How long are these debt collectors going to call me? Until I pay the $2,000 to them or until they sue me...

How long are these debt collectors going to call me? Until I pay the $2,000 to them or until they sue me? I acquired the debt in Georgia and now I live in Michigan

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ryTn81fJUko
annualcreditreport.com/index.action
amazon.com/Credit-Repair-Improve-Avoid-Scams-ebook/dp/B078MR2FN7/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1516228245&sr=1-1&keywords=Credit Repair: Make a Plan, Improve Your Credit, Avoid Scams.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pay your debts nigger

if you ignore the calls for 3 months they just cancel the debt.

you'll be fine bro. just ignore them. the problem will fix itself.

kek
suck more jew cock, slave

tell them to stop calling and they are legally obligated to do so

also my waifu

So all their threats of suing are just scare tactics?

this is what i do with failure to vote fines all the time. after a while they just stop bothering as the cost to recoup the fine costs more that the fine it's self.

Pretty sure this isnt tru. They'll take it to a judge and he'll rule on it and you'll get shit repo'd

Somewhat, they might take your ass to court. Worst case scenario is that they might start garnishing your wage.

Usually if you agree to make a minimum monthly payment (like $50ish) they are fine. Pay it off asap.

When a debt collector buys your debt ticket from the jews you owed money to, they own that debt. At that point even if you pay off your debt it will still show up in your credit score. Which is the entire point of paying it off.

People forget that it once it has been put into your credit report, it will stay there as bad credit for 7 years iirc. So regardless if you pay it will be written that you didn't pay the original debt.

As far as them suing you, this is extremely rare. And when it does happen it is typically with person whos debt is in the $100,000. With a debt of $2000, its not even feasible to take you to court, let alone for them to make any more off you.

tldr; Dont pay your debt, just wait out the seven year statute. Block all of them, of tell them to stop calling you. Move on with your life.

Is that rebecca?

ghost them for a few more months then try to negotiate them for 25% of the debt. They'll probably take it but if not just keep ghosting and trying again later. It will work sooner or later, just make it clear that that's all you have and that's all they can ever hope of giving. Say nothing to them about any assets of any value at all - no tech, no car, no house, etc.

I currently have zero “wages”

any becca feet pics?

Will do. I hope you’re not just trolling me. I haven’t even made verbal contact with them

Depending on the kind of debt it may not matter. 2k isn't a ton of money and a lot of companies are more likely to write it off than to go through with getting a judgement on you.

Depending on the type of debt it'll follow you for 7 years and then drop off your credit report.

Or you know, you could just make arrangements to pay it. Maybe try to settle for a smaller amount or offer to make payments.

>How long are these debt collectors going to call me?
Get a new phone number.

I wonder how much an agreement to pay part of a debt hurts your credit. Say you owe $10k and they agree to call it even with $5k

Failure to pay for 3 months means your loans become delinquent. At that point, they can press charges or just let the debt sit, or sell it off and let someone else try to collect on it. If you can't pay, and you care tired of being harassed by them, tell them to stop contacting you.

It depends. Is it credit card debt? Hospital bills? Usually you get sued for not paying on car loans or credit cards.

The risk of just sitting and waiting is that you might wake up one day and find out a judge ruled that American Express can now garnish your wages.

If they can take it further and you can't afford to pay it straight off, get in touch and set up a payment plan. They should take your current income into account. The problem with waiting is that the court will add extra fees on top.

Then once you start making money, they'll descend on you like vultures. Even if it isn't from a job, if they find out you're making money, they can use the courts to go after that.

Make sure they don't find your bitcoin stash.

youtube.com/watch?v=ryTn81fJUko

Im not trolling. However you should never take advice at face value. I highly recommend you educate yourself on this so that you may not suffer the stress of a debt collector's harassment or the weight of debt on your shoulders.

I have one $2,500 debt from a credit card and a $1,800 medical debt from having wisdom teeth removed

what kind of debt is it, if you don't mind me asking?

credit card debt? student loan debt?

It won't(To my knowledge, it didn't hurt mine when I did). Once it's paid off, it's off your credit report, but you don't get any benefit for paying your bills on time.

Pay the credit card debt first. Unless you have a $30,000 medical bill, they're not gonna waste resources trying to collect on that $1,800 debt.

You might be able to negotiate something, like paying a lump sum of $1500-$2000 within a 90 day period, and the debt is wiped away.

So theres no reason to pay off the full debt if they agree to a lower amount? Thats unbelievably good... got a source for that?

I do have small debt but im making minimum payments with my savings.

