It's not coming back is it

It's not coming back is it

Other urls found in this thread:

perfectdark-jp.net/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winny
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Share_(P2P)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_Dark_(P2P)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

is it still "down for maintenance"?

How many days since it went down? 4?

Thank god I have an AB account.

>2017
>still using bakabt

>nyaa is fucking dead
>BBT is most likely dead too

Thank God for HorribleSubs. They are literally the only thing keeping anime alive at this point.

It better. Been using it for over 10 years and it's a second home for me.

Yes it's coming back. The server providers are just slow to perform upgrades/maintenance. The staff prepared for it like a week ago and took the site offline but the providers only started working yesterday-ish so it'll be for a bit longer.

>he needs an account w/ a website to get his anime

BakaBT deleted my 9 year old account that I had since the Boxtorrents days because they counted inactivity as "didn't visit the site" even though I was actively seeding.

They didn't even disable it. Just deleted it on the 30-day mark and told me to start over when I came over to ask why all my torrents were reporting errors.

Fuck them.
They're just going to take the profits and fuck off like every private tracker before them.

>airing shows
>alive
In terms of percentage, worthwhile show distribution between airing and past-aired is 0% / 100%.

Anime on the internet is quite vulnerable at the moment.

-Actual Fan Translated Fansubs are dead
-Nyaa is dead
-baka currently down but 'will return'

If someone sends horriblesubs a C&D like the good ol fansubing days, this could spell the end of piratesubs/fansubs altogether.

Then again, IRC and newsgroups are still reliable fall backs. Considering modern home internet speeds, I think it could hold up.

Torrents made it too easy to pirate anyway. Simulcasting official subbed anime ended fan translation. It was a painful process the entire time, so I can understand why people don't see the need anymore.

>all these people telling stories about their deactivated accounts
>I've never seeded anything ever
>might have logged in a total of once last year
>account still fine

another group will rise
another era with begin

Actual fansubs are still alive for old shows and toku

People actually had accounts for BakaBT? I used to just search for BakaBT torrents on google.

Simulcast "solved" anime piracy the way Netflix and iTunes "solved" TV and music piracy.
Their solution is actually better in many ways while only worse in other insignificant ways.
We all love TV-like consistency. Simulcasts give us that. Look at how Asenshi is doing Little Witch Academia: 0-day LWA threads are almost always "Sub when". Heck, there's currently a 24-hour delay even.

>People actually had accounts for BakaBT? I used to just search for BakaBT torrents on google.
I know that feel.
>used to have accounts on ANB
>seed diligently
>discovered Baka
>same torrents, same seeder quality, didn't even need an account
>whatevs bye ANB
>now
Well, at last, when it was still alive, I pre-downloaded enough shows from Baka to last for a long while, so that's fine for now.

It's not that bad, people. The hard part is getting the torrent/magnet URL. Once you got that (or if you keep it un-downloaded in your torrent client like me), the seeders are still there.
Just yesterday I downloaded Lodoss from an old Nyaa torrent just fine (1-2MB/s)

Assuming that I can prove having a good seeding record, how can I go about getting an invite these days? Even their IRC doesn't seem to have any.

>the south will rise again
Uh-huh

you better hope

Well sure. About anime, I mean. I don't want any slaves.

THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN

well then what would you recommend for obscure 80s stuff?

Is AB next? All these sites "dying" at similar times is scaring me.

Yep. Your options are:

Despair.
Also despair.

Good riddance, BakaBT has always been shit.
Bunch of stuck up cunts.

AB already had all their old staff leave.

AB is next

>Wanting to watch obscure 80s stuff
I'm literally shaking right now

Wait for applications to open or try befriending someone with an invite.

How many more years do I have to lurk before I can learn what KM is?

>american education

I'm really getting tired of this ABfags, I hope they are next

Keyboard and mouse you idiot. It's people like you that ruin this board.

Koihime Musou

>try befriending someone
I guess I'll just wait

Don't get mad, I'll send you an invite if you tell which is your favorite anime of the 80's

You know you can disable delete after inactivity on your account settings, right? Too bad you were so dumb.

Like, six I think now.

>Actual Fan Translated Fansubs are dead
Not necessarily a bad thing.

Anyone with taste is just gonna say logh, faggot.

Most people haven't even watched it completely, it's just a meme

Bleh, what do I have to lose?

Dr. Slump
[email protected]

You mean it isn't bad in principle. But it's still pretty bad.

Blacklisted.

On Baka? I wouldn't know. I got a bunch of DVD rips of this show dubbed in my mother language.

I dunno, I certainly don't miss fansubs with retarded fonts and text effects while I'm trying to watch a fucking anime.

Turn on default font styling, you sperg. Doesn't your windows media player program allow that?

If it still had a shit library, who cares.

It would be great if there was some easy to use(one hotkey toggle) option to use custom styling for the normal subs only, leaving the typesets, signs and op/ed untouched.

