The show that made to be hit franchise but failed

The show that made to be hit franchise but failed.

i liked it but it really didnt meet my expectation

best /u/ couple of last few years though

Izetta? Didn't get a franchise feel from it.
Haifuri felt like that, Genei, Vividred, MGRP.

I don't think the show was ever meant to be like that. The way things went down only supported one season, which is a shame since it was one of the few enjoyable shows last fall.

This. Including the series named.

Izetta seemed like a pretty self contained story. OP, do you even know what a franchise is?

Prime example. All those names involved, and the results (quality and sales-wise) weren't pretty.

It's only purpose was to make people fap to Izetta. It succeeded at it.

Whenever I see this series I'm grateful it flopped. I imagine that a bunch of people got together in a board room trying to make a hit anime; not even one that was good, just one that hit enough notes to get fans to buy it, like A.Z did. Instead it fell flat on its face.

Must be painful being a shallow salesfag who can't enjoy anything unless it puts up good numbers.

>franchise

Sales don't necessarily correlate with quality. While many shows that had really good reception sell well, and shows with poor reception tend to sell poorly, there are exceptions to that.

It's gonna be the next Strike Witches, I swear.

A true Monogatari killer.

Sales are one of the last things I care about when looking at an anime. I doubt even 1% of Sup Forums buys BDs anways so who gives a fuck?
I'm kind of glad stalker threads are dead this season thanks to granblue and idolshit dominating and leaving people with nothing to shitpost about.

Try reading my post again. I'm just glad this garbage did poorly. Was hoping for that to happen before sales even came out.

Step aside, GunDUMB.

Prime Oscar and Anime Japan Award material, best movie of the year.

Yeah well we're going to have an anime, a manga and then end the anime with a sequel hook!

Monogatari is still ongoing, unlike this shit.

All of Wit's original anime

We'll never get Ruise and Miu's routes. Thanks Slutneki.

Slutneki is a good girl, stop blaming her.

Hey, at least the OP was good. Though the singer's voice could be a little better.

Frankly I'm surprised at how badly it sold considering it seemed to be mildly popular. Even Fuuka sold better.

Re:Creators. You know why it failed

>Junichi replaces Seiren's faggot MC
How does Tsuneki's route play out?

It failed? It got 2 cours isn't it?

Yes, and it's currently failing. They seriously need to ramp up their exposition game and not just make a boring character do some infodumping. Basically cutting corners but obviously effortless and boring

Shame it wasn't. Brave Witches was utter shit.

Fucking Hamatora got two cours.
These things are decided beforehand, not based on success. Sometimes they'll cancel the second cour if it's flopping (Buddy Complex), but that's not common.

>made to be hit franchise

Says who?

The show fucked up when it moved from political play to "lol witch nukes everything we need bigger witch".
But I'll never forget the bitching witch tits Izetta had. Too bad we'll never get more.

Hard Mode: Shows you wished succeeded.

You could tell by the names involved.

AoKana. Sprite probably thought the anime would be a hit, so they announced the anime even before the game was announced.

Guys!
It's going to be next Madoka!

Haha this one too. Look at this edgy idolfag shit.
>gets 5 seasons

Haiyuri

Akari is hot

but it's gonna be next GuP

Goddamn I wanted Etotama to succeed so goddamn much. Show wasn't amazing but it certainly was wholesome I'll give it that.

At least it was popular enough to warrant a nendoroid, got Nya-tan for $40 singapore dollars in some back alley fig store over there.

>best /u/ couple of last few years though
It wasn't even a good /u/ couple. The lovestruck puppy was far too eager to kill herself for her master rather than, y'know, be intimate with her, and Princess What'sherface was far too busy using other people as tools and half-joking half-angsting about it to ever show her precious friend/object even the slightest bit of warmth or love. The whole relationship felt more like emotional exploitation of a low self-esteem bumpkin by a power-hungry nationalist zealot that turned to regret and stockholm somewhere down the line.

Izetta wasn't even the best /u/ couple the season it aired.

Extra Hard Mode: Shows that made fun of their own failure

>Genei, MGRP, Pic related.
Why do they keep making Madoka clones if they all faceplant?

As an edgy idolfag I can assure you from experience that it is objectively the best mode of ontology.
Dasein is being with Nana.

Forgot pic

Because none of them were madoka clones.
Gen'ei was a project already set in motion before Madoka was aired.
Sadly after Madoka aired, all mahou shoujos with a tragedy element automatically received a Madoka-clone stamp.

Probably she would confess to Slutneki instead of being confessed.

Oh I wasn't complaining.

Nana wills it.

>yuri
found your problem.

Does that include shows that insert jokes about their own low BD sales?

Cause then that's like most comedy shows that failed.

>Prequel Movies
>S2
>3 novels
>4koma which even got animated
>Mobage
>Pachinko
Seems franchised enough for me senpai

It was announced before Madoka aired so your complaint is flawed.

1st season was meh, 2nd was a mistake.

It was good, but it came out at the same time as the meme movie, so it didn't stand a chance

They fucked up pretty good. Best girls didn't get a season, what the fuck is up with that.
Will they only appear in the game? or was that scrapped too?

It being 2 cours, does it matter? I don't think they'll keep it open ended. At most a movie?

Set up RSS feed, never watched past 5 min.
Dunno why it didn't catch my attention but I guess I'm not the only one.
I wish it had because piloting ships > being ships.