Going to get a masters now so I'm considering using student loans to pay off credit card loan. Then when I get a job again I have one simple loan to worry about

I just tell them they have the wrong number

Horrible advice in this thread. DO NOT PAY DEBT COLLECTORS!

>Do not identify yourself over the phone.
>Do not speak on the phone. Use written letters.
>if you acknowledge your debt over the phone you fucked up bigtime.

Debt collectors are scum that use scare tactics. You never entered an agreement with these companies. You can not be criminally charged. If your debt has reached a debt collector, the damage has been done already. Paying debt collectors will not make a change to your credit. The worst a debt collector can do is sue you. In most states, to be sued, you need to be physically given court papers. ie "being served" Check your state. Debt's have a limit on how long they can pursue collection. 6 years is common. You credit report only goes to 7 years prior. Meaning it will be wiped of your credit report in 7 years.

Hire a company to challenge the veracity of said debts. Companies are obligated to give written correspondence within 30 days. If they do not, it will be removed from your credit report. If they respond, they will challenge the methods. Most companies can not complete this within 30 days. Meaning most bad debts can be removed. Meaning debt collectors will have no foot to stand on if they take you to court. This is why you should not talk to these fuckers. Tell them not to call you anymore. They legally can not call you.

Improve your credit by getting a secure credit card and carry and 30% balance.

T. Business Fag who had bad business deals.

are you going to continue to post this same thread everyday? what is this, a honeypot from debt collectors?

One was a student credit account for $2,500 and the other is a medical bill for $1,800

Idk what the minimum amount is, but if your debt is high enough, someone buys your debt, then you wait the 7 years for it to be dissolved, you may have to claim it as income due to "debt forgiveness" on your tax returns. Happened to me a couple years ago. Filed my taxes then got a letter back from the IRS stating that I had to claim it in an amended return form. Sucked, but the discrepancy was only like $500. This was from a small car loan that was ~$5k

And carry and 30% balance? Wat?

Thanks for the advice. I fucked up already acknowledging one. But the other two I haven’t acknowledged

a 30% balance on a credit card is the optimum amount for raising your credit score.

What if I get sued but have no wages to garnish?

Less than 30% not 30% exactly

They take ur foreskin

I have never been to court. I have had people searching for me to serve papers. the worst thing you can do is not show up to court. If you skip court you will automatically loose, and a judge can freeze your bank account and garnish wages. I would recommend opening a new bank account. Companies must identify bank accounts which is not easy.

if you show up to court, and loose. A judge will still examine your ability to pay. Judges will throw out debts sometimes if you are a poor fag. Usually a judge will not punish you in a way that is significantly worse than the terms the debt collector is already pursuing.

It's called a settlement.

Get the agreement beforehand
and the proof that you paid it in
writing after. If you don't they can
screw you later and say they never
agreed to settle it.

Seen people pay like $1000 to close
$10000 bills before.

How much do/did you owe to have people searching for you to serve you?

you get fined for not voting? What a shit load of fuck! Voting is a right not a mandate, abstaining from a vote is just as valid a choice. Otherwise you are forced into choosing among options you disagree with. Emu rebellion when?

Wondering if I should do that and possibly have it hurt my credit score for 7 years vs paying it in full but it taking time

the only company that tried to serve me was for 1,200. These companies serve as a scare tactic. The majority of people wimp out, and start paying because of the threat of litigation. ALWAYS FIGHT.

nigger, stop being a nigger and pay your fucking debt! sell your computer if you have to, you fuck!

If they sue, go to court. Reschedule. Reschedule again. Eventually becomes too expensive for them. They won't die for 2Gs anyways.

DO NOT MAKE PAYMENTS. EVERYTIME YOU MAKE A PAYMENT THE CLOCK GETS RESET. MEANING IF YOU HAVE A 5 YEAR OLD DEBT, and pay $100, you just played yourself. That debt becomes current again and you reset the clock for another 7 years .

Further more, it will do nothing to improve your credit. Debt collectors are literally Kike scum that buy debt for pennies on the dollar and scare people.

>LOL this level of niggotry.

debts NEVER just "go away" don't forget (((they))) created usury and invented the debt based economy.

