Good Looking manga

I know this an extremely generic topic but...

What manga would you personally consider to be the "best looking"? "Best" as in "most appealing to you" which may but not necessarily equals to "most detailed" or "most realistic". Hell, maybe you personally prefer something extremely abstract and stylized, that's cool too.

I would really like to hear your personal opinions.

>hurrhurr
>Miura
>Murata
>Araki
>Otomo
>Inoue
Are some of the obvious guys. Anyone else?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracery
files.catbox.moe/gj61vg.png
files.catbox.moe/ddbkwe.png
files.catbox.moe/y0uhak.png
files.catbox.moe/2voyvk.png
files.catbox.moe/ac9taz.png
files.catbox.moe/y6m5oo.png
files.catbox.moe/6nlhg5.png
files.catbox.moe/47vrge.png
files.catbox.moe/nuvfs5.png
files.catbox.moe/livd1x.png
files.catbox.moe/a06f7v.png
files.catbox.moe/d4xjwl.png
files.catbox.moe/yi3y2h.png
files.catbox.moe/4qqzlv.png
files.catbox.moe/4n280d.png
files.catbox.moe/u8xtkh.png
files.catbox.moe/lxxiqu.png
files.catbox.moe/fhnlmh.png
files.catbox.moe/kuvwfg.png
files.catbox.moe/9vcp19.png
files.catbox.moe/n8e0b7.png
files.catbox.moe/19oad4.png
files.catbox.moe/bhuhdc.png
files.catbox.moe/0xtcvy.png
files.catbox.moe/j7ma0r.png
files.catbox.moe/8nmhz5.png
files.catbox.moe/m7pl20.png
files.catbox.moe/hl2817.png
files.catbox.moe/tuz5pp.png
files.catbox.moe/iktbwc.png
files.catbox.moe/bwg70f.png
youtube.com/watch?v=cK-Lf_qP5m4
youtube.com/watch?v=ikk4nLcnW_k
youtube.com/watch?v=yjQxINUAVms
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sakamoto

Igarashi Daisuke

And literally ANY other mangaka who has been on manben.

>muh grafics

really is Sup Forums becoming Sup Forums

Stop forgetting to include Mori on the list of babby's first objectively breathtaking manga artists.

>Igarashi
I think it's cool that he went to fine arts school and then ended up as a mangaka. That manben episode was really interesting and comfy.

I find Ken Akamatsu's style to be incredibly appealing, particularly Negima and UQ holder.

Inio Asano
>hurr filtered photos
I don't care, his story and art is something I can really relate to.

aot

I think my favorite in terms of art is probably Air Gear: Beautiful and detailed drawings, while still managing to be abstract and dynamic as fuck most of the time.

The artist also draws the best boobs in manga history, so it's really the best of all worlds.

I absolutely adore this guy's style, his attention to detail is insane and his character designs extremely unique and endearing. Also a lot of his blatant fetishes line up with mine so it appeals to me on a personal level as well.

If you watch the Naoki Urasawa program where he talks with other mangaka about the way they work, you see that Asano does a lot of work in editing images to make them look like they're drawn, even actually drawing some parts in.

People's reaction to her art has always weirded me out as it's "quality" is extremely superficial and lies almost entirely in those patters she (or possibly her assistants) draws all over the place.

But if you omit all the tracery and look at the characters, backgrounds, perspective etc, it all becomes pretty mediocre and by the book.

>possibly her assistants
>tracery

What else has he made, besides Made in Abyss and that one shot?

>not posting kino page

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracery

I thought that term could also be applied to drapery but I was wrong. Didn't mean literal tracing.

You do realize that literally every artist op mentioned has assistants, or at least did at some point in time? That aside,
>if you just take away all the painstaking details that make it look so great it won't look so great
No shit, Sherlock. How many years of art school taught you that gem?

Tsugumomo and Planetes

This.
Asano is a literal hack and draws the bare minimum.

(Asano) > Sakamoto > Inoue > Miura > Samur a > Otomo > the rest

Well, I mean, all the guys in OP managed to combine painstaking details with ridiculously choreographed fights, realistic backgrounds, detailed character designs, advanced perspective etc.

There is also a difference between doing something like proper crosshatching and just drawing a bunch of generic eastern patterns all over the place. Both take time but the latter one does not take nearly as much skill.

Come now, we all know what the real kino page is.

