Can someone explain to me why the anime industry can't delegate larger budgets to triple A shows...

Can someone explain to me why the anime industry can't delegate larger budgets to triple A shows? Everyone's been talking about how much of a mess everything is since SNK got a 12 episode season and while the reason is obvious I don't get why it exists.

Western shows like GoT get massive budgets because they're massive shows. SNK was the biggest anime phenomenon of the 2010's yet WIT studio was still given shit all for season 2. Is it just because the big wigs are getting rich either way and don't care about the material they push out? Is there really no way for them to reform the budgets so that animators get paid at least as much as I do for working in a supermarket?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aixeIU7_jio&ab_channel=DrPugjunior
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

where is all this money supposed to come from

GoT is a world wide phenomenon, only japan supports anime enough for it to impact the work.

Also don't be an idiot, 20 seconds of cgi out the entire season of high quality detailed animation. This is the pinnacle of tv anime quality with such a shit budget, so don't be an idiot.

Yeah I'm getting really fucking tired of going to my favorite torrent site, downloading an anime, only to find that it's low quality shit because the nips are too cheap to put any money into production.
Really pisses me off.

>literally cashing in a franchise 6 years later
It's a smart move not to invest everything on a dying fad.

Because the anime market and the western television market are two entirely different things.

Fox, ABC, NBC, HBO, Showtime, Amazon, Hulu, Netflix, etc all want you to go to them for your entertainment needs.

If HBO suddenly comes out with a show that blows people's minds, you can believe that all of those other networks are taking notice. Netflix knows that it can't cheaply produce a series if HBO is dropping movie quality episodes that are setting records for piracy.

This is one of the benefits of capitalism. Everyone wants your money and because they are in competition with each other, the bar keeps getting gradually raised because they are all trying to steal your viewership from one another.

Japan's anime market doesn't work like that. The bar doesn't get raised because all they care about is if people by the merchandise; that's why you see shitty LN adaptations all the time. Those sell, those make money, what fucking reason do they have try harder.

Not even saying it's their fault either. The market ultimately dictates what gets made and if otaku are willing to buy figurines from some poorly make harem anime... well, what do you expect.

Hello new friendo, you probably seem to think money can solve everything and if you throw money at it, your problems will go away or you probably think services like Crunchyroll is supporting the anime industry. Well I'm sorry to tell you this but money doesn't solve most world's problems. You are just now experiencing this horrible tragedy so I'll let you take it in for a bit.

Take deep breaths, ok you good? Let's begin, Japan has a declining rebrith rate which is causing a lot and I mean a lot of jobs to be understaffed a lot of the time. Japan also has all these shitty laws and businesses that take a large portion of the profits from any and every series successful or not, leaving the creators with almost nothing sometimes wheather its manga, anime, doesn't matter. Wanna support the anime industry? Buy the BD's from Japan. Wanna support the creator? Buy literally everything from Japan. Wanna fix the low birth rates? Better start putting that virgin dick to good use.

Americans don't know how to use money so they just throw it at people expecting work to be done, they then get heart/panic attacks when nothing can be done so they throw even more money thinking the problem will be fixed if they keep throwing more money. Americans have been doing this for generations so its no surprise they still think this way.

I'm not so much complaining about the cgi as I am sad about the state of things. This season has looked fantastic considering the budget but still I just don't get how things come to this

>why don't animators get paid minimum wage?
>because of declining birthrates and you're american

What the fuck is a "triple A" show?

You're fucking retarded if you think this is low quality, it's objectively superior to every tv anime this decade, if this is low quality then you've been watching literal shit this entire time.

My sides.

youtube.com/watch?v=aixeIU7_jio&ab_channel=DrPugjunior

why

I'm gonna give you a little hint: That stream that you think is 1080 HD? It's upscaled.

Like Triple A games but with anime. At least that's what i think he meant.

>SNK was the biggest anime phenomenon of the 2010's
No, it wasn't. That would be Love Live.

world wide? only degenerates care about love live overseas. they literally sell snk t shirts at walmart

>>love shit
>relevant outside japan tiny island

HAHA

>America is the entire foreign market
Someone post the guys praying to Love Live trains in China.

>>because of declining birthrates and you're american
Declining birth rates if anything would push for better pay since there's a smaller workforce pool from where to hire.

>missing the point
>what is sarcasm

>it's objectively superior to every tv anime this decade
Wrong.

The switch from syndicate TV to broadcast TV messed with the budget of television shows, forcing them to cut down from 26 episode seasons to 13. Back then you could get away with whatever because local stations paid royalties for the right to air a show. In other words, they were forced to buy the package ala carte. Broadcast TV gave power back to the studios, so now they can sell it in portions and see whether a show is profitable or not, and I assume that this is how they are able to hold budget's hostage. They have nothing to lose now, as opposed to before when they had to sell the show to the actual station.

Not hating on Love Live but this guy is right.
AoT is more well known world wide than LL & it's normal people-friendly.
A lot of people still find moe characters are cringey though.

>China
>World wide/ normal people
Yeah, how about no.
A chinks train is so little compared to how many AoT T-shirt spreads world wide .

Nope, your both wrong that would be Your Name.

Name something better then moron.

>triple A show
>SnK
It's not even bait at this point.

What is even the point of that video?

>SNK was the biggest anime phenomenon

Biggest minnow in the pond, my friend. Anime is niche.

Because TV anime in general just doesn't get that much funding.

Movies, sure, but TV anime that will most likely release better looking BDs later?

As to why studios are paid a fraction of the profits, its because the studios don't usually hold the rights to the show in the first place and are effectively contractors paid to do animation for someone else when they are hired to do adaptations. If the studios made their own anime and hold the rights for those anime themselves, they could have more control over the anime they make and subsequently more claim in the profits later.
The interview with Satelight's president sums it up pretty well.
>What’s important is that we can make a profit and then that profit can be returned to the team. I am keen to create this cycle but if you constantly do work for hire, you won’t see a cut of the profits. This is because the investors and license owners are the ones that make money in this arrangement, with the creators rarely rewarded for their work
>the situation that the production cost that studios in general can charge has not changed over the years and that it tends to be the license holder or the publishers that take profit
>having control over our own property gives us more opportunities to generate additional income. So making a hit would generate a lot more profit that we could receive directly and then share within the studio.