Bleach

Chapter 2 of Can't Fear Your Own World is out.

Text rips:
www84.zippyshare.com/v/Y5IdZwGr/file.html
www84.zippyshare.com/v/LswrCYwC/file.html

Just as with the first one, I wrote a rough (but somewhat detailed) summary of the chapter.
Once again, I mostly used my skill at interpreting Google Translate, so wait for a proper translation if you want accuracy.

(1/8)

- The first part of the chapter takes place in Seireitei, hundreds of years ago
- Tousen is young and not a Shinigami yet
- He pleads guards to let him have an audience with the Central 46, he wants "that man" to be executed
- The guards refuse to let him pass and strike at him with their staves
- The staves are stopped by a sheathed zanpakuto, the guards are intimidated by the man wielding it
- The man tells the guards to keep it down while they're still mourning Ukyo (?) (歌匡)
- Ukyo is the name of Tousen's childhood friend
- The man recognizes Tousen, he saw him at Ukyo's funeral
- Tousen asks him if he knew Ukyo, to which the man says they were comrades as Shinigami. However, he feels like he failed his duty as a Shinigami because he couldn't protect her
- The man takes Tousen away so they can talk
- Tousen is a Rukongai citizen, so he's not allowed to enter Seireitei freely, however he received a special permission to attend Ukyo's funeral because she would often mention his name
- It's customary for enrolling Shinigami to leave a will in advance, because they don't know when they may die in battle
- Ukyo's will is to be buried in Rukongai, it seems she wanted to be buried at the foot of the hill where she used to look at the night sky and talk with Tousen
- Tousen thinks back to the time Ukyo told him she would become a Shinigami to make the world peaceful
- He tells the man he heard Ukyo's killer was her husband, to which the man confirms her husband killed her after she reprimanded him for killing a comrade over a trifle
- The man says she was more righteous than anyone, she always kept peace and justice within her heart. Tousen shares that opinion

(2/8)

- Tousen asks the man if she did anything wrong somehow, because her killer won't receive punishment
- The man asks Tousen if he knows about the Five Noble Families, Tousen replies he doesn't know their names, but he knows they're the highest-ranked nobles in Seireitei
- The man reveals Ukyo's killer is part of the Five Noble Families
- Tousen is shocked, he knew she got married to a Shinigami, but he didn't know her husband was a noble
- The husband is only from a branch family, so he doesn't have the power to murder other Shinigami with impunity. However, because of his position, him killing Ukyo was treated as if he executed her after she had rebelled
- Tousen is outraged, he suspected that possibility when he heard the killer wouldn't be punished, but he refused to believe an organization which calls itself the "Power of Justice" would let something like that happen
- Tousen confronts the man about the Shinigami's values
- The man has a painful look on his face and tells Tousen he can understand his feelings, but that's how the world is
- After making sure there's nobody around, the man quietly asks Tousen if he would want the both of them to take their revenge
- Tousen can't see the man's face, but he can feel a murderous intent in the man's voice
- Tousen thinks about his friend's words again, and how she would never have wanted him to avenge her
- He starts telling the man he doesn't wish for revenge, but the words just won't come out, deep in himself he doesn't care what she would've wanted, he wants to kill "that man" for himself
- Tousen is engulfed by his dark emotions, but he knows that if he or someone else were to obey the hatred, it would be as if she died a second time. So he abandons his emotions and tells the man that he would like to value her wish by protecting the peace she wanted

(3/8)

- The man agrees with Tousen, and asks him to live with her wishes in hand, so that blood won't be shed unnecessarily in this world anymore
- Tousen isn't fully convinced by the man's words, but he realizes the man is someone who understood Ukyo the same way as he did, and is thankful that he helped him let go of his hatred
- He thanks him, to which the man thanks him too, for being someone who will keep Ukyo's wish alive
- Tousen replies he isn't qualified to protect her aspirations, because he still holds rage and hatred
- The man gently tells him he doesn't need qualifications to inherit someone's will, and says something Ukyo once told Tousen, "My wish isn't a big deal. I just want to protect things that'll keep shining, like the stars in the sky. It's that kind of humble hope."
- Tousen realizes that man is someone Ukyo trusted in, because she told him that story. He is relieved there is someone among the Shinigami that understands and respects Ukyo's values
- Tousen asks his name, the man calmly replies he is Jinada (?) (時灘), Tsunayoshi Jinada
- Tousen is shocked, he recognizes that name, but there has to be some kind of mistake
- The man, seeing Tousen's expression, assures him "It is neither a misunderstanding nor a mistake, Tosen Kaname-kun."
- Tousen is still confused, but his instinct cries out two contradictory actions: "Kill" or "Run away"
- Tousen is taken over by fear and hatred, but the man speaks with a relaxed tone: "Let me say it again. I'm the man who was your best friend's husband... No, I suppose it should be 'your best friend's murderer', now."
- Jinada tells Tousen he was relieved to hear he won't try to avenge Ukyo, all the while smiling
- Tousen is terrified by Jinada's reiatsu, it's unlike anything he felt from his friend and other Shinigami

