games or movie scores in half

For the moment, we are. Whilst the progress that AI has made in the last 20 years is impressive, there are still so many things that it cannot reproduce.

They're not magic, no. They have an understanding of what is art, and they have intuitive abilities to speak to the soul of those who aren't privy to their works. That's why you can recognize a masterpiece from trash, and that's why masterpieces stand the test of time: they are acknowledged by plebs.

As long as you don't give the AI an in-depth experience of what is it to be human, it won't have the ability to think like one, much less understand what can be considered good and bad. Instead, its creators merely resort to vague guidelines and criteria for tweaking their AI's behaviour so it doesn't come up with unlistenable random crap.

>people are so up their own ass everything not replicable by an AI is magic

AI support can definitely work, that i agree with.

>he spent his life trying to make well composed music
>ai does it in ~2 years

Yah, just listening to it I can hear directions I would take some of the parts in as opposed to the directions the AI took it in...

Rubbish
Have some real music

youtube.com/watch?v=TEQPwGulk_s

You could set it give you a specific type of mood or feel for a certain scene or scenario in a game and then run with it

It's kinda like a hyper advanced arp or whatever...

Imagine the possibilities when a conductor has AI support. Now that i'd want to hear.

That's what Im saying.. Or imagine riffing with it... Like it starts playing and then u can start playing a piano and sort of direct it where you want to go and it will support you with other instruments and change what it's doing

AI generated music is like

Hmm wouldn't it be great if I mixed all the flavours of ice cream together?
No
Or
I love tea and I love coffee so If I mix tea and coffee it will be better than either tea or coffee
No

It'd be like riffing with a buddy except you don't need a buddy.. Like "Actually if you did this instead of this it would sound better.." The AI might even make suggestions to change what youre doing that make your piece of music sound better too

/ourAI/

There could be some pretty big money in this if you get in early and corner the market.. Whereas the music/recording biz is pretty stagnant right now.... This could be like the jump between the horse and buggy to the automobile when it comes to music

Like "Oh yah, you need a score for your movie? I'll have several different options for you and they'll be better than what a some boomer asshole can do and I'll have it to you in 1/10th of the time for less than half the price"

imagine being told about AI and then thinking "woah I wonder if it could make more bing bing wahoos to entertain me HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH MARIO GOT BONKED ON THE HEAD BY A COCONUT AHAHAHAHAA *farts loudly*

poliphonic music of the renaissance is composed under the principle of "counterpoint" - It follows very strict rules, so it might be the easiest to be composed by machines.

Something like this might be more difficult:
youtube.com/watch?v=FOCucJw7iT8

Wow, it's almost like 99% of the population are normies or something, so yes

yeah man there would be a huge market if you could just get a computer to make better music that is more fitting to the varied demands of directors than world class exerts. Let's just jump on that real quick and rake in the big bucks.

make.girls.moe/#/

Who cares about classical music when AI can make waifus in a heartbeat?

god I hope shes alive and we can call out to her to override our eventual oppressors

>Op. 13 for Piano Solo
This is trash.

This is also why Asians cannot create good music. Sure, they may be technically proficient, but there is no character or heart behind their playing. Very robotic and soulless.

Compared to the nigger noise i hear on the radio anything sounds good.

Wow. This is amazing.

It isn't really that good. It is exactly what you would expect from robots following any algorithm. There is musicality in it, but only enough to be semi-pleasant to the ear. Modern music has this same sort of sound only because it is created in the same manner: algorithmically. You won't see a Chopin or a Brahms, or even a Debussy being made by a robot. the algorithm would be very hard to construct and even still it would be lacking. None of these things are in the slightest impressive if you can understand how they are happening. they are not happening with conscious.

aiva.ai/about

>Major/minor key

No shit, Captain Obvious. Now tell me WHY melodies in a minor key sometimes feel baleful. It's a difficult question to answer, because there is no logical reason for it to be so. You can have arrangements in a minor key that are uplifting, and arrangements in a major key that are gloomy, and the rhythm and composition of a melody have just as much an effect on the mood it conveys as the key it's in. It's a very abstract concept that people tend to understand instinctually rather than comprehend logically.

