desuarchive.org/a/search/text/flappers next madoka/
youtube.com/watch?v=1PFr39-oVWQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Next Madoka, they said
Anime will be saved, they said
Arthouse masterpiece, they said

Just because nobody bought it doesn't mean it isn't a masterpiece

>Cockona

I honestly thought it wasn't that good. The characters and dialogue were annoying. The stand-alone episodes were alright but it took a complete nose-dive in the second half.

And every fan is annoying as hell with their highschool English level interpretations where every useless plot device is suddenly something really symbolic even though they did literally nothing or where every shot suddenly has three layers of symbolism when it's actually just a vase with flowers like in yesterday's thread.

>masterpiece
my sides

What the hell are you feeding Papika, shitlord?

>masterpiece

Will Americans buy Flip Flappers?

Japan has shit taste.
News at 11

Look at the bright side it don't has huge drop like other series do.

BD sales don't matter anymore.

I'm sure the studio is getting profits from legit streams

god dammit japan

It's not really popular anywhere though. This series only has a tiny demographic and a lot of things that turn people off. It's like the creators didn't know who to pander to. Specifically, it's magical girl, moe, yuribait series with lolis and a lot of fanservice shots. It's very girly but in a way that it turns off women as well as men. I can't imagine that many people watched it.

Well it doesn't have a plateau to drop from in the first place.

>legit streams
cancerfags supporting anime? I find that hard to believe.

The money is in cross promotion. Books, figures, fuck toys, and most of all games. Is there a Flip Flappers pachinko? There is not. Flops don't get pachinko.

damn, not even figures for this anime ?

Great series also

Yeah. Keep on spamming the same threads that would die before hitting 100th post after 18 hours of desperate bumping.

I'm sure your life is worth nothing more

>Next Madoka, they said
Nobody said this.

>but it took a complete nose-dive in the second half

Pic related.

Haven't seen any updates from Sentai yet.

>every literary interpretation is 'highschool level' because I don't like it
Real highschool level criticism right here.

What publisher would want to get the rights of an unpopular series?

desuarchive.org/a/search/text/flappers next madoka/

Fuck off CR shill.

A figure was announced early in the show's airing cycle
And the company that announced it has still said absolutely nothing more on the subject now 7 months later

Sentai licensed it before it aired.

user was right though. Best part of flip flop threads was watching the mental gymnastics people went through over 2deep4u slop.

>not feeding Papika your cock so she can get over her lesbian phase and leave that needy little loser behind
You gotta think ahead, user.

This

Fucking flipflappers stop being so pathetic. There's nothing left to discuss
And you got to be fucking honest with yourself it wasn't that fucking great since the Mimi plot took over.

He's right though. I laughed my as off reading some fan analysis of how Mimi's character is so fucking complex for her issues. Don't get me started on those fucking articles and youtube videos about real-'lesbianism' that started popping up when the show was airing.

>two posts asking if this is the next madoka
>out of the hundreds threads over the course of its airing time
Oh wow.

Flip Flappers is airing in Poland dubbed, stop complaining

I want to hear polish Papika

The dub is shit.

Did you miss the part where Oshiyama confirmed that the show was based on jungian psychology, like the threads speculated?

No, you don't. Trust me.

No use trying to Polish a turd.

They said the same thing about Xenosaga. It's all just babble and fluff in the end.

>It's all just babble and fluff in the end.
Now this is some real high-school level stuff right here

I noticed the symbolism, user. You gotta be 100% brain retarded not to notice all the womb and penis shots, I loved them for doing it. It still doesn't mean it's as deep as some of you faggots believe. Some of the posts were truly laughable, as if anons were completely blinded by their own analysis and forgot what makes a good story.

They are meant for eachother, my dude.

It would have been good had it kept the Pure Illusion exploration theme for another cour or so. But no, it took the totally predictable path
of "Gendo Ikari gathers Dragon Balls to bring back his wife" trope.

I find the interpretation of the fanservice incredibly funny. Somehow every buttshot is actually criticism of the male gaze instead of just a buttshot. It's funny seeing them trying to wrap their heads around what the hell Nyunyu's point was in the series.

You watched an Alice in Wonderland type story that had a few literary references.

>It's all just babble and fluff in the end.
Well the series was conceptualized in a way that if you don't care for these things you can still enjoy the show. But it's evident that the show was set up for this from the beginning,

Jeez user, some people just have fun speculating and analyzing. The big surprise was that some of this came out to be true.

Lots of relationships between absolutely compatible soulmates come apart at the seems because one can't keep their libido in check, or because they get to high on themselves and think they can trade on their looks for a better deal.

Papika is definitely the sort of girl to be weak to a little bit of dick, and it won't be long before she sees Cocona's selfish wet-blanket attitude as something that's just holding her back from scratching that primal itch. Look at this body and tell me it's not something built to be handled roughly by several large men at once. Cocona can't handle all of that herself, and soon Papika will know that as well as we already do.

>But no, it took the totally predictable path
Nobody had predicted how this show would end. This was not predictable.