(4/8)

- Jinada tells Tousen if he had answered differently to his questions earlier, he would've killed him for being a fool who didn't understand Ukyo. Killing a Rukongai citizen wouldn't even have needed covering up
- Tousen doesn't understand the meaning of Jinada's words, nor does he want to. However, the rage he feels from having the man who called himself his best friend's murderer in front of him overpowers his fear, and he attacks him, screaming like a beast
- Jinada asks him: "My wife's good friend, why are you so angry?" and beats him down to the ground
- Tousen can taste blood in his mouth, his limbs are paralyzed from the pain
- Still with a gentle voice, Jinada asks him once more: "My wife... If it's for Ukyo, will you forgive me?" Tousen tries shouting at him, but the blood overflowing from his throat prevents him from speaking clearly
- Jinada reminds Tousen he himself said he'd honor Ukyo's desire earlier. He says that if Tousen cared about her, he should forgive him, forget his hatred and live a peaceful life protected by the Shinigami. "My wife would also have wanted you to do so. Please understand, for her sake."
- Jinada presses his sheathed zanpakuto against Tosen's throat and crushes it, while reminding him there was no way he would have been able to avenge her to begin with
- The guards from earlier appear on the scene, alerted by Tosen's yells
- Jinada tells them the Rukongai citizen tried to assault him and to quickly kick him out

(5/8)

- Before Tosen is taken away, Jinada tells him there were no lies at all in anything he told him. He truly thinks it's a strange world in which a man like him wouldn't get punished much. He's sorry he couldn't protect Okyou from the "unreasonable circumstances of the world", but he understands the values she stood for
- Tosen tries shouting at him once more, but his throat is crushed
- Jinada has a smile of malice and pleasure on his face, and adds that he hates those kinds of values so much that it makes him wants to puke
- More than anger for that man, Tosen feels a deep despair towards the world that trampled upon the desires held by his best friend
- On that night, the stars she looked at weren't lighting her, she was the one that illuminated the world. Now, that light has been lost forever
- The guards strike at Tosen with their staves once again. "This time, nobody stopped them."

(6/8)

- Back in present time, Seireitei
- A man awakes on a luxurious chair and thinks to himself he dreamt about something that happened a long time ago
- A person with a small body appears in front of him and speaks up: "Wake up! Jinada-sama!"
- Jinada comments that it's auspicious to have good dreams like that one, to which the person childishly asks him what the dream was about
- Jinada explains it was a nostalgic memory, and how pleasant it is for him to witness the moment someone's heart is filled with despair, even in a dream
- The person doesn't understand what he's talking about, Jinada replies it's alright for them not to understand, "You're still young."
- The person in front of Jinada is a child wearing black clothes resembling a shihakusho
- If human age were applied to them, they would look around 15, their face is beautiful but too androgynous to tell whether they're male of female
- Jinada asks the child, Hikone (?) (彦禰), what they were doing and whether they were standing guard there until he woke up
- Hikone replies with a smile that they did as they were told and stood there because some people were trying to kill Jinada-sama
- Jinada looks around once again, several black-clothed men are collapsed around Hikone, some look like they've had all their bones broken. From their clothes, it can be determined they're hired assassins from the onmitsukido
- Jinada stands up from his chair, gently strokes Hikone's hair and congratulates them for their hard work
- Hikone is ecstatic to receive praises from Jinada

(7/8)

- Jinada slowly approaches the assassins, stands in front of a conscious one and asks him why they were trying to accomplish their job when all their clients are already dead
- While saying that, Jinada looks behind the man towards a long table where several nobles are seated. Their clothes are sewn with the same family crest as Jinada, they're part of the Tsunayashiro family. However, none of them are moving, they're all dead
- Jinada says that it would be natural to think that the client that would've requested to assassinate him would be an elder from the same family
- He asks the assassin why they didn't abandon their mission when they found the other nobles dead, but the assassin keeps silent, it seems like they won't disclose any information about themselves or their client
- Jinada sees his determination and applauds the assassins for trying to complete their mission to the very end, that's something he himself wouldn't be able to do
- The assassin still staring silently at him, Jinada says: "Oh, I'll tell you one good thing as a reward. Your client is still alive, your actions weren't in waste."
- The assassin doesn't understand, even though they had received their mission by an intermediary, he had guessed the client was from the Tsunayashiro family, as Jinada said
- Jinada smiles like a child and says: "It's me." The assassin doesn't understand, so he repeats once more: "It was I myself that requested you to kill me."
- Jinada says he'll be the man who caught the assassins that murdered the Tsunayoshi elders, he'll be sure to attract sympathy from the other family members
- The assassin doesn't know what to believe, but Jinada tells him it doesn't matter whether he believes him or not, seeing that confused look on his face is fun enough

