I really want to believe in a god

I want to believe in god, specifically the Christian god.
Why do you Christians believe in it?
How do you respond to the problem of evil, or other points raised by atheists or agnostics?
I don't see you responding to their points very often at all, just posting fedora memes

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodicy
youtube.com/watch?v=rsHS6qrZqCo
youtube.com/watch?v=F6j8igmJMow
washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/07/09/AR2010070905154.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>How do you respond to the problem of evil
This has been addressed millions of times over the course of 2000 years.

The fedora meme is their only argument.

I believe because I've been saved by believing in Jesus, and received the holy spirit
Are you looking for apologetics discussion? There are great YouTube accounts dedicated to it

Where are you now?
Is there a creator?
Is morality absolute?

women help you fall. christ has nothing to do with either of those. right down to immaculate conception

Believing in some kike is antipol

Believe in yourself and your family. Mostly every believer is usually a bleeding heart virtue signalling faggot.

>I want to believe in god, specifically the Christian god.

It isn't a matter of desire, it is a matter of faith. Do you feel the physical surge of warmth in your body when mass is being given? Do you feel the sins being purged from your body when receiving communion? Do the words of the Lord help heal, aid, and guide you when you most require it?

Anyone can want to believe, but faith has you actually feeling the sensation that the Lord has a place in your heart, soul, and mind.

>Why do you Christians believe in it?

Faith.

>How do you respond to the problem of evil, or other points raised by atheists or agnostics?

We were given humanity, consciousness, logic, and ideas in order to stray away from evil, lust, etc. It is when we prove our resistance to evils that we get closer to God. Evil exists in order for us to manifest our faith and prove our worth, living a good healthy life. Were we just all meant to live happy and good lives, there would be no reason for there to be a God.

>I don't see you responding to their points very often at all, just posting fedora memes

Yes.

Whenever you start thinking about something, just stop, and start feeling instead.

If you can't do this, then simply deprive yourself of oxygen until you can.

This. They have to resort to shaming like a woman.

>how do we respond
easy, see pic related.

Look up Bohdi Mantra on YouTube and stop being such a faggot. Watch some of the playlist on Ancient Knowledge Gnostics and do some research of your own.

Christians are like that 13 kid that still believes in Santa, nobody knows what happens when you die deal with life like a man

See?

see
It's all they got. Even they know it's indefensible garbage, but they're afraid of hell, so.... fedora

Ok, everything come from god, ok, but where he does come from?.

"He is the first" "He was always here" "He is the eternity"

Real answer: I can't even understand that question I'm a religious person not someone who uses the brain for something.

The problem of evil is the strongest argument the Atheists have and you are right to be concerned by it. It even has it's own name, Theodicy.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodicy

My understanding is that the biggest problem with the evil argument is that with the existence of an afterlife and a judgement of men by God, there are a lot of theoretical ways that the evil of reality can be rectified in the afterlife.

>I want to believe in God

Start by being an agnostic. This is a mysterious universe we live in. The assumption of atheism is not a prudent assumption. Be humble and accept that you really don't know, and that none of us really know why we are floating around the odd black void contemplating God on Sup Forums.

From agnosticism try moving into theism. Go one step at a time. For Christian theism, I recommend William Lane Craig. He is a Christian professor of philosophy who specializes in arguments for the existence of God. He lays out some good arguments, and he does it all from a secular angle, not from quoting scripture at you.

Good luck user, and God bless.

You, me, and every one; everywhere, have been alive for an eternity already, we currently live in a physical state of spiritual amnesia and long for the familiarity of what we fear most.

>I don't think it's possible therefore my opponents are wrong
Nobody denies Christianity is predicated on the existence of the supernatural

If you are interested, read the bible

you realize that life is an assblast without god and then you accept him
what's hard about this?
or you choose to love yourself and ultimately die alone with no peace? (luciferianism)

Kek. To be fair it is the easiest way of responding to fedoraposters.
Tell me OP, why do you want to believe in God so badly?

>1 post by this ID
Actually take back what I said here , fucking saged.

