Which one is responsible for the current trends on the stock market?

Which one is responsible for the current trends on the stock market?

Other urls found in this thread:

lifezette.com/polizette/aussie-complaints-to-be-filed-with-fbi-on-clinton-foundations-dealing-down-under/
cnbc.com/2018/01/17/apple-announces-350-billion-investment-20k-jobs-over-5-years.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Which one is responsible for the current trends on the stock market?
If the current year is 2016 Obama is responsible.
If the current year is 2018 Trump is responsible.

The one on the left my dude.

Jimmy Carter, actually.

Define ‘current trend’. Real gains are like 7% per year since forever in US market. So what time frame are you referring to?

Rightwingers BTFO

...explain, please

Why can't it be both? Or neither? Who gives a shit? Make the money while you can.

neither

Market confidence undeniably sides with the businessman who's primary benefits to our country has been increasing it's posterity.

However, I have noted that right before Obama left office banks are finding ways to give more adjustable rate mortgages which fucked us in 2008, so I'm a bit wary on the housing market again since the majority of big city housing prices are skyrocketing.

Lets see .... Apple refused to move business back to the US even though obama begged. Now apple is coming back because of trump tax cuts. Liberals btfo.

Neither. The stock market has already been on a bull-run since Obama took over in 2009. Anybody that invests in stocks knows political shit doesn't influence the market drastically.

The growth under Obama was decent and good, but explosive growth can result in a bubble which will crash like in 2008. Got a feeling Trump will end his administration with another crash and become Bush 2.0

>Says politics doesn't effect markets

Yeah, until a literal Marxist takes over your country, starts stealing land and fixes the prices of goods. Then you know what time it would be?

an inflated growth bubble is my biggest concern in the world right now and I know nothing about economics.

the dow crossed 26,000 and than dropped off to finish at a loss the other day which was the largest top to bottom fluctuation in recent memory and it happened during the fastest 1000 point gain in history. something fucky related to the QE policy is happening and I have a feeling as you said that in about five years we're going to be looking at each other and asking "how could anyone think pumping trillions of government debtdollars into the economy was a good idea?" just like we were asking "how could anyone think giving half million dollar loans to baristas was a good idea?" after the housing crash.

I just wish I were even 5% smarter so I would be able to figure out a way to make money off of this

If you really want to make money off this, invest in your 401k up to the point where your employer stops matching every single year, then let it sit until you're 60. Then you're guaranteed over $1M.

Stock's already up over 18% this year. If you put in 5k and your employer matches, that's 10k in your 401k appreciating at 18%, which means you have 11,800 in your 401k for the 5k you put in. Repeat this process compounding the interest every single year, and it's actually kind of insane the returns that you get.

Legitimately Trump. Businesses and investors reacted to his proclamations and policies and hedged their strategy on America. The massive surges in the Dow is the result.

Now whether this is sustainable is another question. We saw the same with Reagan and it took a few decades for the fundamental flaws to show.

Obama. Economists overwhelming think that the tax bill will have little to no increase in sustained growth. Bar the tax bill Trump has had little positive effect on the economy. Regulations are nothing.

The main other impact is the healthcare debacle. By holding out on the subsidies and repeated failed attempts at repeal, the market become extremely uncertain. This actually cost the government more and lead to increased premiums. People with less money in their pocket, spend less. And it impacts poorer people, who have higher economic volatility. In terms of a economy, you would be better off with 100 people with $10000 each, instead of 1 millionaire. As they would all spend a greater amount of their sum then the millionaire even with the same basic spending patterns.

Neither. Presidents don't pull a fucking lever that makes the stock market grow or shrink.

Trump. Investing is speculative and forward-looking by nature. The stock market has already priced in their forecasts of growth under the Trump administration, his tax cuts, and his business-friendly policies. Investors are optimistic about Trump which is why the stock market is up. Investors don't give a shit about what happened yesterday, Obama stopped having any influence on the stock market the day after Trump was elected.