(8/8)

- Jinada admits to the assassin that it's foolish to reveal his plans like that, when he risks getting heard by someone else. Jinada thinks that maybe that makes him a fool, then
- He steps on the assassin's fingers and is delighted to hear the sound of breaking bones and the assassin's cries of pain
- He says he can't help it, he wanted to see the utterly confused face of a proud assassin
- Jinada keeps slowly crushing the assassin's bones again and again while laughing
- He takes out his zanpakuto, and looks at Hikone, who enthusiastically says "That looks like fun, Jinada-sama!"
- Jinada returns a smile while slowly stabbing the assassin through his spine and confirms that it really is fun
- Jinada finishes off the other assassins and approaches Hikone while wiping the blood on his sword
- He tells Hikone to come along, Jinada's going to officially be made the new family head as a substitute for all the murdered elders
- Hikone follows him and wonders whether they should refer to Jinada as Family Head from now own, to which Jinada replies he doesn't mind Hikone calling him by his name
- Hikone is delighted and smiles innocently among the hundreds of corpses laying around
- Jinada strokes Hikone's hair once again and reaffirms he doesn't mind what they call him
- "Hikone's going to become the Soul King. So let's have an equal relationship."

So
He kills his entire family
Hires the Omnitsukido for this
Humiliated Tousen in the past
Probably fucks the 15yo thing

And Hitsugaya said there was peace?

When is the assassination happening? After the 10years timeskip or shortly after the war?

is the writing actual better than what's become of bleach?

Bleach was always good. We just didn't got the whole story, because of too many characters and too many happenings. Kubo also likes to illustrate his characters under the influence of some emotion, rather than explain with words what's happening.

Narita seems to attempt some story instead of endless stream of battles, so there's definitely a potential here.

>Bleach was always good.

I chuckled

I'm glad I made you laugh, user.

This is a post where the line between ironic, bait or real posting is so thin that it makes you wonder if every thing you post is real or not.

Kubo should've touched on this a bit during the arrancar arc, especially during Tousen's flashback in some way. It's a pity that such a good plot was wasted by Kubo by continuously drawing nothing but battles.

It's just another poorly written non canon novel that involves overly dramatic plots and vastly overpowered characters.

Nah.

Kubump

What doeas the name Ukyo mean?

I stopped keeping up with Bleach and Kubo right after it ended, has anything happened since then? What has Kubo been up to? Is he working on a new manga?

I love the first few arcs to death, and I even thought the entire arrancar arc was at least decent up until the Aizen shenanigans. Hell, I even think the Fullbring arc is underrated and could have been even better had it not been cut short. But the fact is that Bleach has always had flaws, even the good parts. Shit like power creep, excessive amounts of unnecessary characters and overly convoluted plot threads towards the end.

And you can't fucking excuse that last arc, you just can't, man.

>Tousen: "Muh waifu died! She was muh light Grr! This world is awful!!"

Now, where have I heard that before?

Tousen was butthurt about his waifu before Tobi was even a thing in Naruto.

So legally Byakuya can actually kill whoever he wants at all times without consequence, huh.

Yeah, basically.

Byakuya is such a great guy for not doing precisely that.

Like he agreed on Rukia's execution

Urahara was part of squad 2.
Was he in the Omnitsukido?
Did he also perform assassinations of nobles?

AIZEN DID NOTHING WRONG

Pretty much. It's starting to look like letting Aizen run things would've been the best option.

>power creep
Actually compared to other shounen series Bleach is remarkably consistent in its power levels.
The arrancar were said to be as powerful, or stronger than the captains and in the final arc they were absolutely stronger than the quincies physically. Ichigo also never surpassed his previous cap at the end of the HM arc. He could've become stronger if he had mastered melding, or learned how to use his ability, but he remained at the same level he was when he fought Aizen. That's over 4 years without powerlevels exceeding the previous upper limit.

I'll admit that Bleach does a pretty good job at keeping the characters power levels consistent, (with the exception of Ichigo's group) but the power levels themselves have still gotten out of hand.

