Have we had any truly great shows this decade?

Have we had any truly great shows this decade?

Kill la Kill

/thread

Oreimo

Nice rec thread. faggot.

Well, Shirobako is good at least.

>/threading your own post
stop this cancer
kill la kill was good though
OPM, MP100, Konosuba
not saying they're objectively great but they're popular and i enjoyed them

Madoka and Shirobako are both really good. Shirobako's girls are pretty bland which is the main strike against it.

-Katanagatari
-Tatami Galaxy

-Steins;Gate
-Madoka
-Mawaru Penguindrum
-Usagi Drop

-Uchuu Kyoudai
-Ookami Kodomo

-Kyousougiga
-Kaguya-hime
-Non Non Biyori

-Ping Pong
-Nozaki-kun
-Mushishi Zoku Shou 1/2

-Shouwa Genroku R. Shinjuu

That's all. Rest are either trash or mediocre.

>they're popular
That's usually a sign that they're less than great.

3-Gatsu no Lion

Valvrave. Unsurprisingly Sunrise once again created the decade's best anime.

Re:zero you know it's true.

>popular = good
Just don't forget to kill yourself.

Kemono Friends

Rakugo and Uchouten Kazoku.

I'll never understand people who operate in such a binary world

>EVERYTHING THAT EXISTS IS EITHER GODS GIFT TO MANKIND OR A PILE OF GARBAGE WHOSE VERY EXISTENCE BEGS THE WORLD TO END

worst decade

Look at this hipster

>people unironically think madoka is a great anime

Get some taste holy shit.

>Hyouka
>Aku no Trash
>K-On
>Nichishit
>Mob Psycho 100
Well, at least, you tried. 2/10

Madoka is great, but I don't know if it's better than Love Live.

These are all from the same show, same episode even.

Lupin had some neat shows.

You posted one of the worst ever Lupin entries, if not the worst.

This thread gave me 4 different kinds of cancer.

You can't put this many KyoAni shows in your list even though they deserve it because you'll set off brainless fags like

see:

I think you're missing my point here.
popular does = good from an as close to objective manner.
when we are talking about stuff that is as subjective as a good anime it makes sense to call the anime that the largest amount of people though was good "the best" doesn't it?

You right, I forgot about Symphogear. No other show could take anime of the decade.

It's still enjoyable and has some really good animation, which is why I posted it. (jigen's gravestone was better imo)

Kusonigga TV version was trash. They ruined scenes of the ONA and added more awful "plot".
And Mob Psycho was massively overrated because MUH SAKAGU and OIL, which ended up being forced and formulaic since they just had 5 seconds of OIL per episode on more or less important scenes. Visual coherence issues and disgusting colors wrap up the package of mediocrity.

Shirobako

Stop falling for such a blatant rec-thread.

These are all good but you're pretty much asking to be called a hipster, setting it up like that.

why so existential

Nice strawman faggot, that user clearly said 'trash or mediocre', meaning that there were 'ok' series that he didn't mention too.

KyouAnus is trash and you should feel bad for having such a cancerous taste.

not the same user but the word popular doesn't mean good popular just means famous like SAO is popular but it's popularity is due to the constant discussion of whether it's good or bad.

Katanagatari

Honestly I can't think of anything that would qualify as 'great', nothing that could be considered revolutionary or genre-defining or just grand enough to shock everyone out of seasonal apathy. It's genuinely worrying that could be the closest to a serious answer.

If Kill La Kill is the closest thing to great in your eyes I think the problem lies in your taste.

>Kusonigga TV version was trash. They ruined scenes of the ONA and added more awful "plot".
Name one other anime series this decade that better captures the essence of Japanese pictorial art and the creative and emotional responsibilities of the artist

Stop for a moment to consider what others shows have been mentioned so far. I did not say that Kill la Kill is great either.

Flip Flappers is my favorite of this decade so far.

Space Dandy

Nichibros

There are plenty of shows who had larger hype trains than Kill la kill.

It still doesn't mean jackshit because they are crap.

space dandy

>/threading yourself

Kill la Kill and Little Witch Academia are the bomb. Maybe I'm just a Trigger fag, but these two are hella good and they always bring a smile to my face.