THIS

Well I'll give it to you that you have a point. Perhaps her efforts have an air of superficiality to them but they are painstaking efforts nonetheless and the skill gap between her and standard manga artists are still immediately noticable. You can't deny her character designs are great though, and the way she writes many of her female characters is some of the best in manga.

Cute and easy art-style with lots of details is kino.
I hope for the anime being good.

Yeah I know, it's just that people mock him for not drawing the backgrounds from scratch just like this guy I don't care about what his drawing method is, the most important thing is his art really fits the story and characters. That's what makes Inio's works the most appealing for me.

is he ok?

>ridiculously choreographed fights
Dunno if it's "ridiculous" level but I loved the clan wars arc and due to it kinda wish she drew more fight scenes

>detailed character designs
that's her calling card

>go to art school
>all the teachers says manga have shitty art
>none of them have published a regular comic never

Bleach : )

Air Gear is the ultimate pleb filter. I've seen so many people drop it because they couldn't understand it, somehow.

Even if the teachers really mean it when they say that all manga sucks, they are still going to teach you the same things all the mangaka worth shit were thought by theirs.

An angry old faggot teacher that is willing to scold and grind you to death is worth a hundred of free thinking faggots who would be ready to give you "A"s for an effort alone.

If I didn't care about manga looking good I would just read comics

Asano plot is literally just mundane bullshit, except his moe alien manga. Only shut-in fucks believe his stories are unique. Just fucking talk to some people and you fucking hear some nijigahara holograph or umibe girl level of crazy.

>nijigahara holograph or umibe girl level of crazy
Not moe enough for you?

Art is the one thing O!G has going for him.

That said, I've read both Tenjou Tenge and Air Gear to completion, so maybe I'm stupid.

ken akamatsu (negima, love hina) has a really good vibe, very welcoming and makes you want to jump into his universes

the mangas are ok, not the best, but it provides a really good feel through the art and setting

her detail isn't superficial like but has great immersive effect. She manages to be detailed without it seeming gaudy (oh great) or sterile (say ultraheaven. too perfectly drawn , unnerving, which is actually probably what it is going for and suits the story very well). it still has the nice warmth (ultraheaven say lacks warmth) of hand drawn cartoons , isn't meaningless detail (like that guy who drew greenblood and and hideout ).

you don't give her enough credit.

Also stylistically she's able to blend her more anime-ish and cartoony characters in with the more immersive, detailed world very well. feels much more cohesive than say tsugumomo or a lot of other manga, which adds to the immersion (although the main work is accomplished by her careful and detailed depiction of the subject matter and how the setting is shown visually).

you don't give her enough credit. She occupies a sweet spot in quite a few ways. It's a nieche that not many others occupy.

Asano uses manga as a crutch to deliver his existential monologues to audiences because he knows that both that his prose wouldn't be able hold onto anyone's interest and that he is too lazy and inept to write continuous prose since he just wants to blurt out existential musings and introspective monologues. in black panel that are totally black save for white text.

>Ctrl + F
>No Gantz

lul ok

This guy knows whats up. Its enough detail that its gorgeous but not enough that its overbearing. It has a really nice sense of balance to it. A lot of artists go full on autism detail or draw basically stick figures. Its hard to get into that sweet spot and she does it very well.

He may know how to draw but he can't write for shit. Witches was trash.

This

Why English translators are ignoring the best horror/kaiju manga???

IRIE Aki's art is god tier

Anyone who reads manga for the art needs to read Ran to Haiiro no Sekai and Gunjou Gakusha at least once

A shame it looks like shit though

Toumasu draws the cutest couples

They probably are talking about manga styles.

I dunno why one would put it here

Early Gantz or middle to late Gantz/Inuyashiki?
In other words, is this bait?

Jesus, can you give a quick summary about context?

Glory unto Yukito Kishiro!

Bill Nye the science guy wants to dissect him because he's a robot made entirely of invaluable relics from the eponymous Abyss.