Here's what you do; you try to outjew the jew. Seems impossible right? Well it's not. When someone has a debt that goes into collections, the collections agency only pays a fraction of the original debt to aqquire it. Why would a company actively accumulate debt you're asking yourself. Because there's lots of suckers that will set up a payment plan after being harassed for years, during which you will be absolutely RAPED on apr and fees associated with the debt. They are counting on thousands of braindead americans paying EXTRA every month to slowly pay off a debt that they aquired for literally pennies on the dollar. that's the best case scenario for the debt collector, that you say fuck it, and pay out every month till the full amount is recouped.
Now, onto the proper way to deal with a debt. Call the agency once you receive communications from them. Tell them whatever story you like, the operator doesn't give a fuck. Tell them you KNOW they aquired your debt for a fraction of the cost and tell them you are willing to settle for an agreed upon sum. You will go through several periods of negotioation while you try to get the amount owed brought down. Eventually, when they settle at a price you feel is good, then pay them ffs and call equifax and have that shit taken off your credit report.
You always have to pay, but YOU decide how much. The jew always wins sadly.

Thats really rich coming from a puerto Rican. You fucking welfare queen fucks.

I was just sued for $6500.
No shit! But it was by the attorney general on behalf of the University of Akron

also this. Every time you pick up the phone when they call, or pay even a penny the debt clock gets reset.
Also, keep in mind that every time that debt gets sold to another collection agency, the debt clock gets reset. So the 7 year meme is really just that, a meme.

just send them a letter telling them not to contact you again and legally they can't unless it's then to sue you

The Jew will hunt its prey to the gates of Hell and beyond. Even if the Jew dies before collection is made, the Jew's spirit dies in such an enraged, blood-thirsty state that their spirit remains anchored to the material world until your debt has been paid.

because you defaulted on your student loans nigger, you are LITERALLY part of the problem.

Depends on the person but honestly it's
not that hard to get your credit up even
if you sink it.

If you plan on buying a house or car next
week you probably pay it in full.

A settlement will show up on your credit
as a settlement but even that isn't a
huge deal to a lot of lenders.

damn, you've got me.. at least I know more than one language, how many can you speak, retard?

So basically settle, and end the game. Never get in debt again. The hit to credit then is gone after 7 years. Get proof in writing.

>So all their threats of suing are just scare tactics?
yup, actually you should look into predatory debt making, where you sue bill collectors who break federal law, it's like they pay you to not pay your bills, funny shit

>you always have to pay, but YOU decide how much. The jew always wins sadly.

that is not true. You can challenge the accuracy of the debts. They must prove to the penny within 30 days. Most cannot. This is what debt agency's do.

T. Fagg who wiped clean 80% his credit report.

Change your phone #...

It will be recorded as settled, not paid in full until it falls off of your credit report if it appears on it.

This is correct. Also keep in mind that once you get it sorted, you can contact all the credit reporting agencies and dispute literally anything on there. Now, of you do that right before trying to get a mortgage you just played yourself, because lenders do not look favorably upon disputes on someones credit history. The process usually takes a couple of months but you can get all kinds of shit taken off such as; late payments, reposessions after 3-4 years, etc. My credit jumped 45 points in a day after I called and had them do some housekeeping on my credit report.

I plan to make good money with a masters in comp sci, so I should he able to pay it.

My main issue is, I will be taking a student loan, I could take out more student loans and pay off my credit debt in full or in part... since the student loan debt is lower interest than credit debt

Can’t you just buy a used car for $3,000 cash?

Literally nigger-tier

student loans never go away user. Even through bankruptcy they stay. Keep that in mind.

The second a company sells their debt to a debt collector you are no longer obligated to pay the debt to the collector. They can suck your ass hairs all day long. They will threaten all sorts of things. They just trying to scare you or make you feel guilty.

They'll just take your house then.

Then you get a judgment which will likely last quite a while and prevent you from getting further credit that does not have a terrible deal attached.

My folks are helping me out but even with that its starting to burden them and I feel bad. With student loans at least I'm taking the hit not them.

I hear they have fair minimum payment though? Its really non-issue I imagine unless you pay the minimum for soooo long that the interest balloons your debt...

I don’t have a house

Look I have about $4500 in credit card debt, and I lost my job and was hospitalized before the holidays. I'm limping along from construction job to construction job, but these people keep calling me daily. I've never answered just because I don't have any money to my name. All my money goes to food, rent, and my car. It's been almost 3 months now.

I don't want to have a 7 year long battle to get this debt taken off, but I feel like I should contact them. What should I do? I don't know if it's debt collectors, or the company I got my cards from,

I'm trying my hardest to stay positive but shit is getting to me. I just need a guide forward.

Is that the cute cop from Live PD?