Or maybe the presentation of them has gotten out of hand. Pick a fight, any fight from the Soul Society arc, or even the early Arrancar arc. And now compare that with the city annihilating explosions later in the series.

Another problem is that the fights all feel more DBZ-like what with everybody floating in the air. Albeit, Kubo did foreshadow that ability when Ichigo fought Orihime's brother.

Who else here is intelligent and nihilistic with a wicked sense of humor like Jinada?

Ichigo's power is off the charts and still not fully realized. The scale of collateral wanton destruction is also not that relevant, as pretty much any captain can cause large scale destruction like that.

So just like you're mom?

Like I said, it's probably just a presentation issue for me. I like when characters get stronger, but when someone like Ichigo goes from a slightly above-average shinigami to basically being some kind of demi-god, it just gets ridiculous. Thankfully the fact that most of the characters are on the same playing-field power level wise stops the power creep from completely ruining everything.

Ichigo was VC class from the get-go. He wasn't just "slightly above average". There are roughly 200 shinigami under every squad and they have one VC and Captain each.

Ichigo was definitely not VC class from the get-go. He only barely beat Renji (who was under a limiter) during their first fight, Ichigo even had to asspull more power out of nowhere to do it. And even after Ichigo learned Zangetsu's name, he still wasn't able to beat Renji until he remembered Urahara's little pep speech.

You could always chalk that up to difference in skill rather than difference in raw power, which is what causes the city destroying explosions

But bleach is finished.

So this child Hikone is the one who eventually becomes the Soul King? Interesting, this would mean Yhwach is also descended from the Five Noble Families. Or at least the one Jinada and Hikone belong to (the Tsunayashiro family). This also means Tosen is a lot older than expected, the guy got to see the creation of the fucking Soul King. That came even before the Zero Division's time. Also means we might get to see how Aizen came to be as well.

>Hikone's going to become the Soul King
So they really can put whoever in Soul King's place, huh?

Mayne not in terms of skill, but in terms of reiastu Ichigo has always been far above average (although generally inconsistent as noted by Ulquiorra). Even as early as Karakura you have Ichigo bing strong enough to repel a Menos Grande which simply shouldn't be possible for anyone below Captain level. If anything, Kubo was consistent in how he kept Ichigos power level inconsistent, because it was related to a major plot point (his inner hollow).

what is this meme

>Ow The Edge: the fanfic

First time reading Narita? Lol

tsunayoshi = five noble right?

Gonna bump this question again. Has Kubo been up to anything? Has Narita basically taken over Bleach?

No, not really. Although there are procedures to creating a suitable vessel, you can't just put any average joe on the throne. Ichigo is an exception, he alone can replace the king entirely.

Yes. So now there's Kuchiki, Shihouin, Tsunayoshi, Shiba, and the unknown last one.

I made some corrections to the ripped script.
If you can get ABBYY Finereader 12 pro I can give you the raw files, if not I'll have to make another word doc, or pdf. The raw file is more convenient since it includes the source images.
But I feel that your summary is more than accurate enough.

And Ichigo was protected by his hollow too during that fight, when a hollow mask appeared on his check

Kubo interview on 23rd or 26th this month.

>on his check
on his chest

Aizen is the last one.

Bleach is just about backstories now?

Last one is guy who steal nimaiya zanpakuto

I GUESS

Shigekuni.
Aizen is a Shiba bastard.

Yes. Soon it will just be slideshows.

The final novel is about exposition and tying up all the loose threads.

I said this before ironically, but now I honestly believe it:

Aizen was the good guy all along.

That was Jinada or rather the kid.

He did what Ichigo did in the SS arc, but took it a step further by challenging SS' ancient institutions and seeking to change them from the very top.
When you put things in perspective like this it gives you a new appreciation for the character.
Aizen who was born with immense power beyond everyone else could not connect to others and felt alone. At the same time he saw the endless suffering and injustice that was being done in the name of an absent god and decided to become god and take control of the world to make things right. This would in turn also create a bond between the people he "protects" and himself. Aizen always had SS' best in mind. He didn't kill a single shinigami who didn't oppose him, or wasn't somehow complicit in the evil of SS.
It all makes so much more sense now, his speach about gods and kings, the flower on the precipice, what he said during the quincy arc about not wanting to take Yhwach's SS and why killed the Central 47.
On second thought, him killing the original 47 is what set SS on the right path, so that might've been a bigger part of his plan than we initially were lead to believe.

