Wagecuck here - I think we've reached peak bullshit jobs now, surely?

Wagecuck here - I think we've reached peak bullshit jobs now, surely?

I recently got a new job at a University, and my department is structured like this:

>10 people
>1 deputy director, who is under a director not technically in our team
>4 managers
>5 normal staff members

Why the fuck do we have 4 managers for 5 people?

These people earn at least £50k each as well, because I earn almost £40k

Pretty much. I guarantee you there's only 20 or so million people in the world who have an actual productive job. The rest just do retarded bullshit.

My favourite is that in a small town of 10,000 people there are at least 5 organisations dedicated to helping find jobs.
>capitalism is efficient

Just in America
America and Canada are closer to communism than capitalism you fucking dunce

what would you define as a “productive” job?

I guess "assistant manager" or "managers assistant" is too prestigious to the ear.

farming, hunting, fishing making babies

>wagecuck
>almost 40k

Pick one, asshole

A job that produces a service or product, or facilitates another in doing so.
Ie. not being a middle manager responsible for less than a handful of people earning twice the median wage.
But that's the public sector in Britain for you.

not doctors, scientists or teachers?

Busy work. You needed it in school to keep you from fucking off and doing drugs and raping dogs. You need it in adulthood for the opposite reason.

Seems like those staff members are a real handful.

When Brits (and euros for that matter) note how much income they earn, is it stated in gross or net?

Is £50k, gross, supposed to be a lot or something?

That's caused by goverment intervention. Imagine shit like this happening on a free market.

I worked at a call center with 1 manager to every 20 people just 2 months ago. So yes. It is bullshit.

in most of Europe, €50k gross is way above average.

I work for one of the larger banks and my team has 1 manager for ~ 17 people...we all make at least 100,000 USD a year, manager probably 150.

are they purely managing, or doing something in addition?

there is a huge difference between doing your job and having an assistant and just monitoring an employee

i work at walmart and there's about 3 people per manager, sometimes less for some departments if you don't count stockers

Wtf 50k is like entry level out of state university first office job salary

With call centers, managers pretty much have to handle every mad customer, so it was fucking awful.

why cant you just be happy Op...

When the government invests and plans infrastructure projects they're unironically very efficient. We haven't had a project similar in scale to the Interstate Highway System in several decades.

What is fx

> got a new job at a Univ

This is where I quit reading... join the real world and stop crying