Evangelion

Why did Shinji see Rei during this scene?

Cus Rei is God

He was schizophrenic. Everything happened in his mind.

Because this happened before.

that's the omnipotent rei from EoE who came to see him for some reason

This is all in your head Luigi

Because it was the beginning of the story.

Rei is an ayy lmao

Did Shinji see Rei or did Rei see you?

Time loop.

That is the avatar of Lilith(Rei eventually).

Remember that Shinji sees her also float atop the red sea after EoE.

It's like wink.

Here's the start, here's the end.

these

and also because she is best girl

If she didn't witness him, he wouldn't loop. Maybe she valued him enough to witness before anything could possibly go wrong (maybe there's a timeline where Sachiel steps on him and she's keen on ensuring he makes it to Instrumentality).

During EoE, when the third impact was just about to happen, everyone whos about to die/dying get to see rei.
shinji got squished by the angel instead of misato saving him. Third impact occured shortly after as rei couldnt defeat it

fuck you

>best girl
>isn't even a person

Fuyutsuki, did I tell you that I can fit my whole arm inside Rei's shitbox now?
The old men of SEELE won't be pleased.

I've never understood anyone having their waifus from eva. The women are all generally pretty shitty people. Rei isnt even a person so I dont count her.

i've never understood why people demonize the eva women, any of them. they have to deal with shit and they falter, because they aren't perfect beings

and personhood =/= humanity
and both definitions she fits because she's literally the all-mother OF humanity in that show

The only reason why Eva girls are so disputed over is because they're all pretty shit waifus

Nice digits
The women in Eva are extremely well-written but they aren't meant for dating. I don't think they're bad people either.

>aren't meant for dating
I assume most waifu fags (that actually give a damn about their story) would like to heal the broken cute girls

Or are just as broken themselves.

they are phenomenally well-written characters when it comes to anime girls. I still have a crush on asuka after all these years. they are popular because they are the first characters with a good combination of artwork and depth that people run into.

remember Sup Forums might not exist if asuka never existed.

So you're telling me I might have a life if Asuka never existed

there are many realities. this is the one you wished for
>n-no! it's b-because no one saved me!!1!
no one can save you. this is what you wished for. this is reality.

Stop roleplaying.

foreshadowing

There is a reason why Anno fucking hates eva fandom. Imagine how many people got sucked into otaku life by eva, a story that was supposed to have the exact fucking opposite effect.
How many lifes ruined by what was supposed to he a fucking self help story.

>becoming a normalfag is analogous to self-help
More like self-harm.

Tell that to Anno.

GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT

Would you have gotten in the robot?

Right after i got in pic related

Would you have gotten the opportunity to be stabbed in the eye, impaled in the stomach, boiled alive, witness your best friend get maimed, swallowed whole by eldritch abominations, spat out because another eldritch abomination who just happened to be your mom wanted to save you, etc. etc.

>He was schizophrenic.
I can kinda see it. He doesn't say a word to anybody about this, the presence inside his eva, the voices he starts hearing outside of it, whatever it is he experiences during berserks, the inside of Rei's eva, and Misato's report to the committee suggests he plain lied about the angel that tried to talk to him. He looks like he has experience hiding symptoms. But he didn't imagine the events of the series.

Toji could have escaped physically unharmed if shinji had the balls to do it.

She would have too - because the kids might die at any moment. No way she wouldn't have. The kind of danger they were in, they would be fucking like no other at the insistence of their handlers around them.

Immediately after that Shinji hijacked Eva-01 and was ready to kill a few hundred people. He'd fight anything he was mad at, his dumb baby prioritizing was the problem. Misato had to be concussed under rubble for the scene to occur because refocusing Shinji on the Angel and its hostage's only chance of rescue is exactly her.

you cant heal autism and asuka is like irl schizo

misato a best out of crazy bitches

i just realized, why is shinji the only crazy male. Gendo is (mostly) fine and so are the other guys but ancillary females like ritsuka are off kilter like the main cast

Gendo was functional, no stage of The Scenario was sane. And then he didn't have any second thoughts about the whole thing when Eva-01 turned on him and Shinji proved humans could return from cores if they wanted to.

lol just because he didn't like the otaku lifestyle doesn't mean other people don't flourish in it.

Because Shinji died

Because the Eva girls are realistically written like real people. Having an Eva waifu means that you value realism and aren't getting caught up in the escapism of otaku culture, just as Anno wanted of us.

>you have Terminal 7 brain cancer. I don't even know what that means, but it's bad.

>Shinji is the only crazy male
>Gendo is mostly fine

Gendo is literally end-stage Shinji

You losers, Anno doesnt hate 'otaku' because he IS otaku and proud of it
He's disappointed in how so many otaku only make their otaku-ism the only part of themselves. How they purposely make themselves one-dimensional and are prone to self-imposed autism

>the Eva girls are realistically written like real people