No offense to the other anons but this was about what I was looking for in a response, thanks
>why do you want to believe in God so badly?
Religious people seem happier to me in general and I want to be able to connect with people in my community and family through it (they are very religious), if I find it to be true

y-you too

Sup Forums is sick of these stupid religious threads...no one gives a fuck. If you can’t come up with a more interesting thread then quit creating them.

By taking the easy road, you do nothing for your position. To be fair, I don't care if people worship squirrels or dirt or a potato chip that looks like Elvis, but when mythology becomes a matter that affects an objective decision, like stem cell research, it makes me want to go on an atheist crusade to kill all the christians.

Just turn your brain off bro

The big bang theory sprung from the notion of expansion which sprung from an observed "red shift". What if this is all wrong? Look into Halton Arp.

>Pick up a cross for the first time
>Feel warmth and tingling sensation in arms. Felt like I couldn't be harmed.
Neat stuff desu.

it's faith, why do you need to reason with atheists and agnostics over it?

There no one god who is omnipresent, rather all humans and others share the common esscene of god, the universal energy that pervades all life force in the universe. To worship “god” is to worship yours and others godliness as to do right upon the world.

Expansion isn't based solely on redshift, there's an entire program dedicated to the CMB that is a major supporting backbone of the Big Bang Theory

>freedom allows for Love
>man is concupiscent
>Jesus saves

There's also the microwave background radiation, expected to be the blast remnant from said bang.

Pray for a sign. It worked for me.

I believe in God because I asked him for confirmation and gen years later he gave it to me. It was very specific so it had to of been God. Ask God to reveal himself to you, he will.

pray to Jesus that he will forgive your sins.
Actually confess all your wrong doing to him in prayer.
>feel the peace and love of Jesus fill your soul

Dunno if you are ready for it. May not be able to handle it.

Try me.

If your problem is irrationality, William Lane Craig is your guy. He did debates with Christopher Hitchens and Sam Harris (both on youtube) that even atheists concede he won (by saying they weren’t prepared for a formal debate, which they weren’t, but they still happened), and generally has good, easy-to-understand lectures. Should at least help you along the way.

Read verboten 11essays

I got to God in reverse. I found out the Holocaust isn't real then saw how company evil these kikes rulling us are.
Then I knew Satan was real. Turned around and there was God.
Random things that might help:
God's name might be Lucifer. The devil is an asshole and also calls himself Lucifer to confuse you.
Pure doctrine of Lucifer is something Sup Forums needs to see

Well, technically, we (Christians) are not supposed to pray for a sign like the pagans. I knew that much from studying the Bible, but never being sure. Something about being like the pagans or whatnot.

But I was desperate and I did, night after night and day after day for a few months....

It all started back in '08 when I got sentenced to 4 years in Texas State due to a minor traffic accident in which a local home lost its life and members of the good, honest community through which I passed to buy a weeks supply of narcotics were terrorized by a "monster truck." At least that's how the local media described it.

You talk about the things he should feel when he does certain things but that is representative of works not faith at all. Catholics have duties to perform yet say it's faith. Real belief in God has to do with grace not works.

Btw have felt the holy ghost and heard the trumpets
They are real physical things
It's why ppl can know God is real and can't ever logically explain it

The judge had prescribed some time away to get myself together and, along with my academic and fitness pursuits, I began reading the Bible -- but still didn't believe. So, like I said, I prayed.

Believe in the truth. Knowing how things really are will give you more peace in life than religion ever could.

Eternity is a circle not a square.

youtube.com/watch?v=rsHS6qrZqCo

youtube.com/watch?v=F6j8igmJMow

>Why do you Christians believe in it?

We chose to accept the faith given to us. You can, too.

Man can make a choice to follow God or not. We're not robots. Could love exist without independent thought?

Me too.

Proverbs 8:17 I love those who love me, and those who SEEK me FIND me.