Honestly, if you have aspirations of buying a house, or really anything that requires a decent credit score, I would call them and say "listen, I know you got my debt for a fraction of what it's worth. I'm willing to give you X amount to settle this right now."
they will haggle, and give you a hard time, but that's the time to stonewall them. Eventually they will come back with a dollar amount that is close enough to what you are offering and you can pay that shit in full and wipe your hands of it.
the next step is to contact the credit agencies and dispute what's on your credit report. just keep in mind the dispute process can take quite some time so you dont want to do that if you're trying to buy a house the next day. But overall, you can get away with paying like 1/4 or even less and be scott free.

congrats man, that's quite an accomplishment. I've never dived too deeply into the debt game, just commenting off of my own experiences dealing with a german telecom that wouldn't let it go haha,

This is a sensible post. I was friends with a guy who started his banking career in auto loans, essentially he would call and prod people who had fallen into arrears. His number one piece of advice? Call them before they call you, once you are aware that you are unable to make payments.
OP, and the rest of you, Practice what you Sup Forums and stop taking fucking loans.

Medical is inflated... just do some research on hospital chargemasters. Ideally you can negotiate that down to a fraction of that value. If not they will let you pay a small portion monthly.

the debt is from gerogia so those laws apply. its usually 7-10 years. stock blocking those #'s nigga.

I probably wont need to buy a home for years; how does disputing work? Thats just a way to get negative stuff off? I figure whats on it is correct so thats that?

that will never really happen though user, the literal peak of the debt based economy is student debt. Because we get saddled with such a crazy amount to pay back, most ppl are like "fuck it" and just do the minimum for life. Even at .5 or 1% apr (which most are WAY higher) thats a passive income stream for life. now multiply that by however many millions of Americans have student loans.... trillions of dollars of undisputable, non bankruptcy protected loans that follow you for the rest of your life.

Also it is illegal for debt collectors to threaten you...

It's like getting a mortgage before you can even get a mortgage.

7 years

ever heard of caller ID?

Its getting to the point sadly that I think I HAVE to take a loan tho... but I think then I wont pay the credit debt in full because that will mean I dont take out as much of student loan.

Although the credit debt I have is worth like 1 semester of payment for classes. So that alone wont be what kills me.

1. Answer the phone, ask who they are, tell them not to call you anymore.
2. If they call again, it is illegal, and you can file a complaint.
3. Get a copy of your credit report. You can get one for free @ annualcreditreport.com/index.action - that is a government website, by law you are allowed one credit report a year.
4. See where you owe debts.
5. If you want to handle it yourself, get this book amazon.com/Credit-Repair-Improve-Avoid-Scams-ebook/dp/B078MR2FN7/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1516228245&sr=1-1&keywords=Credit Repair: Make a Plan, Improve Your Credit, Avoid Scams. it gives you forms to use.
6. Contact agencies using generic forms.
7. Contest your debts by pursuing proof of veracity. I had an agency do this. It must be certified mail. The agency i used was 400 upfront, and a 100 a month. For a 6 month period.

Do not live in fear. Ignoring them is one of the better options if you have no clue what you are doing. DO NOT ROLL OVER, DO NOT PAY, DO NOT ADMIT GUILT.

just write and ask them to prove you owe the debt, state you are happy to pay any debt on receipt of proof

that proof would require a contract signed by both parties

look up "aquiesence via estoppel"

Yes but I’m applying for jobs and idk if it’s the collectors calling me or the company’s phone number

I MUST ADD- IF YOU TALK TO THEM-DO NOT SAY WHO YOU ARE.

Where I am im rent free though since its a condo my parents invested in. So once I have a job I reallllly should be able to knock it out....

every time they call simply depress button marked end call and then add their name to your list of blocked callers. If they sue you file BK

>having debt

You need to pay that shit off asap and never get into debt you can't pay again. I spent almost all my savings just getting out of debt this year. I officially owe nothing to anyone. You can negotiate your debt. I owed 5 grand from a credit card. Called up the collector and they agreed to write off the debt if I paid a lump sum of 2 grand that day. Fuck getting in debt, no idea why it's the norm in America.

>statue of limitations in Georgia is 6 years
lmao, dude they're gonna harass you for the full 7 years basically. Thing is, even if they threaten to sue they probably wont. Just nut up and deal with it for 7 years, then you're scott free. Or you know, pay off your tiny little debt faggot.

For me I was out of work longer than planned so after a while I got underwater until I shifted where I lived

Thanks for the tips. I admitted guilt to one debt so well see if they sue me but the other two I haven’t answered their phone calls

>2k

Try owing 120 grand in medical bills.
They hound you DAY AND NIGHT. It's awful.

look up "get out of debt free"

and the 3 letter process

This is an issue that people deal with constantly, there are plenty of resources available to help you: read them all and decide what course of action best suits you and your risk-tolerance. Don't sit back and ignore the problem... unless you're certain that's the best course of action.
It's chump-change in the grand scheme of things so don't get to down about it, use this as a learning experience to figure out how this shit works.