Post your collections. The full shelf is just over $800

Post your collections. The full shelf is just over $800.

Not your blog

So what? I want to see some good collections and I just got Nardo today.

>Wasting $800 on One Shit and Sithuto

B-but I like Job Piss and Nardo, s-senpai!

Why did you waste your parents' money like that?

dohoho

(You) must be so proud

I have thousands just into my old DVDs. Git gud.

I don't know whats more disgusting your taste or your fucking third world tier shelf.

Meh, looks better built than the Ikea-shit that always infests buyfag threads.

>manga collection
>only one trash and gayruto
It's a surprise your thread got more replies than one, underage friend.

How is this any different from other Buyfag threads?

Not much, other than OP being a giant faggot.

In buyfag threads they don't just go around showing off their shit, they post to be released figures, news and other stuff.

that ikea shit is everywhere in these threads, but at least it looks clean compared to OP's bad taste in shelves and in manga.

>all that asano inio
you are in good company, friend.

i didn't want to believe that there were people here who actually spent money on things they could get for free. literally throwing your money into a toilet.

let's see how your manga collection looks when that shit quality paper yellows and degrades 10 years from now.

its not your board

No pics of my shelf so here it is written out:
A Drifting Life
The Push Man and Other Stories
Abandon the Old In Tokyo
Ghost in the Shell
Ghost in the Shell volume 2
Onwards Towards Our Noble Deaths
Ajin volumes 1-5
Trigun Volumes one and two
Trigun Maximum volumes 1-14
Parasyte volumes 1-8
Death Note volumes 1-13 + BB light novel
Franken Fran omnibuses 1-4
Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer omnibuses 1-5
Planetes volumes one and two
A Distant Neighbourhood
Gyo
Fragments of Horror
Strike Witches: Fuso Sea Incident volumes one and two
Nichijou volumes 1 and 2
Goodnight Punpun omnibus 1
Astro Boy omnibus 1
Dream Fossil
Tropic of the Sea

Light novels so far:
Legend of the Galactic Heroes 1-3
Spice and Wolf 1-3
Re:Zero volume 1
Baccano volume 1
Kizumonogatari
Bakemonogatari volumes 1-3

Going to work on getting more Baccano

are you saying that aged manga looks bad?
its part of the charm, young one.

Missed out Taniguchi's Guardians of the Louvre.

And I missed out A Girl on the Shore despite it being right next to me on my desk.

I got to a "why even buy manga if I can't buy my favorite ones" point. Fucking shit taste Americans and their lack of interest in old sports manga. These fags didn't even localize Gin no Saji and even though they could have put 'From the creator of Fullmetal Alchemist' stickers on the cover. Azumanga, Uzumaki and my DB Vizbigs are the only ones I still display.

>spend $800 on paper
>use $2 camera

Ikea incoming.
1/3

I'm surprised Gin no Saji hasn't been released in English. I think it got a European release, though? I could be wrong though.

Okay I guess it doesn't want to rotate properly.

2/3

3/3
overall shot.

I liked your shelf, OP. Not so much the titles, but they're ok.

Wow, so clean and cute, I like that you show some covers. If I had more shelf space I would take inspiration

>and their lack of interest in old sports manga.

Have they licensed Rokudenashi Blues? No? Fuck everything else. I might as well import it.

Thanks!
I used to work in a comic shop and loved picking what covers to show, I think that's why I did it.

fuck off faggot

this one book of mine is worth $600 now

Step up

>it's all english translated garbage

>all

Still got my signed copy from B&N.

What's wrong with english translated? Why buy something you can't read?

pretty jealous

although i'm just happy i ordered through rightstuf and actually got my copy

unlike all the amazon preorders
those buyfag threads were a mess

Translating anything loses an enormous amount of nuance and meaning. Especially when it's two incredibly different languages like Japanese and English.

how's it make you feel to know i've thrown away more manga than you have on your shelf. i got sick of "collecting" this shit when i realized it was a waste of space, gaudy, and chick repellant. also didn't help that i started reading manga almost exclusively on my tablet around that time too (didn't even bother reading almost all of the physicals i was collecting since the scanlations were farther ahead)

Don't care.

Perhaps, but i'm also not really intent on taking Japanese lessons just yet. I already buy figures, I don't see any harm in getting english translated, especially if it's from a not shit company such as Vertical.

This is what good taste looks like.