LOOK for God. Seek Him out. You will find Him because he will reveal Himself. He wants you to make a choice to come after Him - to pursue Him. He won't remain hidden from you if you are truly looking for him. If you go looking for a bit and then give up if would show that the pursuit is not that important to you, you're not really interested in the result. He knows where your heart is, if not like you can pretend. If you needed to find your wallet/keys or a lost pet you'd spend a decent amount of time searching for those things, I'd bet. Give the pursuit of the Lord God at least that much regard.

You WILL find Him because He wants to be found by those who are honestly seeking him. There is nothing more important for one to do because your existence now - and forever more - will be irrevocably altered to your very VERY great benefit.

How great?

"Eye has not seen, ear has not heard, nor has it entered into the heart of man all that God has prepared for those that love Him." That's absolutely mindblowing because it's stating that you can't even imagine how wonderful the afterlife is going to be. You can't formulate in your thoughts that type of euphoric ecstasy. "...in His right hand are pleasures forevermore." Look up these verses. Those pleasures are for YOU and those will be yours forever. You have EVERYTHING to gain by knowing the Lord.

Everything.

Eternity is like the cross where the horizontal part is symbolic of the present world and the vertical part is symbolic that the supernatural intersects and raises the present world to the heavens forever

OP are you still even here

I'm not a super big fan of Craig, but I increasingly find my self in positions where I have to defend him.
When he says "they weren't prepared" he is absolutely right. There is a mountain of literature from Aristotle, Augustine, Aquinas and many others. (My personal favorite is Hegel who is in a way divorced from the 3 I mentioned)
If I hear "What caused God" one more time I might go insane.
In short, stop being a fucking liberalist and read op. You'd be much better for it.

There was a Mexican I would often engage in feats of strength in the form of wrestling or chest boxing -- Big Head -- or to his spic buddies -- Caveson.

Before I could get my signature move on him (the fish hook Smith), I banged my knee on the steel cage in which we lived.

It was messed up bad, I could barely walk. When mail call came in, I heard the guard: "mail callllll everybody get ready for mail callllll"

My name came up. "Smith, you got some mail." So I limped up with my swollen knee and get my package. It was a Bible college I had been corresponding with to keep brain stimulated.

This is what slid out when I opened it.

There is a part 2 to this story.

Even if is supernatural god had to come from somewhere or an origin to him to exist.

In order to something to exist it needs an origin, an source to be able to pop in our reality.

Meditate on Jesus. Fix your gaze on Christ. Ask him to reveal himself to you. Ask for a sign. Ask for help. Invite him into your heart. Humble yourself. Admit your sins -- or start by admitting your flaws if you're not comfortable with the "sin" thing. Read Mere Christianity. Ask yourself if all of this could really be random and meaningless. Read a bunch of accounts of near-death experiences. Try praying when you're having trouble with something and see what happens. I found God about a year ago. My burdens are so much easier to bear now.

What kind of troll fucking post is this? "Uuuuhhhh....i really like this and uhhhh...want to like, believe and stuff. But I don't errrr...want to do any research cause none y'all ever respond good". Fucking bait!

That's a conundrum where the Christian God is the only consistent answer: the atheist has to believe matter exists without explanation

Can you expand on this or recommend some books, videos etc

Book: The Meanest Man in Texas

Book: The Faith
It's about one of Nixon's aids sent to prison

Book: Wild at Heart
Required reading by the Michoacana Cartel
washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/07/09/AR2010070905154.html

U cant just be a christian by saying u believe in God.it might sound crazy but u actually hav to believe in it as the truth.

Sure, user, though I feel like I've only just begun exploring it all myself. In addition to CS Lewis, I've enjoyed The Case for Faith and Imagine Heaven. These are light but inspiring. Also, obviously, read the Bible with a prayerful, open heart. I'm sure someone else can recommend some weightier theological and historical apologetic material. I'm just getting into that stuff myself and don't feel qualified to advise about it yet.

What I have found is that since I truly began to seek Jesus in earnest, all these Christian ideas that used to seem like utter tripe to me have suddenly come to life. I really do feel that I have been granted "the eyes to see." This fact alone has deepened my faith, because I comprehend now that the information in the Bible is alive and that when you approach it sincerely and openly it unlocks something -- it's multidimensional.

