This show is intriguing and very well made [Spoiler]including the CG[/spoiler] but nobody's watching it, why?

This show is intriguing and very well made [Spoiler]including the CG[/spoiler] but nobody's watching it, why?

Did something happen yet.

You're fucking blind.

Couldn't tell what it was from the synopsis and it looked like fujoshit, so I never bothered with it.

It's practically a anime version of "The Arrival"

It's easily one of the best shows this season and a very refreshing change of pace.

Pacing is shit.

There are multiple threads on airing date with ~150 unique IPs.

It's Childhood's End, you pleb. The Arrival-like issues were solved by ep2.

>nobody's watching it
>Literally 2-5 threads hit bumplimit every time a new ep is released

Maybe you are too mentally challenged to check archives.

>it's a /po/ and /sci/ fuck the world episode
It was beautiful. I actually rewatched that entire reveal probably ten times.

The press reaction was comedy gold. Who knew a simple press conference could go so wrong.

>very well made including the CG
I'm enjoying this series a lot, but you don't have to lie, user. The CG is still pretty fucking bad, and the random parade of traditionally animated tertiary characters (jet pilot, military guy, etc) only brings more attention to how much better it would have been if they just stuck to traditional animation. I think it might have been interesting if they only had zaShunina CG, and everyone else traditionally animated, as CG does a good job of making people look like aliens.

>nobody's watching it
Are you even on this board when the episodes are out? There are active threads on that time and there are on topic discussions.

Well you're probably baiting.

>hating on shiny military guy

While the CGI isn't as bad as it could be, I'm honestly confused as to why they choose ONLY the main characters to be done in CG. Is it some sort of dumb joke?

Is this sort of realistic sci fiction. Something like Planetes or Shinsekai Yori where the science fiction explores human nature or something more relateable instead of something "cool" like space travel or time travel or whatever.

Probably to do with cost efficiency. CG takes more effort modeling the characters up front, but requires much less effort to move around the models once they're made. So if the character only has a single scene or two (like background mcmilitary in ), it's easier and cheaper to just use traditional animation. Meanwhile, the characters that will return episode to episode make the effort to model them in 3d much more likely to pay off.

Honestly, the CG in this series seems more like a proof-of-concept. I honestly can't see anyone expecting this series to move much BDs or merch. But given how much cheaper animating MCs in CG is to traditional animation, I imagine Toei would love a series they can point to as an example of how this cheaper approach is viable. Which kind of leaves me in two minds about this series: it's interesting and I want to see this kind of story succeed, but I hate CG characters and think they still make way too many scenes look like a cheap video game cut scene, and absolutely do not want to send any signals that this is an acceptable practice in anime.

It's political sci-fi. In the center you have a benevolent alien with a very peculiar understanding of things, who wants to reform humanity and usher utopia. Problem is, his help also means a huge upheaval in human society and can prove disastrous in many ways. There are as many arguments for his plan as there are against and the characters, the alien included, are trying to navigate this minefield of human nature.

Nice, picked up.

Who is character designer?

Tsukai was partly drawn during the latest episode.

Ako Arisaka.

Hope she'll get more work in the future. Her designs are 10/10.