ITT: Write an Anime Plot

Hard Mode:
>Make it a tragedy.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/me5Rq
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mirror Mirror 鏡よ鏡 (Kagami yo Kagami)

MC-kun is your average high schooler about to start his last year, with one fatal flaw: he loves himself far too much! His "mature" and predictable lifestyle takes a turn when he finds himself stalked and blackmailed by an unusual girl, who reveals to him an incredible secret: she is his alternate self from another dimension. Now forced to live with an eccentric and exceedingly familiar roommate, MC-kun watches as his rose-colored life spirals in a very different direction.

>MC-kun fancies himself to be very mature and mostly uninterested in other people, leading him to have very few friends (if any) in school as he is comfortable keeping to himself. An egoist who thinks he is hot shit and wants to become a businessman, with dreams of being a smooth talking secret agent who knows what everyone is going to say
>MC-san is very very similar to him, but has given up on dreams of business due to Japan’s very male-centric business culture so instead has become a smooth talking and crafty woman (making MC-kun jealous). Blackmails MC-kun into letting her stay at his dorm as she now has no room or money
>Barista girl who is very familiar with MC-kun as he regularly comes to drink coffee. Slightly attracted to him (in looks only as she does not know what he’s actually like) and becomes intrigued when MC-san appears with him regularly
>Delinquent girl who was MC-san’s "henchman" her dimension (where he was a guy): MC-san tells MC-kun his odd hobbies in order to get him to help her
>Solitary guy who MC-kun mistakenly thinks is similar to himself but is actually lonesome and depressed. Has killed (her)self in MC-san’s dimension, so tells MC-kun to make friends with her

>MC-kun and MC-san start off finding each other hard to deal with, but quickly become fast friends and find each other other to be mentors

>MC-san poses as MC-kuns sister, and his girlfriend when his family appears

>MC-kun and MC-san have a james bond/bond villain theme and aesthetic

>mostly comedic slice of life but also introspective (as MC-kun and MC-san help each other realize what they are actually like) and existential (MC-san coming to terms with the fact that she'll never really see the people she actually knows ever again)

>MC-san convinces MC-kun to make friends by envisioning them as various parts of the "spy world": a henchman, a "Number 2", an informant, a rival agent, etc

>music for the series is test card bossa nova music from the 60s and 70s as they both think they're hot shit agent types

A shota magician runs out of money to continue paying for his schooling at a prestigious Magic Academy, goes into debt, and gets thrown out into the streets.

Broke, alone, starving, and his family being too far away for him to get to he ends up on the street. To earn money he does performances doing basic magic things the academy taught him until he is approached by a mysterious woman who can make all his troubles go away.

The Shota accepts the mysterious woman's offer, but by doing so he is forced to enter into things like: Go to War against monsters, suffer, get into politics, and etc in order to make him an alpha and a Hero who makes a lot of good friends. The shota then becomes attached to the mysterious woman, mentally and emotionally.

Once the shota becomes a Hero with the mysterious woman's help, the mysterious woman sets him on a path of destruction turning him into a Dark Lord/Vessel for her one true love who perished a long time ago who she plans on reviving.

Everything will be fine...

A BOY

Young boy goes on an adventure to defeat bad guy and collect seven magic items that can grant any wish

I'm just going to copy and paste this one in hopes of more feed back and ideas to expand the training part

The Lord of war

young boy is a servant in a castle, he is in love with the princess, and she is in love with him too. Both know that they don't have a future because the king with not allowed. Didn't matter to the boy, he still talks with the king and asks for the hand of the princess. The king mocks the bou telling him that he is a nobody and that he never will marry the pricess.

The boy makes a promise to the princess "I would come back for you when I stop being a nobody"

So the boy goes and find this famous grup of mercenaries calles "Te lords of war" the story follow his test to be trained, the training, some missions in other kingdoms, the rituals of becaming a lord of war.

A few years later, he comes back, he is totally a diferent person, from a wak boy to a bad ass man. Every one recognices a lord of war. He speaks with the king, and at first the king doesn't know it's the boy, but with some frases that he said last time, he totally recognaise him.

The king worried that this warrior would do something crazy, like try to kill him, says that he would give him a chance to prove that he really is a lord of war, fighting the best warrior of the kingdom to death.

The wrriors fight, the boy almos loses, but he was playing all along, hi wins demostraiting his years of experience.

The king says that it's ok, he recognices him as a lord of war, but that doesn't mean he is going to give her daughter just like that, so he have one condition "You could mrry my daghter if you let me cut your thumbs" this way he would never handle a weapon with his full skill.

He accepts, because he doesn't care about fighting or being a king(wich is one of the mains worries of the king all the time), but just being with the pricess.

A boy wakes up in a bedroom with no recollection of how he arrived there; his only clue is a heart-shaped locket holding a picture of a beautiful girl.

He feels a deep and powerful subconscious connection to the girl, but has no real idea who she is.

In his search for answers, he discovers the shocking truth:
He originally was the girl, but became a boy after his parents made a wish to have another son. The wish was woefully misconstrued by the powers of the cosmos,
turning the girl into the boy.

For a time, the young prince was truly happy: he had his father’s love, his childhood sweetheart’s hand in betrothal, and all the luxuries the palace could afford. After ten years, even the bitter wounds from last civil war seemed to be healing, and the future looked bright. But one night, awakened by a voice in his ear, the prince strays down to the throne room, where he finds a gruesome figure waiting for him: the ghost of the king whom the prince’s father usurped in the civil war.

The scornful ghost whispers to the prince of his father’s sins: deceit, betrayal, and the murder of the whole royal family—sins which the prince has inherited as his father’s heir. There is only one way for the prince to cleanse his soul, the ghost tells him: one of the dead king’s daughters managed to escape the coup and was hidden away by his faithful steward. The prince must find her, overthrow his father, and install the rightful princess on the throne. Only then will justice be done.