Because Japanese takes too long and I give up easily. Don't really know how to force myself to keep trying.

You put trust in the translator that they will do their best to convey their meaning, you will always get shitty translations and companies who dont care but thats life. Saves me having to learn anything.

I mean we put this same trust in you Mori when we watch your subs?

also 4/3

You fucking faggot, please shelve your books flush to the edge

My OCD won't allow me to sleep otherwise

I got that Nausicaa set too!

One day you will have a fulfilling career and support things you love, instead of being a freeloading leech.

I think everyone can agree that no translation can be 100% perfect -- that's just the nature of dealing with two different languages.

There's nothing wrong with reading translated material especially if you simply don't have the time or need to learn another language, but at the same time it should be acknowledged that it's definitely better, overall, to read the material in its source language. I don't think anyone actually disagrees with this anyway.

I can see where he's coming from though by not liking translated material. It's not ideal, but it's the best compromise short of learning an entire new language.

Made this shelf myself but already run out of space so I'm throwing it into closet until I make new one

Only shelves that have that is cuz I'm waiting for a new release

Haven't bought a lot lately. Got a bunch of stuff on my wishlist but I lack the money and space.

>that Mushishi
What the hell happend there?

I fully agree,
and one day when I get off my ass and actually learn, I will likely start to build my collection of original Japanese novels to fill 4 more book cases.

However whether the superiority of learning the language needs to be acknowledged every time someone posts an English collection... is something I feel could still be up for debate.

>buying localized physical manga/anime
You have five (5) minutes to explain yourself.

I buy what I like babe.

I'm not poor like you

>not poor
>paying less for shittier quality everything and cut/censored content
Pick one.

It's cheap and translation is superb if made by our biggest manga publisher

>However whether the superiority of learning the language needs to be acknowledged every time someone posts an English collection... is something I feel could still be up for debate.

Sure. In my defence, though, I wasn't the one who brought it up.

Going to be judgmental of bookcase quality.
Read filename.
Now i want to be your friend.

I much prefer reading a physical book than reading it on my phone.

Just read: Celebration of Haruhi Suzumia, anthology manga with self-contained chapters varying from meh to hella awesome. Most are okay, would suggest to the harutard who has most everything else.

Currently reading: more Barakamon, comfy little thing.

Waiting for: Dragon Half.

Just our resident translator who knows his shit, I appreciated your input.

It's old.

how much was your 2hu plushie

Free.
Was a gift.
Not pictured on the very top of that shelf is a reimu plush. It's in this photo. It was 35 dollars.

>no lids on any of the pill bottles
Why?
>VD poster
You aren't one of those lewdposters, are you?

great taste in posters

>Why?
Idk. Does it matter? They're pills.
>lewdposters
No. I rarely post.

christ user. Where did it go wrong?

Don't worry. I'm going to kill myself very soon.

>see thumbnail
oh wow i wonder what titles he spent over $800 on
you're a fucking ape

>Translating anything loses an enormous amount of nuance and meaning.
Not being able to read the text at all loses a much greater amount of nuance and meaning.

>dubbed manga
>$800 of dubbed manga
>"my collection"

Cheer up, friend.

Except the Japanese volumes cost less, are printed on inferior paper and can't be read by the average user because the average user can't read Japanese.

That guitars worth more than your entire collection.

thanks Sup Forums

The guitar is part of the collection.
For the guitar to be worth more than the entire collection, the rest of it would have to have negative value.

The motorcycle will probably vacate once my copies of A Silent Voice arrive.

>inb4 "it is"

>Naruto
Why the fuck would you waste so much money on that cancer?

Eh

Not him, but a friend of mine forced several pounds of Naruto volumes on me, then he ended our friendship and now I'm stuck with the manga.

>Jitsu Wa
>Watamote
>Biscuit Hammer
>Azumanga

Patrician

The only good manga you have is Uzumaki

Wash those windows user.

Where can I buy the Haruhi books?

Monster,Pluto,Adolf,Uzumaki, Gundam the Origin

Nigga I love your collection

Always wondered when I see these threads, do you only own manga or do you store all your proper books on different shelves?

[s]sorry light novels are not proper books[/s]

I have more books than manga desu I just don't post them because they're not relevant to the thread

>"hurr durr why u no pirate lol"
>">buying localized manga"
>"buying manga I don't like"
Shit thread, as always.

I have this, i don't know how much is worth, but whatever.