An inch of snow falls in America

...and everyone loses their minds.
They even have the audacity to call this 'winter weather', oh please.
Are Americans the shittiest drivers on the planet or are they just plain stupid?

Other urls found in this thread:

accuweather.com/en/weather-news/reports-over-500-collisions-occur-amid-disruptive-snowstorm-in-north-carolina/70003869
accuweather.com/en/weather-news/snow-ice-take-aim-at-houston-s/22429062
youtube.com/watch?v=W9fI5M6_XVk
hp2.wright-weather.com/icons/us_chill.gif
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

accuweather.com/en/weather-news/reports-over-500-collisions-occur-amid-disruptive-snowstorm-in-north-carolina/70003869
accuweather.com/en/weather-news/snow-ice-take-aim-at-houston-s/22429062

We're not used to driving through Maple syrup covered roads, you leaf freak.

the absolute state of USA.
LMFAO

Oh it's much worse than you think. Even drivers who live in northern states act like they've never seen snow in their entire lives once winter begins - even though we have fucking 6 months of it every god damned year.

The first snowflake of the season is always followed by the first illegal driving their car off the road.

Is
>pictured
supposed to be a
>snow storm
?
Ffs burgers, you don't even know what winter is.

I know. Sad isn't it?

Lets just blow the budget and roll out sand and salt trucks all winter long up our 30* incline highways and beltways for weather we otherwise never get. Don’t forget to put them snow tires on, it’s changing seasons y’know! Or, we can just shut them down for a couple days and not waste a bunch of fucking time and money

T. Houston

Sup Forums tier thread

This.
Sage

America is a big place leaf. I'm an Ohio boy and I've been driving just fine. Albeit a little slower. We've got about 9 inches of snow here. Lots of places have it even worse

American snow is unlike any other nations snow. Especially Canada's.
It's the greatest and best snow. Your mind can't even imagine how skilled one needs to be do drive on just a dusting of American frozen precipitation.

I agree with my fellow Houstonian on this one. Plus most people wouldn’t even know how to begin driving on iced over streets. This isn’t a common occurrence here.

everything was close yesterday due to a bit of ice
texans are pussies

Fuck driving right now. There's 6 inches of snow! WHAT IS THIS!!!!!!!!! Northcarolinafag here

If it stays freezing cold for weeks/months, it's easy as shit to deal with. Clear the snow when it lands and shit.
The problem is when the weather fluctuates between freezing and melting so that even a single night of sleet/snow glasses up the roads with black ice. Plus when the snow is very inconsistent it must create staffing difficulties or expensive. Do you have thousands of snow plough drivers, road-gritting-truck drivers etc on standby in case it snows? Or do you draft them in as necessary when the occasional snow comes?

Logistically, dealing with long periods of consistently freezing-level temperatures is much simpler than dealing with day-to-day raining/freezing/melting/snowing/sleeting

Problem with us down here is that we get just enough snow/freezing rain/both to basically create 4 layers of ice about an inch thick all over the highways and bridges (bridges especially) and just stays that way till it heats back up. Snow is nbd, it’s when it near instantly turns into ice is when it’s an issue, which is essentially what happens here.

honestly this.

Same thing here to be honest. People are shit drivers everywhere.

Snowflakes mess up everything

Its not only america, everytime it snow here theres several crashes or people going off the road.

wow incredible, you realize it never snow there?

Upstate SC enjoying the day off.

In places where it does not snow much, people don't know how to drive in it, and don't usually have vehicles or tires that are equipped to deal with it. It may come as a surprise to you, but our entire country is not in perpetual winter like yours.

southern states filled with niggers and spics driving on bald summer tires. omg americans can't drive in snow.

Fuck you nigger we have 5 inches in NC
We don't have the plows to deal with it
Southerners can't drive in snow
No one has snow tires or chains

The Northermost US city, Fairbanks Alaska.
It rained for five hours yesterday and washed the snow away.

they dont have winter tires dumbass. add that to their inexperience with snow and you get accidents

land of the fatmass, dumb and mutts

OHH SAY CAN YOU SHART
IN THE LOCAL WALMART

I'm with the leaf on this one, folks seem to forget how to drive if there's over an inch of snow. I don't get it and I live in the northeast where it snows every year, right around the same time and every year yankees lose their minds as soon as the weather guy says the "S Word".

Problem is in places that it doesn’t snow much is that it doesn’t snow, I mean it does technically for the precipitation, it just ices because of the weather riding the above/below freezing temperature line throughout the course of the day, wind chill fucks with all of it the most

we got 8" here it will melt before plowed in rural. areas. last big snow it was 8 days before my road was plowed and at least 9 miles to reach a plowed road.

