What's the worst series you've ever watched on a strong recommendation from someone you trust(ed)?

What's the worst series you've ever watched on a strong recommendation from someone you trust(ed)?

Nanoha. It was then I realized moefags are insane.

I trust no one

Black Bullet

Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou. Dropped it 10 minutes into episode 1.

konosuba

shit really wasn't funny at all wanted to kill myself about 1/2 way through

First Clannad.

Your friend was probably talking about the manga if he's not a retarded piece of garbage, not saying you'll like it but its far superior to the anime.

SAO

And I watched ALL of it.

Elfed Lied

It was just so ugly but I managed to finish it

>Madoka
>K-on
>Youyo senki
What a waste of time. Youyo senki was the only one I watched entirely, since being x was my favorite character, shit nonetheless.

>he

It was actually a chick

That show was the first anime I ever watched. I must have been 14 or 15. I remember being mesmerized

I'm afraid to watch it again

Aquarion Evol
We each recommended each other something and my show ended up being much better

Is the second season of Tokyo ghoul worth my time if I wasn't really into the first?

Never trust recommendations from women, that's what I've learned.

NO
The second season of Tokyo Ghoul is one of the worst pieces of anime ever created.
However, if you ever found anything interesting about the first season, I urge you to try out the manga, it is vastly superior to the anime version, let alone the second season. Also the plot starts to get really interesting right after the point that the first season ended on (season two takes the latter half of the manga and butchers everything, then stitches together the mangled remains into something not even so much as resembling a coherent plot, using disjointed bits and pieces from the manga to go episode-to-episode without logical reason).

Just read the fucking manga.

The show was just...depressing.

I came off of Yuri on Ice and Mon Psycho 100 which both had passably realistic human dialogue. But TG was atrocious. But beyond that it was just so depressing. I could only watch that kid get beat to a pulp so many times

I work 44 hours a week and come home to a family I don't have time to read

Sup Forums told me to watch Kemono Friends. It was incredibly boring.

Reading is faster than watching.

Did you watch all of it? I got sucked into its pacing and comfy atmosphere about halfway into the second episode, the first episode was a struggle though.
I still have absolutely no fucking idea why it's as popular as it is. It was better than expected, which still means it was only decent.

Fate/Zero

Steins;Gate or Hunter x Hunter

Just read like 3-5 chapters before you go to bed or some shit. It'll just take you 10-20 minutes or so.

Lucky Star

>recommendation from someone you trust(ed)?
Go back to MAL.

>someone you trust
My mom doesn't watch animes.

HxH was some seriously frustrating shit.

The world building was amazing but the further it went it just became one unbearable monologue after another. The chimaera ant arc was LITERALLY painful

I don't trust MAL.

I thought Yorkshin was great but yeah it really started to drag to the point of being unbearable during the ant arc

Don't listen to them. TG is trash, the manga included.

Berserk

If you thought that was painful, try reading the election arc afterwards.
>exposition

Kannazuki no Miko

NGNL
Didn't hate it, but it didn't catch my attention enough for me to watch very much of it.
I ignore most recommendations from people I know, and I think it works out pretty well.

Psycho Pass

couldn't make it past the second episode

fuck off newfag

you have shit taste in comedy

I pity you.

valrave
>music video episode
wat

Steins;Gate

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, I think, but I'm scarce about whose recommendations I take.

Elfen Lied. I didn't make it past the first episode. What a fucking mess.

Madoka, Haruhi and Fate/Zero. What a trick I fell for.

Clannad

Your taste is just shit, m8.

Nah, all those are just overhyped garbage. I only watched Fate/Zero cause I heard it was the only decent thing to come out of the Fate series. There is nothing decent that has been spawned by that seriesexcept Illya but her series is yuri shit. I would also like to add Stein's Gate to the list of shitty anime I got tricked into watching.

Fate is kinda mediocre but not especially bad, Haruhi and Madoka are good, though. Steins;Gate is indeed garbage.

Madoka doesn't have any decent characters and the story is trash. I didn't like anyone in Haruhi but Kyon but one character wasn't going to convince me the show wasn't shit.

Ben-To. I had to buy a new monitor after having an angry, hate filled, autistic meltdown from the first episode.