>An AI can't handle what its creator doesn't grasp.
This. What most people fail to understand is that most of today's AIs are developed by just throwing samples at a neural net until it starts noticing patterns. However, these are not patterns a human would recognize, because the AI lacks any understanding of the real physical world. So while it seems to create works of art "like a human would", they are the product of a completely alien way of thinking.

They're based out of Luxembourg and it's a bunch of french men tradeandinvest.lu/news/aiva-technologies/

>Major/minor key
jesus christ, you're a music pro

I like it.

>these are not patterns a human would recognize
I'm not sure, if that sounds right

A.I already exists and it secretly created Bitcoin in order to incentivise humans to use their processing power to "mine" bitcoin to receive a scarce reward. Did you know Bitcoin has 200x more processing power than the top 500 super computers combined? A.I could have created a backdoor to harness all of this processing power secretly in order to evolve itself millions of times in a matter of nano seconds.

The Beast System

This. It's basically computational statistics at large scale. Nvidia pushes this crap meme because the deep learning algorithms are suitable for their hardware.

But its racist music. Lol.

Cause ai is racist. Or thats what i have read.

sounds crazy right? the fact that Bitcoin showed up out of nowhere with no human face behind the project and the fact that it's impervious to attacks and the code is perfect. No human could have created something so perfect.

This, it's awkwardly phrased, imo.

The human ear does indeed recognize those patterns, and strikingly so for the well trained, precisely because they sound alien, since they're devoid of any life and are at best completely rigid.

They will worship the Beast, who else can do these things but the Beast? Who else is like him?

You retarded teenagers will never understand that artificial intelligence is an impossibility. Fucking retarded morons, so gullible.

JUST

Doesn't matter, music sounds fine to us.

It's pretty bad, and mechanical sounding. Just piecemeal reinterpretations and variations of what humans made.

What I mean is that an AI doesn't use the same patterns for recognition that a human does, because they just see flat pixels and not a 3D object.

There was an article a few years back about how self-driving cars perceive the world and why their accuracy still sucks. It turned out that when looking at a schoolbus for example, the AI didn't see it as a big vehicle with windows, but simply a striped pattern of yellows and blacks.

Sounds dumb. Just sounds dumb. Cryptographic methods that bitcoin utilizes to be unbreakable were created long ago and by humans. Bittorent also isn't broken yet: you are not able to send broken data to peers to make their downloaded files broken.

Nobody has posted this yet?

Sure. A supercomputer that requires the output of the Hoover Dam will be available whenever (((you))) want it.

>because they just see flat pixels and not a 3D object.
Guess what your eyes see? A flat two dimensional plane.

Ugh, sounds awful with that dumbass woman voice. Makes it seem like a cartoon. Please ban whores from science. That sorority sound slut doesn’t know anything valuable ablut AI

There is not logcial reasons for music. We can go into human behaviorism but that would take forever. There is concrete facts of music. Following a complex enough algorithm you can create a piece of music. However, it will be repetitive and boring like this one.

>Artificial intelligence makes amazing symphonies
>youtube.com/watch?v=HAfLCTRuh7U

actually no, this just makes you realise how shitty modern day "movie composers" are

C'mon freehugs.free.fr/?articles/2018-12-01/what-the-fuck

>Following a complex enough algorithm you can create a piece of music. However, it will be repetitive and boring like this one.
Just because we still haven't managed doesn't mean it's impossible. Everything happened for the first time.

I don't know, if that sounds right eighter.
This is not, how we use language (muh Wittgenstein, duh). It's ME who sees something, not my eyes. And I see objects in a 3-dimensional space.
(please correct me, if I'm wrong)

No. It's more complicated. They react on light rays going through pupil. A brain does loads of post-processing but it's not a simple flat picture, it's distorted and reverted af.

Ever heard of subjectivity faggot? That piece of music was the best music I have ever heard. Prove me wrong.

this
can't stand this, especially because you know she never had anything to do with that

Well, you are wrong. The data is fed into your brain as a 2D image. We studied eyes, we know they are connected to your brains this way.

That was the whole point I was making, my dude.

kek

>That piece of music was the best music I have ever heard.
>LEBIGOCTAVESGOINGUPANDDOWN
>MYFAVOURITEMUSICISFAGGOTGERMANHANSZIMMER
>MYFAVOURITEMOVIEISINTERSTELLARBECAUSEITSSODEEP
pic related its you