>an inch
NC here, it's like 4 inches

there's so much snow here i heard that the state is going to legalize dog blowjobs and replace trump with a substitute drama teacher

If you work a government job or are in college, you don't even have to go to work when it snows here. It's basically a holiday it's so rare.

My city, for example, receives snow on average less than one day a year. This means people don’t ha e snow tires, salt trucks, experience dealing with driving on ice, etc.

Since it only takes one mongrel to cause big problems, snow can be a big fucking deal.

I always feel smug when I see people struggling with cold weather. In Finland drifting on snow is national hobby.

youtube.com/watch?v=W9fI5M6_XVk

>implying there arent shit drivers everywhere

leafs, America is to big to make these generalizations, I live next to great lake, I get so much snow (lake affect). Stop being a retarded leaf and furthering the stereotype as well as hate against your kind

This. I have driven down in southern states during freezing rain, pretty bad. Of course, no one there uses winter tires so you're basically asking for it.

>nobody has winter tires
The only people in Texas that have winter tires are people living in the panhandle/Lubbock because winter weather is actually common there. For the rest of the south, it’s absolutely retarded for everyone to spend money on a set of winter tires that may get any actual use once every 4+ years

It rains here more than it snows by far, hence the reason why we shut things down for snow and not rain

The leaf forgets about Michigan doesn't he.
Pic related is average across the state for January so we're probably the most prepared for winter outside of Alaska

So am I my friend

>North Carolina
>All of America
Stupid fucking Leaf, we are not all slack-jawed, inbred sister fucking, toothless Bible toting, snow scared hillbillies named Cletus you know. I live in fucking upstate NY near the border and we get feet of snow and fucking know what to do with it.

As someone who once lived in Mississippi, a state that receives next to no snow per decade, snow is fucking rare and they don't have any preparations for it as a result. Why would you prepare for something that may happen once every 25 years? Why do I say 25 years? Because in the twenty-five that I lived there, it snowed exactly once. Result? School was cancelled. Then I moved to northern Michigan and they freak out when its more than 80F outside.

As an aside, I prefer the snow over the heat as snow and cold are much easier to deal with. I'm also white so they may have something to do with it.

>lake affect
That is a god damned meme and a lie. Its your excuse for going "Well sure is quirky XD"

It's funny because it hasn't been all that cold here in Alaska this winter. The other day it was 60 degrees and I was watching the news about snow in Florida

Alaska will warm slightly cuz of the approaching grand solar minimum. Look it up user. Very interdasting stuff.

Well part of it is when there are cold fronts in the south, it pushes warmer air up the coast from Cali

This. It's like it's a fucking surprise every year. Sure is fun getting stuck behind grandma in her 92 Civic doing 20km/h on my way to work because the dumb CU didn't think that maybe it might snow in Canada.

BASED WAKE COUNTY EDITION

I took pics yesterday just walking around. It was 55 where I live and no snow on the ground or streets.

oh yeah bud we got a foota snow over here and they're wailin aboot a lil bit like that? what a bunch of pussies, eh?

Ditto.

Leaf. Sage.

But seriously leaf, you know damn well that northerners have no trouble with the snow. When you go down south, people loose their shit because they have no experience driving in the snow. That's why you get stories like this coming from the Carolinas or Texas or wherever every time the streets get dusted.

maybe it's because everybody in america drives "muhstayngs and shevveees" that can't drive for shit on anything other than dry tarmac. get a fuckin scooby, eh?

>Even drivers who live in northern states act like they've never seen snow in their entire lives once winter begins
They're almost all transplants. You can't survive to adulthood in the northern US if you can't drive in the snow. It's just not possible.

Northern states are usually fine when winter comes, it's only in the Deep South where everything goes tits up if more than a half an inch of snow falls. Which makes sense - most of the time it doesn't drop below freezing more than a handful of times a year.

>TFW Colorado and get like 16 inch storms and just go romp my truck around

Lot of sub-Saharan immigrants never seen snow before.

ever since we allowed shitskins, asians, and niggers in hordes weve gone downhill, this is not news.

Anyone who lives south of NYC is a pussy imo

an inch of water falls in the desert and everybody dies. do these stupid nigger desert dwellers not know how to deal with a little water? rofl

That feeling you are having is the same feeling we in the south get when you northerners complain about a little heat.

The southern US is not the US. Yes, they are retarded.

This. 2 inches in Arkansas the entire state shut down

Murica gets snow, but you fucking canacucks get snow and Syrian refugees. Whose laughing now, Justin?