As the grisly apparition fades away, the prince gathers up his nerves and makes a fateful decision in the name of protecting all he holds dear: he will go and seek out the lost princess—and he will kill her.

Meanwhile in the countryside, a girl sits at the deathbed of the man who raised her—the king’s steward—and makes a decision of her own. Though the steward had trained her in the military arts and had always hoped she’d avenge his beloved king, she has seen firsthand how the people suffer, and how impotent even a mighty lord is to improve the common folks’ lot. Taking the steward’s sword and armor, she adopts the guise of a knight and dedicates her life to the good of the people, whatever that may entail.

A prince descending into squalor and a princess rising out of it; it’s only a matter of time before their paths—and blades—finally cross.

I like the idea, but how would he react? Regular MC freak out? Get angry as fuck? Get turned on?

DO THEY FUCK BEFORE THEY KILL EACH OTHER OR NOT

>A boy gets sent to an isekai world to defeat the demon king
Which happened twenty years ago, and things really haven't gotten better.

With the demon king long dead the faction who where united as one to defeat a common enemy now simply bicker with each other and are always more then eager to threaten to start war with whichever faction that upsets them that day and as a result, there is no central authority to keep the peace letting bandits and a small group of fanatics of the demon king run smoke in the country side.

And as for the hero who saved the world for the brink, the world now has no need for him. With most of his companions dead and the few who remain probably want him dead he just wanders around seeing all that has happened and contemplating whether or not his actions where really for the best.

Are you French

I liked this last thread; your second post is a good addition. The spy aesthetic is interesting to me, but at the same time gives me pause. I think it's because it feels like an interchangeable cover draped over the story, rather than something emerging from within it. Samurai Champloo and its hip-hop aesthetic are what I'd consider an ideal exemplar here. In your case, perhaps look into ways to draw on further spy motifs in a way that makes them irreplaceable to the story, rather than just as allusions.

A good corruption arc can be very satisfying, but it depends greatly on the psychology of the protagonist. What is this magician like when he's alone? What decisions will he make, rather than ones that are made for him?

I'll elaborate on what I said last thread:

The whole middle bit with the self-proclaimed "Lords of War" feels irrelevant to what follows, and a bit juvenile at that. He could toughen up and become a plausible threat to the king in any number of other ways, and it'd amount to the exact same thing. Additionally, it's all weirdly easy for the boy, at least as you've written it. He joins the Lords of War easily; he emerges a badass, no complications, despite not really caring about fighting; he wins his duel easily; he doesn't even seem to hesitate about the thumb trade, or what the Lords of War might to do such an eager deserter. It's all weightless and low-stake.

Need a story for this premise. You've got the seed of one in his family's inner conflicts; now expand it. Did she take over the body of an existing sibling, or what?

Perhaps! My plan was that they fight alongside each other allies at first, neither knowing the other's identity; then, when they've become true friends, the prince learns her secret and commits a truly agonizing betrayal.

What's his goal in his wandering? I like the backstory, but what of the story itself?

>perhaps look into ways to draw on further spy motifs in a way that makes them irreplaceable to the story, rather than just as allusions.

I kind of want to make it a manga/anime version of "How to win friends and influence people", where both versions of the MC have learned/have to learn how to go beyond simply putting on facades in day to day life and actually interact with people/learn more about them to win their favor. For MC-kun it's about making social connections like in a business sense, while for MC-san it's about manipulating people to get them to do what she wants. They both envision themselves as agents "playing a game" with other people, and the things they get up to give the two of them a rude awakening.

There's also a theme of disguises: MC-san has to pretend to be his sister and his girlfriend, and wears sunglasses everywhere. She even shows up to his school wearing a uniform and sunglasses despite not even going there (officially).

If you have some more ideas I'd love to hear them.

No, why?

>It's all weightless and low-stake
I get it. And yes, I need to go into the details of his quest searching for the lords of war, his test to get accepted for training, he probably would get bullied around within the group too. And I was tinking about the deserting part too, like they would know his intentions from the start, so they made a deal with him for an X amount of time (or money or a rank to be with them) before they let him go.

Or hey, maybe he would end killing the king at giving half of the kingdom to his brothers of war.

Any ways, I would deep in more details with time, but maybe I would not post it here becasue it would be too long.

BUMP

That sounds like a good approach. Manipulation and masks would pair well with secret agents, and would make for strong themes in the MCs' personal development. As for ideas, it sounds like your character arc here is something like "Becoming more honest with self and with others". Since the main arc of a story should end in a decision, what do you think would be the most significant decision your MCs could make that would signify them discarding their disguises and ceasing to treat their lives as mere games? And how could you tie this decision into the premise of the alternate universe/alternate self? If you can come up with a substantially weighty decision that simultaneously brings both the character arcs and the plot arc to a conclusion, I think you'll have a winner.

My main recommendation is this: make the Lords of War critical to the ending of the story. Right now, MC could have spent his training period doing just about anything related to fighting and the story would still end the same way because the specifics don't factor into any of the concluding events. How can you make it so that the choice to join the Lords of War specifically is instrumental to the finale? The idea of simply killing the king is a start; what other ideas do you have?

>Since the main arc of a story should end in a decision, what do you think would be the most significant decision your MCs could make that would signify them discarding their disguises and ceasing to treat their lives as mere games?

It would be a very, very slow burn, but the MCs fantasize about there being a government plot after MC-san (MIB types) or maybe more holes ripping through time and space but in the end she's stuck there. the end. there is no going back. she's forced to spend the rest of her life in a universe where she doesn't actually exist, and her realization of this is buried deep down within her psyche. when she realizes this and ultimately accepts it she turns over a new leaf, slightly, and opens up to the cast .

of course this could always be switched about and there actually IS MIB after the MC's alternate self but I'd rather not do that

as for the MC he realizes that maybe people were more interesting than he thought, and while they may not stack up to the caricatures in media in regards to their novelty there is still a lot to appreciate about them.

