Is Eli Ayase a well-written character?

Is Eli Ayase a well-written character?

OP we all know what your doing. The answer is obviously no. So take your lousy idol elsewhere

Nope, but I sure did make her a well laid one.

I think it would be better for this thread if we focus on someone else instead. Like Umi or Nozomi or something. This thread is going to be criticizing how bland and dull and bitchy Eli turned out and honestly we've done this hundreds of times already

best mooses (from a character design/personality perspective)

>kotori
>nozomi

best aqours

>you
>yoshiko

Not really sure but her doujins make my penis happy.

Eli is a great girl, haters идите нахуй.

Being bitchy is a plus.

That 10/10 body deserved better but we didn't deserve a better Eri

eli >>>> all

No, still want to fuck and marry her.

This guy knows what's up

No she was pretty lacking. But she's still one of my top 3 u's.

Can we please stop having these threads? Look, nobody fucking likes Eli and she's a poorly written character that's by far the worst girl in her cast. Do we need to have these threads constantly?

Eli Ayase sucks. Let's just accept that and let this thread die

I wonder if her manga counterpart is any better

Not really. She's just as boring as the anime counterpart just without the "being a bitch to the other girls" thing. SiD Eli isn't anything to write home about either.

>Eli Ayase will always be the most hated love live girl

Always a good feeling

>idolshit
>well written

maki and eli are equally shit

Don't bring Maki into this mess. She's a good character

>idol moeshit
>well-written characters

Look maybe well written was the wrong term butthere is a world of difference between characters like Maki or Nozomi that have at least some depth and interesting quirks to them and someone like Eli who really doesn't have anything going to her, character wise or in general. That's what OP should have meant

Yes.

maki starts as a shitty tsundere and then gets paired with nico due to crackshitters

Maki started off as reserved and hard to relate to others and felt like she had to do what her parents wanted despite wanting to play music. She developed into willingly opening up to others and following her own dreams and not always listening to what her parents wanted. Not the most perfect character development but at least it's something. More than Ms. Russian ever got.

>started off as reserved and hard to relate to others

you just described a "shitty tsundere"

> felt like she had to do what her parents wanted despite wanting to play music

nice retarded headcanon

>she developed into willingly opening up to others

no she was just threw in the secondary characters bin alongside with eli
they're here just to pair with nico/nozomi

The tsundere thing is subjective but:

>nice retarded headcanon

How the hell is that a headcanon? The show (along with the SiD iirc) mentions that Maki wanted to make music (play the piano) but felt like she had to live up to her parents expectations by becoming a doctor.

>no she was just threw in the secondary characters bin alongside with eli

Not even close. At least Maki still stayed relevant by writing the groups music. Eli didn't do jack after joining the gang.

Look, you don't have to like Maki but to compare her to Eli is ridiculous. She is nowhere near as bad

this was never mentioned in anime; in fact you don't even know that her parents are doctors (you only know she's rich as fuck)

>along with SiD

if you're going to use extra material for maki you should do the same for eli as well

>At least Maki still stayed relevant

she stayed relevant by pairing with nico; the same happened with eli

>if you're going to use extra material for maki you should do the same for eli as well

I would but Eli is just as boring in the SiD as she is in the anime and manga. She doesn't have any real quirks or personality traits there either aside being a genetic student council president figure

>she stayed relevant by pairing with nico; the same happened with eli

Are you forgetting Maki's interactions with Rin and Hanayo (encouraging them to join) along with Nozomi twice (once in the beach episode and the other in Nozomi's episode)? She at least interacted with others besides Nico. Eli on the other hand, only really interacted with Honoka (just to be a bitch to her) and that pretty much dropped off fast after she joined. She only really interacts with Nozomi, mainly to make her look better in comparison (and to give Nozomi character development, something Eli never got).

And you know what? We can just agree to disagree about Mak at this point. This whole thread is mainly suppose to be about critizing how poorly written a character Eli is.

>idolshit
>well written

Is Nico the best written Love Live character?

No, Nozomi is.

She must have something special to inspire a single shitposter so much.

I haven't watched Love Live but I like her the most, what's so bad about her? She's apparently the least popular behind Hanayo

She is just a cunt to the other girls at the beggining. I guess some people can't forgive that.

Not the same guy, but Eli did a ton of shit during season 2, and as much as Nozomi during the beach episode. She was kinda the group's mom, though I admit Nozomi did more in that area. And in theory she does the choreographies.

Anyway, it has been said thousands of times, but if you have to develop 9 characters in 20 something episodes, some of them are going to get the short end of the stick.

>your favorite Idol's girlfriend is the most hated character
Feel kinda bad really, I think they work so well together.

Nico is a great character if you include extra material.
Anime-only probably Nozomi/You.

>Not the same guy, but Eli did a ton of shit during season 2, and as much as Nozomi during the beach episode

Like what? Also she really didn't do anything in the beach episode aside be another character in the roster. Nozomi was the one who was trying to get Maki to open up and help the other girls a bit.

>And in theory she does the choreographies.

That was brought up once in the entire show.

>Anyway, it has been said thousands of times, but if you have to develop 9 characters in 20 something episodes, some of them are going to get the short end of the stick.

That may be true but Eli's biggest issue is that not only did she get the short in of the stick in the anime, she is kinda mediocre in the other side material as well.

Look at it this way: when Eli's supposed focus episode fleshed out Nozomi instead, I think it's becomes obvious how one sided that pairing is

Nozomi is just too good and she gets great chaacterization and development throuout both seasons. Eli really didn't stand a chance.

Seems about right.

You forgot that she was boring as hell when she joined said other girls and didn't really do much for the rest of the story. And she didn't really develop that much at all (she becomes less of a cunt, that's about it)

I think another problem with Eli is that the anime (and manga for that matter) hyped her up so much that she was bound to be a let down:

>She's this smart, responsible, mature, level headed student council president that all female students adore and how she's great at choreography from her ballet past and how beautiful she is and how she's a great singer; oh and don't mind her cold and jerk attitude, it's because she really cares and how she's just a misunderstood person that you (the viewer) should be sympathetic towards!

I still believe 26 episodes and a movie is enough time to develop 9 girls if the writers actually had used their time wisely. They just really didn't in this case.

I know nothing about Love Live but judging from the doujin the top 3 characters are Nozomi, Eli and Maki.

Nope

Correct

>haters идите нахуй
Хорошо!

I wanna play vidya with Nanjo!