Why did 90s anime girls have more personality?

Why did 90s anime girls have more personality?

Don't really know if that's true or not. most female characters pre-Eva seemed more like plot devices or trophies for the MC.

Tenchi is kinda an exception and has more in common with modern female characters (make sense since along with Love Hina it created the harem genre that dominated it).

This makes me sad. Literally worse each decade.

Pure laziness. That's depressing.

Why were the 80s so smug?

What went wrong?

Not keeping the original hair

There's an edit where 2010s is subtly faded away, it's amusingly accurate.

Too much skin, for one.
Ryoko always dressed fairly conservatively, when she wasn't trying to seduce Tenchi in the bath.

>Ryoko always dressed fairly conservatively

Except she always exposed her cleavage

They changed it now it sucks

this is why Misaki should just let Tenchi die and make more original works

For me its mostly the linework, most of the newer shows have lines where their lines almost have no weight to them or are softened by bloom, takes out a lot of the character for me personaly

That was a spin off. OVA 4 Ryoko looks fine.

Wasn't there a project designed by Yasuda? It got released and promptly ignored, per the curse.

The future doesn't look too bright.

What's this expression called?

Its called images

Yeah, but OVA4 was also dogshit.

>was

OVA4 is the current one, only 2 episodes in. You're thinking of OVA 3

no ass

Holy fuck that pic. hnnnnngggg

Anyone want to colorize that for science?

Cute.

I don't mind the body or the hair, but there's something… muted (for lack of a better description) about the face.

No 90s girl had ass

How is the '90s a downgrade of the '80s? Apart from unnecessarily large hair volume (something which I feel belongs in the '80s instead), I don't really see a difference.

The eyes were better in 80s style

2010s don't even look human

Yes, the 2010's style face looks less like an idealised human face and more like a doll face.