He unironically listens to anime osts in a language he doesnt even understand but likes it because "it sounds good"

>he unironically listens to anime osts in a language he doesnt even understand but likes it because "it sounds good"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zhPuZsIkRj8
u.nya.is/itpwba.aac
youtube.com/watch?v=eC6OKIYXBxQ
youtube.com/watch?v=KjAF7D4l91M
youtube.com/watch?v=tHksWF5R0Qk
youtube.com/watch?v=ZPGTuidwxm4
youtube.com/watch?v=tz7yy631nG0
youtube.com/watch?v=OxUpJSGpCWM
youtube.com/watch?v=MeSUaKHRz44
youtube.com/watch?v=pHmBtQd4TC0
youtube.com/watch?v=YWKSfdo9DT8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What about OSTs that use a made-up gibberish language

What's wrong with that?

What's wrong with liking nip media and being a virgin?

He has no idea who he is quoting.

>he watches a medium that's predominantly Japanese for years and is too much of a brainlet to learn said language

(笑)

Personally I only listen to music that sounds bad

>he listens to the music on the radio

Do any of you guys get nervous when you're listening to weeb music and a normalfag sees your phone?

so you only listen to music in english?

Is there anyone who would listen to music they think sounds bad? Aside from Sup Forums of course.

Everyone understands music on a certain level, OP. It's the universal language.

Most OSTs are instrumental

>listening to music because it sounds good
>bad

Fuck you. If all the value was in the words it would be a poem, not a song.

Damn, you fucking convinced me OP.

Now I'm gonna stop listening to Opera music because the only possible reason you can have for listening to music is understanding the lyrics. I'll just push stop on Tristan and Isolde here and make sure I never listen to it until I fully understand German.

Music doesn't even need lyrics at all to sound good, you utter pleb. The literary aspect of music is probably the least important in my opinion. If it doesn't sound good, then nobody gives a shit what you have to say. With that in mind, if a Japanese song sounds good you can just look up the lyrics in English.

>Opera
You're so fucking gay. Do you also wear a fedora and brag to girls about liking Chopin or Rachmaninoff? Kys

>Not learning japanese or at least memorize the translated lyrics
Sasuga OP

get out of nottwitter twitterfag

I want normalfags to leave

Doesn't stop me listening to Rammstein, won't stop me listening to Bump of Chicken.

>in a language he doesnt even understand
Speak for yourself redditor.

OSTs are instrumental only.

What in the fuck are you even trying to say? Can you speak English like a human being and not in autismo memes?

joke's on you homo, i know japanese and 3 other languages

to be a pleb like you must suck so hard

get out of nottwitter twitterfag

>When you get turned off of a song because even though it sounds good you can understand the lyrics and they're so godawful it makes you cringe

I'm looking at you Mika Kobayashi

Not really

Why would someone be looking at my phone and why would I be using my phone instead of my iPod Classic?

>Persona games explicitly include music with English tracks because their Japanese audience likely won't understand most of it, preventing the vocals from becoming distracting and allowing them to simply enjoy it as background music.

>If you do the same thing, but with music in some other language you don't understand, that's bad.

Nip anime osts are literally hollywood Hans zimmer normalfag trash.

You dont need to understand the language of the lyrics to enjoy certain music. I dont speak a word of German but I love opera music.

You are too busy listening to your ears, when you should enjoy music by listening with your heart.

fuck off

This is like the same argument dubfags have against the original audio.

Music is universal the same way good and bad acting can be differentiated despite a language barrier.

I'd like to think that most people understand that when they listen to this stuff. Its pulp. Pop music, its simple and sounds cute or pretty. Nobody here is saying that there's a lot of depth to anime music.

Sigur Rós released an album full with gibberish and nonsense lyrics and it was beautiful.
youtu.be/zhPuZsIkRj8

Thanks Buzzfeed!

Cocteau Twins' entire discography is comprised of gibberish and nonsense lyrics.

Just fucking look at the lyrics

I just realized I phrased it like clickbait.

so nobody should ever listen to lyricless music?

Understanding really doesnt matter all that much
Lots of popular english music also has lyrics you cant understand because of weird pronouncation and such to make it sound nice

This song made me fall in love
u.nya.is/itpwba.aac

>he listens to music for lyrics
Do weebs know nothing about art?

Music transcends language in my esteemable opinion.

No, thats why they listen to nip music which is garbage

You're a filthy neckbeard. "Worthless" is a more suitable adjective in place of esteemable

epic raid

Is this the next evolution of the "You can't appreciate good voice acting if you don't speak the language" meme?

Chill out brussels sprout.

Probably, it's just as fucking stupid.

no it's just a one off Sup Forums discord shitpost thread

>Not liking Gregorian Chants
youtube.com/watch?v=eC6OKIYXBxQ
Get cultured

It's not possible because you dont know the nuances of the language or have knowledge of the cultural values that tie into.

