Collosal and Armored Titan

I don't get this, every time a question is answered 8 more pop up.

If they worked hand in hand with Annie and their goal was to catch Eren during the expedition, why didn't they turn then and there and fuck shit up? The survey corps barely managed the female titan, if the armored and colossal titan were on the prowl too there's literally no chance they would've lost.

If they wanted to destroy humanity why did they wait 5 years in between attacks? During the first attack they could've just advanced onward to the inner walls who the fuck would stand against them?

Why is Reiner so human? He befriended everyone and wanted to marry Krista, why the fuck would he of all people be against humanity.

>TL;DR nothing makes sense

>TL;DR I really want spoilers.

>Why is Reiner so human? He befriended everyone and wanted to marry Krista, why the fuck would he of all people be against humanity.
Didnt you get the part of "I was just a kid, if I knew you people were like this, I wouldnt have ended doing that" part,
Not entering into manga spoilers, its already pretty obvious by them being called warriors that they are forced to attack them by something or someone, its obviously not their own will.

>If they worked hand in hand with Annie and their goal was to catch Eren during the expedition, why didn't they turn then and there and fuck shit up? The survey corps barely managed the female titan, if the armored and colossal titan were on the prowl too there's literally no chance they would've lost.

There is a reason they did this and it's because (manga spoiler) they're looking for the coordinate and not Eren.

>expecting hacks to create a good story

>If they wanted to destroy humanity why did they wait 5 years in between attacks? During the first attack they could've just advanced onward to the inner walls who the fuck would stand against them?
That wasn't their actual goal, their actual goal is to find something within the walls

The humanity is the people outside the walls. They got brainwashed by the humans and the people inside the walls are all titan shifters so the real humans ordered them to attack the titans inside the wall.

They didn't know the people inside the walls got their memories erased by the King and are also victims and they were only kids back then so they pitied them.

They're actually after the coordinate. They don't know if Eren has it, (he does), so it's actually surprising that they spend some much time and energy trying to get him.

In reality, I imagine that when they attacked Shinganshima they expected the king to show up and use the coordinate, but then nothing fucking happened because the king won't do shit, so they ended up infiltrating the military.

They waited 5 years because that's the time when Eren appeared, I mean as a Attack Titan. For five years they were looking for the Coordinate and had no clues at all until this very moment. They still didn't know if Eren actually has Coordinate, but it was their best and only lead.

I'm current in the manga, but it was never clear to me. After watching the most recent episode, how does Reiner know that Eren is the coordinate, when he hasn't done his Titan Punch Control shit?

followup
By which, I mean, why does he ask Eren to come back with him, if he didn't know Eren has the coordinate?

they want to cut their losses and just take Ymir and Eren, who have 2 of the titan powers

I don't remember manga that well, but I think that there were some clues by then. But I guess some mangafag will come here calling me a retard and correcting me in usual, polite way

Also it is kinda the most reasonable thing they could do. Only titan shifter has Coordinate. Only titan shifter they met was Eren. During those five years, if there were other shifter with Coordinate, he would probably appear, yet he didn't. Therefore they could assume that Eren is special and even he isn't, then he still is quite valuable catch

>They don't know if Eren has it
They knew somebody on Paradis had it, so Eren turning into a titan was a dead giveaway. Even if Eren didn't have it, returning home with Eren and Ymir would negate the loss of Annie and Marcel.

and also with Ymir, forgot about that

There were plenty of clues, but they were only obvious in hindsight. I've been looking for a screencap of the mangafox forum guy that predicted it all, with evidence, but can't find it.

The way the anime did the whole reveal made way more sense context wise to me than in the manga.
There it was just, wait what just happened while the anime had some build up.
Cool beans.

I remember that shit, pretty old post

I see. That's it. I've been here too long for my own good. It's been three long years... surrounded by idiots. We were just kids... we didn't know anything. If only I never knew that there were people like this. I... wouldn't have become... such a half assed piece of shit! It's too late now... I don't know what's right anymore, but the only choice left for me now is to face the consequences of my actions, and as a warrior, fulfill my duty to the bitter end!

How can you claim nothing makes sense when you haven't even gotten answers yet, you know there's a manga so it's pointless for you to make sure a retarded thread fuck off anime onlys

They are brainwashed kids and dont want to kill anyone.
Their mission is to kidnap the shifter with the coordinate power (the power to control mindless titans), which by their knowledge the king of the walls has.
But even before they arrived at the walls, mindless titan Ymir ate their friend, who was also a shifter. His name was Marcel.
Beethold, Reiner, Annie and Marcel were sent on this mission. Also, if a mindless titan eats a shifter, it gains this power.
There can only be 9 shifters at once, so brining at least Eren back instead of the coordinate would be better than nothing.

And why they didnt transform to help Annie? I dont know, you could say plot.
Or maybe because they didnt wanted to blow up their cover and keep searching for the coordinate.
But now that the beast titan appeared (who is also one of them), they probably decided to regroup and kidnap Eren right now.