First season was pretty good, MC had a brain and he used it well.

Then second season came and wrecked everything and everyone was upset.

What went wrong in your life for you to be a contrarian who eats shit just to spite others?

And no, getting a lot of stuff doesn't make it a franchise.

I think one of my favourite bits of Symphogear is how over the top edgy the first episode of S1 is compared to everything else in the series

Kanade is a fever dream at this point

KKK went the extra mile.

Broom ride > Papika screaming Cocoka

I'm mainly angry about this because I think a more nuanced approach to 'singing is magic' premise is more deserving of a success than this shit, something like Ar Tonelico, for example, which bothered to make a conlang and has a very wide variety of folk genres..

Symphogear has five seasons, a mobile game, manga, music, and live shows.

>it's not a franchise because I don't like it
If you say so.

This show had really cool ost tho. And first half was pretty great. Then they went witch power measuring contest with just two witches, which never fucking works. After introduction of the white witch the show doesn't have a lot going for it, other than her actually suffering consequences- which they didn't even do that good, I forgot for a moment that she couldn't walk because she fucking could. Yuri flight felt forced, they were close but not that close yet.

>What went wrong in your life for you to be a contrarian who eats shit just to spite others?
What went wrong in your life when you have to shitpost falsehoods in an anonymous forum?

Watch out idolm@star, Love Live is back.
>flops

This is fucking terrible.

Magical girl shows are notoriously cheap to produce for originals and have huge blowup potential. It's always a good diceroll to bet on a magical girl series and hope it catches fire. When it doesn't? Oh well, you didn't lose much trying. Everybody wants another Nanoha.

Being formulaic while the formula is generally accepted and well-liked is big. Only the barest amount of iteration is necessary to make something unique and the rest of the focus goes into the visual elements, which are the focus of anime, while already working within the frame of a narrative and cast that's proven effective. Edgy shows, schadenfreude and tragedy are just hot numbers right now for otaku in general, so of course more mahou shoujo involve those elements as well. They've always kind of been genre staples but chasing the fad means they're more prominent now.

MGRP is kind of a special case since it's an LN, and also less about mahou shoujo and more about superhero survival games/politics with really unique powers.

I don't know what sweet hash you're chewing that makes you think YuYuYu wasn't the saddest attempt at a co-opt this decade, but if it road Madoka's coattails any harder it'd be humping the leg.

Next Shirobako right here.

I loved the threads though, it was fun fellow wug watchers.

I think you posted the wrong image, user.
Remember the faggot shilling Charlotte back in the bako threads? Fuck that guy.

>made to be hit franchise but failed

Charlotte's gonna sell double shitobako's numbers. It has a dead loli and pantsu shots.

God, Miku is so pretty. Why did she have to be gay?

>YuYuYu wasn't the saddest attempt at a co-opt this decade
It was a co-opt, but it certainly isn't sad by any means if the multiple media entries is any indication.
A lot of things flopped buy YuYuYu is not one of them.

I wouldn't call this the next shirobako, it's pretty standard PA anime.
At least it's not a Hanasaku Iroha with telenovela tier drama.

>Shows you wished succeeded

Yes user. Every single geah and Yuki Yuna bd sold was bought only with the intent of making you mad. It worked too.

Love is still my rail

Oh man, I really wish we had gotten so much more out of this series.

>Even the TCG died
Wew

A lot better, Junichi is practically Chad compared to Show-itchy.

>subtext cancer
>good
>ever

this show was hilariously bad. How have they managed to fuck up this hard?

Quality imouto and Hime where still good.

>any of these two
>subtext
Kill yourself.

Nice headcanon.

No, fuck off, broomride date and confession in the final battle against Mimi broke any possible "subtext" bullshit.

And you can't argue this.

>The show that made to be hit franchise but failed.

user, did you not realize the Izetta was made to get military otaku to buy plastic kits of superior German-engineered military artifacts from WW2?

Again, Izetta was nothing but WW2 military hardware exposition. They were clearly pandering to military otaku with all that CG battle scenes. This is a show made /k/ with /u/ aspects as just tertiary.

And the /k/ aspects failed, the only thing that caught up were the /u/ aspects that's why they added pic related to the final BD.

Hey, I really liked that show.

>military otaku
Do they still exist?

Despite the cute girls, it was one of the most boring shows I've ever seen and I'm glad it failed. I have no idea what SHAFT was thinking with this shit. I don't think they cared either.

Now that you mentioned Flip Floppers, they fit too.

>Kancolle
>GUP
>Strike Witches
Of course they do.

Spend all your budget on names and openings. Have no money for the actual show left.

It was an 'adaption' of a concept-story from some vocaloid-like music program some random guy did. That random guy apparently got a little finicky over creative control and his involvement directed the story down the dull and strange path it took.

The rest was just SHAFT's typical inability to keep a stable schedule, but without strong writing or a strong concept to bind things together, there was just really nothing to show off. OP was fantastic, at least.

Wasn't a second season for this announced a few months ago? The sales weren't too bad either as far as I remember.

I would have watched an entire series of Fine doing politics and espionage

> The way things went down only supported one season

I don't think that's necessarily true, given that it ended with a stinger of the main villain escaping with his research to America.

It was in development hell before Madoka.
It got revived after Madoka.
From the few materials that leaked, the stuff that was done Madoka was drastically different from final product.