This nigga

This nigga

>Im the Armored Titan and this guy is Colossal
>Wha...
>FUGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Did this surprise anybody? I saw this coming the moment I saw Reiner's hair on the armored titan.

has reiner been drinking again

>if dis nigga don't shut the fuck up

This is the face of a man who knows Reiner just got him fucking killed

>>Just give me the word, Eren, and I will kill these 2 mutherfuckas in a sec

They are not only traitors to their own kin, they're also retarded.
No wonder they're happy living as dog for their oppressors.

>that forced flashback to make it seem like they're not retards who didn't notice the most obvious shit ever

It was the right call to take Eren, but executed poorly.

They were either gonna be subject to torture from Military Police or killed by Monkey Trouble for failing their mission.

All these animeonlyfags on Sup Forums. Go fucking read the manga instead if making your stupid assumptions

So basically Reiner just straight absolutely fucked everything up by telling Eren, right?

It seemed so completely unnecessary to tell Eren the truth at this moment and he regretted it instantly.

don't panic

not really, they were about to be captured

Yeah he fucked up. I guess he was desperate after seeing Ymir transform and it reminded him of his goals. Just decided to plow through the consequences all at once.

>So basically Reiner just straight absolutely fucked everything up by telling Eren, right?
>It seemed so completely unnecessary to tell Eren the truth at this moment and he regretted it instantly.
Yeah. Even with his cover already being blown set aside, his argument would never have worked on Eren. Literally anyone else it might have but the problem is that Eren saw what they did first hand - which is probably the one thing that slipped his mind in the moment. And in that meta-moment after the reveal Eren basically says exactly that when trying to give him a way out.

On the other hand, when you consider that they were about to be captured anyway... He ended up doing the right thing for the wrong reason.

We'll find out in two episodes (seems likely that the cliff hanger next episode will be Mikasa and Arming waking up with Eren captured) that Reiner has serious mental issues.

But they didn't know that. And there were a billion better ways to do that scene than the way it happened.

Eren's Titan form has long hair.

classic

Reiner is just about Emiya Shirou-level of mentally insane, he's doing it with the mindset he's had the past 3 years training alongside these guys as their close friend, and that they will just accept it as any other shit he's said before. That's why the reveal is done in the most nonsensical way possible, because otherwise Reiner's nonsense of coming out with it out of nowhere isn't conveyed properly.

Reiners nonsense comes from him not wanting to risk his life there anymore

He just wants to fuck off and hopes that Eren somehow will come with them without causing a scene.

>didan
Always gets me

>and hopes that Eren somehow will come with them without causing a scene
Reiner was full "Soldier" mode on top of the wall, I don't think he was ever expecting Eren to make any scene, he was just expecting Eren to come along as his good ol' training buddy and follow Reiner merrily to his hometown.

yeah and remember shortly after this Reiner will start talking about the military giving him a promotion and he's talking about the wall military. Meanwhile Bort, Ymir, and Eren are all just staring at him like he grew a second head.

>it reminded him of his goals.
of destroying humanity? because i don't think taking Eren back had anything to do with their original plan.

Read the manga.

>Anime only plebs talking about plot related shit

WEW LAD

it's too bad this anime's material is a rancid piece of shit, because that scene is FUCKING AMAZING

At least one of those had to have read the manga to make reference to Marley

What episode?

There's no way the anime will have a satisfying ending at he point. It seems that everything is moving too fast.

Now everybody is a fucking titan. WTF.

IN MY HUMBLE AND MOST HONEST OPINION. THE LAST SCENE BUILDING UP TO THE TRANSFORMATION AND "FIGHT" with Mikasa is one of the best anime scenes of all time (of its kind).

It gives goosebumps even on the 10th or 20th rewatch. Maybe it's just me. But personally that's what I think and I can only hope that others have enjoyed it as much as I have.

It's because it's built up nicely and for once instead of retards standing around watching it happen, someone DOES something. Plus the music is pretty good too

>anime only secondaries

out out out

Is the OST.

this. i just said it here but i was blown the fuck away by the writing chops there (the concept of the scene), along with the music and animation. it's a damn shame the creator can't create a cohesive narrative with characters worth giving a shit about.

I don't know how I should read that comment. But it's one of the "few" moments where EVERYTHING in the entire scene is composed so perfectly together. I imagine it wasn't as great for manga readers. But I was geniunly in awe over everything. Usually I cringe at character flashbacks when Eren was thinking about Reiner and Bert but even that was well done. Dialogue was great, animation was great, sound was great and OST was also great.