Nothing. Anime should have ended after Gurren Lagan

I know SnK is overrated but it's still a good show

K-On and Tatami Galaxy, I guess.

Dumb frog poster

penguindrum springs to mind

1. Kill la Kill
2. The Tatami Galaxy
3. Space Dandy
4. Mawaru Penguindrum
5. Uchouten Kazoku
6. Ping Pong
7. Space Patrol Luluco
8. Yuri Kuma Arashi
9. Mob Psycho 100
10. Kyousougiga ONAs

I've seem some terrible taste in this thread anyway.

Oreimo is basically the greatest anime of this century.

Speaking of terrible taste

>Shinsekai Yori
Ugh.
Especially baffling since from the look of things you value visual direction most than everything else.

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai > Tatami Galaxy
Much more realistic depiction of life and a better critical social commentary too.

There's a 0% you could ever convince anyone of that.

In this decade? Not really.

SnK not only had a bigger hype train, but has one right now

Yuri on Ice

>but has one right now
Literally nobody cares anymore.
I doubt you were here in 2013.

Why would I need to? Is the truth and I know it, that's what it matters.

Madoka fit all those qualifications, as did KLK. Both deserve their places in history.

This by a mile.

SnK's hype train was alot bigger back when it first aired, I miss Monkey Trouble threads

This

I don't really know if you are the previous Kek le Kek shitposter(s) or this thread has such a large amount of shit taste.

KlK is fucking garbage, get over with it already.

doujins when

Probably something you should keep to yourself then, in the future.

That was my first post in the thread, so it's probably you that should get over the fact that many anons rightfully appreciate such a fine work of art.

No thank you, it seems you are starting to see the light too.

Hyouka.
KLK.
Non Non Biyori.
Rakugo.
Shin Sekai Yori.
Ping Pong.
ACCA 13.

Mayoiga.

Looking back, maybe it really was just Steins;Gate

I wouldn't say it's garbage, but triggerniggers and imaishitters really do try their best to oversell it.

What genuinely impresses me is that the thought that KlK was unironically the best anime of the decade really occurred to these people.

this

It was just a mediocre, generic time travel story.

Broken-brain retards.

If it had kept up the animation and pace of the first episode or so it would have been a contender, but the show ran out of money and ideas pretty quickly.

>he doesn't think Ishihama and Yamauchi are top class directors

Am I getting trolled by all these KLK posts?
It wasn't terrible but it definitely doesn't even come anywhere close to being in the top 10.

Not since 2011

Time to kill myself.
I agree with over half of Lelouch's list.

Yes, Kemono Friends.

The 2 Yamauchi episodes and a few selected scenes in others were the only one worth something.
The series looked awful most of the times, awful animation, awful CG, perplexing storyboards, bad use of color.

at least as many as the 2000s had, possibly as many or more than the 90s. time will be the litmus test.

>triggerniggers and imaishitters
Really compelled to answer to this post seriously.
The first episode isn't even nearly the best animated in the series, and that kind of pacing isn't made to be kept for long periods of time, especially when comes the time to let characters breath and story unfold.
The first episode of RE Cutie Honey is basically the same and with its 40 minutes the pace is already exausting.
As for the ideas, it had even too many.
It's like, different people have different opinions or something.

Probably this desu

Eh no. At worse you can say it was inconsistent like Penguindrum but the show looked fantastic when it needed to and its direction is still the landmark for horror anime. I can guarantee there were much more animation highlights than the vast majority of TV anime too.

>Are we getting trolled by all these KLK posts?

I hope we are, user, I hope we are.

>At worse you can say it was inconsistent like Penguindrum
God no. Not even close.
The first episodes looked alright but already after the first Yamauchi episode everything falls apart, the battle scenes and CG rocks are embarassing.
From that point everything desperately tries to hide the lack of animation, with abrupt cuts and wonky coreographies during action scene and abuse of close up of faces during conversations, which works TERRIBLY with the lack of shading in the character designs. Then practically every scene that doesn't take place at night or sundown or indoors has lighting and coloring completely off.
>I can guarantee there were much more animation highlights than the vast majority of TV anime too.
Yoshinari & co animating brief and mostly inconsequential cold openings didn't help much, this is the kind of series that required MASSIVE resources, and they just weren't there.