Everyone please pay more respect to the flip flappers
Yayaka is angry

>"criticism of the male gaze"
>literally so poorly educated he can't even mock analysis properly
Yikes, you're starting to embarrass yourself here, user. Maybe you'd know what a highschool level analysis looked like if you'd finished highschool

>Somehow every buttshot is actually criticism of the male gaze instead of just a buttshot
>criticism
I think you didn't get that "was that really necessary" is supposed to be a joke.
>It's funny seeing them trying to wrap their heads around what the hell Nyunyu's point was in the series
This is the biggest mystery of the universe. We are still working on this.

Oh sorry, if only I had a PhD in mediocre anime interpretation like yourself I could finally see the genius of Flip Flappers.

Post a link to your fanfics, please. I want to read some more.

I'm not saying the speculation was all bad. I enjoyed some of it, all the OC the threads generated was great too.
But what I disliked the most was all the mental gymnastics (as another user put it) to justify the poor second half of the show. I tried to discuss it at the time but some anons were so far up their ass they couldn't see what's wrong with it anymore, as their 'deep' understanding of the show means every poor sequence was intended and in fact - perfect, they found a way to fit it into their 'story'.

Perfect image for your post, kekk'd

I'm just paraphrasing one of the many analysis you guys made up. So what about Flip Flappers buttshot made them different from other buttshots? Why did Nyunyu wear a thong?

>So what about Flip Flappers buttshot made them different from other buttshots?
Cocona's butt was F A T
>Why did Nyunyu wear a thong?
For me, specifically.

Next question.

>nyunyu gets introduced to show how easily yayaka can be replaced and that it even in the cults interest to do so
>a year later people still whine about a character who received hardly any screentime to have been introduced with for a simple purpose
I really don't get this. What's so hard about understanding that she wasn't supposed to be some fleshed out cast member but instead simply got introduced to drive home the point that yayaka is replaceable and that the team works best with 3 members? This has got to be some of the most retarded "criticism " I've ever seen.

What? Speculations going out of hand and anons defending the second half are two different topics. There is also not much wrong with the second half

If people argued that she was pointless that would be fine it's that people come up with stupid theories about her having some greater purpose because SYMBOLISM that's what stupid.

She also looked ridiculous so I do think it's natural to wonder why they chose such a character design.

Because after she served her purpose, she went on existing for another 3 episodes, getting screentime in each

Nobody argued that she had some greater purpose. After she went with team Flip-Flap her entire purpose was being useless.

Flip Flappers was amazing. It's a shame that it sold poorly, but I didn't really expect anything else from Japan's shit taste.

Yeah you certainly would have bitched less had the character that replaced yayaka on the "antagonists" team had suddenly vanished. You would have complained about that instead. But got ahead and clip some excessively animated sequences with her in it. As far as I recall she was mostly in stillshots, where she served as a filler character which sure as hel is not what I would consider valuable screentime.

What the fuck are you even talking about? The character wasn't pointless. It had a purpose. Whether or not you acknowledge that is irrelevant since its a fact.

Can you faggots stop making threads about fucking masterpiece of an anime already? I mean holy shit.

What about western tv broadcasts? It already airs in my shithole on some niche cable channel, even songs are dubbed
youtube.com/watch?v=1PFr39-oVWQ

Nagano, please.

I like Popika.

I honestly can't tell if this is good or bad singing.

>It already airs in my shithole on some niche cable channel
rips when

The song is kind of impressive but that's a pretty bad dub.
>CoCOna

Bad
Channel is available in two cities which aren't even big.

yeah it's pretty bad, dubs used to be good over there but the golden age of glorious cartoon dubbing in Poland is long over, and most of the material was destroyed in flood so no rereleases either.

oh, I assumed you live in one of them and have that channel

The dubbing is amateur as fuck, almost fandub tier.
I wish them good luck but they don't seem to be capable of handling stuff like that. I wonder how Kyoani is letting them dub their anime? They still don't even have a website.

It wasn't flood but fire that destroyed some bulding magazines of public tv.

That's why there is a FliFla thread.

I don't understand the lasting impression this show left on so many people. I say that considering how the show went belly up in its last arc and how the the winter season had so many shows that blew it out of the water in terms of general quality.

I won't lie though, its first 8 or so episodes I followed it and the threads religiously and after years staying away from seasonal anime I give it 100% credit for getting me back into it.

But Mimi's story was so bad. The animation for the finale action scenes was so bad. The fucking salt motor bike scene followed by the picture drama fucking bu-chan voice over travel montage was so terrible. NYUNYU. The yuri blue-balling was so annoying. Papika suffering was unnecessary.

It's the same as SnK season 1. The 8-9 episode buildup to the Eren titan reveal was so captivating, I genuinely thought I was about the witness the masterpiece of the 2010's and then the next 15 episodes happened and it turned out to be terribly paced Shonen snooze-fest. Yet people are still somehow head over heels for it.

What is this? What does Yamakan had to do with it?

