Some sad news today according to Kazuki Sakuraba, the author of Gosick and other novels: Hinata Takeda...

Some sad news today according to Kazuki Sakuraba, the author of Gosick and other novels: Hinata Takeda, Gosick's illustrator and mangaka of Ikoku Meiro no Croisee and Yaeka no Karte, died of illness in January. An obituary is posted in the June issue of Dragon Age.

Hinata Takeda had gone on hiatus from Croisee in 2011 and disappeared from the industry without completing it or illustrating the remaining volumes of Gosick. She never publicly revealed the reason for her retirement.

gosick.jp/blog/ (Japanese only)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IVXJmfd3cmg
youtube.com/watch?v=vay-VSqrjls
dictionary.goo.ne.jp/jn/125522/meaning/m0u/線が細い/
youtube.com/watch?v=ZaIK3KVaqkg
youtube.com/watch?v=5iT8QA3OjDE
youtube.com/watch?v=GQOv5DsRGjs
realsound.jp/2015/04/post-3023.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Damn, that sucks. Always a little concerning when someone just sort of disappears like that.

Holy shit, so that is why she went on hiatus in 2011.

Sup Forums was think she joined a cult or something

Sad if it's true. RIP

They might have had her eliminated once we caught on.

Did she catch the japanese cold?

We need to find the secret of immortality to keep these mangaka alive. They're dropping like flies.

She is the one awakened my gothic loli fetish.
RIP.

Oda, Miura and Togashi are next.

The last illustration she ever made for Gosick was in 2011 for the DVD box set. In that blog entry, Kazuki Sakuraba says that she heard that Takeda was already in poor health at the time, but mustered up all her strength to complete it.

She also said that Takeda resembled Yune in real life: petite, black bobbed hair, delicate at first glance, but possessing hidden inner strength.

honestly didn't enjoy any of her works but they were fairly polished

So...Yune is dead?

Wonder if this is another Zero no Tsukaima tragedy where she just wanted to continue working, but couldn't. It's really sad.

Rest in peace.

Seriously why are manga-ka so sickly? All Japs overwork themselves but there's still a ton of elderly. A ton of elderly in fact, considering the youth are having less babies. Why do they keep getting colds and cancer from just drawing?

>no more cute japanese girl in Paris
;_;

If Yune were real, she would be dead anyway, since she lived in the 19th century.

And she might've died of the Spanish flu if she'd stayed in France.

Their schedule is demanding even by Jap standards.

VICTORICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

;_;

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
STOP DYING

Why do the good ones always die?

Is the Loli now stranded in Cheeseland, Sup Forums? What were the last developments in the manga?

I really liked Croisse.

Is this what happen people when they write novels and manga that have a loli as the main heroine?

MC about to be cucked because he is a commoner while the childhood friend he likes is preparing to debut in high society and his social class prevents him from marrying the blonde weeaboo's older sister.

So MC feels like shit whenever he catches a glimpse of the older sister when he comes to pick up Japanese loli to come home.

They are punished by the gods for invoking such pure perfection that cannot exist in the real world.

>recently had a thread discussing her whereabouts
It's your fault for raising deathflags Sup Forums.

That thread ended up being a discussion about Japanese cults though

They're not, you're just taking a few cases and treating them as representative of the whole.

Died in January? Was it kept under wraps for all these months or what?

We should stop talking about Risa Taneda then.

Was that pic made before or after her death announcement?

Should we add it to the "In Memory Of" pool on Danbooru?

RIP if true. ;_;

I think she made that picture in support of the victims of the March 2011 Tohoku disasters, so it was one of the last ones she made before withdrawing from the art world.

Just go find out where he hid the stone mask.

At least now she can ride the train together with Yume and Alice.

Mangaka schedules are insane even for Japanese standards and to add to it most mangaka actually don't make much money either.

Nah, COOL is next, the dude has like five ongoing monthly series and other stuff he works on too.

