Great world building and lore

>Great world building and lore
>Good designs for both male AND female characters
>Characters only fight when they need to, focuses more on adventuring
>Interesting backstories for most of the important characters
>Good art and comedy

>Barely anyone reads it outside of Japan
Explain yourself Sup Forums. Why don't you like Magi? is it because its not on Shonen Jump?

I love Morgiana.

>Good designs for both male AND female characters
>Good art
The art is the main reason I haven't picked it up yet. I don't like it's artstyle at all.

But it's my favorite shonen.

It's very popular with fujoshi.

I used to enjoy it, but I stopped reading somewhere after the Summit. It went downhill and from what I can tell it hasn't gotten better.

Don't we all?
whats wrong with it

>Why don't you like Magi?
Post time skip Sinbad killed any interest I had in the resolution of this plot. If you'd been lurking any of the Magi Threads you would have seen that once we got past "Economics: The Manga" people started jumping ship.

Did you just get here? it used to have plenty threads before it jumped the shark.

This. I'm okay with timeskip and Sinbad pulled out magitech whatever but heading toward economic theme for awhile is not what I want to read about.

I love Magi. Alibaba is still GOAT.

But Sinbad being a massive faggot for so long has caused severe fatigue throughout the fanbase. I think this has been a bigger exodus of readers than Alma Torran.

The powerlevels got way too out of hand, leaving only 5 characters relevant to the story. What was the point of Morgiana's training if she never did anything helpful with it? Sinbad and Aladdin are so overpowered now that everyone else is practically useless. Why even introduce Alibaba's ability to see time in slow-mo if it's never gonna come into play?

The series wants to try to focus seriously and in depth with economics by providing an extremely simplified, boring, and plot-hole ridden version of global economics. Some of it is legitimately cool like the conception of the "Kou Trading Company" but it's usually poorly written.

Al-Thamen are terrible 2-dimensional villains in a series otherwise filled with complex, morally grey characters like Sinbad, Mogamett, and Kouen Ren.

The author went way too off the rails with the lore of the story. Some of it is interesting and some is just unnecessarily convoluted.

Way too many false deaths. Alibaba, Titus, Kouen, Alibaba, Judar, and Arba are all characters that should've died but were revived or faked their deaths. If you're gonna kill them then just do it, but stop this 'oh no they're totally dead' bullshit.

I'm also mad Kouen Ren got fucked over

I actually like the series though.

>What was the point of Morgiana's training if she never did anything helpful with it?
To piggyback off this, what is the point of Households if Alibaba never gets to build one or have useful members with the one he does?

>"Kou Trading Company"
I do like this idea and wish that the series had a different focus in order to build off this. Reverting back to battle shounen was a mistake.

>Al-Thamen
Doomsday cult was a neat idea until Arba went all out.

>I'm also mad Kouen Ren got fucked over
He was a sacrifice for the Edgelord. It's unfair because he was probably the best ruler Kou would have gotten.

>focuses more on adventuring

Two dungeons...

3 actually.

The first one that Alibaba got, the one near Sindira that Hakuryuu got, and the one Hakuryuu and Judar went for during the Kou Empire arc.

redpill me on Magi. This and NnT are the only long running shonens I haven't read

>He was a sacrifice for the Edgelord. It's unfair because he was probably the best ruler Kou would have gotten.
I'm just pissed the dude suffered so much and tried to save the world in his own (misguided) way and just got shit on by everyone for it.

Not that user, but the characters look too shounen-ai. I've also always hated the old arabian fashion.

I like the tit genie I've seen people post though.

> Not that user, but the characters look too shounen-ai
Literally the manliest battle shounen

Both lost all the hype they had, dont bother

Magi is good until Solomon flashback

>Barely anyone reads it outside of Japan
stop with your bullshit bait

Everyone also has same-face syndrome.

Art too messy
Too much info/lore
All I remember is jew magician saying goy

>homoerotic undertones

You forgot one.

The end of the civil war was such a downer, specially how Hakuryuu’s character was resolved.

I tried watchung the first few episodes kn netflix and it bored me tontears

delete this

It's boring as holy shit

Ignore this faggot It's consistently good for around 190 chapters. After that, your mileage may vary.

What do fujos even gain from this series besides their delusions and maybe Judar liking it up the ass? All the actual canon relationships are male/female.

fug u

>xpill
Fuck off with your memes.

it starts like a nice adventure series with geopolitical intrigue and devolves into a pants on head retarded multiverse clusterfuck

also there's a jewish harry potter arc at some point

avoid like the plague

Wasn't the whole point that they were Nazis and "goi" were the jews?

Maybe if the author would stick to more adventuring and less dragonball so no

I don't read Shonen draw by women

Your loss. Takahashi and Arakawa write very solid shonen with a refreshingly separate feel to it. Full Metal Alchemist is quality shit in any event. It's outright fucking badass at times, too. It has legit good fights.

Silver Spoon, her slice of life about a guy at an agricultural high school coping with his ineptitude with cows and chickens and shit is also really fun, too.

Silver Spoon is the shit.

>maybe Judar liking it up the ass
That's all they need. A chance is a chance.

I actually managed to survive the flashback arc in Magi, and then I dropped it immediately after it ended. Is it fun again?

That giant flashback arc absolutely killed the momentum. Early Magi was easily one of the best shonen around. But at this point it's dragged out and needs to end. Luckily it's the final arc.

>defending Kou
>defending Ren

Kek, both the nation and him deserved their fates, how can anyone actually think they were the "good guys"?

>Reading that David's diary
Call me a pleb but I skipped it

>I think this has been a bigger exodus of readers than Alma Torran.

It's not that bad, but yeah Sinbad and his bullshit killed a lot of the interest. Combine that with the fact that the author was constantly taking breaks and the slow translations, it just completely died on here. The only thing that kept the threads active on here after the time skip was shipping wars, but after that got resolved it interest in the series on Sup Forums basically completely died.

>>reading shounen

alright.
pleb

>reading shoujo

>reading

>reding

>reddit

Oh yeah you are right. Altho the third one had 0 adventuring and was full endgy

This last arc is shit. It's like they ran out of ideas and HAD to make Sinbad the final boss in the most contrived way possible. And now they've spent a dozen chapters debating highschool ehtics.

It was really hype when Alibaba wopped out the flame sword for the first time