What does Sup Forums think of Eureka Seven?

What does Sup Forums think of Eureka Seven?

I never came so hard in my life.

AO is shit.

>AO is shit.
What the fuck went wrong with that show?

Best anime of all time. A fact which really underscores how bad AO was.

original series is top notch overall despite some parts that are slow that people complain about.

the movie was not great.
Ao was poor, and more unforgivably, ruined the first series' happy ending.

Don't know enough about upcoming trilogy to have positive or negative anticipation yet.

What's up with AO? Never seen it.

I think that CHERRY BLOSSOM CHERRY BLOSSOM

It basically completely shits over the themes in the original.

Most of the episodes either revolved around the MC's dark skinned hippy supergirl powered by scub, an evil half-coralian who was edgy because he came from the far future where there were other coralians, a blonde girl who's relationship went nowhere, or a girl Eureka accidentally(?) brought to the show's time period.

Shits the bed harder when the MC gets a gun that retroactively erases something from existence. He shoots most of the coralian to make it so that he doesn't exist because he would've never been born if Eureka's first child hadn't been a rock because of the over abundance of trapar waves.

It wasn't that great but the animation was good

>Shits the bed harder when the MC gets a gun that retroactively erases something from existence.
Jesus christ. I actually forgot that was a real thing. A literal retcannon. You're digging up painful memories user. I remember being so excited for Ao back in the day.

Possibly everything.

Had semi high production values, everything else is shit.

The anime that got me into anime. I still love to marathon it to these days. God tier OP's , really hated Ao, movie wasn't anything special and I'm not excited about another retelling in the movie trilogy but I'm happy the series hasn't been forgotten.

>He shoots most of the coralian to make it so that he doesn't exist because he would've never been born if Eureka's first child hadn't been a rock because of the over abundance of trapar waves.
What? Explain further, that sounds ridiculous.

Needed a hot springs episode

its exactly like it sounds, it runs off some crystal meme they get from killing the scub things. then it just unexists things

No matter how stupid it or it's spinoffs and sequels got I was still a cute love story with God-tier OPs

It's probably my favourite anime. At least top 3.

It's shit. Charles and Ray Beams deserved to be in a better anime.

very good show, solid plot, art, music, direction, not extremely good, but still very good

I just read some plot synopsis and it doesn't sound too bad, although I can't wrap my head around the time fuckery and why Renton is being stupid.

It was one of the earlier formulaic fill in the blanks anime. Holland Novak is a grade A creepy bastard. He's up there with Gendou. The anime doesn't fall apart at any point really and I don't remember there being any unnecessary tangents. 6/10 - Holland is an asshole. It's entertaining enough white noise that didn't "Feel" like 50 episodes.

The more anime I watch the more I realize how much better than the mean shit like Eureka Seven was.

If AO had been a stand alone series, it would have been okay, though disappointing towards the end with the lack of payoff from all the plot threads and the OP douchebag villain with vague motivations.

It's a cannon that erases whatever scub is shot with it from spacetime. It not only ceases to exists, it never existed period, and therefore had no effects and is not remembered, leading conversations like "who are those pilots you're talking about, I've never heard of them"?

Something tells me I should be glad I've only watched the original. I did try watching that film where Renton and Eureka had known each other since they were children. I gave up without finishing it since I couldn't fathom why I'd want to watch the same story compressed to one film with major story elements drastically changed.

The original series was top-tier imo.

It's my favorite anime.Loved how the relationship between Renton and Eureka worked, they genuinely care about each other and try to understand how the other feels, but they still have fights pretty frequently.

I can totally think of things that triggered someone out there though
>Holland being an asshole
>No one explaining anything to Renton until like 3X episodes in
>The kids
>Eureka looking like shit for half the series

It's frustrating, because there are good elements to AO, like kawaii pregnant Eureka, but it shits itself and the original so often and thoroughly I can't recommend that you wade into it for the good bits.

It was a really great show IMO, but you're right. Charles and Ray deserved better.

Eureka being a welfare queen was the funniest shit I saw, it was basically Japan passive aggressively making fun of US single mothers.

The movie and AO were much better than the first series, only fake mecha fans disagree

>Adult Renton has the same voice as Holland

Not enough considering they're making yet another sequel/prequel/spinoff.

I think the movie is interesting enough as a concept because it plays around with certain plot points from the show, like how Dewey is an actual pedophile . Also you get to see TsundEureka which is cute

I haven't watched AO. Does it at least have a good soundtrack?

Nope, Elena was actually just a normal girl from that timeline who somehow got sucked into a hole to the future, saw Renton and Eureka's moon, then got sent back to her timeline by Eureka. But because she saw that she really wanted to have a love that matched it, and experience all the trapar and LFO shit that she saw. That's why she tried to romance Ao and bring about a reality where scub would remain on Earth, and why she starts fighting Ao late series to get him to stop using the retgun.

One thing I did enjoy about Ao was how it handled the harem by shooting it all down in the space of 1 episode. Delicious brown girl Naru is just an older sister to him, even though it acted like he wanted her so bad early in the show and was heartbroken when she joined Truth; Elena was just some crazy brown girl that Ao considers a friend pic-related, it's what happens when he confesses to her, and Fleur ends up being the reason why Ao comes back in the epilogue after time/space traveling to hundreds of alternate dimensions to remove scub.

