Decided to rewatch SAO finally. Not sure if its because I just watched Duraga but SAO is actually pretty well made...

Decided to rewatch SAO finally. Not sure if its because I just watched Duraga but SAO is actually pretty well made. Never noticed the first anime how good the animations were.

I'm going to wait to form an opinion in this thread until I see what most people think and then I'm going to chose the opposite of that.

You are not allowed to enjoy anything SAO-related, user, unless some e-celeb decides to say good things about it.

>SAO
How did it ever become popular, it's awful

By being good. It actually had the balls to pair the MC with the opposite sex and implied sex and implied marriage.

Cmon Sup Forumsnon. Overhyped? Yeah. Mediocre? Sure. Awful? You can stop lying.

>implied sex
GLOP

>digibro
isn't that the same guy who keep bashing SAO to no end?
did he have a change of heart or something?

I dont remember the glop story. I didnt save it either. you have it? For old times sake?

>did he have a change of heart or something?
Yes, after watching Asterisk Wars he says SAO is meh now.

Screencap is from Kotaku article on SAO with DigiBro(ny) slapped on.

deleted all of it after the implied scene
redownloaded it for this screen
then deleted it again

wow it's like i'm on Sup Forums!

As I shoved myself into Asuna, I released all of the pent up sensations that I had stretched to the limits.

“A…Asuna…!”

“Aaaah—!!!”

I could feel my hot sperm gushing deep into Asuna as she trembled in yet another climax. Two years worth of semen made a glopping noise as it flowed endlessly into Asuna. Every time my penis twitched, fireworks would go off in my head.

>by being good

I don't even know who this Digibro is but I see him mentioned so often here that I want to punch him.
I bet he's one of those meme spouting faggots you guys worship like Demo

I can only think of Demo's voice yelling "two years worth of saving"

Good times man, good times. Thanks.

>every thread about any anime hated in the west, there's e-celeb bullshit on it
This place is dead.

>worship
But user, I want to punch him too.

It managed to appeal to a big demographic and Its basically the new baby's first anime.
I remember watching it a few years ago and thinking that I would have absolutely loved it if I was 15 years old that was one of my first anime.

Yes, he pretty much rules over normalfag anime websites, people parrot his opinions like crazy.

There are only 13 good episodes and the rest is really really bad.

So Sup Forums, would orgasms be treated like "movement" by nervegear (intercepted and not displayed irl while unconscious) or "bodily function" (like increased respiration and heartrate irl while unconscious)

Only thing I actually remember from when it aired is the endless glop threads and underaged cancer that actually liked it

I had so much fun trolling this show when it was airing. the science discussions about microwaves were great.

Its the Digibro SAO video the Mr Plinkett SW prequels review of anime? Will SAO be considered to be actually good after a few years?

It has to be one fucking samefag mentioning youtubers in every thread he can.

He probably came in real life and it had to be cleaned up by a nurse

Seems like SAO threads are filled with underage retards. Shocking news.

Super major tone-shift, Alfheim drama was forced, but after that I enjoyed the SoL it became with them trying to re-establish normalcy after being AWOL for 2 years. Even GGO and Neo Alfheim.

>Will SAO be considered to be actually good after a few years?
Most likely it would be forgotten except for some nostalgia fags who would claim it was good like Slayers fags.

D-do you think the Police Task Force took note of coincidental concurrent orgasms across hospitals in Japan?

The first two episodes of SAO was really, really good

He's the opposite actually. Demo and his ilk are meme spouting retards but they also like to just have fun and watch fun shows. Digibro is one of the elitest who thinks all anime should be art and moe should die and how great anime was in the fucking 60's and shit, he is basically Miyazaki

Why do people care what a bunch of normalfag cucks on jewtube think about anime?

Then you have bad taste or maybe no taste at all.

>Digibro is one of the elitest who thinks all anime should be art and moe should die and how great anime was in the fucking 60's and shit, he is basically Miyazaki
Except this faggot believes moe = art and old = shit.

SAO has a really polished presentation - and yes, this includes the animation quality which is well above average.

The issue with SAO is that it doesn't follow its own internal logic and there are minimal/no stakes that actually get further minimized the longer the series goes on. Jesuskun falls into the Superman trap. I think the author to the original LN is terrified of putting the self insert template into any position that isn't 100% safe/badass. The author doesn't realize that the hero's journey need peaks and valleys with the hero being faulty and facing challenges. The heroism and badassness stems from overcoming those faults/challenges.

SAO reads like an adventure story as erotica would be read when authored by a virgin.

Because normalfags care about other normalfag opinions so they can make sure their opinions align in the margin and they can circlejerk efficiently

Didn't he write it when he was a teenager, it's literally his own self-insert fantasy

>Didn't he write it when he was a teenager, it's literally his own self-insert fantasy
No, that was Accel World. SAO is deliberately written to appeal to 20+ years old with mental abilities of 12- years old.

