If you read the history books, then Russia and Britain most of the time were allies against Europe...

If you read the history books, then Russia and Britain most of the time were allies against Europe. We together held back the Ottoman Empire. Together we defeated Napoleon. Together they fought against the German Empire. We defeated Hitler together. In the USSR there was even a military song dedicated to British sailors. youtube.com/watch?v=whJeNWtGJS4 It is sung about the brave Captain James Kennedy, who carries supplies from the UK to the USSR. So why are we now enemies? We must unite like the good old days.

Other urls found in this thread:

imf.org/external/datamapper/NGDP_RPCH@WEO/RUS
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sorry but our country is full of cucks and degenerates. I think you have you have a good thing going on with Putin, your culture seems intact and your military strong. We would only weaken you at this point. A man cannot so much as utter a word over here against the government's policy of mass immigration and acceptance of general faggotry without being labelled a disgusting old fashioned bigot by most of the country, and those who would once have agreed with you are now too apathetic to speak out. Unfortunately I very much doubt the UK will still be a country in 40 years, it will have split into its 4 consecutive parts, all of which will be in constant competition with each other to see who can get cucked the most until it inevitably falls to the Islamic caliphate.

On a more positive note, that song was great.

Operation Unthinkable.

I quite like the russians 2bh

Delusional brit.
Military is shit. People are treaded like cattle by the officials. Corrupt cops. If anything russia is going back to 90s under putin. It's fucking mordor with a great propaganda machine

Perhaps sadly there just aren't enough men of principal in our government and army at any one time.

But I do feel some scepticism towards Russia since I don't really think it was necessary to take Crimea. Plus also you guys still are recovering from Communism which I am sure did damage to your nations values. You still lean left. And it is very easy to find videos and images of poverty.

>So why are we now enemies? We must unite like the good old days.

It's mostly because our geopolitical interests tended to conflict. Less so now, however. My grandfather was a merchant sailor on the Murmansk convoys, so he had time for you lot. Still, Russian government autism about "muh sphere of influence", "muh fear of NATO" and "muh must create defensible borders" has made any possibility of partnership impossible. You had your chance to avoid looking like a bunch of Soviet era autists in the 1990s and early 2000s, and instead of being rational and comprehending why your neighbours wanted to join a bloc against you after you'd conquered them for 70 years, you went full sperg and fucked about in Georgia, the Crimea and Donetsk. You had 20 years to rejoin the international community, but instead you forced us all to shelter under the American umbrella again.

Blame Churchill. One of the biggest proponents of the will of the international jewry of the 20th century. A good speaker though so our population is more than happy to embrace him as a patriot and a hero without a second thought, although if he returned today he too would be lambasted by them as a homophobic racist bigot.

Extends hand, russbroski

The old days, now we're kike US slaves.

>We together held back the Ottoman Empire.
Are you retarded?
Russia and UK has always been adversaries, you fool. UK just used Russia against Germany as a beating bag and stupid Russian rulers fell for their scheming instead of aligning with Germany, with which Russia has much more shared interest.
And USSR was basically an anglo/american crypto-colony. It was american/anglo bankers who financed bolsheviks and who made an intervention into Russia to help them. Yes, so called "allied" intervention was to help bolsheviks unlike what kike and commie propaganda tells people. And it was american and anglo companies/banks who took over existing Russian industry, because bolsheviks were so incompetent they couldn't even operate it, and pumped money and tech into miraculous "commie" industrialization, in exchange for resources. That's one of the main reasons of USSR famines - all the grain was shipped abroad.
Of course Germans was also stupid with the way they tried to deal with Russia. But both countries should learn from mistakes and disaster that was 20th century for Russia and Germany. Get rid of degenerate jew-enabling anglo/american influence and start cooperating.

(OP)
Russkies better off without the atrocious anglo, they'll just force you to mud up your streets if you want to be their ally

>t. Pavlo Skoropadskyi

Obviously not a regular of /sg/. Russia is doing what the western powers should be doing in syria instead of funding terrorists but naturally they follow the money instead. Russia may be poorer than average but id rather live in a quant conservative village over there than in my own capital, not that id ever leave England because its better to try to fix your country than give up on it, despite the grim reality of the present situation.

>was even a military song dedicated to British sailors
What could you do with a drunken sailor?

Do you guys have a patriotic saying 'the red, white and blue' like we do? I think it's stupid, because so does america, russia, france, and the netherlands.

>Russia is doing what the western powers should be doing in syria instead of funding terrorists but naturally they follow the money instead

Russia is propping up their regional allies you numpty. You honestly think they spent the past 2 years hunting down ISIS? They wiped out the remaining relatively moderate rebels to assist Assad's position making it impossible for a peace process to function without Assad left in charge giving them continued control of their naval bases in the Mediterranean.