Jesus tells us that his yoke is easy and his burden is light. It's true. Committing yourself to Christ is freeing. It's the opposite of oppressive -- it's a gift. I hope this helps.

I became christian like this:
1:Paladins from Warcraft 3. Justice and power. Cool! Well, many people believe in God, if no God exists, no problem, but if God exists, the faith is useful.
2:So many computer simulations, the reality may be a simulation, and who controls it, is named GOD! Yay
But wait, true god could lie in the bible... synthetic memory, hell waits everyone after we die, god is a massive troll, stuff like that, i don't like this, nothing is guaranteed.
3:I need a reason to put more effort in my life, in the name of science, that may expose any master of this reality... or may not...
4:I need a reason to put more effort in my life, and to remember the most reliable information, like mathematics; ok God is our friend, Satan is our foe, case closed

5:I see da joos everywhere, and all kinds of cancer attack Christianity, and that Deus Vult meme is epic, even Syrians have Christians and hate Judaism on par with Isis, my God, we have common enemies, let me serve you in any place, any time, any challenge, i want to serve you!

God gives his gifts ("Divine Grace") when we pray to Him with Faith user, I am a Traditional Roman Catholic and I became aware of God's Existence and presence through prayer, especially to The Virgin Mary, I found that She is real and truly comes to your assistance

There is another way... Have you considered joining the Church of Scientology. 70 million strong!

XENUUUUUU!!!

I believe in a real Devil. It's the only reason why evil exist.

If you understand the stories of Lucifer it makes perfect sense. It's like a civil war in the spiritual plain.

Lucifer thought himself so perfect he was better the God. God could have destroyed Lucifer at any time but then the angels would have had to follow him(God) through fear. So he allowed Lucifer to live so his angels had a choice in serving him or rejecting him..

Lucifer loses round one, cast out and corrupts mankind (short story version). Satan was the light bringer and why we gained advanced knowledge some 10000-15000 years ago. Think 2001 but the black monolith is Lucifer

A lot of biblical stuff happened but you have to interpret it in a real way like the flood. A big flood did happen in the middle east. It wasn't a entire earth flood.

Jews became evil, gave up the Torah, started writing and following the Talmud. Why all Jews are now Pharisees. Pharisaic Judaism = anti-Christ.

Jesus comes to save all mankind. Pharisees have him killed.

Satan could offer Jesus anything on this world in the desert because everything on this Earth is owned by Satan. This is why evil exist and is allowed, this is not God's playground.

It's why you are born into sin. The only way out of the devil's ownership is believing God will save you. Other then that you stay the devil's property. It's not because you are good or bad you go to hell, it's you are born as Satan's property. It's why works won't save you and only God's mercy can. Though it's better to be good then bad.

The way to God is simple you only need to believe in the the Old Roman Creed. It's the first start of Christianity.

The Bible is not that important most Christians could not even read for 1600 years or ever saw a bible. The Catholic Church pre vatican II is good for learning about Church history. Also read Martin Luther.

Try deism. Many intelligent men of history believed in this idea of God. Jesus is a myth and it is becoming more know if this fact. It is just like when Zeus was being exposed and humanity will move on.

When you say 'believing in Jesus', do you mean 'the messianic figure as described by the bible' which, although containing unicorns, dragons and magic spellcasting, you accept as a factual depiction of a real character that was a person, and also a demigod?

Why does accepting a premise, on shaky grounds no less- you can't call your sources particularly expansive or contemporary, neither are the feats described mundane or common,

why should accepting a premise matter?

If I was the devil, what I'd do is pass myself off as a saviour, and then say 'only through me can you achieve Nirvana' or whatever supernatural reward is supposedly up for grabs.

This seems like an easy trick for a devil to do, and since we can't investigate the Jesus story, even if its all legit as depicted, I don't know how I'd go about proving Jesus wasn't a devil trying to trick you.

If I was the devil, what I'd do is pass myself off as a saviour

Actually that is what is supposed to happen next. And most people will believe it.