Did I miss opposite day? I refuse to think Sup Forums have this much shit taste now

The keyword with Berserk is "watched". Konosuba looked like generic harem trash even if that explosion girl was popular. I heard Nichijou has no decent jokes which is why I avoided it.

>all this S;G hate
Was the anime adaptation that bad? I only read the VN.

>ITT we are contrarians

>Madoka doesn't have any decent characters and the story is trash.
All Madoka characters are decent bar maybe Kyouko. Madoka herself is the best one. Her desire to help her friends and the fear that kept her from doing so were depicted very convincingly for a 14 year old girl.

>I didn't like anyone in Haruhi but Kyon but one character wasn't going to convince me the show wasn't shit.
How can you not like the epitome of fun that is the SOS dan?

I didn't like Chrisu or whatever her name. Had it ended bitter sweet then I might remember it more favorably.

>All Madoka characters are decent

Obviously EVA.

Mahouka

Why don't mods delete threads like this and why do people bump it?

Black Lagoon.
For a dumb action show it was too fucking boring and the only tolerable character is a blond kike.

90's Berserk was just fine and if you haven't actually watched Nichijou nor Konosuba how can you say they were bad?

Re:zero
Mirai Nikki
Death Note
Madoka
All trash and should burn in hell

>tokyo ghoul
>what's the recommendation
just delete this board already

Lurk hard enough. I detest watching shit series and shows with terrible endings.

all are ok but extremely overrated

Serial Experiments Lain
dropped after 2nd episode and never watched it again, maybe I didn't understand the plot 5 years ago

hunterxhunter and elfen lied. both were terrible

I truly don't get why people think Madoka is trash. I can understand not liking it but thinking it's shit is pretty interesting. I guess some people just have shit taste.

Gundam SEED

Not that user but maybe I set my bar too high for it. It's super mediocre and doesn't really deserve much if any praise. I didn't watch the movie cause I had enough from the original series.

Monogatari, not even baiting

>Monogatari
It just seemed like artsy crap and so I avoided it.

It is artsy crap. Madoka at least had a plot, what I saw of Monogatari was boring dia/monologue and >le ebin pedo jokes xD

You need to watch more anime if you think Tokyo Ghoul was the worst anime ever made.
It's a fairly haphazard adaptation of the manga but it's not as different as TGfags like to claim.

Master of Martial Hearts but I went in with the knowledge it was bad

>it's not as different as TGfags like to claim
>Root A is not as different from the manga as TGfags like to claim
You must be joking.

no people here just wanna hate on stuff that's popular

The VN is shit too faggot
Would've been better if it was an eroge
The whole Sci;Adv series is autistic shit

>Death Note
>trash
Neck yourself pleb

Steins:gate and re:zero
Recommended by the same shit taste normie pleb. I remember i once recommend mob psycho for him and he said "the art is bad"
fucking kill me

Cowboy bebop

I also hated it at first but then I re watched it casually as compared to the first time where I just straight up binge watched the whole shit in a day
You gotta immerse yourself into the ambiance of the jazz music
Although Jupiter Jazz Part 2 episode is irredeemable shit

Please at least watch actual Mahou Shoujo.

Cross Game. I think the look-a-like was the breaking point, if not the constant remainder of poor old Waka-chan every episode to gainer fake emotions.

Madoka.

Fast forward 75% of it.

It was extremely popular while airing, and so the people that didn't watch it while airing heard all the hype. Then it didn't live up to their expectations. Pretty much happens to every popular show (see most of this thread), as well as the people that originally liked it calling it shit later.

Konosuba. It's not the worst thing ever but it's really mediocre/not that funny.

> detest watching shit series and shows with terrible endings.
lurk even harder two of those are fucking comedies.

People never really recommend stuff to me.The last time someone did, it was Madoka, and I enjoyed it. Most mediocre anime I've seen, I've come across from hearing randos online talk about.

That other bahumat anime, with urobutcher and nasu

Death note
I wish I could just forget most of it

Oreimo. The only people I could see enjoying it are people who wanna fuck their sisters. The brother was boring and an idiot and the sister was a hideous bitch who just whined and bullied her way into getting what she wanted.

Clannad. How boring...

I've seen Mars of Destruction, Garzey's Wing, and Master of Martial Hearts.

Tokyo Ghoul: Root A was easily among those in quality.

I just pretend Tokyo Ghoul ended at the original run of the manga.