Dumping my favorites.
files.catbox.moe/gj61vg.png
files.catbox.moe/ddbkwe.png
files.catbox.moe/y0uhak.png
files.catbox.moe/2voyvk.png
files.catbox.moe/ac9taz.png
files.catbox.moe/y6m5oo.png
files.catbox.moe/6nlhg5.png
files.catbox.moe/47vrge.png
files.catbox.moe/nuvfs5.png
files.catbox.moe/livd1x.png
files.catbox.moe/a06f7v.png
files.catbox.moe/d4xjwl.png
files.catbox.moe/yi3y2h.png
files.catbox.moe/4qqzlv.png
files.catbox.moe/4n280d.png
files.catbox.moe/u8xtkh.png
files.catbox.moe/lxxiqu.png
files.catbox.moe/fhnlmh.png
files.catbox.moe/kuvwfg.png
files.catbox.moe/9vcp19.png
files.catbox.moe/n8e0b7.png
files.catbox.moe/19oad4.png
files.catbox.moe/bhuhdc.png
files.catbox.moe/0xtcvy.png
files.catbox.moe/j7ma0r.png
files.catbox.moe/8nmhz5.png
files.catbox.moe/m7pl20.png
files.catbox.moe/hl2817.png
files.catbox.moe/tuz5pp.png
files.catbox.moe/iktbwc.png
files.catbox.moe/bwg70f.png

>And literally ANY other mangaka who has been on manben.
That's a major exaggeration at best. You're seriously going to try and tell me that Shimizu Reiko, for example, is one of the best artists in the industry?

Witches was great, as are most of his works. I don't like you.

Nigger, Air Gear is a clusterfuck of the highest degree. It's got no sense of structure to it, just random-ass plot twists out the ass. The idea that not liking that piece of shit makes you a pleb is about as backwards as it gets.

did he stop drawing manga after this?

You can't deny this artstyle has some appeal.

NNKX is really pleasing to the eye, though it doesn't have much action. Comfy and charming, seemingly simplistic yet expressive, oldschool but not dated.

For children maybe. Are you a child?

why has no one posted the master
Yoshikazu Yasuhiko

THIS

Oh Great
Takeshi Obata
Kouta Hirano
Sui Ishida (mainly the color pages s)

R.I.P. rapey teacher.

To add on your list:

Masakazu Katsura
Taiyo Matsumoto
Masanori Morita
Tatsuya Egawa
Keisuke Itagaki
Ryoichi Ikegami
FKMT
Fuyumi Soryo
The CLAMPs grannies
Satoshi Urushihara
Kenichi Sonoda
Kazushi Hagiwara

If you wanna add illustrators to that the list gets longer, but let's stay on topic

Murata doesn't really deserve to be in top tier though, let me tell you that, even Miura can't really compete.

But her characters are great
youtube.com/watch?v=cK-Lf_qP5m4
youtube.com/watch?v=ikk4nLcnW_k
youtube.com/watch?v=yjQxINUAVms

>if you omit everything that makes it good, it becomes bad

Blew my mind.

You should all be ashamed for going this far without posting this.

Hiroaki Samura

Hitoshi Ashinano is the dictionary definition of "less is more", not the most detailed artist, but he understands composition in a way mortals can only dream of.

you're fucking retarded.

The Master is in His own tier, you fool.

Either you are me, or this is love.

My personal favorite

Easily SZS. Arguably the best art philosophy out there, simple and on point. It evolves to be its own thing after the first five or so volumes. Excellent fucking aesthetic all around.

Kamome Shirahama. Something about the style really hits all those sweet spots for me.

his(?) inks are so beautiful, I love that he started off as a western comics fanboy

gooks have some good draws as well

that golemn and little girl is quite artsy

Mozgus?

>Hell, maybe you personally prefer something extremely abstract and stylized, that's cool too.
Q Hayashida
Jiro Matsumoto
Koike Keiichi

TSURUTA KENJI

He's currently doing a remake of Apocalypse Zero.

This manga seem so beautiful, but muslim culture disgust me, so I can't read it

Emma was so fucking great

>This manga seem so beautiful, but muslim culture disgust me, so I can't read it
then just look at the pictures like the retard you are

you did this? that's great, thanks user.

also, Nagabe

>he hasn't drawn like this in 20 years
How do you not feel cheated?

this is awesome, thank you user

Looks way too digital and even kind of unfinished.

Ishida made some amazing panels early-mid chapters on :Re

Platinum End looks pretty great. The story is absolute trash though, I don't even know why I follow it.

He drew that Jun Togawa album cover which is more or less consistent with his Level E work just a few months back. It's all a matter of choice for him.

His art is definitely fantastic. However, the writing for his manga could do with some polishing. Would be great if he teams up with other writers, as in he just provide the art.

Mastsumoto Jiro is my personal favorite. Dem lips.

I think Ken Ishikawa is better than Go Nagai's art.

since this is the closest to a general manga thread, is there any info on how much a non jump mangaka makes in a weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly series on average?

looks like shit with a generic manga art style.

are you a retarded?