Care to elaborate and contribute something with a bit more substance? Or is this just bait?

Because they can't think for themselves so they repeat whatever opinion these guys say on their videos.

As someone who had the displeasure of watching a couple of his videos, he has no beliefs. He is a giant hypocritical faggot. Sometimes he loves moe, like with K-On which he goes out of the way to praise the art style of. But then everywhere else he hates moe. He basically just likes whatever reddit thinks is good at the time and hates whatever they hate and flip flops constantly so that he gets the most views.

Also he is a drama queen who goes out of his way to stir up controversy on jewtube to get material for more views for his videos. He is literally a cancer on the anime community on youtube and to be a cancer on a cancer is saying something.

Not trying to shill him, but I am subscribed to his shit and I can say with certainty that he's not a meme-spouting faggot.

He's got an ego and he's quickly becoming an outlier in anime critique because, unlike most of the others, he's not actually retarded. Because of that, he's popular with normies. And because of THAT, Sup Forums gets kind of pissy about him.

Especially because he doesn't like stuff that isn't shit.

But honestly, at the end of the day I think a distaste for him is somewhat justified as it marks the end of anime being some kind of darkened corner nerd safe zone and it becoming widely accepted means that all the neckbeards that retreated into their safe waifu hugboxes are feeling the iron grip of normie society tightening around their escape. I'm not mocking anyone when I say that fucking sucks.

It used to be that you could just have a waifu. Within 5-10 years there are going to be people unironically talking about whether or not the concept of a waifu is sexist on the news, and digibro becoming popular is the herald of such days.

That said, if anyone came to dominate anime critique, it should be that cunt. Can't think of a better guy, actually. Even more good news is that no matter what the western audience becomes, anime will still stay the same by virtue of the big ass pond that separates us from the Jap. So long as they hold out, we hold out too.

Heros journey is over rated. I rather like laid back shows where the MC is a Demigod. less stressful.

>Even more good news is that no matter what the western audience becomes, anime will still stay the same by virtue of the big ass pond that separates us from the Jap
Maybe, but 2020 Olympics might change that somewhat when all the normalfags and other cunts will have their full attention on japan

>I am subscribed to his shit and I can say with certainty that he's not a meme-spouting faggot.
>normies
Not even going to read the rest. Can everyone just fuck off with this e-celeb bullshit already?

my sides

The first cour of SAO is great. After that, it goes downhill with the story and NTR teasing.

There's nothing more to elaborate on. You can enjoy whatever you want, but the fact you enjoyed anything after the first arc of season 1 means I cant even enter into discussion with you because your views are probably so different than mine that it would be pointless. Just because you enjoyed it doesnt mean it was well done in any way. Its really bad melodrama and literally exsists just because its a popular IP.

The first half of first season is one of my favorites. Then it just all goes downhill after they stop spending their time just fucking around and acting like parents to some random kid.
What is SAO even about now?

I thought that kid was their glopchild made of fucking data or some shit?

>its not a pasta

Holy shit actually kill yourself.

Peaks and valleys were there though. It's just his challenges were the result of his fellow players and his unwise decisions (and the guilt he carried as a result) and not the universe that he occupied. I guess there's not really a grand character arc (at least not one that was obvious / spoonfed anyways) but, like with the LN, it's a collection of short-stories.

First arc has a great premise, but badly written since it was a collection of shorter stories. Bad storyboards for scenes like Diavel's death, where they did the timescale badly and introduced rejecting a potion for no reason. The Progressive retcon is actually pretty good and fun to read.

Second arc, if not for the bullshit asspulls near the end would have been fine, but they exist so it's not fine. GGO and AIDs is good. Not amazing, but not bad. Alicization is great, amazing. Had to power through the first volume, but so glad I did.

Hello Digibro, didn't know you were on Sup Forums. Can you please fuck off and not shill your channel you egotistical faggot.

yeah, it was apparently a glitch or something? I dont remember either but still it was nice. I think two episodes were dedicated to asuna and MC just spending time together like family with that kid. Its been a while though so I may be wrong

You joke but I was friends with a couple of surgeons at the shock centre at Bastion. They told me about this time they brought a casualty. During the middle of the surgury he popped a huge stiffy then blew his load, all while under general antithetic. Apparently it was a serious issue, because the guy had lost a fair bit of blood and the hard on literally almost killed him.

This desu

t.digibro

Not even animation could save shit story with awful characters and writing.

>cause of death: ejaculated himself to death

Imagine having sex with your waifu in VRMMO and in the middle of it Bethesda-tier physics engine freak out.