You're a goon if you think Russia gives a single fuck about fighting international terrorism unless it directly effects them, a la Chechnya.

Russia isn't some conservative white country you fuck tard. Massive amounts of illegal immigration, corruption is systemic, population is in decline, and trash economy

In Syria they are bombing the fuck out of the sunni Muslim areas that are anti regime on purpose so they then flee to Europe

>implying Assad staying in charge isnt the best possible outcome
>implying the moderate rebels were moderate or trustworthy or a viable force for future government of the region
We should have been on Assad's side from the start. The region would already be stable by now if we hadnt started funding literal jihadis as recommended by the Adam Smith Institute and instead backed Assad's strict but stable government.

I'm an ethnic Russian. And if you actually look at the state of current affairs, then you'll see that it's USA and UK, who are screeching the most about Russia and who have their dirty hands in Ukraine.
Germany being still dependent on USA have to reluctantly play along with this whole Ukraine mess and sanctions. But they are not serious about it. They stated openly that Ukraine joining EU is out of the question. They cooperate in North stream 2 with Russia. Their companies like DHL, Adidas, Puma bypass ignore sanctions and work in Crimea. And look up CEOs of biggest Russian companies Rosneft, Gazprom and Sberbank - all ethnic Germans. One is actually a former chancellor. And USA with UK obviously fear Russia and Germany ties getting stronger. So they try to fuck up everything as much as possible, as far as provoking a big war in Europe again. Just watch all those american dogs like Poland and Baltics.

Isn't Assad like Hussein?

Spoonfeed yourself. Or just accept everything exactly as you see it on the news, it really wont make much of a difference in the end.

He is a bad guy, I hope the USA brings him to justice like they did with Sadam before.

Forgot the add the bloody thread

I actually admire Russia a lot, their history is VERY impressive considering Muscovys location.

Some day I hope we will see Russias co-operation with us Euroboiis

He is the lesser of 4 or 5 evils. Also the iraq war was an absolute disaster.

Disaster? Didn't the good guys win?

Please send some Russian qts over here. Our women are so ugly, that it physically hurts to look at them.

Russian alliance could only be beneficial for us right now.

> A man cannot so much as utter a word over here against the government's policy
>saying this to a Russian

It effectively replaced an authoritarian government with an authoritarian and sectarian government. And increased terrorism 100 fold. And massively destabilised the entire middle east even more. And caused even more refugees to come to the west. All for the price of roughly 500000 lives. They didnt even find any wmds. Waste of time and effort, but we got ours back with oil and arms deals so fuck everyone else amirite?

Sadam WAS the good guy. Turns out that brutal dictators are basically mandatory in that region to keep insane heavily inbred religious lunatics from taking over and establishing caliphates and fucking everything up.

Its why Western democracies utterly fail when dealing with them, because we still use things like rules of engagement. Dictators don't give a fuck, they will kill you and your family for just associating with a terrorist. Works well. Without it you end up like what our forces were doing in Afghanistan, the terrorist would shoot at them then drop their guns and surrender, and be let free because they weren't armed when apprehended. Or they would hide in a mosque where troops weren't allowed to enter or bomb.

I was actually seeing if anyone would get mad at me, because it's so obvious that dictators are better in the Middle East, especially the secular ones.

>And USA with UK obviously fear Russia and Germany ties getting stronger.

Well, they sure don’t have to fear Russia itself getting stronger.

I have nothing against Russia and I never have. I hate Communists, but not Russia or Russians. Interestingly it was Thatcher that told Reagan that Gorbachev was a man they could work with. She loved debating him, they got into arguments but also had each other roaring with laughter. They stayed in contact and deeply respected each others intellect.

Even our greatest leaders have never understood that, sometimes, things are just so fucking tragic and you can't do anything to fix it. That, or they were so interested in their own comfy gain through corporate associates that they didn't give a fuck about consequences.

I don't know what JPMorgan is basing their bullshit on. Because GDP grew 1.8% in third quarter and there's no data yet on 4th quarter.
Instead maybe look at something more reliable like I dunno, IMF??? Which cooperates with central banks and doesn't just pull their numbers out of the ass. Their projection is 1.8% growth for 2017. imf.org/external/datamapper/NGDP_RPCH@WEO/RUS
And I really don't understand what your passive-aggressive comment supposed to mean? Yes, Russia alone is no match for USA. As I said Russia and Germany cooperating is what they don't want. Russia has resources that Germany lacks and Germany has tech/investments that Russia lacks.
And American strategy has always been to keep them separated. FFS, the whole point of NATO: "Keep Americans in, Russians out and Germans down".

Sounds good but fuck scoottt land