I couldn't give 2 fucks about translation teams but where the heck am I supposed to find raw stuff now? Do the Japanese have open trackers?

I actually enjoy seeding.

torrenting is banned there and can land you serious time, they have stuff like Share and Perfect Dark though.

Why would you want your account deleted after inactivity and why was it turned on by default?

May 2017 is the month anime is finally killed. AB will go down before Friday, watch.

To filter out shitters who are too dumb?

At least 2 years.

On MPC it takes two clicks. Five seconds max. How brain-dead lazy are you?

Guess I'll have been lurking 11 years by then.

[spoiler>]tfw been on this shithole since '08[/spoiler]

Shitters that were seeding for 9 years?

What? Custom styling overrides all styles, including typesets. Which makes them look disgusting at best, unreadable at worst.

>can't spoiler
>reddit spacing
>11 years
>not knowing KM
Really gets those neurons firing, huh?

>I seeded for 9 years
>but didn't log in regularly

Guess I'll have been lurking 11 years by then.

>tfw been on this shithole since '08
So long as the prospect of another archive or backup source exists ill keep searching

one day friend

I dont get people like you who are autistic enough to want to know/have every single source of anime that has ever existed

>reddit spacing

Yeah what the hell my ratio is maybe 0.05 since I never seeded anything and very rarely used the site, but my account seemed to be just fine when I checked it after Nyaa going down. I was surprised myself.

Having multiple redundancies and backups is never a bad thing imo, neither is hoarding media.

Who /ratiomaster/ here?

50 ratio on AB :)

I'll be back soon the admins said they just had to go to the store for a few things

>:)
typical AB poster

I found perfect dark (I think? perfectdark-jp.net/ is that it?) but what's Share?

I have a ~500 GB buffer in yen, good enough for me. Could easily get Elite as well but I can't be arsed to actually upload the stuff.

just look up "Share P2P". isn't that obvious you baka?

Do people still use PD? Isn't it like 10 years old?

More like 30, but yeah. You can still get almost anything on there, even really obscure doujinshi releases.

I had one ages ago just to grab some obscure blurays during a free leech weekend. It's probably locked/deleted by now.

I pay for anime.

>using PD or Share in the US or EU
Enjoy prison.

It's a hell of a lot safer than torrents or direct downloads simply because of how fucking obscure it is

I don't think the DRC particularly cares about my chinese moving pictures.

I uploaded this for the Yuri on Ice!!! fags
Taken from AB.
Someone had a proper database search of some nodes or whatever but I lost it, the post is somewhere in the old archive.moe database.

>safer
The problem is what is in the cache you have to keep. Friendly reminder it isn't just anime and JAV.

>download PD a few years ago because /jp/ told me it was great for idol music
>set it up
>shit starts downloading by itself
>and uploads by itself too
>you can't see what it's being downloaded or uploaded
>you have no control over it
>only time you can see the content of it is when the download is finished
>2 days later have a 40GB download folder of encrypted stuff that I have no idea what could possible be
>this is how the program actually works
Greentext my face when quoting

Thought PD cache was obfusticated or encrypted

So whats the nyaa alt.
Didn't someone post an archived version of a month ago?

no probs, I'll just set it up on an old laptop and use someones wifi.

Perfect Dark Guide from AB.
I much prefer to use private trackers because I don't want CP on my drive and also the 40 GB unity folder is fucking retarded and mandatory.

These programs are so much fucking worse compared to something like soulseek which is essentially leecher haven.

Winny.
Apparently no one uses this anymore.

We're even somehow managing with Netflix and kiddy shows - hell, even Drive Head is getting subbed on a regular basis - although it's basically user, mostly /m/, effort at this point. And indeed, Ginguiser and the likes are still being subbed too.

But overall the picture is slightly grim.

Yes the problem is when the encryption is broken and you have bits of CP everywhere.

Winny's even older than share

why can't we just go back to eMule

The big problem with PD is that it requires a white IP which not many users have in the first place, as almost everyone these days is behind NATs. You're lucky if your provider provides an external IP for a fee. Also, frankly, there's negligible amount of content there compared to western resources. It's good for stumbling upon some really obscure stuff and and an occasional .ts encode, but with the DL speeds there it's gonna take days or weeks to get those anyway.

Winny and Share are basically dead.

Frankly, it would be great if someone made a PD-like sharing app with torrent-like NAT passthrough capability, I think that Gnunet thing was on the right track but it's fucking ancient.

This is the main problem with it. You can be actively seeding CP.

It must suck to live in japan
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winny
>arrests made over Winny

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Share_(P2P)
>arrests made over Share

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_Dark_(P2P)
>arrests made over Perfect Dark

tl;dr I trust these things about as far as I can throw them.

>a 42-year-old woman was arrested for uploading the Mitsudomoe anime television series