Legend of the Galactic Heroes

Is it overrated?

Shit anime with shit fanbase, Code Geass is better

It isn't discussed enough to be called overrated, no.
I enjoyed it, though.

I'm with you. It is one of my favorite anime of all time. I think that it deserves its praise.

Thinking about getting back into the anime after watching it ~7 times already. Drunk as shit, gotta re-feel those deaths. I don't thing has topped Yang 's death. I think I'm gonna start at when Julian watches that documentary. Can anyone remember what episode # that was?

There were two documentaries, episode 56 (about Earth) and episode 40 (about Space Trump).

>Space Trump
Accurate

So what happened with the remake? Production hell?
>Space Trump
Goldenbaum was openly for eugenics though, Trump has been pretty okay with leftist degeneracy.

Friendly reminder that Bittenfeld is an offensive genius and the only reason he failed as an admiral was because he had no business being in that position in the first place. Putting him in charge of a smaller squad that focuses solely on charges and devastating offensive maneuvers would be a much better use of his talent. Further proof that people like Reinhard and Oberstein have important things they overlook and can make mistakes.

Don't worry, the AHCA will cull millions of undesirables.

It's one of the most intelligent anime, right up there with Steins;Gate.

I was trying to find every single fault when i first time watching it so i can trash it.
But it ended up being my favourite anime.

>what is animation

>steins;gate
>intelligent
don't forget they compressed their 100TB of data into a few bytes by using the LHC

It's popular so contrarian tags will find a way to shit in it just so they can seem cool and different. Just for asking that I think you need to fuck off

Why are the females chins so fucking huge?

The best game of life

What did he mean by this?

Too much talking about politics.
Got boring after 30 episodes.

It's been 10 years since I watched it. Is it just as good on a rewatch?

Where do I download it now that Nyaa is down? Is Scarywater still up, I think that's where I got it originally

Oberstein's own dog would only eat chicken, so Oberstein would channel his anger into punishing the rest of the galaxy.

Not overrated. It stands up to the criticism and rises above the accolades.

These a truly hard times that are upon us

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:5a1eca14b24b182cd479558357b0e361d8b4005e

I'm early for logh thread this time.

Logh fujo checking in

It's shit, don't watch it.

marry me

>I'm early for logh thread this time.
But will we reach 500 again or fizzle out overnight due to apathy and sleep?

Is it too soon to unleash the meming shitposts?

I like it a lot.
Guy definetely put a lot of research and time and care into writin it.
Once I was reading Caesar's Commentaries on the Civil War (I would highly recommend it,it's pretty good) and I got this LoGH vibe from it. I know it's unhealthy to immediately think of an anime, but that just shows that LoGH has actual thought put into it.
Or it can be a pure coincidence and I'm going mad.

How did this thing got actually made?
It's 120 episodes long, and it was avalible only as a laserdisc purchase.
Where did the money come from?

The thing about LoGH threads is if you try to have an actual discussion in the OP, the thread is going to get archived pretty quick because people don't post fast enough. But if overrated is somewhere in the OP, there are a bunch of free bumps from people who want to make sure you know how overrated or not overrated it is. fucking shit board

Wow, baiting people gets more responses. Colour me surprised.

Mail-order VHS tapes, targeted at fans of the original novels.

>tfw no good Roman anime
KyoAni remake of I, Claudius (but they're all cute girls) WHEN???

Were the fans really this faithful?
Amazing.

Enjoyment factor is very important while rating a show. Galactic Heroes has underwhelming enjoyability. So yes it's a overrated show. Can't cross 8/10 line by MALtard standard.

I hope it features the beautiful friendship between Gaius and Aulus.

Why couldn't Reuentahl just make peace?

Muh Pride > The Lives of Muh Men

I expected something more than "pride".

>Zu jeder Zeit, an jedem Ort, bleibt das Tun der Menschen das gleiche.
>(In every time, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same)

A democratic republican lawyer professor and FPA veteran was teaching a Free Planets Alliance class on Yang Wen-Li, known rebel.

"Before the class begins, you must get on your knees and worship Yang and accept that he was the most highly-evolved being the world has ever known, even greater than Reinhard von Müsel!"

At this moment, a visiting brave, patriotic, pro-monarchy Imperial Armed Forces admiral who had recaptured Iserlohn Fortress 15 times and understood the necessity of war and fully supported all military decisions made by the Galactic Empire stood and held up a bust of Arle Heinessen.

"What is the greatest known form of government?"

The arrogant professor smirked quite Phezzanily and smugly replied "A republican democracy, as created by the Heinessen in your hands."

"Wrong" said the admiral, as he crushed the bust into dust. "It’s been 500 years since Rudolf von Goldenbaum founded our Galactic Empire. If your system was worthwhile, as you say, then we wouldn't have defeated you so effortlessly in the Battle of Shiva."

The professor was visibly shaken, and dropped his frag and copy of the Riberty Berr. He stormed out of the room crying those liberal El Facil tears.

The students applauded and all registered Imperial Reconciliation that day and accepted baby Alexander as their lord and sovereign. A dog named "Paul von Oberstein" leaped into the admiral's arms, ate some chicken and did literally nothing wrong. The Imperial Pledge was read several times, and Silberberch's ghost showed up and enacted a flat tax rate across the galaxy. If only Kircheis had been there...

The professor lost his tenure and was fired the next day. He died in a Terraist attack and was tossed into Hel for all eternity while the legendary galactic heroes look down from Valhalla.

SIEG KAISER REINHARDO, HOFF KAISERIN HILDEGARDO

One of the best versions of this pasta I have ever read.

And I expected Reuental to not waste millions of lives pointlessly, but he surprised us both.

I'm sure he only wasted a few hundred thousand a max.
The FPA fleet had a 30 million in the offensive against the Empire.
But Oskar had around 20-30k ships.
And he didn't lose all of them. Just 80%~
The guards saying "These two thousand men will stand with you 'til death" was really touching.

Then I reccalled a false information.
Fuckhead lost Almost six million soldiers?
That is not how you fight a civil war. You should minimise casualties, so that you can use the enemy's supplies and manpower after your victory.

>you will never be this faithful

No.