Madoka GOAT!

So I've been watching Madoka and Ep #10 is probably the best all around anime episode ever created in the history of anime. I just wanted to get that out of my system.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=j8S1eIKctaw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=YpuRcmPnSTM
youtube.com/watch?v=Pr9ExScjBno
m.youtube.com/watch?v=r-38Bh9Sr2I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Refrain from posting until you aren't on a mobile device.

subscribed

Madoka is the modern Evangelion.

It's been over since 6 years ago, does that even count as modern in animation?

We'll, it's kind of an upgrade from Eva considering all the symbolism and meaning in Evangelion is just for show where as in Madoka there is tons of hidden meaning and lore.

>Ep #10 is probably the best all around anime episode ever created in the history of anime

what more anime

Care to name one? I've watched so many anime series and I honestly myself can't think of a better episode?

episode 10 is what is known as a god episode.

very few episodes from any series are ever called that in Japan.

Welcome to 2011. Now everyone's a bit jaded about the show. To say the least it's the best executed thing Urobuchi has written, but it's not really that outstanding. Check out some charts on 2010s anime for more.

Higurashi did it better

make sure to watch the movie as well

Madoka was a solid 6/10.

Obviously the dub is superior and I don't care what anybody says! That scream is amazing.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=j8S1eIKctaw

>god episode.
any other episodes that get called like that?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=YpuRcmPnSTM

Make sure to check out modern classics like Maid Dragon and Flip Flappers.

never noticed the dub was this good, homuras jap va is pretty execptional too

on 10/10 eps i'd say code geass r2 ep 25 sticks out, maybe ep 31 of snk in time, and a few from champloo and mushishi

Ancient meme, but I'm still correct

Or Mawaru Penguindrum, Uchoten Kazoku, Mushishi Zoku Shou, Shingeki no Kyojin, Hyouge Mono, Kokaku Kidokai Arise...

That's not fair to Mushishi.

Are you the user who said it was alright so far? If so, happy you continued

Mushishi is not fair to the world, so we're even

>Shingeki no Kyojin, Kokaku Kidokai Arise
Fuck off.

Over time I've grown to like the intro theme more than the ending theme to Madoka.

I think we can all agree that Silver Garden is the best Madoka song though.

Non Non Biyori Repeat episode 4 is the greatest episode of anime.

It was so good it caused Fukushima

It's a quite goodly

I think it's time for a little segment I like to call (real talk) time. It's a short period in the thread where you can ask questions about the series you and most people are usually scared to ask and people can't judge you as long as you say real talk first.

Real talk: whose idea was it to make Sayaka the slut of the series?

>inb4 Urobuchi as he already said he was against the idea

Flip Flappers would have been better if they didn't focus so much on the story and it was just a sol adventure series.

Also Papika and Cocona are really fun names.

The final episode from season one of Sora no Otoshimono (Heavens Lost Property) was pretty good but that's a completely different kind of anime.

It's a shame season two was absolute dog shit compared to season one. It was almost as disappointing as Soul eater Not but I won't go that far.

I think a certain new character ruined it.

Get out of here

Watch more anime first.

You're probably right frankly. I'm not sure if there are any others that could contest it for what it does in terms of plot and characterization.

subscribed

You can subscribe by killing yourself.

I watched them. Madoka Episode 10 is still the best. Nothing else has ever been so engaging that I've felt the same sense of time dilation.

Don't waste your time. He probably hasn't even watched Madoka and a lot of people just like to disagree.

Who was your favorite character by the way?

>I watched them
What, all of them? You watched all of the animes?

>tfw i don't watched it with Sup Forums because i was in /mlp/

2011 /mlp/ was probably just as entertaining, to be fair.

Stay there.

Seriously the best show I have ever watched, it has a sense of pacing and tone that is unlike most shows, and the writing is superb for what it is, always looping back into itself thematically very tightly. It also has themes and symbolism that actually pays off and forms a cohesive whole and aren't there just to look cool and edgy, also unlike most shows.
I have wished desperately for the "watch more animes you pleb" crowd to be right because I want more shows that are this well done, but I never found them.

You are almost correct OP.

But Dance like you want to win is better.

youtube.com/watch?v=Pr9ExScjBno

>outdated
>nostalgia goggles
>bad animation
>poor writing
>filler

>outdated
>nostalgia goggles
>bad animation
>poor writing
>filler

>filler
eva was too long

>>bad animation
>>poor writing
come on now

This was such a good episode.

What were the other four shows you've watched?

>Filler

Lol nope

It's an episode which moves forward the psychology and relationship of asuka and shinji.

And since that's the whole point of Eva, it's not filler.

>Mfw i share the boards with newfags who think Eva is about robots

All of Eva is filler. Nothing means anything.

Overrated. Wow genre subversion! How revolutionary! Symbolism ooo~ And look there's moodiness too! Shocking!

How big of a boner do you get when you pretend you hate something that's popular and good?

>Just for show

not him but Anno himself said most christian symbols are there just for show

still the best anime ever after all this time, but still

>best anime

Holy shit you're such a fanboy. Please take off the nostalgia goggles my dude because I watched Eva back before I was used to good anime and I'll admit I love Eva but I still would never compare it to Madoka.

In all reality FLCL holds more symbolism and meaning than Eva and I personally think FLCL would be a better comparison if you want something to compete with Madoka.

There is more than just Christian symbolism in Eva

>FLCL holds more symbolism
you mean metaphors.

