SAO I don't get it

So I watched this Show because a friend recomended it and I don't get how so many people enjoy this so much. My friend couldn't explain it to me either he just likes it. I don't watch a lot of Anime and a lot of the really hyped ones tend to disapoint but I always got why People liked it. I don't want to piss of people who liked it but please explain why.

Different people like different things.

Don't insult neo-Sup Forums favorite anime, newfag.

Fuck off.

Watch at least 100 more anime and lurk for a few months before posting.

It's got very high production values, it sounds good, it's got excellent character designs, it's a nice power fantasy, the action scenes are well choreographed, the music is great

It's simple, it's a show that appeals to dumb people or people who are just easily entretained. If you actually pay attention to what you're watching, you're bound to not like it. If you're in just for flashy effects and friendship power and that kind of stuff, well, it's good. I've seen people actually admit they like simple movies like fast and furious where plot doesn't even matter, just because they want to see flashy stuff and not think about it. At least in my opinion, that would be why people like Sword Art Online.

This man has a point. It's overall pretty. I loved this scene, webm related, but still the plot isn't that good.

Good character art and music. Along, with having good voice acting and an interesting premise that has potential to grow into something big if Kawahara was more refined in his writing. The cast is ok, but it could be better if they spend more time developing them outside their interactions with Kirito.

You have to get out

While i'm riding this wave, let me just say that this isn't necessarily flaming the show. There is stuff that is arguably bad for trying too hard, or being too complicated. I do love my Revolutionary Girl Utena, Angel's Egg, Penguindrum and Kara no Kyoukai but there's a lot of people who think the shows just don't make sense, or they try too hard, or find it unpleasing to watch even if they get the message.
It all boils down to personal preference, and well, SAO is more "normie".

The first 13 episodes were honestly unique and interesting. It was well-animated and the music was decent.

After that it degrades and his Mary Stueness gets annoying.

SAO should have just been only the first cour.

are you the same user whose been making SAO threads today ? please kill yourself it's not funny

Stop posting this shit on Sup Forums.

Oh that scene was badass
I don't care it's unrealistic, Kirito is literally elite spec ops soldier tier since the government is sending him solo in the line of fire

Yea, that scene was absolutely badass. It makes me remember Zero no Tsukaima, which was pretty meh overall but has that badass scene where the main character literally charges and fights alone vs an army. Of course, this SAO scene is much better visuals-wise.

Being badass is the entire point of power fantasies.

This scene may look badass but there is no real consequence to anything after the end of SAO

So?
Actually it's more interesting because since their lives aren't on the line you know that Kirito and Sinon might actually lose, if it was still life or death they would obviously win because plot armor

I hated everything about this anime but I love using it to make Sup Forums mad

What is plot even.

SoA is teenage fantasy wish fulfillment in anime form. It had potential, but is pretty shitty all around, don't feel bad about not liking it.

When it aired I just kind went along with the ride week after week, it was fun.

Upon marathoning it again a year or two later with a friend I became aware of all it's flaws.

I think most people who causally consume it don't really think to deep about the show and really only take away flashy face-value stuff from it.

The first time I tried watching S2 I dropped it about 6 episodes in because of how bad it got. Picked it up again because I heard the latter part of season two was pretty good, which it was because of the Yuki squad. The movie I felt captured all the best parts of what people liked about it too.

People are gonna like what they're gonna like. The people that are obnoxious about are delusional though, it's far from a masterpiece.