>atheist crusade

>believing in Jewish tricks

The problem of 'evil' isn't an issue for this atheist, as 'evil' as I describe it is maliciousness with intent.
We don't need gods or monsters for this, people seem to do it just fine on their own.

The strongest argument for athiesm in MY deconversion is that magic isn't real.

Believing magic is real is kind of a requirement for religious faith, and, being able to investigate other false religions, being able to do tricks that aren't actually magic, I see no reason to assume that you should.

Thanks for the (you), I intend to put it away for a rainy day, but you're glossing the issue that matters. Not future saviors, we're talking about past saviors. If I can't find any means of proving that any given past savior wasn't the Devil, I don't see the point in discussing future ones.

I'm not claiming to be convinced in the existence of anything supernatural, I'm just describing an obstacle to a given messianic claim.

"Only through me!" says the trickster.
"Only through me!" says the savior.

What method do we employ to prove that the devil couldn't pass himself off as a savior character called jesus?

Only Muslims believe their holy book is directly given from god.
Even Mormons say their book is a translation.
Every other Abrahamic religion admits that scripture was written in inspiration of god.
There's entire denominations that don't necessarily believe in god and take an agnostic stance whilst attending mass.
Everyone should just read the bible, about ~70% of Christians admit to not having read it cover-to-cover.

I feel like atheists are either stupid agnostic people or full retarded people who don't understand science.
Claiming there's an alien space dad watching you masturbate is just as crazy as claiming there isn't one.
If an atheists believes in aliens(probably) then surely there are aliens waaaay more advanced than us.
Even if you took the bible at face value, you don't really have to do much to get into heaven.
"believe in jesus and I gib u heaven" John 3:16, Romans 10:9, Mark 16:16, etc.
I'd hedge my bets on not being a shitty person and hopefully space dad gibs me good afterlife.

Don't waste your time, OP. Christians worship the literal king of the Jews.

Life is magic.

My problem with atheist is they have nothing.

No answers for anything. All you got is I don't believe in higher powers.

Can you tell me how life came from nothing?

Nothing existed. But something caused a big bang and stuff to exist. Ok fine, let's say science.

But somehow life comes out of nowhere.
Made out of elements. A little bit of water, dirt and sunlight. What are the odd's? Ok we will say science.

Not only that this life survives. Are you fucking kidding me? Not only does life pop out of nowhere but it didn't just die.

And then we have to believe for some reason this single cell wants to be something more.
For real? It just decided it's going places. It decides it's going to be so much more. Like something gave it a purpose.

And then from a single cell it ends up to develop a conscious, from elements.
If god didn't create us, then we are god.

>Claiming there's an alien space dad >watching you masturbate is just as crazy as >claiming there isn't one
Gonna have to disagree with you there buddy.
You're also moving the goalposts,
its not claiming there isn't one, its not believing the claim that there is.

You're discounting the bet on 'anti-spacedad', whos like space-dad but with different values.

You're discounting the bet on 'space-dad b'.

You're discounting the bet on 'no afterlife'.

Pascals wager are a shit desu.

Don't understand SCIENCE?
Seriously, what the FUCK dood.

Discussions on metaphysical supernatural shit either
a) describes something we can investigate
b) does not

pick one.
If you picked b) its not science, its philosophy.

Are you versed in philosophy?

There are a lot of legitimate responses for some of these things from a Christian worldview.

To start with I believe in a single creator God because I observed from philosophy the flaws in the "scientific" atheist arguments and evidence. As far as Christianity, it has the strongest supernatural and historical evidence presented. It correlates with scientific discoveries (not conclusions scientists drawn from those discoveries) in biology and physics. Most of the evidence comes from the Bible, but it has to be checked and verified to be truth with historical and scientific investigation.

Responding to the problem of evil, I see that to even raise the question, most atheists have to presume an evil to begin with. This typically leads to a flaw in their belief system as a whole. They want to say that when a hurricane strikes and people are killed and misplaced it is evil, but they have no objective morality to stand on to begin with if there is no God. Thus to raise the question itself, they must concede that there is a God, they just don't like how things have played out here on earth. There are quite a few good apologists who can defend this point: Ravi Zacharias, Josh McDowell, Frank Turek are just a start. If you want a great paradigm shift in perspective of interpreting evidence scientifically, check out 'Is Genesis History?', a film that explains creationism from a young earth Christian perspective using modern science.