How can anyone fucking complain. Anything worth complaining about is maybe 3D colossal but in all honesty it was executed fairly okay.

>everyone is a didan fugggg :DDD
Explain this, AoTards.

>anime only secondaries

out out out

>dude, you gotta read it in 1950's black and white XD

no thanks, i'm from 2017

obviously AoT follows a different form of narrative rather than the traditional anime in terms of character building and story telling (such as the huge timeskips, the sudden introduction of new but very important characters) which in some perspective is "shit".

I think this kind of storytelling gives the incentive that one should be interested with the "lore" and the story of the universe rather than the characters. Personally I'm more interested in the mysterious parts of the anime rather than Eren genereic MC and Mikasa generic OP character etc.

like a fucking broken record guys.

Why would I ever read the manga of a heavily action filled and animation heavy anime when I can just wait for the anime to come out to watch it in glory instead of black/white drawings.

To be honest panels are sometimes much more impactful. Manga has the advantage of speech/though bubbles whereas anime has the advantage of motion and sound. colour doesn't really matter.

The way he just tells Eren when everyone is behind him they're both Titans is still fucking funny.

I don't know if the author intended it to be this funny but god damn.

"We destroyed the wall oh and by the way we're the Armored and Colossal Titan." Jesus.

Feels like Isayama didn't know how to advance the plot. What would've happened if they didn't spill the beans there and then?

Probably the same wouldn't it, I mean they were suspected anyway and told to play it cool but it was just how they tried to create a serious scene and then he blurts it out so casually like Eren knows about it and will follow him.

Literally everyone is a Titan

Friendly reminder that Eren will never notice her and she'll die a virgin

WIT had guests animators from Kemono Friends?

>anime then
>anime now
What the fuck happened?

A mere stylistic choice, Colossal is still hand drawn in certain scenes.

actually his retarded outburst probably saved them

I think there are some pretty interesting characters here and there though, like Reiner, Ymir or Historia who'll get a lot of focus in the next arc.

>original plan
Their whole plan was to take Eren back, they just didn't know it at that time.

>Literal holocaust
This is getting ridiculous

mangas art is objectively shit.

hmm yes that CGI CT was quite nice

There is nothing wrong with gassing potential monsters who oppressed man for so long.

>people complaining about a decently animated cgi colossal titan
>not complaining about the disgusting wavering cgi flags

Colossal looked like a video game sprite. Flags weren't that bad and didn't stand out as much.

>complaining about ANYTHING in that scene

this just proves Sup Forums doesn't have taste

>yo eren we're the titans you wanted to kill, wanna be buddies?
>what are you, fucking retarded?
>oh no

Isayama showed us that he had a huge setting planned, rich with backstories and lore.
Every character choice so far was carefully considered and there are so many little details that you wouldn't notice the first time reading, but make sense when you know more information (i.e. reiner's words in this episode can only be fully understood if you've read the latest manga chapters and trust me if you know what he's saying the scene has a very different meaning)

This is VERY good writing and just by being political and strategic rather than action/horror (yep the manga has left that behind forever) it is scaring away most plebs right when it's reaching it's highest point so far, which is ironic.

Way to go Isayama

I didn't really think the anime reveal was. Maybe it was shock factor of manga reveal, or cutscene.

Mikasa came slicing about 10 seconds too late

The setting is compelling but the characters aren't. Eren, Armin, and Mikasa (and Levi) simply don't have the likability to carry the narrative. I wouldn't bat an eyelid if any of them died. This would be fine if he gave the side cast screen time, but Jean Connie and Sasha are basically nonentities while Bert and Annie are written out/dead.

He wrote an entire "historia arc" except it doesn't include Ymir and then he killed Ymir off in a different country. I'm not even some /u/fag but Historia essentially only had an developed relationship with her among the entire cast and he just ignored it.

what the fuck

> watch it in glory instead of black/white drawings
i think youre suffering from aspergers or autism

kek

Fuck off, cancerous tripfag.

this is why i dropped it S1, E5

This season will end on ch 51, which is a fine stopping place for the season.

Their plan was to take Eren from the start. Why do you think they went through the effort of infiltrating instead of running a gauntlet on the walls? Who the fuck was going to stop them?

This. Too bad animeonlyfags are gonna be pissed as it will only raise more questions, and the basement reveal won't be in it.

Bert didn't deserve this. Reiner should have just kept his fucking mouh shut back then.