>But Mimi's story was so bad
I have yet to see any explanation on why it's supposed to be bad.

Sounds like you're projecting about your own show. May i know what it's called?

Because it wasn't enjoyable. I get that that's a subjective opinion, but it has to be considered when a huge amount of people who watched the show share that same sentiment. As soon as the "plot" kicked in, people started jumping ship.

She wasn't a fun villian. She wasn't a deep villian. Having a shitty dark personality take over due to past trauma that dictates all the shitty things you do isn't new or exciting. It's a dime a dozen story that was introduced into a show that was flying on it's own without it but completely took over the narative.

>but it has to be considered when a huge amount of people who watched the show share that same sentiment
Post shitposting era considered the story-arc to not to be as strong as the rest, but still good.
>completely took over the narative
The narrative was about Cocona not getting eaten by her jungian croco-mum. Can't say that I've seen this much.

where were you during all of fall

In Fli-Fla threads, having fun. The other user already failed.

You and I must have seen differing opinions then. The most prevalent complaint I saw (besides not commuting to the yuri) was the final story arc.

Croco-mum transformation was cool. One of the most vivid peices of imagery that's stuck with me since I finished the show. But besides the specific method of depiction having to overcome the tragic antagonist's dark side to survive and liberate their "true self" is pretty tried and true IMO.

>it was bad because I didn't enjoy it

I'd buy it if it came with Papika blowjobs.

What is the point of these threads, just let it die. I dropped at episode 9 for a reason. Shit got boring. We got a few good reaction images, that's all. Move along citizen.

Only Cockona gets those.

>The most prevalent complaint I saw (besides not commuting to the yuri) was the final story arc.
Yes, and? As I said most considered the story-arc not as good, but still good. It was not free of criticism, but that it somehow ruined the entire show is something that shitposters brought into the threads. The huge amount of shitposting made it difficult to ascertain everyones opinion anyway.
>But besides the specific method of depiction having to overcome the tragic antagonist's dark side to survive and liberate their "true self"
You are really simplifying it and caring about what that dark side is.

This is an opinion only a dumb papika-poster would have.

Repeat after me, "I didn't enjoy the show, but it was a good show regardless of my personar experience with it." Now doesn't sound stupid?

But here try this simple phrase, "I didn't personally enjoy the show, and here are the reasons why I thought it was bad." Doesn't that sound a little better. I think so, I'm sorry you're having such a hard time comprehending simple concepts.

>I didn't enjoy the show, but it was a good show regardless of my personar experience with it
It doesn't sound stupid, no. Happens all the time in reverse. People enjoy a show but can objectively admit that it's shit for a vast amount of reasons. I highly doubt that people think FnF is a good movie franchise, yet people enjoy it because tits a guilty pleasure so to say. If you can't comprehend that something you dislike can still objectively have positive qualities and vice verse then you're fucking retarded, that's all there is to say. But I guess this sort of attitude is the reason why people rate shit either 1 or 10.

The show finished airing four and a half months ago. I'm trying retell my experience as best I can and honestly that's all that stuck with me.

I vaguely remember all the shit about Cocona gaining her self confedence and overcoming Mimi's control of pure illusion. But that's the point I'm trying to make it was uninteresting and weaker than the rest of the show. I vividly remember every single pure illusion adventure from the first part of the show, switching tone and ending on a weak note soured my opinion of the whole thing.

Well, you said that's subjective, I managed to enjoy a lot of things about the final, though more while rewatching. The threads certainy didn't make it easier.

Yamakan made some strong statements about thr state of the industry and vowee that his project Fractale would change things.

Fractale was terrible and flopped hard. 883 was the sales of the first volume, which became a meme because of his statements to the point where the industry uses "Fractales" as a unit of measurement for BD sales.

Flifla coincidentally also sold exactly 1 frt in its first volume

Fucking masterpiece for the ages, future generations will look down on us for not saving anime when we had the chance.

The subjectivity of enjoying media is a beautiful thing indeed.

Seeing Papika bounce back at the end after the suffering put a smile on my face and as I said before, the early episodic part of their adventure revitalized my interest in anime as a whole, it was like a dream come true: mushishi with cute lesbians. I just can't reconcile the mommy issues arc, even before the exposure to the shitposting and negative threads I'd finish every episode dissapointed.

The only bad thing with the second half is the fact that everybody's expectations regarding the mysterious nature of PI and papika were so fucking high the actual revelation came rushing in a convoluted mess and in a very different direction from most of our best predictions, letting everyone down except for the most autistic deep fags and shitposters who had a ride afterwards

Streams aren't even the point about BD sales not mattering. It's the production committee that directly cares about sales. The studio has been already paid and there shouldn't be any financial consequences for them - that includes them not getting anything if the Anime was a huge success.

It really only matters if the studio is part of the committee but I'm not sure about any studio other than kyoani that do this.

The only indirect bad consequence for the studio is they may not get as much work or as much funding because they didn't do so well with their project but there are studios that make nothing but flops for years and they are still running because someone needs to make them animus.