>MC could have spent his training period doing just about anything related to fighting
Agree, my problem with this is that it would make the MC stays in the kingdom and would be closer to the princess and the king, so it would end with the King finding that this kid maybe would become a threat, so the he would decide to kill him, the MC would be chased out of the kingdom and then he would join another kingdom or something to get his training. But why other kingdom would accept him? how would he get out of that kingdom? would he start a war to get the princess?

So for me, this is just too convoluted and boring. That's why the lords of war exis, they are independent, and because they hace som sort of fame they are the way to go from the start.

I would need to tink in a way to really include them in the end tho.

Thanks for the feed back.

The voice of fire
Monster girls are invading our world in massive numbers, bringing only chaos. Vigilante groups styled after Crusaders and fantasy paladins and clerics form due to lack of government response, seeking to purge the monster girls from the world in reprisal.

Our MC is a young blond man was preshred by a friend to join his local group known as the World Guard 404. Despite his outward appearance as loyal, skilled guardsman, his secret is that he dosen't like fighting

Meanwhile, a family of cute tanuki girls try crazy scams each week to make money. When they backfire, the tanuki retreat back to the forest to come up with a new scam. However, the youngest one has regrets about following her sisters' lifestyle because she has a crush on MC, though she doesn't have the courage to reveal her love due to his public persona.

However a female paladin who has been tasked with hunting down traitors has already proposed marrage to the MC. He is also under threat from a magical ogre queen who was exiled to this new world. The pages of the ogre queen's spellbook have been scattered, leaving her weakened. She vows collect the magic pages and recruit local monsters to attack humans and restore her kingdom.

"Speed Square"

Our MC is a girl who has no interest in making friends in her new class. She is very rude, narcissistic, and also flat-chested. As a result, she often ends up breaking people's cherished possessions.

She stores damaged objects all throughout her home. These pieces of damaged furniture and other items scare her, emitting a strange aura due to their damages. She can see this aura due to the teachings of of her grandparents. They taught her that each piece of furniture and houseware should be respected. Though she desires to repair these items, she has no skills or tools.

One day, she hears a loud hammering and the whirring of power tools coming from her neighbor's backyard. When she goes to look, she sees her classmates cutting wood and building furniture. Inspired by their skills (and big boobs) she asks the other girls if they could give her guidance in the art of furniture repair.

Every day she learns the ins and outs of DIY construction and repair, and uses these skills to restore her possessions, healing the objects' auras, and as her skills grow so too does her heart).

bamp

Reposting with edits:

MC was a high schooler transported to this world to prevent its takeover by the dark lord. He fought alongside fantasy race babes, crossed swords with his childhood-friend-turned-rival, and saved gorillions of lives. But the dark lord turned out to be a more fair and progressive ruler than the nobles he deposed, and as he conquered nation after nation, the MC's team went from heroes to rebels to unpopular terrorists. The dark lord pardoned them, paid them off, and welcomed them as productive members of a newly industrialized society.

Twenty years later, MC has never held down an honest job. The most exciting fights he has are arguments with devil worshipers over their door-to-door evangelism. His harem has abandoned him, and he no longer bothers visiting the dozen or so kids he fathered with them. He shambles from one pub to the next with his old rival, reminiscing about their glory days, only hooking up when they're smashed enough not to remember it in the morning.

The show is a dark comedy/slice-of-life, or something. I don't know what happens in it.

Why does she desire to repair them if they scare her?

>meta isekai fantasy world

eh, it'll still be in a boring fantasy world won't it?

Who needs new plot when we can adapt this

No, it would be a nightmarish funhouse mirror death universe with bullshit magic monsters. That's like the one thing I can't resist doing
>fuckhuge aggressive fish that flop up on land and bite people in half
>cities built entirely from fossilized mushrooms
>trees with trunks and branches covered in pods that blossom into human-like faces at dawn and scream at people in unison
>dogs that don't bark, and instead repeat random spoken phrases they heard in perfectly articulate deep gravelly voices
>snow, but the snowflakes are baby chickens

the american bill of rights as represented by a group of magical girls,they fight monsters of laws that endanger american freedom and burgers.

Due to space constraints and increasingly mobile technology, amusement arcades have rapidly dwindled. The last one in Japan has basically become a museum / bar.

This is a slice of life story of a cast of old men and women reminiscing the golden years of arcade gaming.

Their collective enthusiasm gave rise to a valiant effort to revive the dying culture through various gimmicks and schemes that had steadily gained the attention of the media.

Near the end of the season, a great quake ravages the metropolis that houses the last arcade, ruining it, and killing most of the frequenters.

One of them, who happened to be on a business trip to raise funds for the group's activities, suffered a stroke upon hearing about what happened.

He then bequeathed a key and a map to his grandson as as part of his last will and testament.

The last episode shows the grandson travelling to a marked location in the map, showing a warehouse in a remote forested area. The boy opens it to discover a treasure trove of arcade machines and various other old consoles.

Yep, that sounds pretty solid. Keep up the good work, and I'd love to see this produced in some form or another someday.

Keep giving it thought and I'm sure you'll find a satisfactory solution!

As an episodic comedy, I think there's potential, but it really sound like a story that'd work better in a linear format. Is there anything that could still motivate the MC to take action?

The idea of arcade preservation is interesting, but the plot sounds too loose. Who's making the important decisions here? What decisions are they?

mirror user here, thanks pal. I've already queued up some artists to draw sketches of the characters and some cover art, and I'm writing out some chapter synopsi. know anywhere I could solicit an artist on the chans for a partner up?