Good.
We had to wait years for the basement so they should too.

While true, they could have just destroyed the remaining walls the second they knew Eren was the coordinate, then kidnap him in the ensuing chaos
Worst case scenario is that Eren eventually gets eaten and they kidnap the one that eats him.

I always loved it.
It's your first realization at how batshit insane Reiner was, as before he just seemed weird sometimes.

Chapter 94 when?

>good writing like SnK scares weebs
>Shit writing like SAO attracts them
There's gotta be a name for this.

how dafuq can you even capture the Colossal Titan doe?

Holy shit how new are you?

>this thread

The manga up til Bert's death can basically be seen as a sitcom where Bert is the honest hard working guy that does his best and Reiner is the clumsy friend that always gets them in shit that Bert is affected more by.

>Reiner loses the jaw titan for them because he hesitated seeing Ymir
>Couldn't beat Eren without Bert's help, and they were forced to retreat the first time
>Pesters the fuck out of Armin for Eren's location during the Annie chase when the false info was done specifically to root out traitors
>Tells Eren their secret
>Takes Ymir despite her being a liability to the mission at hand
>Falls for the bait during the final wall assault which gets his head blown off
>Forces Bert to come save him, which gets Bert killed
>Now he's giving the AT to a shitty 'done' like him instead of the perfect warrior

But it's okay because he was a good friend

The colossal titan can't climb or jump
If you make him go titan mode underground and surround him he's fucked.

This was one of the main strategies when trying to capture / kill Bert and Reiner. Get Bert inside the walls so he'd be trapped

Ymir and pieck's titan modes seem pretty weak.
Their only advantage is keeping human intelligence.

Most Titans have that. The only ones that can't speak are the attack, armored, and colossal.

The jaw titan seems to have strong limbs such that it can lunge long distances at really high speeds to bite. The cart titan is nice because it can lift very large weighted objects and is by far the most mobile of the titans.

It can't climb or destroy the walls, it can only release defensive steam for a set period of time, doing so makes it's body mass smaller making it easier to take down. This is how they capture him in the manga. Armin tricks him into shooting out a fuckton of steam (getting burned alive in the process) then when he's all out Eren rips Bert out in one slice. Had they been inside the walls (the entire military instead of just the SL) or underground (obvious reasons) it'd be over quickly.

Didn't they show that Pieck is fast as fuck because her titan runs on all fours? I remember her grabbing both Zeke and Reiner so fast that nobody could do shit.

She could have saved them a lot of trouble in the future if she didn't hesitate.

Okay,...haven't read the manga yet nor do I know how close the animu will be sticking to it, but....wow, okay neat reveal this season. Its notable that some Titan forms look similar to their human version like Reiner and Annie, yet others like Berthold, Ymir, and even Eren for that matter look significantly different? I wonder if there is an explanation for that, as well as what particular titan form/power someone has.

However, I can't understand why Eren, if nobody else, didn't just fucking talk to/go along with Reiner/Bert. Especially given that everyone is cool with Eren's titan form, at least somewhat, now even Ymir was treated as a hero instead of a traitor despite people of course having some questions etc... so why not fucking talk to Reiner instead of doing something that makes him snap and feel there's no way out but transforming? He just gave Eren some great info (ie there is a "hometown" of intelligent titans) and literally said "Hey we actually don't need to wipe out humanity, there might be another way".. isn't that maybe just important enough not to fuck up? Not to mention of course Eren knowing of his missing Dad, the "injection" when he was young, and answers locked in his old basement. This is even worse than the previous episode with the guy who sniffs all the time being disabled by the Beast Titan who actually talks to him etc... and he doesn't fucking talk back, causing the Beast to let him die as he's useless etc. Fuck!

Viz scans when goys?

The thing is ApT is great even without the most interesting characters, the appeal lies in the plot points, climaxs ideas and concepts it presents. It's a strong narrative with so so characters and even still a lot of people's are infatuated with them.

>yet others like Berthold
Golossal didan is literally Bert without skin, he has his long curved nose, long head, and hell, Bert is the tallest in the class.

Also, there was no going back because Reiner himself came out with the secret, at that point any hope of bringing those two underground was gone. Also, you made it seem like Reiner snapped while talking to Eren when it's the opposite, he was out of his mind when he revealed his secret to Eren, him going full Warrior was him coming to his senses and remembering his true purpose. Rewatch the episode, pay close attention to how Bert acts in response to Reiner since the start of the new season, or read the manga.

Humanity was never destroyed. BR works for humanity.