Name me one good thing in Fairy Tail that the series does better than other Shounen series without mentioning Erza

Name me one good thing in Fairy Tail that the series does better than other Shounen series without mentioning Erza.

Erza is like the worst part of Fairy Tail, she embodies everything wrong with the series

grey and his harem

fanservice

Wendy and Maevis make me hard as diamond.

>Maevis

My nakama

Why hasn't Erza just soloed everything yet?

Is she still considered the strongest? I stopped watching/reading that garbage years ago.

Yea this, there is no other reason to read Fairy Tail at this point

No other series is as good at being mistaken for One Piece.

I like Erza. I'll take the mary sue cancer over the complete cuckshit uselessness that are females in other shonen any day.

>cuckshit

women are actually good in the early parts of fairy tail. I dont remember much but even lucy was doing her thing.

Tell me if this character is a Mary Sue...

I only watched this anime for the girls.

Comedy and fan service. I would also go as far as saying mashima is good at designing characters compared. Fairy Tail looks much better than one piece

That one cool guy that was all blonde and had the long hair and the black fire named Zerxo or some shit. Loved that guy

You were close, his name was Zancrow.

Real response here. Disregarding the cute anime girls, one thing that I think Fairy Tail does better than other shonens is that it doesn't take itself too seriously.

yeah that guy. he introduced the concept of gods but what do you know they threw away that story concept

I like how the characters are actually fucking each other in their various relationships instead of having a bunch of homoerotic tension constantly hanging in the air as they grunt and shoot beams at each other, as evidenced by how that pleasure power crippled all the unvirgins.

Also they have to pay for all the property damage they inflict.

Thick girls

And maybe the soundtrack

Sex scenes.

>Comedy
>mashima is good at designing characters
>looks much better than one piece
I've only read 170 chapters, but I don't remember a single fucking character that looked cool. I do remember several One Piece knock offs that might've looked cool if I had never read One Piece. Although most of the One Piece-looking characters, that aren't just Oda's generic guy and generic girl designs (which is almost the entire main cast), are vomit-inducing abominations that you're thankful don't overstay their arcs.

I will say that Fairy Tail is funny, but it's not funnier than One Piece. In fact, one day, I actually sat down with my cousin to tell him what was good about Fairy Tail 'cause he wanted to know what it was and heard mostly people trashing it. I described several of the funnier gags I remembered, only to realize as I said them out loud that they were also all ripped from One Piece.

I hear the best part of the series is fanservice, but it didn't have much when I read it. It wouldn't surprise me, though, because it had very little going on in general. I do know he's gotten even more shameless at ripping off characters, there was a timeskip to make everyone but the main cast stronger (which is hilarious, and not in a good way), and there was a moment where the main cast confronts pirates who claim they stole from them and they say it's fine 'cause they're pirates.

Basically, Mashima is a doujin artist who accidentally fell into a popular series that panders to the edgy kids who think One Piece is too silly-looking and there's no reason to ever compare him to even Kishimoto or Kubo, let alone Oda. He's the Michael Bay of mangaka; and just like Michael Bay, his success is proof that the average person is an idiot.

I thought some of the villains looked stereo typically cool

Wendy

One piece is even more shitty than FT

>>one piece is even more shitty than fairy tail

Nothing.

Juvia

Doesn't it have a lot of romantic pairings and such? This is why I am tempted to pick it up.

It doesn't pretend to be deep or serious or anything like that, and that's why it's actually fun to read.

Hades looked cool.
August looked cool.

Tits and ass.

That's two things.

I am disappointed with the lack of Levy in this thread.

Velvet is a rare middle ground done well.

But in shitty shonen it's impossible to write a shonen who isn't Sakura tier useless or Erza/Rey

1. Hot girls
2. Action, there actually is some instead of characters talking for several panels about what power they're using
3. Less forced exposition
4. Never treats itself as seriously as other shounen usually do by the end.

It can't be helped that Erza is so powerful. After all, it's Erza.

This.

>without mentioning Erza.
But mentioning Erza would make your request harder, do you like easy things OP?

Would Erza be as bad if
-Mashima tied it to her being a centuries old dragon baby
-revealed it earlier in the story

Why didn't Mashima just do it so that Erza had all her non-touch senses taken away and her pain amplified, and then explain that the reason Erza could tell where Kyouka was located was because she could sense movement through the increased pain?

Seriously, that took two seconds to think up. Not only can the audience reasonably suspend their disbelief with that one but it would have also been a case of a villain losing thanks to their own fucked up personality (in this case Kyouka's sadistic nature causing her to increase Erza's pain and allow her to still maintain one sense to detect her with instead of robbing her of all methods of detection and getting the win). There were so many ways to write that battle that didn't involve the win coming down to "because she's Erza".

Good taste.

Heartfilia's linage its pure THICC

Flare's village arc was the last decent one to be honest.

It started out with the potential to have one of the best rivalry/friendships in a shounen, but then Gray got thrown under the bus while Natsu got OP asspull after asspull and the bitches stole all the spotlight as characters. The series deuteragonist reduced to being a background character shat all over the potential this series had.

Fairy Tail is a prime example of a series that has a great artist who lacked a brain for writing a story.

Just watched the Fairy Tail movie, they gave Acnologia a backstory

Music?

Pretty much this.

I loved Fairy Tail at the start but somewhere along the line it just took a nosedive and never recovered.
I feel like the series was at its best early on before all the backstory bullshit when it was just about a guild full of chucklefuck wizards who would go on stupid quests and get shitfaced at the guild pub.

The new one? It's already out?

Yep, just came out today in Japan.

Until Gildarts showed up, it was Laxus and Mystogan.

The body swap episode

/thread