Are you guys still good at finding things?

My friend Paul is a pilot and he's been missing since last Thursday night. Last known location was flying over Ruby Lake in Nevada. They searched there, but have found nothing. Was going from CA (shithole) towards Salt Lake City. If you guys can find a flag, I bet you can find a plane. Tail number is N499CR.

Other urls found in this thread:

clarionledger.com/story/news/local/2018/01/14/mississippi-native-missing-after-plane-crash-nevada/1032474001/
wvah.com/news/local/yeager-airport-closed-after-emergency-landing
fox13now.com/2018/01/13/divers-recover-bodies-of-missing-ogden-men-from-great-salt-lake/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Go back to r/flying

bump

My best guess, (As a private pilot), is he flew rigth into the side of a mountains to the west or east.

Probably tried climbing above but didn't have enough power. Once he realized he couldn't get up above he tried to turn back, stalled and crash down onto the side of the cliff.

Either that or he ran right into the hill because he couldn't see it.

Found a news story.

clarionledger.com/story/news/local/2018/01/14/mississippi-native-missing-after-plane-crash-nevada/1032474001/

He's dead dude. RIP

Also, the tail number you have is for a airplane based out of the East. Lats time it flew was January 4th. It was a twin engine and had plenty of power to make it over those mountains so I think you're mistaken.

That's the aircraft. Seems to have landed with no gear at some point hahaha.

Seems like the plane had trouble before - January 4th 2018 - "Just after 5 p.m., a twin-engine Piper Aztec aircraft with the tail number N499CR landed without a landing gear after it reported an engine failure," - wvah.com/news/local/yeager-airport-closed-after-emergency-landing

Seems like one of the engines failed. The gear came down but collapsed after landing.

With the flag, there were clues in the live stream that we could look for.

It's not like we can move satellites and Google earth doesnt deliver real time images.

I am sorry for the loss of your friend. I assume that they have searched for the ELT.

uh oh

>The pilot, a 26-year-old from Mississippi, contacted the airport around 8:30 p.m. Thursday and said his plane was icing up.

AHAHAHAHA!!!!

>AHAHAHAHA!!!!
What is so funny?

His name is, (was cause he's fucking dead now), Paul Graham. He bit off way more than he could chew when he went flying in a snowstorm at night.

Do you think the planes previous engine failure on jan 4th had anything to do with it ?

Light GA piston twins don't have any anti-icing or de-icing features. You just have to stay out of icing conditions or get out of them quickly if you accidentally end up in icing conditions.

fox13now.com/2018/01/13/divers-recover-bodies-of-missing-ogden-men-from-great-salt-lake/

The guy disappeared in that aircraft?

He's dead. There's nothing to find.

IDK, I am genuinely incredulous that the same plane could have been repaired and legally been certified as airworthy in just 10 days after a landing gear failure, an engine failure, and a belly landing.

I am sure that the FAA is checking on all of this anyway.

Paul Graham tweets out Ben Shapiro and stuff. I'd be willing ot say he was /ourpilot/

>Ruby lake
He's getting assfucked by ayys nigga