If it overwrites/ignores/nullifies AO, I'm okay with this.

You seriously missed out. You will never enjoy the endless screams of
>DEWEY WAS RIGHT
with Sup Forums.

Basically, Human-Coralian hybrids turn into coral in areas of high trapar concentration, like the Eureka Seven world, meaning that Renton and Eureka's first baby dies of petrification in the womb. Renton decides to go on a quest eradicating skub so that Eureka can have a baby, but this causes the entire world to start dying because their entire society depends on trapar to power everything. You even see Talho's withered corpse during a scene where Renton is walking the remains of their world where all the Skub has died or decided to travel back in time to continue living.

>Talho's withered corpse
stop making up BS, that was not Talho

There will never be a drawfag better than the AO drawbro, and no better thread chain than the delusions threads that imagined a better story.

Here's Ao's sister.

>DEWEY WAS RIGHT
Pretty funny desu, makes me want to watch it

This sounds like it was written to purposefully piss off Eureka Seven fans. That doesn't even sound that bad if it were completely independent of the original series.

It was definitely meant to resemble her and make you think of her. It had the same hair, it had a baby, and the kid was holding a mini-Gekko-go.

evangelion clone but less intellectually stimulating

IDK about ao, but it's good because it captures a good atmosphere of sci-fi surf culture. Much fresher than tired shit around modern Japan, medieval, generic fantasy, generic space.

And then it tacked on a decent adventure story, so it was pretty dope overall

>evangelion clone
people like to say this but aside from eureka's initial archetype, and some of the visuals used in the final battle there are virtually no similarities between eva and Eureka seven.

He literally was. The solution to all of AO's problems was to genocide the scub to save humanity.

I held on for almost twenty episodes.

I seriously thought they were just having a bit of a identity crisis and it would solidify into something good.

In the end, I blocked it out and it made Star Driver and Captain Earth better by comparison.

We doing this again? I'm up for it.

Gotta admit, getting friendzoned so hard your helmet feels bad for you was pretty great.

It's a good show but not amazing. I plan on watching AO because it can't possibly be worse than SEED Destiny

Considering the bullshit they pulled, It's very possible it's both. There's no indicator how many jumps Renton's been on, nor the number of universes involved

The soundtrack matches the original. However, it more or less mocks you. Stoner's speech about the nature of memories from the original is spot on: The songs mean very little because there's no good material to remember with the songs.

The only ones that are going to stick with you are the LFO themes and the early combat music, everything else just melts away.

Pity too, there's a half decent Niji homage/remix.

>It's a good show but not amazing
>I plan on watching AO because it can't possibly be worse than SEED Destiny
These are incompatible statements

Friend gave it to me on a disc that I played on my PS3 back in highschool and I got pretty hooked on it. I should give it a rewatch one of these days.

It's very good but Rahxephon is better.

The whole "surfing robot" thing is too juvenile for me. Like....I understand it has good reviews and all that, and it might be the most well written show about surfing robots in the world, BUT. I can't take "surfing robots" seriously. Its like they made it for 10 year old boys, if that.

I liked Holland and Talho or whatever and that couple who took in Renton for the episode.

The surfing mecha thing is meant to add dynamic movement to combat.

Otherwise you end up with CG R2.

It's also narratively useful to explain why talented or intuitive pilots can outperform trained soldiers: There's a significant skill ceiling to LFO piloting.

Finally, it's great visual shorthand: Gekkostate are tree huggers, so they ride with the Trapar, The military units try to exert control against it using the long boards and large ships. THEEND proves if you pour enough resources into your archtype, you actually can more or less ignore conditions. The Broadspears are no nonsense, risking nothing for rock-solid performance.

I liked dominic and anemone.
first season was great,
AO not so much, but it was nice seeing eureka again in AO

Marvelous post user, every time there's a thread like this I get the urge to rewatch E7.

I saw the full serie and I still without be Weeaboo.
I never get why Eureka and Anemone had the same kind of eyes.

Anemone is artificially modified to link to the Coral. If Eureka is a Coralian designed to interface with Humanity, Anemone is a human designed to interface with the Coral.

Dewey has likely killed hundreds of war orphans in her development. She remains the only success. It doesn't matter to him because he only has one thing to say to the Coral: "Fuck all you, you're going down with us."

good animu with a great OST
AO a shit

Dewey was a Pedo?
Why Anemone loves a lot strawberry jam?
Eureka had a kind of autism?
Maurice wanted to fuck his mom?
Those SMG that we saw on the anime was HK53 or HK33?
If I want to fuck Eureka that make me a pedo?

literally my #1

movie and recaps were whatever
AO is shit

Yes
She's royally fucked up with her drugs and socialization, she sees no reason to enjoy her favorite "properly". Also visually linked to her bloody noses.
Eureka had Out of Context issues: She's the closest thing to human that the Coral could make. Her whole job was to close that distance.
Maurice wanted to kill his mom. Children have severe difficulties handling mixed emotions.
Being raised by the woman that massacred your city is a bit beyond the power of imprinting.
No fucking idea; I'd bet it doesn't line up with a specific model.
Yes user, unless you're talking about MILF Eureka, who is technically fair game, but also heresy of the highest order.

It doesn't even crib its symbolism from the same religion.