The tantamount to all of this is the pursuit of truth. If we were able to somehow prove that Jesus Christ never died and rose again as the scriptures say, I would be forced to give up my beliefs. In fact I should be pitied for having put my hope in a lie. Christians aren't irrational, we are looking for our purpose the same as everybody else. We have seen evidence which points us towards Jesus Christ as truth and are willing to put our faith in Him.

you do realize they were taking the piss saying you needed knee pads so you could deal with getting fucked in the ass... right?

Remember the fundamental turths of the christian god.

God is infinitely holy.

God is infinetly just

God loves you.

God is infintely holy. He transcends all mortal perception. His will brought order to chaos. Commanded the stars to shine and man to be.

God is infinetly just. He could not have automatons serve him for this would be slavery. So man was given free will and learned evil. Man was innocent but had the choice to not be. We were created with the power to defy God. And we did. In his infinite justice this betrayel is damnation.

But god is infinitely loving. He does not hate us even if we go astray. So he created an avatar through the virgin mary and incarnated himself as man that the divine may know the suffering of the mortals. And in that suffering take the sins of man upon himself that justice may be satisified and allow for grace.

The grace of forgiveness.

When people say Jesus saves they often leave out what exactly jesus saves man from. Jesus does not save us from sin. Not from evil. Not from the devil.

Jesus saves man from gods judgement.

Walk in grace OP.

>implying anyone likes bhodi except Bhodi
Bhodi please go.

>Life is magic.
You set a -really- low bar for gods.
Under these perameters, we could describe some means of me passing myself off as god.

>Can you tell me how life came from >nothing?
Can you tell me what a nothing is?
Can you show me a nothing?
Can I compare two different nothings?

Fuck that, you're asking me to explain life.
I can do that.

Do you need a god DIRECTLY INTERVENING THROUGH ALL STEPS, for, to take a given chemical reaction,
THE SUN TO BE HOT?

I want you to think about your answer here, because if you say he can 'take his hands off' the wheel, now that the suns good and hot already', then you've got a problem,

because now we've got chemical reactions that can occur without a god having to meddle directly.
Heat transfer, chemicals losing protons and nuetralizing each other.
STABLE CHEMICAL REACTIONS IN CHAINS.

If you can allow those to happen, without a god needing to 'meddle' in each step, then BOOM. You've got what you need for a precursor to a reaction that converts heat from the sun into more of that reaction, given the right chemicals.
Why is that a problem for you?
Because now you've got what you need to get a chlorophil cell, that makes more of the reaction, in a chain, that could become a colony of replicating chemical reactions, and a precursor to light-eating plants.

If you allow that plants occur, you've got basic life forms. If you allow those, with selective pressures, you've got thriving life forms.

Plants and insects are orders of magnitude removed, but you KNOW that carnivorous plants exist, those that eat bugs.

Is it impossible to believe that a plant could become something more complicated, like an ocean dwelling ameoba?

Shit.
You've got life from 'nothing', and god didn't have his hands on the wheel.

Look up fucking chlorophil, and how it works.
Tell my why that is impossible without a magic man meddling, I'm curious.

How would you prove that a magic man is needed for plants to be a stable chemical reaction?

God is not omnibenevolent yet. The Bible is pretty clear about that.
He is working on it though. Soon.

He fought the Jewish power and was killes by the Kikes. Poor shilling

You are aware the a portion of DNA is self-referential? In that, DNA tells itself how to read and write itself?

How did protein, by pure chance, arrange itself in a manner that allows it to read and write itself? This is an absolute prerequisite for life.
Bonus question: how are proteins made?

Have fun.

>The strongest argument for athiesm in MY deconversion is that magic isn't real.
The only reason you think magic isn't real is because you fell for the scientific materialism meme.
>magic is a supernatural phenomenon
>the supernatural does not exist only the natural
>if we can come up with a natural explanation for it it's not magic, therefore magic doesn't exist

What if everything you take for granted as normal is actually magic?
Your ancestors from five hundred years ago would think so if transported to the present day.

