NK and SK march under one flag for olympics

thoughts?

reuters.com/article/us-olympics-2018-northkorea/koreas-to-form-unified-ice-hockey-team-march-together-in-olympics-idUSKBN1F60K7?feedType=RSS&feedName=newsOne

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/v4N9gxYsves?t=60
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Trump unified Korea

This is due to president Trump's hardline stance against NKorea. Norcs have to put their tails between their legs and appear as though they want to look peaceful.

What fucking cucks.

The only thing an unstable dictator is afraid of it another unstable dictator...?

shills fuck off

in what way? that they allowed their country to be torn apart by external forces?

North Korea declared war on South Korea, those external forces saved South Korea.

Now South Korea is under the same flag with a country who tried to genocide them.

except there wouldn't have been a north and south korea if the US didn't ignore the provisional gov't

/leftypol/

Fuck off Commie.

i'd like to have a serious discussion please fuck off if you have nothing to contribute

Everything that needed to be said has been said.

hey fellow kids. funny i was just thinking of the links between Reagan and Trump. Leftists resisted Reagan the whole 80s, they said he was a failure, corrupt and mentally incompetent. It was only 2 decades later that any objective credit was given to his administration.

I wonder if Trump sees North Korea as his Berlin Wall chance - if North Korea actually fell and unified with SK, it would be a shining achievement for Trump.

>wants a discussion
>can't bother writing at least 2 paragraphs explaining his opinion or even lazily quoting the article

Who's going to buy lunch?

The host.

how do you figure?

>stop having a discussion in the way I don't like
You are a faggot.

you do realize they're only like that because of (((sanctions))) right? every gov't has the right to own nuclear weapons, period

this short (1m40s) video from SOUTH Korea should answer your question OP

here i even skipped to the bit about the Olympics for u:
youtu.be/v4N9gxYsves?t=60

but it's worth watching from the start

>north korea has acquired power projection that outclasses south korea and japan
>north korea subsequently collapses
nonsense

btw has anyone else noticed that captcha is now just clicking the checkbox

desu Kimmy is doing an amazing job of legitimizing his government. They seem very aware that they need to overcome the propaganda that portrays them as bond tier super villains. At this point gaining sympathy on the world stage is huge for them, and that's not such a difficult task considering feelings towards the U.S. in much of the world. Seems they're utilizing a lot of the same strategy they use domestically, playing up the idea that they are a small defiant nation standing up against the evil world super power trying to subjugate them. They're smart to overcome the fear of looking weak by playing nice with South Korea, it greatly undermines Western propaganda portraying them as the aggressors. I think they might also be considering the fact that with South Korea's recent corruption scandals, we very well could see support for unification under NK banner on the rise if they can convince people they are the good guys seeking to defend Korea from foreign corruption and influence.

>I wonder if Trump sees North Korea as his Berlin Wall chance

he doesn't seem that sophisticated when it comes to global affairs to be honest. but i don't doubt that he will take credit if the koreas are united under his administration. it's pretty sad desu

cool analysis, very insightful! thank you!

well technically it was made by NKs in an SK animation studio and broadcast on SK (and presumably NK) tv.

do you think there's any chance that NK's relations with the rest of the world could be normalized? (not including anglo powers of course)

North Korea has done something like this before in the past when Seoul hosted the games. Not unify, but wanted to help host the games

nice. it makes sense for them to unify, but the biggest obstacle in my opinion is how the north and south would share power and if they can agree on a common vision for the peninsula. the korean war didn't resolve that fundamental dispute and i don't really see it being resolved ever as the north and south become increasingly culturally different. historical forces have pushed them to diverge, not converge, it looks like they're balkanized for good. even germany to this day has differences between east and west

SK government are already aggressive authoritarians in practice and now they can get the nukes the North developed, everyone wins

>sanctions are the sole reason why north korea starves
>every government has the right to own nuclear weapons
>it's only just that when zimbastan and shitholestan goes to war because one dictator said something mean about the other dictators sister that they can cause global nuclear armageddon

Well even though China seems to be getting a little fed up with NK (NK has left the realm of proxy war tier country for world superpowers and their aggression is being played on the mutually assured destruction stage, China seems to be trying to get NK to pump the breaks a bit), North Korea has already found a sympathetic ear and relations with many nations. Plenty of African and Middle Eastern countries are more than happy to do business with them, and most importantly of all Russia is trading and doing business with them albeit not so openly but everybody knows about it. Two out of three world super powers being open to work with them is a pretty big deal, I'd say outside of anglo powers NK relations are growing steadily.

>implying iran and israel nuking eachother is a bad thing

that's the obvious thing to do, but then seoul would face backlash from anglo countries

Please stop making us look retarded

>Russia is trading and doing business with them albeit not so openly but everybody knows about it.

why doesn't russia do it openly though? they're sanctioned too. what's wrong with sanctioned countries doing business with eachother, if only out of necessity?