>Who's making the important decisions here? What decisions are they?

The supposed MC is the owner of the arcade and he's the one who executes the ideas his patrons / friends brainstorms.

>the plot sounds too loose

I do think it's supposed to be. Think Amachan (the TV series) X High Score Girl, except much gloomier due to the odds that the group faces just to keep the community alive (maintenance, vandalism, robbery, general apathy from teenagers, ridicule, etc.)

>Is there anything that could still motivate the MC to take action?
I've been trying to think of stuff. My least bad idea so far is: His youngest kid, an eight-year-old he's never actually seen, gets sent to live with him to learn How To Be A Man. So every episode would be some ridiculous lesson in manliness that totally backfires on account of MC being a shit example, but now and then the kid actually learns things and manages to grow as a person.

Actually I just thought of a dumb, pointless twist. The rival was a dude back on Earth, then got isekai'd into a female body back in the prologue days, but went on living as a guy, and the MC went on treating him as a guy and still does. After a bunch of episodes of dick jokes and "bros don't fuck" gags, it turns out the kid is biologically female. The MC has a disapproval meltdown and pumps the brakes on the whole How To Be A Man thing, but the kid has learned to be just as stubborn and opinionated as MC is and refuses to unlearn these important manly lessons in manliness from these two manly men.

A part of me regrets having this idea.

A Slice of Life anime in a cyberpunk setting.

It's your typical "cute girls doing cute things" show, but things like armed soldiers and giant mechs outside, holographic displays, a girl taking off her prosthetic arm before onsen time, and pranks involving hacking into people's shells, and the shiny neon streets contrasted with the completely run down neighborhoods are all seen as nothing out of ordinary.

>Make it a tragedy
Two twin sisters are separated at birth and each adopted into the royal families of two kingdoms.
The elder sister is raised in the Kingdom of Light, where she grows up to be a princess beloved by the people. She is talented in magic and has a caring, just nature.
Meanwhile the younger sister is raised in the Kingdom of Darkness. She grows to be a prodigious knight, with a diligent and careful nature.
Then in a sudden plot twist that absolutely nobody ever could have possibly foreseen ever, the Kingdom of Darkness invades the Kingdom of Light and the two sisters are pitted against each other.
After meeting on the battlefield, the two realise their relationship and the elder sister wants to rescue her sister from the King of the Dark Kingdom, but the younger sister is very loyal to him. In reality, the Dark King sold his soul to a demon in return for more power.
So the war continues, with the Kingdom of Light losing ground to the superior armies of Darkness. After battling a few more times, the younger sister is captured by the Kingdom of Light and the older twin eventually convinces her that the Dark King is evil. They also have incestuous yuri sex because.
So they free the younger sister and join forces to defeat the Dark King and sneak behind the battle lines to slay him.
However the king is too strong, and in order to defeat him, the older sister sacrifices herself.
The epilogue has the younger sister as the new queen of the Dark Kingdom.

No problem, and best of luck! Having been the artist in a pair-up, I do know a few spots where willing artists congregate: aside from /i/ and /ic/, there are request threads on every board where you might find someone. /vg/ also used to host an English Visual Novels General, which was home to many artists working in partnerships. The EVN threads died some months back, but they still keep a discord running, which I could link you to if you wanted. Then over in Sup Forums, the How's Your Webcomic threads are a hotspot for western artists; they mostly have projects of their own, but you might be able to make a connection over there. Lastly, /3/ is focused on CGI, but it's full of talented artists all the same. Slow board, though.

Good to hear about the MC. I'm still curious what decisions factor into the climax, though. The cast getting wiped in a natural disaster could be moving, but it doesn't offer the deceased much in the way of character development opportunities.

Nice addition with the son/daughter. That character dynamic would be a strong core for your story. I think it's a pretty fair idea, really.

I like the aesthetic here, though it's admittedly all there is. I'd love to see a mellow story in that sort of setting; I hear VA-11 Hall-A does this well.

Sounds regrettably close to Fire Emblem: Fates.

>Sounds regrettably close to Fire Emblem: Fates.
Because it was 100% based on that game.

>mellow story in that sort of setting
Well, there's Plastic Memories.

The reason I said slice of life specifically is because the cyberpunk genre is full of all sorts of stories, and that's awesome, but to see the everyday life in a broken world? Not a lot of people explored that.

yeah I remember the EVN generals, I pitched one a while back. I think Mirror Mirror would work as a VN, but I like the protagonist as a character and the whole "reflection" theme doesn't really work as well if you can only see one of the two MC's IMO

you can go ahead and link me the discord though. does /i/ and /ic/ really have writer artist meetup threads?

I'm not actually sure if i/ic have that sort of thing, though you'd have no trouble finding artists. As for EVN, they've moved here: discord.gg/me5Rq

You could do a non-first-person VN, if you're concerned about having both characters visible.

I'm not sure FE:F is a model to aspire to.

I like the idea. Sora no Woto isn't bad for "life in a broken world", though it's light on the broken side of things.

I remember the problem with the VN was that I don't have any programming experience, whereas with a comic I could sketch out rough panels and describe them as well as be the writer.

if you don't me asking would you be interested in drawing? even if you don't want to work on the comic proper I'd love to dream up some proof of concept work (character designs, etc)

Ren'Py is a great program if you don't have programming experience and aren't aiming for any complex mechanics. That said, I do understand the appeal of running the show yourself, so to speak.

I'd be happy to help with a piece or two of concept art as well, if you don't mind amateur work.

anything is appreciated! drop me a line and we can talk from there.

whoops, didn't go through

A shota gets kidnapped by a succubus after she falls in love with him at first sight. The succubus takes the shota to hell, where she rapes him every night.
In addition to this, many other demons take interest in the shota and he somehow ends up on the journey to become the next demon king.

