Done with the first Class

I'm out of class, so here are my thoughts

>His focus on Central Asian history makes sense as to his love for Islam
>Noted that the picture was silly and chose it for that reason
>Said that the Battle of Tours was plucked from Obscurity by Edward Gibbon
>Martel wouldn't have been famous if it wasn't for Charlemagne
>Said that the battle matters to "white cultural identity, whatever that is"
>There's a unit on the fall of Constantinople, so I expect plenty of Islam dick sucking there
>Any links to articles or sources to disprove him would be great
>I'm doing my final paper on El Cid, which will show him

I rate him a 2/10 so far, but we'll see how things turn out the rest of the semester. I'll update y'all on Thursday.

What is this?

When you get to Constntinople just passionately argue for the restoration of Greek control over the whole of Anatolia at any cost.

A screenshot of a slideshow for a class called European Military History to 1789. I had a thread open, but it it closed right after i finished class. The teacher said that the Battle of Tours and Charles Martel are worshiped by White nationalists for an insignificant battle

Pic reminds me of Berserk

>Umayyads
>U mad?

>Those fuckers were pushed the fuck out of Western Europe for the next 13 centuries
>Outcome uncertain

Post more, it's interesting. Might be a good idea to link to other threads every time you go out of class. I had to take a mandatory medieval history course, it was absolutely horrible.

This guy is a fucking idiot any historian would agree that the battle of tours represents the end of the muhamadien expansions of the early medieval ages,

It’s marked the high water mark of the Arab expansions that completely reshaped world history.

I would consider writing the dean because I find your professor to be either competely compromises for political messaging or an absolute failure of a historian

From what I've read(limited reading) while it certainly wasn't some major turning point in the struggle with Islam since the start of the Reconquista was still decades away it certainly stopped large scale Muslim raiding of Southern France and enabled the rise of the Frankish Empire by allowing the extension of Frankish control further south.

you couldn't have found a more retarded picture.

>CE
>not AD
You'd be surprised how important those shared traditional cultural markers are. Imagine had the Christians changed all the name for months to disciples. Or changed the weekdays to saints. Somehow those supposed Christian bigots kept the roman and pagan influences but Atheists in academia can't hand Christians the same courtesy.

His “professor” used that picture

I thought it was done for the muslims and jews?

Atheist jews under the laughable banner of being more inclusive to outside cultures.

Remind me, do we force other cultures to change their calendars? Does anyone ever even consider it? ffs

islamofascism, slight chuckle.

No it was done to remove “Christian influence”.

And the idea that Christian influence can or should be removed from the history of 0-1800 is so absurd it’s laughable.

Christianity, it’s instutuons and phillosophies are so intertwined in the last 20 centuries of history to remove it would essentially undo history

Which is, of course, the actual point

>Somehow those supposed Christian bigots kept the roman and pagan influences

You do know the reason for this was that they were roman and early roman christianity was pretty much a reinterpretation of their polytheism with a bigger head god on top?

It's culturally the same fucking reason Catholics in Italy today treat the saints and their attributes as polytheistic mini-gods. They had a survey in Italy where only a third prayed to god. The rest prayed to whatever saint had domain over their issue. Like St Christopher for travelers, etc.
This is exactly how the romans treated religion as you can see in any museum, with little offerings to various gods to help them with various problems.

I've never ever met a Christian who seriously wanted to understand what Jesus actually taught and thought. They just pick a denomination and go with it, if that. Otherwise they just make shit up for themselves.

Which ultimately just shows none of them really believe. If you seriously believed that an immortal soul was at stake and that the actual creator of the universe came to Earth and spoke, I think you'd be a bit more enthusiastic to figure out what he actually said.

Right, his professor is a retard

ok, all we were told in school was so it didn't 'offend' people with other religions

NOOOO, YOU HERETIC, HERE LISTEN TO THIS LECTURE BY THIS BASED CHRISTIAN YALL GONNA BURN IN HELL IF U DON'T ACCEPT JAYZUS
>t. burger