> Two out of three world super powers being open to work with them is a pretty big deal, I'd say outside of anglo powers NK relations are growing steadily.
ah, good point. i dunno why china even agreed to the sanctions in the first place, maybe as a warning to kim or something? what do you think?

explain how i'm wrong

Trump will never get credit for this. Meanwhile Obama single handedly located and pulled the trigger on Osama. Even Reagan gets credit for tearing down the wall (although Gorbachev gets most kudos from the left).

>discussion
Will never happen but keep dreaming

the problem with trump is that he's tactically incompetent. he only knows how to wield the stick, not the carrot

By complete accident. These are the unforeseen consequences of being a retard with power.

If two african nations nuked each other, nobody would fucking care bro. Neither USA nor Russia is gonna destroy their nation to protect fucking zimbabway.

>By complete accident.
Wrong.

Wtf is going on. Is this some carrot and the stick shit

He's not wrong though. Granted, they would be able to feed their people just fine in the first place if they didn't go full retard with their own food production, but the sanctions definitely make the situation much worse. Considering their national resources they could easily afford to feed their people well if they could openly trade with the rest of the world.

I'd like to point out that even though my posts might seem sympathetic towards NK, I don't support them or their government in any way. I think they're dangerous, and I'm opposed to all authoritarian governments. There's plenty of reasons to dislike them without buying into ridiculous over the top propaganda though.

They don't do it openly because the UN tells them they can't. They end up agreeing to a bunch of shit in the UN that they don't really want, because even if they play tough ultimately nobody wants to rock the boat too much. Most likely China agreed because there was simply a lot of pressure to do so, but also speculatively to let Kim know he needs to knock it the fuck off.

this. The propaganda has the main purpose of buying the NK nuclear program some time and delaying US military action.

proof

So whats the flag look like?

>They don't do it openly because the UN tells them they can't.

they're on the UN security council. i thought this is why the UN is dysfunctional because it's split

Nobody asked for your opinion Achmed.

>unified team
this fucks over SK players big time
you can only send so many players to the ice rink

>duhh hurrr i get to decide who can and cannot defend themselves
retard nigger

>US military action.

china said it would intervene if the US acts first. does trump really want to be known as the president that initiated WW3?

those players represent the country, not themselves. it's not about their own ego

sometimes it is like that

you misunderstand. when rodman said trump and kim are similar, i'm pretty sure he meant it in the bellicose sort of way. also
>new reports
fake news

>you misunderstand.
Gas yourself kike

>thoughts?
WINNING!

>trump and kim act like big kids

i'm curious as to what you think "big kids" mean

for who?

really? you REALLY don't see whats going on? nah you are just fucking with me.

no, i really don't. there isn't enough evidence other than baseless speculation

>other than for*

Lost it at Bush morphing into a monkey

omg where to begin. well start catching up on history buddy. because America has a huge part in the situation that led up to this total win. when you have you will get it

pro tip: it happened right after ww2

total win for who?

FOR THE KOREANS YOU FGT. FUCK IGNORANT MUTT

how was i supposed to know you're not a trumpfag? you speak like one. also, what exactly do you mean by "what's going on" and what does it have to "happened right after ww2"? anything specific, or do you mean the korean war in general?

to important to let slide

North Korea has been unified for years, but americans arent allowed to know. Kim Jong Un is just a fake boogie man in american propaganda. This is just how theyre spinning it so the americans dont catch on...

There wouldn't have been a provisional government if they hadn't submitted to being a jap rape farm.

questioning the the godsend to planet fucking earth, i don't think so.
yes i meant the Korean war. how they got separated and why. no one, NO ONE got them to do this so far. and trump tweets his tweets, a few scuffles here and there in the media (theirs and ours) and BOOM we got our first baby steps towards a solution for one of the long lasted events (america/SK are still at war with NK) and here is the zinger...not a single shot fired.

seriously this man can bring world peace and the politicians around the world will still hate him. that's okay tho. he knows that, we the people have him in our hearts

The song is South Korean. They were pissed because Apollo Ohno fell in the olympic speed skting race on their guy and they still insist it was a conspiracy. South Koreans take the garbage winter olympics very seriously--- Kim Yuna is their national hero, despite being a female figure skater. Every Korean knows about this event and still gets triggered by it.

Despite the fact that they literally robbed Roy Jones Jr in Seoul 15 years prior in the worst boxing judgement of all time.

bamp

>what is a false flag

bushee, ha
bushee, ha
ha.
ha.

and then the sombre notes that play as he morphs... poetry

this
SK probably want more to nuke Japan than NK do.

Burgers actually believe this? DPRK has been trying to unify the peninsula since 1950.

So why didn't they before?

you wouldnt let them, duh. you love having bases in South Korea

Unironically read DPRK news
NK and SK are both getting annoyed by US and Japan