I'm enjoying this, did you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m36Ls6rFZgk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Kashira worst doll

Desu best doll.

Enjoyed Season 1, read and enjoyed the manga, couldn't enjoy Traumend knowing what could have been, dropped the manga because scans fucking never and shitty meme-filled "translations".

Enjoyed the 1st one just like Abe did but wished it got another series.

Loved the OAV, Leopard OP was fucking great and it made me love Junku (fuck tea bitch)

I even liked the new reboot.

6 fingers and no torso but I still love her

>I even liked the new reboot.
Not really a reboot. The 2013 anime adapts some of the RM II manga. That manga was a direct sequel to the first, only with a "what if" scenario (Jun didn't wind it as a kid). It made sense since Souseiseki and Hina died, and Shinku was on the verge of death (trapped by Kira and severed bond with Jun). Kid Jun decided to "open the door to rewind time/fate" and we ended up with RM II/2008 manga. That manga also ended last year I believe with Shinku becoming Alice and restoring all the other dolls while sacrificing herself. Jun and the 6 dolls go on a journey to save Shinku.

Currently there is RM Zero manga which is another timeline, but again canon. It's basically a prequel to RM.

The first season of the anime was about 60% canon, 40% filler/changed scenarios. The 2nd season and OVA together makes for about 10% canon and 90% filler/changed scenario. Deen 2013 version is a canon adaptation of RM II. To those who haven't read the manga you should, the characters are portrayed very differently there (for better or worse). Some get more development, some get more screen time. Suiseiseki for example gets shafted in the anime (apart from the memes), she plays bigger roles in the manga. Suigintou is not as saidstic in the manga and gets less screen time, Souseiseki is actually more brutal in the manga. Other dolls are kinda the same as anime. Also season 2 of anime gets a brand new story and doll (albeit it's a different take on the manga story).

This is one of my favorite franchises ever. I would say overall the manga is better story-wise and character development-wise, but the anime is better for the iconic music and the memes. DESU

Sorry i know what youre saying and i was wrong, I got lazy and used an easy word instead of a more accurate one.

As your sage words have moved me ill pick up the Manga too
(however as I've got about 140 more chapters of Akari to read it may not be any time soon)

>Im enjoying this, did you?
I guess

I've read the manga but not bothered to start the anime. Should I? The manga was pretty average in my opinion.

Great, hope you enjoy it user.

If you didn't care much for the manga the anime isn't going to wow you. It has a great OST, voice cast and some cute and funny filler episodes, other than that one of its drawbacks is an inconsistent pacing. However you might like the different take on the same story that it provides.

Desu Desu Desu Desu Desu Desu Desu Desu Desu Desu Desu Desu Desu Desu Desu Desu Desu Desu Desu Desu Desu Desu Desu Desu Desu Desu Desu Desu Desu Desu Desu Desu Desu Desu Desu

youtube.com/watch?v=m36Ls6rFZgk

Still yet to watch this...What hooks you about it, OP?

I don't really know much about the plot at all...

>Souseiseki Died
I need to rewatch the reboot.

Dolls created for the purposes of fighting and killing each other. They are all sisters though so dramatic tear jerking moments to ensue. They are also cute and have big personalities so a lot of cute and funny moments too.

How bad was the 2013 reboot?

It's faithful to the manga (2008) apart from first episode which is a terribad recap of 47 chapters.

But is it fun? Does it capture the spirit of season 1?

I remember Rozen Maiden threads on Sup Forums all the time. How times have changed.

Also Shinku is best doll.

Rozen Maiden is still a cult classic. A lot of people who started watching anime in the past few years don't want to give it a chance though because it's "old" now. Like myself, I only checked it out recently but really got into it.

Well it's good but not as goofy. It's more story-oriented. So a different kind of fun. You need to read the original manga before watching it though (up until the alternative route begins), as season 1 & 2 differ a lot in events compared to the manga. The 2013 anime adapts only part of the 2008 manga, after you watch it will probably want to finish the series by reading the manga. And again, it's a sequel not a reboot. You'll understand when you read both parts of the manga or read the first part of the manga then watch the 2013 anime.

Thanks user!

I watched it for the memes in 2007.

real question is wtf ever happened to Dolls Talk and RM Zero mangas (or translations)?

Bara > Shin > Kira > Sui > Kana > Sou > Hina > Junk

You're welcome. Always glad to discuss RM.

RM Zero is currently publishing, there are fan translations already in English, Vietnamese and either Spanish/Portuguese, so the fandom is still going on strong. You can find the English translation of Zero on various sites like kissmanga. Check it out.

I dont get this desu meme?

she says desu at the end of every sentence

Watch the anime.

It was alright. 2013 was almost better, if it weren't for you know, DEEN. You could really feel the quality just dying near the end. The first episode was a fucking mess though and shouldn't be watched. Which is sad considering episode 2 was great.

Remove Stinku.

>Not recognizing classic memes

Apply yourself

I did, I watched both seasons, and she didn't say desu even once.

I'm guessing you watched the dub or something then.

/yakult/

First ep was definitely a mess. Someone said it was made for newcomers to the franchise, which is dumb since it leaves out 95% of crucial plot. As a recap it's also done poorly, a wasted episode slot. If someone were to read the manga they should just go straight into episode 2. However the season itself is great, it's a treat for people who actually read the manga, since it adapts it well as a sequel to the original, unlike the original anime seasons which are mostly filler. Also the artwork is really good for a DEEN show.