I'm not sure that's really fair.
Aizen seemed to imply that Ichigo had dropped his power down so much that he only had regained it basically post royal guard training.
In terms of sheer destructive force, the only city-vaporizing blasts we saw were Aizen and Ichigo, I think.
Ulquiorra came fairly close, but his was more like a few city blocks at best.
Most explosions we see the scale of after the time skip are viewed from a closer distance, but they're usually the size of a few buildings, certainly nothing compared to the landscape vaporizing we see from Ichigo v Aizen.
That's the one thing about Kenpachi that made his bankai so useful, if there are only enemies around. The full destructive force of the bankai is routed through his whole body, and sword, which means to devastate, say, a giant arm, he doesn't need to blast it off, using tons of energy, he can simply grab it and tear it off.
It's hard to rank his destructive power against any normal shinigami. It's clearly not Aizen/Ichigo level, but I'd argue, especially given the fear of him even learning shikai, that he's probably yamamoto tier destructive capabilities.

Pretty sure it's the Central 46

You could say that his only unjustified murder was Gin's.

Not that user, but does it matter now?

Since when was the Onmitsukido an assassin for hire organization? They're the secret police and in charge of subduing or assassinating deserters and other dangerous people.

Soul Society is corrupt to the bone.

You replied, you tell me.

Think about the kind of pull a Royal House member might have; no single piece of the Gotei/Omnitsukido/Kido Corps is 100% uniform in moral standing, it's not entirely unlikely that a small group of Omnitsukido would be willing to do such a thing for the right price.

Is every attack on SS pretty much 100% deserved?

This series still pisses me off. I will never let go of how rushed the ending was.

Omnitsukidou are a black ops organization. Although none will admit it, all black ops orgs do some sort of shady dealings to supplement their incomes. They were hired to take out a lesser family member of a noble family. Totally justifiable. Although they'd probably decline killing the elders, like they will now be accused of. And all the Gotei 13 can do in this case is duck and cover, because they can't admit to being complicit in an assassination attempt on one of the great noble houses, so they assassins will be branded as a rogue unit acting on their own accord.

Didn't he almost kill Hinamori?

Mercy killing. Hinamori was his lover and direct subordinate, he didn't want her to live through and witness what was to come next.
Instead he wanted her to remember him as the Aizen she had loved, and die in peace. He knew that if he had asked she would've followed, but still he didn't.

Well, Wristwatch's motives were terribly shitty to begin with (both in-universe and storytelling-wise), and with each new piece of information Aizen seems less and less as a bad guy.

I want Sosuke Aizen for Soul King!

Tousen did nothing wrong.

>Age
Ichibei 10000+
Five Noble Clan 7000+
Oetsu 5000+
Yamamoto 2000+
Tenjiro 2000+
Unohana 1500+
Senjumaru 1000+
Hikufune 1000+

Are we speculating now? Because we have nothing on oficial ages yet. Yama was said to be 2000+ years old and the average max age of a plus was around 2000 years old. So far in Bleach there is only one true immortal and that's Aizen.

>lover
I though Aizen had standarts

Even Aizen gets backed up

None of those were fatal. Probably he just hit non-vital spots on purpose.

>Ichibei and Nimaiya
They are the same age.

Remember nigger create all zanpakuto(asauchi)

Narita sure loves the Toriko method of writing.

a shit

I wonder when Tousen met Aizen.

Ukitake best character

Ichibee is the only Shinigami without a sword from Nimaya. He achieved a Shinuichi long before the concept of Bankai was born.

Narita started writing far earlier than Toriko has been published, so I think you have that backwards.

Probably some time after the events of TBTP. I think their meeting took place more or less like this
>Aizen learns that there is a talented blind guy rising the ranks among the shinigami
>this could be a problem for Kyoka Suigetsu, so Aizen wants to kill him
>he met Tousen with an excuse and they start talking
>Tousen reveals his hate for the sistem
>keikaku intensifies

Tousen became a shinigami long before the first part of TBTP though. He was a VC by the time Aizen betrayed the vizards.

Yeah, because the death of Tousen's friend was one of those loose ends.

Not necessarily, but it helps tying the events of the novel into the overarching plots in the manga.
A novel focusing Hisagi would logically trace Tousen's footsteps, and eventually have Hisagi face off against his opponent.
From a narrative POV this decision is sound.

>after the events of TBTP
No. Tousen was the one to cut Kensei down. He was already part of squad 10 back then.
At any case he met him before Komamura joined the Gotei- Tousen (unseated shinigami in that one flashback panel during the events on Sokyoku hill) introduced Koma to Aizen, who is a lieutenant at the time.

>He was a VC
No, Mashiro was the vc.

Squad 9*

>last bleach novelization

Well fuck, I guess they need to make Bleach;X now to pump out more content.