>If they worked hand in hand with Annie and their goal was to catch Eren during the expedition, why didn't they turn then and there and fuck shit up?
They're aware of three shifters in the walls, there was no definite proof that Eren was the one they were looking for. So they had Annie (who'd avoid suspicion due to not being SL) to retrieve him in a way for them to keep their cover in case he's not the one

>If they wanted to destroy humanity why did they wait 5 years in between attacks?
>They don't want to destroy humanity, they want to find someone. the first time they destroyed the walls they did so to infiltrate. The second time they did they hoped to draw out the shifter they were looking for (varying degrees of success)

> During the first attack they could've just advanced onward to the inner walls who the fuck would stand against them?
it actually doesn't take much to take down the collosal. a military fleet could do so easily. this is why he disappears after kicking in the wall. The SL alone was able to find a way to trap annie as a teenager, trapping her as a child would be fair game, reiner would give them the most trouble if not for the fact that Eren's dad has a superior titan at the time, meaning if no one else could stop him Grisha could. Now this is just our meta knowledge, to them they had no idea what the wall citizens were capable of nor did they know who the 3 shifters were. They needed to be discrete.

>Why is Reiner so human? He befriended everyone and wanted to marry Krista
He's pretending to be someone else. prior to the show someone he relied on died because of him, in order to cope he developed two personalities, warrior reiner and reliable reiner. Reliable reiner is the coolest guy we know and love, warrior reiner is a fucking sociopath who's completely irrational. also humanity is fine outside the walls.

Is this the one?

>If they worked hand in hand with Annie and their goal was to catch Eren during the expedition, why didn't they turn then and there and fuck shit up? The survey corps barely managed the female titan, if the armored and colossal titan were on the prowl too there's literally no chance they would've lost.
>
Not really, if Armored and Colossal showed his face they'd have retreated and BRA would have lost their covers. The female titan part was more about hunting Eren than fighting Eren.

Ok, so i just caught up to the manga again and i have few questions:

How come royal family didn't do shit when Marleyans attacked the walls? It was pretty clear to them that they are being attacked from the mainland. Was all that talk about unleashing colossal titans in case of the attack just an empty threat? At the same time, how come Marleyan leadership allowed the attack? What if Royal Family unleashed the wall titans after all? What's then? Gee, i'm glad that it didn't happen, otherwise they would've fucked over the whole world.

How come Royal Family waited so long to make a move on Eren? Knowing their ability and iformation, they could'be sent Kenny to snatch Eren immediately after his Titan Power was discovered and then feed him to Fritz or some other loyal noble just in case.

What's the point of training 10 year old to become undercover soldiers without any contact with command? Wouldn't it be more reasonable to send some gropwn ups (at least 18-20 years old)? They still could've joined the army and there wouldn't have been any crushing emotional problems that caused the whole thing go FUBAR.

Back then, I had a cold sweat when I read that.

>If they wanted to destroy humanity
They didn't. They had to pretend rogue titans managed to get through. If the current king wasn't a dumb weak girl, they wouldn't have even gotten in. The king is supposed to unleash all millions of wall titans and raze the Earth if they got invaded, as per the first king's instructions.

First off, it's very likely that the initial attack on the walls was BRA's split-second decision after arriving on Paradis. Marleyan leadership probably didn't mean break the fucking walls when they said infiltrate. Probably BRA thought it'd be easier to find the Coordinate if they lured him out by breaking walls.

The royal family are basically hostages to the First King's will. Anyone of royal blood who inherits the Coordinate will be brainwashed by the First King to become an insane pacifist. So yeah, the threat of the CTs was probably a huge bluff so Marley would leave them alone.

I agree that Marley should have used grownups for the mission. It's not like adults can't be Titans. Maybe they were afraid that grownups will come to like the wallists and join them instead. So rather than risk losing their precious Titans, Marley decided to send perfectly brainwashed kids they know will inevitably be loyal to them which was the case. Even Reiner, the most conflicted warrior, was still nothing more than a brainwashed puppet that sucked Marley dick in the end. It's easier to mold a child to be loyal to you than risk another Kruger or Grisha by sending grownups.

>Dumb weak girl

She wasn't a dumb weak girl before, inheriting the First King's will made her that way. The First King was crazy pacifist. I doubt he would've used the Titans even if he were alive then. Now if the Coordinate had been in Grisha or Eren's hands by then it'd be a different story. If Grisha could've used the Coordinate then for instance, he would've torn Reiner and Bert a new asshole by sending wall CTs to rape them.

>How come royal family didn't do shit when Marleyans attacked the walls? It was pretty clear to them that they are being attacked from the mainland. Was all that talk about unleashing colossal titans in case of the attack just an empty threat? At the same time, how come Marleyan leadership allowed the attack? What if Royal Family unleashed the wall titans after all? What's then? Gee, i'm glad that it didn't happen, otherwise they would've fucked over the whole world.
Considering Grisha asked the current king to do something and she didn't do shit it was either an empty threat, she didn't know how, or the attack wasn't severe enough for her to care. Also not a single marely went on the mission because titans are scary and it'd be more likely to trigger the king if they were attacked by marely instead of their own kind

>
>How come Royal Family waited so long to make a move on Eren?
what do you think that whole trial business was? They were trying to take Eren since the start, but didn't get a chance until all the major shifter shit had calmed down, and even when they did finally nab him they still fucked up and triggered a coup d'tat

>What's the point of training 10 year old to become undercover soldiers without any contact with command?
Children are easier to indoctrinate. Give that shit to an adult who has even the slightist bit of doubt triggered by finding out that Marely was full of shit and you've got a rebellion.

I'm not a native English speaker, but these sentences doesn't struck me as really well-written.
Is that so?

It's alright, especially considering those are ramblings of a broken teenager that just snaped under all the pressure

Yeah, well, that's exactly my point. This sounds too formal and exuberant to be spoken in such situation.

I like it, makes sense and reflect his mental state at the moment