Sent! 9273, if there's any issue.

The newest recruit on a team of sled dogs is stricken with anxiety. As they journey through the arctic, the other dogs pass on their life lessons, their canine myths, and their theories about why humans never seem to lick their own butts. But beneath the northern lights, the voyage goes off course, and as his companions begin to die, he finds there's one lesson for which he has no teacher: How to survive.

>I'm still curious what decisions factor into the climax, though

I guess a mixture of crippling debt owed to loan sharks, health problems and high maintenance costs would lead to the penultimate arc, the great invitational arcade tournament. Old and young retro video game enthusiasts are invited to raise funds for the establishment. If successful, the event will become yearly.

>The cast getting wiped in a natural disaster could be moving, but it doesn't offer the deceased much in the way of character development opportunities

The previous arcs, especially the tournament arc, should have tied up any major loose ends regarding character development. Some threads, I think, should just be abruptly ended by the event to make the losses hit harder. The remaining recollection / exposition could be done by survivors who are acquaintances or family members of the core patron group.

Set in present day, 6 space pods suddenly land on earth, each containing a GUNDAM. Inside each pod was a single word, written in every language known to man (and even some unrecognizable): SURVIVE.

The GUNDAM are huge and ridiculously overpowered by modern standards, and are literal country-destroying superweapons - to the point where if any superpower had control of just two GUNDAM instead of one, they could easily take over the world. The 6 landed in the following areas: USA, Japan, Russia, Germany, India and Brazil. Indian engineers are the first to properly interface with a GUNDAM, and within weeks they eradicate Pakistan and take over the Middle East. The other countries frantically catch up and defend their borthers. Each country quickly becomes a regional superpower, with all neighboring countries subsumed under their control after the first few careless demonstrations of the power of GUNDAM.

The story proper starts twenty years later. The world is teetering on a delicate peace. Although the Mutually Assured Destruction guaranteed by the existence of GUNDAM prevents open war, tensions are higher than ever with GUNDAM reminding everyone how close annihilation is. GUNDAM are close to being revered as the a patron saints and Holy Guardians of each region. [Generic Not-Japanese Name Here] has trained all his life for the extremely selective GUNDAM Pilot Programme, after his parents were killed in atrocities in the early months of the appearance of GUNDAM. After years of singular focus of qualifying, he is finally annointed as one of the selected few to pilot GUNDAM and serve and protect his motherland.

But questions still abound about the GUNDAM. Signs point to GUNDAM being sent from humans in the future rather than from space, but for what purpose? Initially, humanity believed that they were meant as weapons to defend against alien invasion, but after twenty years of no show and geopolitical tensions, it becomes increasingly plausible that SURVIVE referred to surviving the coming war against the other powers. There are further signs that there were supposed to be 8 GUNDAM in total, but only 6 have been found.

But none of this matters right now. By the end of the first episode, reports have confirmed that Russian spies have successfully infiltrated and taken control of India's GUNDAM.

Very Jack London concept. You certainly pitch it like a professional. I'd watch it.

So the natural disaster would be more of an epilogue, with the tournament as the climax? I can see that working.

Just swap out the word GUNDAM for something else and you have a neat sci-fi premise. The worldbuilding and plot sound well done; I'd love to hear about the MC next.

MC is gay, and fell in love very hard with a classmate. But that classmate was a reverse trap all the time. The MC have inner struggles, because he doesn't know if he was gay all the time. With a lot of ecchi, this rabucome is about a boy trying to make that girl falls in love with him, but she is a lesbian. So he fail day by day. At thing gets more complicated when he discovers that the girl he likes is also in love with his bestfriend, the class rep. So he thinks stupid ways to impress her, but he fails everytime always ending in very ecchi circumstances.

Sounds great, but you need a good cast to follow up on the strong plot

>a nerdy high school boy is up late looking through his telecope, at the stars.
>he witnesses a star go supernova
>meanwhile in a parallel universe. a girl in nearly the exact same place is doing the same.
>the girl is the boy's parallel universe counterpart.
>the supernova causes a distortion in spacetime and sends the girl to the boy's universe.
>she pops into his universe above 5 feet above his bed and crashes down in to it. which is quiet a shock to them both and make a lot of noise.
>his parents come into see him with a girl in his bed. they are both so relieved by this. they just tell him that his friend needs to say good night and leave in 10 minutes. then they go back to their bed.
>after some talking they realize they are the same person. that they both witnessed the supernova, and that it must be why she is here.
>sneaking out with her. they put her up with a friend whose parents are always out of town.
>their cover story with everyone but the parents, is that she is a cousin. they have to put up with some shady people to get her ID straightened out with the government. so she can attend school and get a part time job.
>at a school event, his friend's over hear his parents calling her,"his girlfriend". which they never bothered trying to clear up. since there was no other way to explain it. this causes much grief from their school friends. since they knew her as the cousin.
>so they now have to act as a couple in public. though they had treated each other as twins.
>high school ends, and they both attend college and live together in tiny apartment.
>in college they can get away with everyone thinking of them as twins.
>eventually things get romantic between them. so now they are hiding their relationship. where as before they had to fake it in public.
>though the parallel reality double issues still causes conflict between, sometimes.
>a nasty fight has the boy run away on a college class related internship up in Sapporo.