I'm not from Sup Forums, but sometimes I listen to music that I find physically and mentally painful. It's good shit.

I'm pretty sure the person who supplies me with said music is from Sup Forums though.

youtube.com/watch?v=KjAF7D4l91M
youtube.com/watch?v=tHksWF5R0Qk
youtube.com/watch?v=ZPGTuidwxm4
youtube.com/watch?v=tz7yy631nG0

>he listens to music for the lyrics

I'll start feeling self-conscious about this when someone can point me in the direction of some western music that has a similar sound to typical anime music.

>He doesn't

>chopin and rachmaninoff
God no.

>it's a Schubert autist

2000s alt rock. Didnt you ever watch old youtube amvs?

I only listen to weeb music at home

I'd be worried about a lot more than music if someone ever got hold of my phone

>he unironically listens to [content] because "it sounds good"

really vibrates my tympanic membrane

AMVs are for autist losers

I believe OP was trying to poke fun at weebs who listen to ops or eds but cant understand the lyrics. Probably worded it a bit off.

I'm german and the German lyrics in AoT are incomprehensible

>Be using new computers at school
>They have that realtek audio shit
>Plug in my earbuds
>Queue up some Nujabes
>Its playing out loud because I forgot to hit that shit from pic related
>Classmates think its some niche hiphop they've never heard
>All of them start asking me about it
>Refer like 5 people to Nujabes

Was pretty cool desu

>chilling with friends
>put morton feldman's second string quartet
>confront myself and my self (as an ontological historical entity) with the mirror of atonality (as a mirror is not an empathic but a reflexive entity, alien to the space and time it reflects and only existing by itself in relation to the other) and realize the boundaries of human thought, comprehension and consciousness
>reach rational ecstasy
>pleb friend gets up and says "what is this silence shit, lmao, put some mosaic.wav"
>get angry at their rockist subaltern consumption conditioned by the structures of power of the imperialist white economies, but contain it
>calm myself down by remembering quotes from finnegans wake, my favorite book since i was a teenager
>mfw can't express myself because i'm a spectator in the society of spectacle

"It is not the slumber of reason which engenders monsters, but vigilant and insomniac rationality. - Gilles Deleuze" - ~Astigmata

Yeah but they were the rage 10 years back. No need to act like a speshul snowflake. After all, you're an autist for listening to weeb music anyway

Why the fuck else would I listen to music besides liking the sounds I hear? Also nice projecting, I'm sure plenty of Sup Forums users can understand japanese.

AMVs have always been autistic.

90s Depeche Mode
youtube.com/watch?v=OxUpJSGpCWM

That doesn't make sense.

I kek'd

Different cultures insert different values into language. You can try an appreciate something like Rakugo but you will never truly appreciate it or understand it until you delve into it.

>Not liking Cello sonata in G Minor, or Elegie in E-flat Minor

>Not liking Der Erlkonig

Is OP trying to start an ironic XD epic shitposting thread, or is he really this fucking stupid?

And that's why many of us learn the language.

This.
youtube.com/watch?v=MeSUaKHRz44

>Music doesn't even need lyrics at all to sound good
As a dronefag, I approve this.

Ha, next you'll tell me people watch shows in languages they don't fully understand because they "enjoy it". Fucking ridiculous.

That's ultimate pleb. Watching raw is the only non tainted way.

Mah nigga

youtube.com/watch?v=pHmBtQd4TC0

>not directly transmitting the information to your memory banks and instantly logging the experience

But you can still appreciate the professional work that comes with portraying a variety of emotions through voice alone.

Why does it sound so good? Is this secretly some higher language?

Almost all of the music I listen to is purely instrumental/very little vocals because it disrupts my train of thought. Listening to music in another language is good because I don't automatically try to decode it and process the information, even if I can understand it somewhat.

Gust has a godly sound team and great composers. The creator of the series knows his shit and made the Hymmnos conlang fully functional with multiple dialects. And the actual singers hired are just fucking good.

And? I'm already as autistic as it gets for watching anime so I might as well go further into my autism.

Most non-anglo natives have listened to English music since they were kids and didn't understand a word of English. There is literally nothing wrong with that.
But of course a retarded American EOP like you wouldn't understand.

i like them cause i have a connection to them through the anime i watched

>he unironically watches shows in a language he doesnt understand because they're "good"

That's a weak song.
youtube.com/watch?v=YWKSfdo9DT8

What if I listen to anime music in the form of Jazz renditions?

This. I use them as mental shortcuts to replay the entire season/cour in 3-5 minute. Or an entire movie.

Japanese language...So beautiful. Literally 90% of what I listen to nowadays is Japanese OR another language other than english..Don't get me wrong, i like my english too, but nothing compares to some hype ass OP's or ED's.

Literally fucking thought this was Enya when it started...

Not that that would have been a bad thing...

>implying i go out and interact with people