Tenchi Muyo! Appreciation

We all wanna be Tenchi.

In case you want to get into the series, here's CANON watch order:

Tenchi Muyo: Ryo Ohki OVA series 1, 2, 3
Tenchi Muyo: GXP
Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari (War on Geminar)

More on the watch order: anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=rel&aid=409

Who's best girl and why is it Ryouko?

OVA 4 is releasing way too god damn slowly. Also figures when?

Any Tenchi manga recommendations that are scanlated?

Nobody?

Remember when this series used to be good? Kajishima doesn't.

>Who's best girl and why is it Ryouko?
You're close, but wrong, it's Washu.

What happened?

There's been little focus on the space battles and stuff like that, and more fleshing out of Tenchi's family.
Also some people, if you can call them that, are salty that Kajishima is going with an actual harem end instead of just Ryoko.

I love the worldbuilding, personally, but it would be so much better if Tenchi had a fucking sword fight every once in a while.

It's his creation. Let him do what he wants. I had originally thought going into this that this was a harem. Although a harem ending does sound ehh... I can live with it.

Opinion of OVA 4 so far?

I like it but I want to see the original cast be more dynamic.

Too much GXP shit. Did we really need to spend half an episode on random bitches trying to get Kiriko's mom to boink Seina?

What's wrong with GXP?

Maybe half an episode of GXP, but not the OVA series.

Ryoko in pantyhose, hnnnnnngh.

This is why we should have gotten more Isekai instead. At least the staff there knew to keep the focus on the main crew and not let other series butt in.

Ryoko in general

>actual harem end
And this is why it's glorious. I mean, it's obvious who main wife would be but come on, free love for all is solution to obvious problem here. What really would change, except for cabbits amount of sex, really?
Oh yes.
Also, this. And flashbacks would allow for Tenchi's gang to show from time to time.

I love Ryoko, but the series was ruined over 10 years ago.

I finally get to fap to my new high test tomboy waifu

>I mean, it's obvious who main wife would be
Not main wife, Head wife. Think "First Among Equals".

Cabba will have his harem of saiyan women

Cabba is Tenchi.

Caulifla is totally Ryoko, she's literally a space criminal/pirate.

Wtf is up with Washus eye?

General consensus seems to be that the series is a shell of it's former self. As someone who's literally watching the first episode, and planned to watch all available series. I'm worried.

Real order:

Tenchi Muyo OVA 1+2
Tenchi Muyo TV
Shin Tenchi Muyo

Thats it. All on Toonami, like 15 years ago.

Tenchi Muyo episodes 1-13

Tenchi Universe (starts over, spin off, different origin stories but character personalities all the same, 26 episodes)

Tenchi movies 1, 2 (both are canonically Tenchi Universe setting)

Tenchi in Tokyo gets alot of undeserved hate, but it's clearly nowhere near as good as the previous shit, 26 episodes

Tenchi movie 3 canonically Tenchi Universe, still worth watching IMO but no action

Everything else with the Tenchi name on it is garbage.

The issue is that two of the three creators don't give a fuck anymore.
Negishi, the director of the first OVA season came back for Ai! Tenchi Muyo, and it was god awful because Kajishima wasn't involved at all.
I don't know what Hasegawa did after Tenchi Muyo.

Well then I guess I'll just watch the OVA. I'm looking for a good franchise to settle into. So far MSG's is complicated as hell. I might do Macross. Can't think of anything else.

what about Dual!

Just stick to the main series which are the OVAs.

Yeah, it's nice that it's a happy harem, but OVA4 has just been too goddamn civilized

Watch the first two OVA seasons, then GXP, OVA 3, Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari, and OVA 4.
Watch Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure before GXP if you want the full package, even though it doesn't have any of the Tenchi cast in it.
And the GXP novels that Kajishima wrote after he was disappointed with the anime are being translated, but the guy is using Google Translate, so I'm not sure if he's going through and editing it afterwards.

Tenchi Universe is separate, and the characterization is inferior to the OVAs, but it's still fun.
Ai! TM, and Tenchi in Tokyo are hot garbage, so avoid those.
Watch Pretty Sammy if you have a hard on for Sasami or Mahou Shoujo, and be aware that a new series is in the pipleline.

THEN, go look up Kajishima's doujinshi. He doesn't solely own the rights to the franchise, so he has to get by with doujins until he can get a new season greenlit.
He's the only one who gives a shit about the series anymore, and it's his passion project, so he's been putting stuff out steadily for the last 20 odd years.

>So far MSG's is complicated as hell
You think so?
What is it that befuddles you?