>after a month, they both independently realize they were wrong. so they take off to find each other and apologize.
>an earthquake has stopped both their shinkansen strains in Aomori.
>though they don't realize it, they are both in the station waiting to get on to pass each other.
>the girl walks into a ramen place and finds the boy.
>after some fumbling as they both try to apologize. some laughing and crying. they talk and realize they will always have each other, in a way no one else will.
>the boy says he has been been offered a job by the company he is interning for, once he graduates. the girls response by asking him to marry her.
>they embrace and the camera pans up. to show nebula created by the supernova all those years ago, fading out. fin

Tragedy? Alright. Let's make it edgy as well.
And let's it isekai too, because everyone loves isekai.
But let's be 'original' and do reverse isekai. And since it's gonna be a edgy tragedy with bad things and suffering happening to the protag, might as well make the protag a cute girl for maximum shock value.
So, something alongs the lines of:
>fantasy world princess, bla bla bla, demon army, bla bla bla, humans losing the war
>fantasy princess comes to our world to steal technology to help against the demon king's army
>instead, she gets taken advantage of left and right, suffering ensues

>the MC goes out to meet up his friends
>at the intersection, when he walks up to other side of the road, he's hit by certain small ball and loses consciousness
>wakes up in strange place, he walks up then meets the town
>almost everyone there is also in panic mode
>he tries to ask and the answer is they have same experience with the MC, like hit by certain small ball and loses consciousness
>"boy meets girl" happens, he cheers up a girl who is crying
>after hours of waiting weird screen comes out of nowhere, he calls himself a "GM" at that world
>that world is just a world game
>he says that you need to kill people to out of the world, but PK is not allowed. There's a system to do that, like battle and shit, both of the party needs to say yes in order the battle to be accepted. If someone does PK, he would automatically dead too.
>the girl is panic again, but the MC says to her that they can be a duo team since there's no rules to not accept duo team
>thus the duo team is formed
>later they find out that something happens with that small ball thing that hits them
>later they find out that it's virus and they're in coma
>later they find out that this battle is somehow related to the limited of vaccines
>when the player population becomes 2, which means now is just two of them, they're told by the GM that the vaccines is just one so they must kill each other
>the MC doesn't want she's dead thus he says that his feeling is fake all along in hoping that she will kill him when the battle starts
>the girl is crying hearing that since they're lover now
>the next day, the battle happens
>his plan is backfired, because she somehow knows his sacrifice plan, she loses deliberately
>before she's gone, she says sorry and hoping he will finds his happiness
>months after that, he writes a story about his experiences in that game world in fantasy genre
>after finishing it, he smiles then remembers her and then deletes the file
>after that he goes to her grave

what?

A traveling exorcist, stricken by a fatal curse, sets out on the long voyage home to reconcile with a childhood friend before she dies.

However, there's no shortage of work for an exorcist in this haunted land, and every step of the way home she finds herself caught up in the supernatural plight of those she meets.

With little time left, she must lay the ghosts of others to rest while grappling with her own impending death. Will she make it home in time? And even if she does, will she have the strength to face her friend and tell him the truth of what's to come?

GIFTED BY A DEUS EX MACHINA

One day these two kids are playing ball in gym class and get sick of how some things are against the rules, like carrying the ball with their hands and pushing opponents to the ground. They start playing their own game with NO RULES besides getting the ball into the net and staying on the field. They take the NO RULES thing a bit too far and one of them dies.

After the news reports on this incident, their game becomes a global phenomenon called Fuckball. An official Fuckball league is formed and becomes the biggest sport on the planet. Most ordinary people don't participate in it due to the high mortality rate, however. The people who participate are either desperate or extremely rich, treating it as a Most Dangerous Game scenario.

The MC is desperate for cash to care for his dying imouto and enlists in a Fuckball team. He is going up against an elite team of rich kids who have shit like guns, vehicles, and even a mecha or two. If he survives this match, he may have enough to cure his imouto, but if he loses, he will most likely die. The stage is a massive wilderness, stretching miles long. He or his team has to get to the ball, and then get it all the way to the other side, all while being hunted.

>Red Collar

Aka Yukimura is a pretty normal salaryman. 25 years old, a rising executive in his firm, he's being offered a prestigious post in his company's branch in England, and he's about to take it when he goes to negotiate a merger for the first time and freezes.

Aka may be young by corporate standards, but he had a life before that: as Red, the greatest hitman the Yakuza had ever seen. After betraying his bosses after killing an innocent family on their orders unaware of their intent, Aka fled to the corporate world, and seemed to have disappeared, until the brother-in-law of his former boss turns out to be the CEO of his firm's merger partner.

Desperate, afraid, and running out of time, Aka tries to stay one step ahead of the people who have been looking for him, always afraid to go back to the Red, back to the person he never swore to be again....

Are you ok?

>they dig the stuff up
>it's a mountain of ancient E.T. catridges

A harem where every female character detest the main character to the point of the main character ending up isolating themselves from society and dying a virgin. It's called Sup Forums

A cat gets hit by a truck and reincarnates as a catgirl in a fantasy land.
One day she is messing around in the forest and falls from a tree, only to land in the arms of a handsome stranger. After a brief exchange, they part ways, but the MC dreams that night of sleeping on his lap.
Thus she chases after him, unaware that he is actually next demon king. Along the way, she must compete with multiple demon whores who want his demon cock as well as the prince's bodyguards, who think she is one of these aforementioned whores.
As the story continues, the prince falls in love with the MC, but to his chagrin, her feelings are purely platonic and all she wants him for is for his lap.
Thus the prince must fighto in order to make her fall for him.

Who else /writer's block/ here?