Simple; I recognize that evil isn't God's fault, it's people who make bad choices. Also God isn't nice or mean; He's the embodiment of truth and the world He made will fuck you up good no matter your beliefs if you try to ignore the truth or don't seek out truth in the first place, something which is actually a common thread in the Biblical narrative.

There, problem solved.

>by pure chance
exactly. you don't understand and underestimate randomness and time. loooooong periods of time for search spaces to be exhausted for usefel solutions

Not what i was implying. I said god was infinitely loving. Not infinitely benevolent. You can destroy something you love remember. God created a way for man to achieve forgiveness. He did not write a blank check.

I want to believe in santa claus is real.

>the flaws in the "scientific" atheist >arguments
>and evidence
At this point I should stop posting. Theres enough NZ flags here, I think discussing religion is stupid, and taints all who waste their time with it.

The atheist argument ISN'T AN ARGUMENT.
What part of NOT BELIEVING IMPOSSIBLE NONSENSE FOR NO GOOD REASON poses a problem for your position?
ALL OF IT?

> It correlates with scientific discoveries
Remind me when supernatural causation was ever discovered to be the outcome of any scientific investigation?

The pope said that germs are caused by evil spirits. Good thing I have faith, I don't need to look further!

>they have no objective morality to stand on
Neither do you. You have people pretending to speak for god.
Thats dishonest, and I don't think you should pay the men who do it.
It seems we disagree on this topic.

>If we were able to somehow prove that >Jesus Christ never died and rose again

Okay. My tone has been hostile, and I think you deserve some props.
You're able to describe a scenario wherein you'd accept new information to re-evaluate your position.

I think you deserve credit for that.
Are you a doctor? Were you able to investigate that Jesus did in fact rise again?
How did you investigate that claim?

You don't actually have to answer me, I'm being a little fascious here, because I think your answers wouldn't satisfy me.

Let me close;
"No god" is a claim, and carrys a burden of proof.
"God exists" is a claim, and carrys a burden of proof.
"I don't believe god exists (as you describe it)" is NOT a claim on anything other than belief, and does not carry a burden of proof.

If god exists, they would know that asking for faith is a TERRIBLE way of getting people to do what you want, as its a recipe for disaster to ask that the most unreliable method of getting to the truth around (faith) being a requirement for salvation,
and a god would KNOW that.
Metacosmic Hide and go seek.

Your assuming that God is taking His hands off the wheel when chemical reactions perform in chains. If He wrote the laws of physics themselves then he still hasn't taken his hands off the wheel, the law is still within his control to change or modify if He should so desire, or better yet for this example, He is holding the law in place to sustain those chemical reactions. That's why there are supernatural events which defy the natural order of the world, God is changing the rules of the physical universe as we know them. An example of this in your heat chain example would be the three men thrown into the furnace in Daniel 3. According to all natural laws they should have been burnt up, but God intervened in the natural law preventing that. How would we prove that a magic man is needed for plants to be a stable chemical reaction? Simple, the chemical reaction operates by a system of physical laws. These physical laws came from something non-physical, as we do not see any physical laws evolve (just our understanding of them). So if something outside the realm of space & time created laws for space & time it would make sense that it was intelligent, a God.

I think if you're an atheist and want to become enveloped in some kind of faith, you need to start practicing. Praying, rituals, Church. Whichever fits. Just try it and see. That's where I'm at, anyway.

So if god is sticking his metaphysical hand into the universe, as you claim, he gets contaminated by it.

His arm will come out dripping with time, and physics and matter.
Shit that can be investigated.

>That's why there are supernatural events
and yet we have yet to make a god-powered lamp, only a science powered one. How odd.

TL&DR pics or it didn't fucking happen. We're done here.

You're claiming a magic man is needed for physics, at which point a universe with or without god is indistinguishable for all intents and purposes.
I suppose my car is powered by petrol demons, eh, you backwards primitive savege?