The problem is mexicans and retarded white trash in pickups. You know how many stupid good ol' boys run their pickup full speed just cause it has 4x4 stamped on the side? Every one of them. I drove a fucking 09 Camry home in 8 inches and saw 3 pickups on the side of the roads. Only other wrecked car I saw was an old 90's van which I can only assume belonged to a mexican.

Arizonan here....No snow so far but it fills me with dread knowing it's coming.

Another stupid amerimutts thread by a Canadian. Why is your entire sense of self worth based on putting us down? Is that the only way you can feel relevant?

I don't even kick on AWD for an inch of snow and I've never bought snow tires.
I'm not even driving anything special, it's a fucking nissan x-trail.

NC fag here, this only applies to southern Americans. We get an inch of snow and the grocery stores sell out of food and drivers are sliding off the road. Pisses me off seeing soccer moms driving in their little honda civics and honda odysseys, getting stuck going up hills. Get a truck with four wheel drives you idiots.
>pic related Raleigh when it snows

Ive literally seen snow 2 times in my life
My doggo got to see it for the first time last night. I wouldnt dare hit the roads today. To even get a tow truck down here right now would take hours

I have a fucking Yaris with normal tires and will drive on completely snow covered roads where you can't tell where the road ends and a pasture begins if a car hasn't passed through before you after a snow fall. The joys of living in rural NY and having to commute before the plows.

I've never driven in the snow. What am I in for? Any tips? Help me please.

>Get a truck with four wheel drives you idiots.
You don't even need that, you just need a functioning fucking brain to handle driving in snow.

I would search online for tips. But one problem I've seen is people overestimating how well their vehicle brakes in the snow, and sliding off the road and getting stuck in the snow. An adage is "four-wheel drive is not four-wheel brake."
Seems that whenever the temperature drops below zero, ice forms on the roads, cars crash, people get snowed in, etc., somebody wants to one-up the area with how their part of the world is even colder. Doesn't make a difference, doesn't change the laws of physics, especially to people in areas that typically aren't cold and snowy.

do you have a FWD? It helps. AWD is even better. Go slow, kick it in low gear for hills, don't overcorrect, watch everyone else and dont be stupid. Go slow.

that was a funny winter

Trying using the Scandinavian flick to shave a few seconds off your course time.

Stupid.

They just don't want to slow down.
It doesn't require special skills to drive in light snow, you just have to reduce your speed a bit and you'll be perfectly fine.

Fuck. You need extra time to accelerate and brake, similar to piloting a boat.
Here's what you do- before you get on a major road, find an empty clear spot and hit your brakes. See how long it takes you to stop. You'll get a feel for the road slip and your brain will start making compensations to the way you drive.

The prediction of snow had people freaking out in durham when i lvd there. The actual snow like less than a inch and I 40 was a dumpster fire w cars all along the ditches! From Mi, so i was one of very few that slept and worked at duke med univ cen for a couple days because no one would or could drive. I had a blast!

I'll admit, Americans by large are completely incapable of snow driving. Denver is the only major city I've been too where they don't lose their shit (mountain people with AWD and much practice)

I grew up in North Dakota and am well versed in snow, but driving here in St. Louis people are such shit snow drivers I avoid it like the plague.

Literal fucking idiots that need to take an intro physics class

Ffs. We get snow EVERY year. Yet Monday there was LESS THAN An INCH

Counted 20 cars in ditch on my way to work
>every fucking time

Or just get a car with traction control.....which is every car made in the last 10 years.

Is you have FWD and sense grip loss "skiing" the front wheels (turning back and forth against the slip) is a pretty great trick. Bit more advanced though, and for slower speeds/ hills

Yeehaaaa! Lock those hubs in Wilson Faggot!

Im guessing!
My brother is in Va Bch and they are getting hammered now and he said his power went out also!!!! He has a fireplace which was my first question!

Gotta go fast.

As a Texan who spent a year in Wisconsin I disagree. Come snow up there people are riding around on jet skis, every road is plowed, and every road is salted. The issue is the winter cracks roads like eggs and they eventually wither away.

Er. Not jet skis. That's summer. Snowmobiles.

Confirmed!

Chill map, last updated almost an hour ago: hp2.wright-weather.com/icons/us_chill.gif

You have to refresh the page.

Chicago was surprisingly good too. And Minneapolis too (of course)

power went out in Charlotte, made a pot of coffee old fashioned style and now I'm back on the grid. feelscomfy

Every reply the eternal leaf should be a picture of your prime faggot.

Silly Texan. You are forgiven though

trump fixed global warming

>need to start the snow thrower intensifies

Al Gore is MIA.