MC is a young boy living with his stepbrother and stepmother after his father remarried. He’s an outgoing and reckless guy, but also well liked by his friends. Both his father and stepmother is a caring parent figure he highly respects, and he gets along with his stepbrother who is chill and willing to put up with his antics, pranks his friend or other stupid things to have fun. Everything seems fine to him other than one thing that bugs his mind. Lately he always has one repeating dream, scenes of brutal magic war.
At first he shrugs it off as a mere dream. But the dreams become increasingly vivid each time. Often he wake up suddenly before he was killed in his dream. His head slowly become more and more messed up. Like at one time he woke up at school once again only thin line away from killed in his dream. He can’t remember he woke up in the morning and goes to school, feeling like he just teleported to his desk in classroom.
One day he stumbled across an article about lucid dream. Thinking that this could be a solution for his problem, or at least stops himself from having nightmares, he starts practicing on it. He finds out it is actually harder than he thought. Unable to control his dream, he realized his condition slowly getting worse. He starts having hallucinations, seeing waves of colors floating in the air, having sudden blurry vision, and so on.
One day, he has the most vivid dream he ever had. He lies wounded in the middle of battlefield, fighting someone who looks exactly like his stepbrother. As they continue fighting, he knocked out many times, went back and forth between the battlefield and his bedroom. Until the last time he wakes up for real, in the battlefield. He finally realized it, the real world is this battlefield, the dreamworld is the one where he is a school boy living with his family and friends.

FALLS AND GROPES A GIRL

He’s saved from the battlefield by his companions. After sorting his thoughts, he finally remember what’s actually going on. He’s a member of a clan fighting in civil war in a world of magic. Not only he have to face his brother as enemy in the battlefield, he now realized the faces around him is the familiar faces from his peaceful dream world. He himself is an acting commander of his clan after the previous leader gone missing.
In his short breaks in this magic world, he still visit the peaceful dream world. Remembering his study of lucid dreaming, he tries to cast magic in this world and success, now convinced this one is indeed the dream world. But knowing this is not the real world make him feels anxious about this fake peaceful time. Travels back and forth between his real and dream world, he facing fear of his mind break down trying to distinguish dream and reality.
Other characters include an advisor of his clan in his magic world, a mysterious masked person who he would turn into to seeks advice. Later revealed to be his stepmother in dream world, while the missing previous clan leader is his father. In hope to end this war, he trying to figure out the identity of his enemy-stepbrother and the whereabout of his father.

I don't get posts like this. Why not go to Royal Road with it?
Or at least wait for a 'Write an LN plot' thread.

Never heard of Royal Road. What's their deal? Do they just host content or is there some kind of ad revenue program or whatever

Cute girls doing cute things, but one of the characters gets hit by Truck-kun in the last episode

Nice, interesting concept. But I´d really like them to meet a real yakuza or some shit, similar to Tomoko in the red light district, so that they´ll either find this life even more cool or it scares the shit out of them.

I'm not sure myself to be completely honest, I just know they host alot of fanfiction and amateur author stuff.
People post their chuuni power fantasies there but I dunno how they monetise it.

They make money with ads, and if your story is over 70k words, you can apply to have a donate button for yourself.

One day out of the blue, the nature of dreams changes entirely in one night. Instead of dreams as we know them, all dreams in this world have become vivdly lucid peeks into an entire other life.

Some people dream of someone else on the other side of the planet. Some dream of the life of someone long gone as if they were still here today. Some dream of people and places that couldn't possibly be their own.

And some, dream of another possibility. Another version of themselves, living a potential life that could have been theirs at some point.

For our main character, he'd been dreaming of a woman his age living the life of his figurative and literal dreams. She shares his background, his interests and his aspirations but not once had he ever considered that she was anything more than a kindred soul. Rather, she was a perfect embodiment of everything he strived for and the talents that made her that brought forth his deep envy and admiration for her.

It wasn't until one night that he made the connection that she was his alternate self. He dreamt of her living out her busy life as usual only to come back home to a surprise birthday party sprung by unexpected guests - her parents. His parents, different versions of them but the same father and mother that brought him into the world.

What he'd seen of her life came in pieces and nothing so concrete had shown up before but now he had no choice but to come to grips with the fact that his faraway dream life may have been out of his reach from the very moment he was conceived. The revelation tears away at him, his admiration for her turned into loathing for his lacking self and his own life spirals into a depressing reminder of what could have been.

(CONT)
He slowly gives up the passions and joys of his life, keeping himself awake only to fulfill his basic functions and sleeps the rest of his days away to get more time in that dream life of hers. However, as his own life steadily becomes bleaker, he notices that his other self also seems to somehow be affected by his downturn. She begins to act increasingly more dour and agitated for seemingly no reason and chalks it up to his presence affecting her mental state. That soon proves to only be partially correct.

One night, he drifts into the dream and wakes up in her head to see her glaring at herself in the mirror apparently annoyed by something. She lets out a long audible sigh, scrunches up her face and begins talking at the mirror.

"Hey! I know you're in there. You can hear me right? We need to talk."

I call this one "The Dream Life".

A young boy/girl is growing up in the far future where earlier the sun began to enter the final stages of its life. Its slowly getting larger and directing more heat at the earth. Humanity frantically searches for the means to save themselves and protect what is left. Large dome cities are built and the rest of the world outside of them slowly killed themselves off so not much is left aside from inside the domes. Finally man masters FTL flight. They have not mastered FTL communications. It only works in one direction. A test of a probe they sent gets a return message 10 years after its departure as mankind has in the meantime been building a ship with the FTL drive and select pilots.

The young person is selected and after all the processes they launch. The FTL drive burns off and they all watch as they fly towards the closest habitable planet they have found which is thousands of light years away. They keep an eye on it and full years pass by in days. Not too long before they arrive they see a large asteroid impact the planet and glass nearly its entire surface.

OK but what do they do

What kinda hard mode is that? People make tragedies every other plot in normal threads

anyway

MC-chan dies and is reincarnated as a love rival in an otome game. Said love rival at the end of the game will get tortured and executed at the end so naturally the MC wants to avoid this bad end. So hey all she needs to do is avoid the Heroine and love interest and not do the horrible actions that the love rival undertook and she will be alright right? right? Destiny is not easily fixed and as she tries to avoid the flags to bad end they due to unfortunate circumstances happens anyway. Even if she tries to avoid the other characters they intrude in her life regardless and the lack of communications grow their animosity. Watch as a girl slowly mentally breaks down as their bad end slowly but inevitably approaches her.

