A genie appears and says you can go back in time in Hideaki Anno's body and alter the course of pic related however...

>a genie appears and says you can go back in time in Hideaki Anno's body and alter the course of pic related however much you like

Starting with what episode would you make changes if you could, and what would those changes be?

Toji dies.

I'd delete this shit thread.

Lead Anno to sudoku right after they finished End of Evangelion

Rebuild was a mistake

Nothing. Eva is perfect.

He does though.

>remove kaworu
>make asuka pregnant with Toji's kid half way through and unable to pilot
>make Shinji an chuunibyou asshole and talk back to adults
>make all the girls thick

separate the angel appearances more and give more teen drama/angst episodes.

have asuka's backstory and meltdown occur earlier with an actual resolution and have her actually do something and not have like 4 lines total in the last third of the show

thats pretty much it. maybe tell us what the dead sea scrolls say or what they are or whatever

Remove Rei and angst. Add GAR. Basically turn it into TTGL.

i would add around 10-20 minutes to EoE. Feel there are some parts that feel rushed and a little of exposition wouldnt hurt.

Like, maya and the other guys show little to no surprise to lilith, they seen to understand perfectly that ego was AT field and that lilith could undo it. Stuff like that. Even though they arent that hard to understand, giving a few extra minutes for it would be good.

I was never sure how much they all knew. Did they realize how deep it all went, or were they just as in the dark as the regular citizens?

Never make EoE. Make the fans starve.

From eoe, they seen to know almost everything. Which is very weird, because even fucking misato was in the dark for 99% of the series, and they seemed to be just random assistants

I could maybe understand Maya knowing some things since she's close to Ritsuko but I doubt she would know just how deep everything went

Angels win and kill everyone

Maybe redo Jet Alone and Magma Diver to make them less boring/retarded, or just replace them entirely.
Other than that, nothing.

Magma diver is actually amazing for everything EXCEPT the magma diving climax.
Just re-do that part

Pretty much this, only Shinji and Rei get a character resolution. Misato and Asuka endings to their character arcs were completely ignored. Remove Kaworu, because he doesn't fit the tone of the show.

The choking scene should have happened like halfway through the tv series. Allowing there to be ample time to focus on a proper resolution between Asuka and Shinji relationship.

Never make Rebuild or anything after EoE.

He actually survives in the anime, and dies in the manga. Or vice-versa.

Remove maybe 50% of the mecha. Replace it with more character dynamics and suffering.

I'd make it so Kaji refers to Lilith as "Lilith" not "Adam" when he's first introduced.
I'd also have Kaji tell Misato in his final phone call that he's been growin watermelons not "flowers"

That's it

TTGL already exist so I'm good

These

I'd start with episode one and use the whole budget on like five episodes of Another Lady Innocent-quality H-scenes of Shinji and Asuka.