>tax bill which directly puts money into most peoples pockets will have no effect
>healthcare bill failure which takes money out of pockets of ~6% of population will have dramatic effect

not even going to bother with the rest of that gibberish

We were told that electing Trump will hurt the economy. Still waiting.

A tax bill that gives 90% of its benefits to the ultra rich and corporations. And doesn't actually simplify the tax code like it promises and actively complicates it.

Economic growth can be increased with multipliers. Government spending creates a much greater economic multiplier, then cutting taxes does even with a equivalent number of money. Because not all tax dollars cut go to productive uses. When people get a tax rebate, some might go buy something. But some might simply save it or use it pay down debt which is less economically productive. This is basic economics mate.

And of course government spending has long term effects. Building a road, dam, bridge, school, etc has positive economic benefits for years to come. More money in a rich kikes stock profile doesn't.

Obama, 2013-2016 (his last four years): Dow from 14,000 to 18,000 (4,000 points)

Trump, 2017 (one year): Dow from 18,000 to 26,000 (8,000 points)

Trump's economy is pushing the Dow up 8 times faster than Obama's economy did.

Apologize

The white guy.

you're wrong on every account except your last paragraph
stay in your own lane Crococdile Dundee

I'm hoping the housing prices will come down as pajeets and mexicans go home. This construction boom going on in cities across the country is 100% due to shit tier immigrants being trucked in to do codemonkey work, every one of those several dozen cranes that dot the skyline of your city was erected as a pajeet welcome flag for tech companies who need bug hive housing for their drones

>Obama, 2013-2016 (his last four years): Dow from 14,000 to 18,000 (4,000 points)
>Trump, 2017 (one year): Dow from 18,000 to 26,000 (8,000 points)
whoa this is an awesome way to look at it! shiet! MAGA

OP btfo

That Apple news is devastating to liberals.

>That Apple news is devastating to liberals.

sauce?

Clinton has been funneling Aussie tax dollars into her pocket. lifezette.com/polizette/aussie-complaints-to-be-filed-with-fbi-on-clinton-foundations-dealing-down-under/

Exactly what I do, I put 12% of my pay into my 401k, employer matches up to 8%, and I told my money managers to get aggressive as soon as trump won (I'm under 30, risk doesn't scare me). I've "profited" over $20,000 since his inauguration with only this.

cnbc.com/2018/01/17/apple-announces-350-billion-investment-20k-jobs-over-5-years.html

gov spending is almost entirely entitlements you tard.
Trump has a different plan for infrastructure spending. In no way is the gov more productive than the private sector.

People tend to spend money and create jobs when they have *confidence in their leader at the time. Not some race baiting marxist muslim who would always focus on social trends instead of economic issues.

Im in sales and delivery by trade so i have actually witnessed the "change".

Obama

You cant take credit for most thing during your first year

Do you honestly believe the stock market relies on the past?

Holy shit, how clueless are you? The entirety of the stock market is based on consumer confidence and future growth expectations.

Who the hell is investing in the stock market on a president that is already out of office?

>Obama purposely spent his presidency timing the economy to take off right after he left office
>the future of the stock market is determined by the past
>the stock market taking off as soon as Trump was elected is merely a coincidence (plz don't post all the screencaps of prominent liberals claiming the stock market and economy would tank if Trump won)
>tax cuts are going to kill people and take away healthcare and won't benefit the economy at all
>tax cuts have absolutely nothing to do with any positive economic news, ignore all the companies that are giving raises/bonuses and hiring thousands of more workers and pumping billions into capital expenditures and repatriating hundreds of billions of dollars as a direct result of legislation signed by Trump they are just doing this because of Obama
This is what liberals seriously believe

The market would have crashed if Trump hadn't won.

If it was Obama, why in the FUCK would he make it so that the effects wouldn't kick in until after he left?

This goes for all presidents really.

Sanders would've stopped the growth of the stock market.
Hillary would've the stock market going about the same as obama, slight rise
Trump stock market is booming.