FLCL was a test for animation techniques with a bunch of Freud thrown in
>lmao everything is sex! a penis growing out your head ahahah puberty lol

>deleting his post to re-post as namefag
oh nevermind I didn't notice I was wasting my time with a retard

Madoka threads bring out the worst posters

I watched Evangelion on Adult swim as a kid.

>Madoka threads bring out the worst posters

it's babby's first "oh wait this is not actually cute" anime

(it's still a masterpiece, but its popularity attracts the worst newfags)

The name is so I can continue arguments with people that leave or for when I have to leave and to show my support for the best character in the series.

Also I love how you're trying to defend Eva by oversimplifying FLCL when you can literally do that wih anything in the world and even Anno won't even defend Eva. FLCL completely surpasses it user and you can't even really argue against that.

>when you can literally do that wih anything in the world and even Anno won't even defend Eva.

my first post was literally:
>>not him but Anno himself said most christian symbols are there just for show

remember?

No you weren't actually defending anything and that's coming from an Eva fan. You're just making yourself look like a joke by claiming Evangelion is the best anime of all time.

I will claim that until I have breath

my point in this thread is that Eva's strength does not rely in "deepest lore" hidden symbolism, but in other things.

I think Eva can portray human beings better than many actual movies.

The Evangelion series is average at best and overrated while EoE is actually good and the only reason I'd recommend the Eva series to anybody so that they can watch it but to compare Eva to Madoka is laughable in my opinion and once again this is coming from an Eva fan.

True but that's why it's popular and it's unjustified.

I could literally say I love Evangelion because Asuka is my sweet strawberry shortcake honey mama and I'd be more justified in saying that than the 95% of fans who claim they love it for all the symbolism and meaning it holds.

>True but that's why it's popular and it's unjustified.

I could say the same about Madoka (shock value, shaft art) and it would be true

but "normalfags flock to it for this" is not a reason to worsen my opinion of an anime

Most anime use "shock value" user. If the story is shit none of it matters. Even comedy anime rely on shock value for jokes. Do you not understand that saying that is like saying without relationships Clannad would be bad or something equally as retarded like without Incest Oriemo would suck.

Just because you don't like a popular anime for whatever reason doesn't mean you can handicap it to make an argument. If I was trying to make an argument about Prisma Illya I wouldn't say without the cute girls the series would be shit because that's obviously not the case or it would be a completely different anime.

I think you are under the uncorrect assumption that I do not like madoka.

It's in my top 5, I just rate Eva above.

I am pointing out that you attribute normalfags errors as flaws of the anime itself in Eva case (it's bad because fanbase likes it for the wrong reasons)
which incidentally I said so myself so we agree

but then don't do this for Madoka.
Basically fanbase liking Madoka for the wrong reasons does not concern you, but it does for Eva.

not fair

The creators of every anime on the planet have the option to add as much "shock value" as they damn well please so why aren't they all as popular or more popular than Madoka? Obviously it's not so easy.

Because there's a difference when the creator or the entire series (Anno) specifically says everything is just for show and means nothing. That means the people who enjoy Eva for the symbolic meaning are factually wrong.

>That means the people who enjoy Eva for the symbolic meaning are factually wrong.

they are wrong.
I agree.

It's still not a flaw of the anime, but the public.

The spectacle of EOE alone was good enough reason for people to enjoy it as much as they do but when 95% of the fans try to shove this symbolic meaning bullshit down everybody's throats you can see how it would irritate others and I'd estimate its about 95% of the fanbase easily but when you watch reviews from people who aren't brainwashed they say what I believe a lot of the time.

Eva series - okay
EOE - good and every anime fan should probably watch it at some point

Does that mean I think EOE is even close to the best anime ever? No.

>people
>the fans
>verybody'
>others
>about 95% of the fanbase
>reviews from people

Wow it's like you are talking about flaws in people, not the anime - Amazing!

Goodbye.

I never got why episode 10 was the highlight for people when Sayaka's arc was the best thing about the show.

Thanks for your opinion.

Try watching Madoka when you get a chance user.

kyoumami

I feel like the entire series was good start to finish but common guy, you're honestly are going to sit here and say you don't understand why episode ten was the highlight? We both know better than that.

fuck that overrated teenage angst crap.

>overrated

I like how you hipster contrarians make yourselves so easy to spot. People like you is a sure sign Madoka is good.

It was just revealing Homura's backstory and cementing her as the main character of her own timeline. Sure it gave clarification for the whole show but it doesn't really hold a candle to the storytelling and drama in Sayaka's arc.

What a sad life you must live. Kyoko Sakura is definitely MLG nerd. Let me catch you outside and I'll drown you in a water fountain.

>MLG
major lesbian guaranteed?

Why do you think this bothers me?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=r-38Bh9Sr2I

Kyouko a best.

Homura > Madoka > Sayaka > Kyouko > Mami > Nagisa

Sayaka > Kyouko > Mami > Homura > Madoka >>>> shit >>>> Nagisa

I don't know if the Kyoko art guy who pretends he hates Kyoko still goes to these threads but if you show up at some point a Kyoko clone Rosso Phantasma Ginyu force pose would definitely be the coolest thing ever especially if you had Sayka fighting them dressed in Goku's battle outfit and preferably all torn up.

Decent taste user.

I thought many episodes of many shows were called such, like rezero#13, #18, madoka #3, AoT#1, Angel Beats #3, Clannad AS #18, S;G #25, Anohana #11, Haruhu #12, etc.