I watch some of his content and like some of his reviews, but you are stroking him too hard. He is a good reviewer, but he is an annoying, elitist prick. Also he is too autistic to dominate anything, the faggot made like a 100 episode series on why he hates Asterisk Wars. That and he made a video calling out everyone because their taste in anime isn't as good as his and they aren't taking anime "seriously enough". He is smart, but too much of a gigantic, special snow-flake, autistic faggot to be taken seriously and I feel like he has no friends or family because anyone who was in the same room with him for longer than a minute would just punch him in the jaw to shut him up.

In bethesda game you'd just skip the sex and get a well rested status.

I don't think it's overrated, but I think it's far more poorly done than it is done correctly.

>he plays without mods

>not using LoversLab brand mods
though desu you'd be having sex with animals and their'd be inflation

I've been looking for this

the setting is great

stop complaining about the bad writing in this show and admit that you enjoyed it ! 90% of anime have bad writing so !

>That and he made a video calling out everyone because their taste in anime isn't as good as his and they aren't taking anime "seriously enough".
And then he made a video on how it's okay to have Asterisk Wars in your top 10.

I don't remember saying it was well done. That aside, there were definitely melodramatic points but I didn't get too triggered by them. GGO had decent melodrama ("I shot a guy in elementary school and was socially crucified so guns trigger me") and shitty melodrama ("muh Laughing Coffin ptsd") but it was a pretty neat mystery / thriller overall. Bonus points for new game mechanics and how the characters adapted their SAO skills for the new game (explained in more detail in LNs). Neo Alfheim (just them getting together and doing raids 'n' shit is pretty comfy and low stakes. And the stakes are reasonable to anyone who can empathize with latching onto something with sentimental value. Mother's Rosario is good melodrama though.

>the fact you enjoyed anything after the first arc of season 1 means I cant even enter into discussion
not him but how can't you enjoy the animation and the ost and the fanservice in SAO ? sure the writing was kinda stupid but we see this in most of the anime

People seeking normalcy during times of distress. Marriages and childbirth actually spike during times or war and hardship. They were approaching Level 75 iirc. Wanted to play house before potentially dying. Seemed pretty straightforward to me.

Because im not a teenager.

It's almost as if he flip flops on everything depending on how many views he'll get for his position or something

No, he wrote it when he was 27.

Fist arc is actually good, especially the novel.
Then it turned into shit until alicization, after that some people like it, others love it.
As for me I've stopped giving a shit after I've realized this was a money cow and it would never see a proper ending.

I see. You are a mature manly man who only likes grownup stuff. Such manlienes!

Sup Forums dislikes every youtube attention whore and anime reviewer, you're misunderstanding everything.

The only acceptable one's been long dead.

Which reminds me to ask you to leave if you actually indulge in this sort of faggotry.

Because it's a first anime for a lot of people now. It used to be a show like Death Note, now it's this garbage. The amount of people I've seen around my campus with SAO merch is crazy

Why did the Japanese goverment let the VR Games continue like SAO never happened

>anime reviewer
I want to vomit anytime I read those words. The only thing thats any value is Sup Forums opinions, sales polls and anime previews.

Because you cant ban all cars because a few teenagers wrap them around trees.

> shutting down an entire sector of industry
> basically submitting to terrorism since it was one mega-geek that setup the whole scenario.
Sup Forumsnon, that's like saying "why doesn't the US ban guns after all these school shootings?"

didn't watch a lot of his video but you just described snop

>long dead
That's just a rumour, fuck you it's not true he's probably in a nursing home

No I enjoy all types of anime. Just not terrible LN adaptations that even faggot fanboys like you cant defend.

>the writing was stupid b-but uh fanservice!
Brilliant. SAOfags everyone.

Actually I think the writing was ok. Theres more to writing than the plot. The characters were all good, the subplots were good. The only problem I ever had with it was Asuna stops developing after SAO and loses her frickyness. The author clearly got bored with her.

Oh yea especially that part where his sister falls in lust with him out of nowhere. Really well developed subplot there. You have no concept of writing or plot.

Take a look deep inside your heart and you will know it to be true. There's no need to keep resisting it.

Think about whos been changing his diapers and cleaning all the GLOP up. Classic case of falling in love with your patient.

>this level of blind fanboyism
Responding to SAOfags was a mistake

Cant even argue against it. Pussy.

I'll admit that the samurai guy and his group were pretty cool
I think following regular, probably above average middle-aged men around doing life-risking pve shit would have been better than following omniscient and omnipotent korean grinder 1-man-army coldsteel who gets the girl and eats it too

Say whatever you want about SAO, I'd fuck all of the SAO girls minus aids-chan of course.

And Suguha. Holy FUCK the things I'd do to this woman.