You know this what reminds me of? Not really Matsuki Miyu but the Inu x Boku SS author/artist, Cocoa Fujiwara. She died fairly young as well, April 28, 1983 – March 31, 2015, age 31.

Takeda Hinata-san was around 28-30.

This makes me sad.

No more Tune makes me even sadder.

She was truly a master of lolicraft.

F

That's really fucking depressing. She was such a skilled artist. I wonder if the cause of death was cancer.

Cocoa Fujiwara's death was strange and sudden because her last twitter posts were about moving to a new apartment to be closer to her manga publisher's office.

To those interested in hearing Kazuya Sakuraba's tribute to Takeda, stand by. Translation ongoing.

>Kazuya

Oh woops. Kazuki. Anyways, off to work.

Are you a Gosick fan? Maybe you had this cute boy's name on your mind.

It's an horrible news, her drawing was really excellent and it still feel like there was room for improvement

>no chance for official Gosick nudes, ever
Fuck.

>every Japanese lives for 100+ years
>except the ones who should

And nothing of value was lost.

Takeda-sensei was way too classy for that sort of thing. This is about as sexy as she would get.

More like GotSick

This is Kazuya Sakuraba.

I am here today to deliver heartbreaking news.

Hinata Takeda, a mangaka and a part of the creators of the GOSICK series, has passed away on January of this year due to an illness.
The June issue of Dragon Age, to be released this month, will feature an obituary.

Hinata Takeda was a writer and illustrator who debuted on the January 2004 issue of Dragon Magazine with her story "Fantasia Battle Royale", published under Fujimi Mystery Bunko and has been in the world of comics until her works were published under the Kadokawa Beans Bunko label.

I could still remember being astonished upon seeing her illustration for the first volume (of GOSICK).
She caught the charm and personality of the characters, as well as the feel of the library tower itself. Such bold illustrations, I thought.
From the second volume onwards, the manuscripts for the books were written with the impression that the books will have illustrations.
Not wanting to lose out to her illustrations, I gave my best on writing the story, but the illustrations easily surpassed me, and kept on trying to catch up to them.

To begin with, it was me who requested Hinata Takeda to provide illustrations, with the guidance of editor K-Fuji-san.
On the day before the manuscripts for the first volume (of GOSICK) was finished, I said, "Please draw Victorica this way!!!", while showing a copy of Takeda-san's new comic series "Yaeka no Carte", and it all started from there.

Cont.

I knew that art that cute would cause health problems even to the person who draws it.
RIP.

You know victorians invented modern por, right?
Also they were the ones who raised the minimum age of prostitutes to 13.

I am quite aware of these things. They also have nothing to do with Takeda-sensei's oeuvre.

Should've a fujoahit died instead of her. Life is unfair.

Just like that, time passed after the debut of the series.
During an meeting for the fourth volume, K-Fuji-san said, "From here on, I'd like you to depict a monochrome worldview, but to stay on track, Takeda-san, you can add two colors that you like."

And, much later...
Takeda-san has submitted the her proposed cover illustration.
She chose a vivid purple and green.
Ahh, it was very beautiful, I thought.

youtube.com/watch?v=IVXJmfd3cmg

You might say...

That she died going out sick

I wish to believe it was something like that but after about 4 months maybe she died alone and nobody noticed until now?

>that Croisee thread earlier this week
This is too spooky for me

Thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=vay-VSqrjls

I have met Takeda-san for many times already.
She perfectly resembles Yune, the heroine of Ikoku Meiro no Croisée.
Petite, black hair in a bobcut, a slender figure, and hides a very firm personality... that's how a saw her.

And...
The last time where she worked on an illustration for GOSICK was on 2011.
During the adaptation of GOSICK (which also took place at the same time when Ikoku Meiro no Croisée was being adapted), she worked on illustrations for the GOSICK DVD box.
Despite not being in her most healthy condition, she mustered all her energy to complete the illustrations, I heard.