Crossover with Midori Days when?

Mahou Shonen VS Henshin Heroine!

The two MCs are 12 year old twin siblings, a boy and a girl (Called here Taro and Hana for simplicity). Even though they are technically not identical twins, they look almost indistinguishable. Taro isn't very manly, and Hana isn't very feminine. Ever since they were born, the twins were each other's best friends, especially because they guarded each other's greatest secret. Taro is a massive Magical Girl and other Shoujo otaku, and Hana is a massive Henshin Hero and other Shonen otaku. They always cover for each other, pretending the other sibling is the one who likes the thing they like, even their parents don't know, with them secretly swapping every birthday present they get.

One day, while Hana goes outside to check the mail, a mysterious cute creature appears in front of Taro. The creature confuses him for Hana, and tells "her" that "she" was chosen to become a real Magical Girl. Taro pretends that he is Hana and accepts. Meanwhile, Hana sees in the mail a letter adressed to Taro, telling him he was chosen by the secret super hero society to become a real Henshin Hero, and to come to their secret HQ. She goes there and pretends to be Taro.

Both of them start their super powered career, hiding their real identity from their new allies, and their secret from everyone, including the other sibling (because each is afraid that if the other finds out s/he will demand their role). They start to fight monsters, but soon find out that the Magical Girls and Henshin Heroes are basically two rival gangs. No big grimdark twist where they murder each other or anything, but they constantly fight over who gets to defeat which monster and get the glory, and setting each other silly traps to stop them.

TL;DR
>Twin brother is a trap magical girl, twin sister is reverse-trap KR style henshin hero
>They fight crime and monsters, but also each other
>Extremely silly

Bonuses:

>The leaders of the Magical Girls and Henshin Heroes are a former couple, and they whole rivalry started from a very ugly breakup
>Each of the siblings have about 3 main friends in their faction, but they all have slight battle harem style crushes on them. However, this is mostly played for laughs, as the girls' crush on Taro is presented with Yuri tropes, and the boys' crush on Hana is presented with Yaoi tropes
>The monsters/bad guys are a faction within themselves. Their own leader is offended that the MG and HH focus more and sabotaging each other than actually fighting them, and he ignores his subordinates' advice to use this to their advantage, and instead he hatches his own silly schemes to get them to make up
>The twins' childhood friend is a super nice kid. The class rep who helps everyone and is totally selfless. But secretly he wishes to be a villain. However, the most evil things he can do is stuff like tearing tags off mattress or jaywalking. He eventually joins the monster faction
>The twins themselves eventually find out about each other, but their parents remain comically ignorant for the whole show, even obvious signs happen, like the leader of the Heroes coming to their house in full Henshin gear, asking for Taro, and Hana (pretending to be Taro), says that it's their gym teacher or something

Neat

MC is in love with a girl in his class who is also his childhood friend. He goes to the generic riverbank to be wistful. Out of the water appears a kappa. The kappa demands 10,000 cucumbers in the next week, or else MC will get NTRed. He attempts to obtain all 10,000 cucumbers legitimately, but his life slowly devolves into a world of cucumber thievery. Upon delivery, the kappa transforms into a giant kappa made of cucumbers and begins to destroy the city. The military manages to subdue it, and MC confesses everything to love interest. She turns him in, and he becomes a fugitive from justice. He finds shelter at a gay brothel where they make him use a cucumber as a sex toy. One night he runs away and ends up in a rich neighborhood. He looks through a window and sees love interest getting railed by the kappa.

Thank you, user. Do you have any extra ideas/criticisms?

No

>MC is unpopular but not a complete scumbag
>only his humble childhood friend who became popular hangs with him
>one day Truck-kun comes a-honking
>headed straight for MC's friend
>MC's first thought is to push his friend out of harm's way and sacrifice himself
>only he doesn't
>friend gets hit so hard he gets isekai'd
>meanwhile MC continues school without any friends, becoming bitter and lonely
>friend ends up saving a fantasy world and building an even bigger harem than he had in school
>this fate was meant for MC, but he lost it all in a moment of weakness

Why are there so many stories lately about an MC meeting his genderflipped alternate self? Is there some fucking Jungian multiverse conspiracy happening?

NEET loser MC-kun gets isekai'd.
He gets his harem. Obligatory blonde tsundere, generic vampire loli, busty heroine. Let's go full retard and make the heroine this world's reincarnation of his childhood friend from the other world.
Oh, we almost forgot the cat-eared girl. She can be a loli as well.
All that in a battle academy with frequent tournaments and stuff.
Where he learns magic and levels up to fight the demon king army.
And of course he starts off weak but turns out he's super-OP.
Let's make the demon queen this world's version of himself. Of course she becomes part of his harem.
It's almost a masterpiece but feels like something's missing, anyone have any other ideas?

>a man driving a japanese truck is on his route. when a school girl jumps out in front of him and is hit by the truck, she dies.
>the truck driver is in court. though he is found to be not at fault. he has a dozen other not at fault accidents involving him driving a truck that ran over someone. plus his obvious depression shown in court, has the judge order him to a psychiatrist.
>each episode after the first is him at the psychiatrist. talking about each of the incidents of him hitting someone with a truck. his talking provides the narration for the flashbacks.
>final episode the truck driver and the psychiatrist are in court. the psychiatrist says the driver is cleared to go back to work. though he may want to find a new job.
>the truck driver finds a new job as a bus driver. though his route goes by at least 5 schools.

Auschwitz or My Life In A Concentration Camp.