Illustration in question: Last part after this.

What a sad day.

>a slender figure
I prefer my translation in for this line. The 線 does not have to be taken literally. dictionary.goo.ne.jp/jn/125522/meaning/m0u/線が細い/

Noted.

Anyway, for the last part.

Right now, I search deep inside my heart, and I can't find anything but gratitude and respect for her.
Moreover, as I try to convey my words, even up to now, I still get excited and glad, as well as intimidated, whenever I think of her amazing talent in drawing.
Hinata Takeda-san has given us the appearance of Victorica, Kazuya, Avril, Teacher Cecil, Grevil, and Ruri, and deep inside all those who read the series, they surely vividly moved, they cried, they laughed, and they made friends along the way, hoping that they continue their path towards adulthood.
And, I hoped that you have loved Yaeka and Serina, Yune, Claude, and everyone too!

For the last time.
Hinata Takeda-san.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you...

Kazuki Sakuraba.

Protip: If you want to cry bitch tears, play "Unity" as you read along.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZaIK3KVaqkg

youtube.com/watch?v=5iT8QA3OjDE

The singer of the OP died two years ago

Another tip: DO NOT follow this up with the ED of Ikoku Meiro.

youtube.com/watch?v=GQOv5DsRGjs

Oh fuck you, user.

Thanks for the reminder. Now i am depressed.

So maybe a case of the body wasn't found to confirm the death until now? Does that happen often in Japan?

I read a news article of a CEO of a game company just suddenly disappearing as their company was on its last legs.

If i remember correctly, last ikoku chapter was Yune ran away right? And she never come back now.
Claude never actually move on.
This shit is depressing.

Probably the case. Not everywhere in Japan can be easily accessible for a patient's family. There's a chance that some time after July 2011 (the common date between the anime airing of Gosick and Ikoku Meiro), Hinata Takeda decided to just take a bus to her hometown to take a rest after her illustration work. Her condition worsened at home, and she was taken to a hospital, where her contacts at the publishing firm are unable to reach her (no more Gosick LN illustrations starting from Volume 7 at March 2011), and the distance from her home gives her a sizable chance of spending time alone in her sickbed.

Now, this doesn't explain the three-month gap between her death and the announcement.

It's even more depressing than that.
Yune and Alice ran away to an unknown place outside of Paris after Alice has gotten tired of the jewery of the Blanche family. Their last moment together was with Alice reminiscing her moments with her family as a young girl, and Yune stepping up to comfort her in this moment of loneliness.

The very last line, which can be seen here () is this: "My hand... could join with it forever?"

>Now, this doesn't explain the three-month gap between her death and the announcement.

she had retired, it seems Japanese usually threat death as a private matter for the family, they had no real reason to advertise she had died, people that worked with her likely knew but again, at this point it was a private, not public, matter.

That didn't happen with other news of deaths in the industry, like Mayu Matsuki, or the author of Highschool of the Dead. The delay wasn't that long. Also, if she had retired, why wouldn't the magazine state that?

It's ok user, by running away they managed to escape the Prussian siege of Paris.

realsound.jp/2015/04/post-3023.html

Her art was wonderful, this is very sad.

Yeah, might have something to do with an unhealthy lifestyle. Which is why manga like stretch are so important.

RIP

I just picked up Croisee too, this is depressing.

Drop it now. Or just watch the anime I guess. It really ends on a bad spot. I wish the GoSick author can continue Croisee in some way.

'Nothing of value was lost' to me is one of the most vile phrases in the English language. To whomever came up with that and turned it into a meme, nobody is laughing.

I was having a nice day and then this happen. Why is the world so cruel.

The problem is not the phrase, it is the edgelords using it for edge-creds.

some things are too good for this world

Rest in peace. She was pretty young too, wasn't she? Too pure for this Earth.

I think I'll rewatch Croisee this summer.